Community > Posts By > jimmyjam23

jimmyjam23's photo
Wed 06/03/09 06:41 AM
The Queensland Government of Australia published a case study that I completed during my tertiary studies regarding the sustainability of sand mining on North Stradbroke Island. That is about as far as any of my writing has ever gone. Boring piece of analytical garbage in my opinion haha :laughing:

jimmyjam23's photo
Wed 06/03/09 06:24 AM
Clubbed to Death Kurayamino Mix from the Matrix Soundtrack a different remix was also used in the Requiem for a Dream Soundtrack and the composer is a guy called Robert Dougan, does some amazing work.

Yours sincerely,
A. Certified Audiophile.

jimmyjam23's photo
Wed 06/03/09 03:43 AM

40million copies and counting.

jimmyjam23's photo
Wed 06/03/09 01:45 AM
I am surprised to not see more one word replies.

eg. Yes, No.

Justification of your personal reasons/beliefs as to why are ridiculous anyway, as the statement would be subject to the recipient of your love which will differ from yours anyway.

jimmyjam23's photo
Tue 06/02/09 10:22 PM
Sooooooo HOT!

jimmyjam23's photo
Tue 06/02/09 09:41 AM
The progression of society into a materialistic, conceited, superficial cesspool of unintelligible moronic desires.

Simplified Version:

Because back in the "day" - manners, charm, wit, intelligence, morals, respect etc. bought you as many brownie points as: "Wearing the right clothes, driving a nice car, being in the right 'crowd', listening to the right music, having x amount of money etc" earns you these days.

**** is disgusting... and not much gets me fired up to the point I'll swear in what is otherwise a good wholesome intellectual discussion.

jimmyjam23's photo
Tue 06/02/09 09:21 AM
The tendency of the human mind to favor - Autonomous Habitual Behaviors because they are more efficient for the brain to process, and circumvent negative effects on the human psyche such as fear, pain, sadness, stress etc.

jimmyjam23's photo
Tue 06/02/09 09:07 AM

What if the cheated on is in a coma, does that count?

There was a lady online here a few months ago with this dilemma to a degree. Her husband is a vegetable, she's taken care of him for 9 years, even though he can't recognize her.... She didn't just "put him away". And she'd remained faithful for 9 years of this, was getting to the end of her fuse for the need to be touched, loved, make love....
That's a really hard situation of which I would NOT make any judgement.

In this situation, if you apply my rules of reason, rationality and logic. She is unable to communicate in an effective manner with her significant other, in which case she would need to weigh up whether or not she wished to remain in the relationship.

In order to sleep with a clear conscience I would think that she would need to discuss her thoughts and intended actions with her husband, even if he is unresponsive and cannot digest the information. Make the decision public, so as not to attract the scorn of others with a vested interest in the situation and then go about her business.

Keep in mind this does not mean that she would need to completely cut off her husband from care, or out of her life. She could continue to care for him and have him as a part of her life indefinitely, so long as she had cleared the air surrounding the status of the relationship and removed all stigma/taboo surrounding same with those whom had a vested interest, there is no reason why she could not pursue both endeavors.

Oh no he didnt. :tongue:

Hahaha I so did, its easy to sit here as an outsider and try to apply objective methods to a subjective situation, but at the end of the day, we all know the emotional gravity a decision like that would have on an individual and not all would be capable of breaking down the situation into a simplified manner.

If I have learned one thing in my short time on earth, it is that life is complicated enough, if you can simplify it in any way, shape or form to help make things more tangible, do so.

jimmyjam23's photo
Tue 06/02/09 08:58 AM
rara - "Let there be rock" original 70's video clip - nothing beats Angus Young in a green vestibule robe with a poorly constructed halo performing what is one of the catchiest and most memorable guitar solos in his bands yet to be ended career.

jimmyjam23's photo
Tue 06/02/09 08:56 AM

What if the cheated on is in a coma, does that count?

There was a lady online here a few months ago with this dilemma to a degree. Her husband is a vegetable, she's taken care of him for 9 years, even though he can't recognize her.... She didn't just "put him away". And she'd remained faithful for 9 years of this, was getting to the end of her fuse for the need to be touched, loved, make love....
That's a really hard situation of which I would NOT make any judgement.

In this situation, if you apply my rules of reason, rationality and logic. She is unable to communicate in an effective manner with her significant other, in which case she would need to weigh up whether or not she wished to remain in the relationship.

In order to sleep with a clear conscience I would think that she would need to discuss her thoughts and intended actions with her husband, even if he is unresponsive and cannot digest the information. Make the decision public, so as not to attract the scorn of others with a vested interest in the situation and then go about her business.

Keep in mind this does not mean that she would need to completely cut off her husband from care, or out of her life. She could continue to care for him and have him as a part of her life indefinitely, so long as she had cleared the air surrounding the status of the relationship and removed all stigma/taboo surrounding same with those whom had a vested interest, there is no reason why she could not pursue both endeavors.

jimmyjam23's photo
Tue 06/02/09 08:43 AM

:thumbsup:

PS. Love your choice of literature (peeked your profile :P)

Sorry to go off topic heh.

jimmyjam23's photo
Tue 06/02/09 08:42 AM
Short Answer: NO.

Long Answer:
Blame cannot be assigned to the person who has been cheated on, for happiness is a subjective criteria upon which humans base a loosely categorized emotion which is different for each individual.

Therefore the cheated on could think that they are doing the utmost to keep their partner happy, but due to the difference in the definition of happiness for each individual, the cheated on cannot grasp the total meaning of the word happiness in the cheaters mind. Nor can they assign the level of happiness or unhappiness which would prevent or cause the cheater from not performing or performing such an act.

Thus, it is the cheaters responsibility to voice this dissatisfaction with their significant other, find common ground, communicate, compromise and move forward as a couple. If this cannot be achieved then they must weigh up the possibility that the relationship is doomed and they must move on for the good of all involved.

In closing, as can be clearly seen from the above stated argument the responsibility lies solely on the shoulders of the cheater, if they cannot find the courage nor medium to communicate with their partner effectively, than how can their partner correctly gauge their level of happiness, their personal definition of happiness, or the state of mind they would need to be in before contemplating performing such an act etc etc.

Pretty clear cut in my opinion.

jimmyjam23's photo
Tue 06/02/09 08:23 AM
Anyone else rush out and buy this at the first possible opportunity?

It's currently on never ending repeat in my system, cannot stop listening to it. First decent album I have bought in ages, one of those records you can listen to from start to finish and not hear a bad track.

Highly recommended for fans and people who have never heard of them.

glasses drinker smokin drinks

jimmyjam23's photo
Tue 06/02/09 08:08 AM

Frankly it's not the color that I struggle with. I've been attracted to women of many races. What I struggle with is cultural differences. But I find as I have aged those difference have even started to become attractive.

Its all about perception.

If you view cultural differences as an obstacle and a boundary of course they are going to present challenges.

If you view them as something new, exciting and adventurous to share with eachother then it becomes a whole new ball game.

jimmyjam23's photo
Tue 06/02/09 07:20 AM
I don't discriminate in anything, including love, color, creed, religion - if there is chemistry there is chemistry, end of story.

I don't see why people think its such a big deal... I know there are people like that, but I just don't personally understand it. Best of luck in your search, there are definitely like minded individuals out there.

jimmyjam23's photo
Tue 06/02/09 06:45 AM
Hahahaha 10 for awesome.

(not german, just staying here and... ****ing Berlin Wall is harder to climb than it looks)

jimmyjam23's photo
Tue 06/02/09 06:30 AM
Born to Be Wild.

jimmyjam23's photo
Tue 06/02/09 06:09 AM
Yellow Submarine

jimmyjam23's photo
Tue 06/02/09 06:08 AM
ICicle

jimmyjam23's photo
Tue 06/02/09 06:01 AM
Yeah I'm Real...ly hungover at work :(