Community > Posts By > jimmyjam23

jimmyjam23's photo
Tue 05/12/09 07:40 AM
I'm confident the next topic you start will end with "be seeing you"

jimmyjam23's photo
Tue 05/12/09 07:11 AM
Despite the fact you said you aren't fishing for compliments or insults, I think that you have a very low self esteem / confidence. The fact that you care enough, about what other people think about you to make a topic related to the subject tells me this.

And no amount of arguing to the contrary from yourself or the white knights of the community that will assuredly spring to your defense in the hopes of gaining precious brownie points in your favor book will err my conclusion on this matter. Because if you break down your initial post and extract one small section:

"I can't figure out what guys think of me?"

Why would you want to figure it out, if you didn't care?

This is by no means a post trying to make you feel bad by the way, its more pointing out the obvious in the hopes you will make a realisation and act on correcting an unnecessary and unfounded negative character trait.

You are cute, you seem to be of some intelligence (able to construct tangible sentences, deal with constructive criticism etc.) and most of all you are you. Who cares if guys like your taste in music, who cares if guys think you are cute or not, who cares what anyone thinks about you full stop.

Do what you wanna do, be what you wanna be YEEEEEEAH (couldn't resist bursting into song) but seriously... be yourself, take others opinions with a grain of salt, and have fun in life.

Worrying about what guys think about you isn't going to get you anywhere, what you change yourself to better suit their needs and then compromise who you really are as a person and end up miserable anyway?

NOOOOOO THANKYOU.

Anyway, hope that didn't come off the wrong way, I am often accused of being as subtle as a sledgehammer, but felt it needed to be said. Chin Up, Have Fun - Screw Anyone Who Has an Ill Thought About You!

jimmyjam23's photo
Tue 05/12/09 06:58 AM
"Say hello to my little friend!.."

Al Pacino as Tony Montagna in Scarface.

Its my personal favorite because when I yell it out whilst imitating his voice at the urinal I'm guaranteed a few concerned looks and the odd laugh.

Also guaranteed laughs at the closing stages of a strip tease ;)

jimmyjam23's photo
Tue 05/12/09 12:48 AM
Not the best description, but I wiki'd it out of laziness for scoping other sources admittedly and I'll explain below.

Sleep Paralysis - Physiologically, sleep paralysis is closely related to the paralysis that occurs as a natural part of REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, which is known as REM atonia. Sleep paralysis occurs when the brain awakes from a REM state, but the body paralysis persists. This leaves the person fully conscious, but unable to move. The paralysis can last from several seconds to several minutes "after which the individual may experience panic symptoms and the realization that the distorted perceptions were false"

As a sufferer of MeSH (isolated recurring sleep paralysis) I can tell you that it only takes a second :) you can drift off into a microsleep without even realising it. It feels like you have been conscious the entire time, and you have a VERY VERY lucid perception of reality.

You can be paralyzed for 0.01seconds, or 10 minutes, it varies, but the perception of reality can remain altered for a much longer period of time, as it takes your brain longer to recover your consciousness from a catatonic state than it does your motor skills, which can be proven by the amount of people that roll around and move in their sleep compared to the amount of people that can see in their sleep!

Causes:
* Sleeping in a face upwards or supine position
* Irregular sleeping schedules; naps, sleeping in, sleep deprivation
* Increased stress
* Sudden environmental/lifestyle changes
* A lucid dream that immediately precedes the episode.

Please note each of the above that have had an experience, did so under extreme stress or a lifestyle change. Pregnancy, Death of a Loved One etc.

OH THAT COULD NEVER HAPPEN TO ME?
Several studies have concluded that many or most people will experience sleep paralysis at least once or twice in their lives. A study conducted by Sedaghat F. et al. has investigated the prevalence of sleep paralysis among Iranian medical students. 24.1% of students reported experiencing sleep paralysis at least once in their lifetime. The same result was reported among Japanese, Nigerian, Kuwaiti, Sudanese and American students.[14]

Not trying to be a downer or anything, but its worth taking into consideration, I thought I was going crazy and being talked to by god and all sorts of stuff before I got diagnosed and medicated, luckily I grew out of it and no longer require medication.

And it can happen to anyone, at any time, it can be a one time thing, recurring... its completely random, and its VERY VERY VERY difficult to distinguish and diagnose without professional assistance, so don't jump on a bandwagon and take it as gospel, just some food for thought :)

jimmyjam23's photo
Tue 05/12/09 12:13 AM
8 (cute smile)

jimmyjam23's photo
Mon 05/11/09 11:13 PM

No matter what faith you subscribe to, if you believe in one all mighty power that be, answer me this:

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able, and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him god?

- Epicurus.

I'm sure some of you have seen this quote before, and I'm not posting it to be a smart alec or rub you up the wrong way or anything of such nature.

I am having a lapse in what was once a strong personal belief in god, for personal reasons I would rather not go into. However, this quote really struck something in me, and has made me question faith in general (not just my own), as I really cannot find an answer to the questions posed in this verse.

Anyone willing to clarify how it can be disproven using logic are welcome to reply. I would welcome anyone to try and help out, because I'm pretty much lost for an answer...

The issue comes in the fallacy of attempting to quantify evil. The question centers on defining evil. Evil - like darkness, is unquantifyable - for it is often viewed as the antithesis of good - when in reality, it is the falling short of it. Not the opposite - but the lack of. As with Darkness - which is not the opposite of light, but the absense of it. Therefore - Epicurous falls short in his analysis of God's dealing with evil - as he indicates a lack of understanding of what evil is - or rather, he premises that it is a mesurable entity which stands on it's own. We ony understand evil in the light of knowing what the good is that it has fallen short of.

That is the logical analysis of your question. It centers around accepting a false premise introduced by Epicurous. Though his argument may seem to make sense - it only makes sense if one presumes that evil is something that can be defined independent of the good it falls short of.

This is EXACTLY what I was looking for :) thankyou.

jimmyjam23's photo
Mon 05/11/09 10:55 PM
Me and my right hand, make a pretty sweet couple, been together over 23 years, never fight, and she is always up for a good time when I am!

rofl

jimmyjam23's photo
Mon 05/11/09 06:04 AM
I have no idea how to play, but I guess I'll learn fast! TRIAL BY FIRE!

jimmyjam23's photo
Mon 05/11/09 05:53 AM
No matter what faith you subscribe to, if you believe in one all mighty power that be, answer me this:

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able, and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him god?

- Epicurus.

I'm sure some of you have seen this quote before, and I'm not posting it to be a smart alec or rub you up the wrong way or anything of such nature.

I am having a lapse in what was once a strong personal belief in god, for personal reasons I would rather not go into. However, this quote really struck something in me, and has made me question faith in general (not just my own), as I really cannot find an answer to the questions posed in this verse.

Anyone willing to clarify how it can be disproven using logic are welcome to reply. I would welcome anyone to try and help out, because I'm pretty much lost for an answer...

jimmyjam23's photo
Sat 05/09/09 01:52 PM

My skills at upside down back to front toothpaste on torso writing amaze me!

rofl rofl
We have our first diehard!!!!!!!!

Pain is my middle name! You girls are *****cats compared to my tattoo artist :D

jimmyjam23's photo
Sat 05/09/09 01:48 PM

rofl

My skills at upside down back to front toothpaste on torso writing amaze me!

jimmyjam23's photo
Sat 05/09/09 01:19 PM

Oh! MY!!!!!drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool

Nice freaking target!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This will start later this evening...I will yell out a role call and the Ladies will be here....

Oh, and welcome to the Hotties thread, Jimmy!:banana:

Wait wait... theres more than 1 person shooting at me *clenches his but cheeks*...uh-oh

jimmyjam23's photo
Sat 05/09/09 01:12 PM

reporting in

Hi Rare.. I am the only judge here and I am scooting out as I type :)

See all you Hotties tonight at the Butt-Off!

Paintball me up pitchfork

jimmyjam23's photo
Sat 05/09/09 12:59 PM

wow. that's one intelligent-looking pooch.

He is a superstar :)

jimmyjam23's photo
Sat 05/09/09 12:32 PM

Nice ink Jimmy!

Top rate bro.

Thanks bud!

jimmyjam23's photo
Sat 05/09/09 12:25 PM

Crappy webcam pic is crappy, but its all I can do for now!

jimmyjam23's photo
Sat 05/09/09 12:11 PM

Hi Jimmy Nice backside...I mean tat!

Haha the front side has a few pictures too :P

jimmyjam23's photo
Sat 05/09/09 12:03 PM
Reporting in... i guess... *shrug*

jimmyjam23's photo
Sat 05/09/09 11:46 AM

Hello and welcome, new friend! flowerforyou

BTW, Beautiful Tattoo! :thumbsup:

Thanks, there is more too it these days, but thats the most recent pic I have unfortunately :( booked in for the finishing touches to the backpiece on the 19th cant wait!

jimmyjam23's photo
Sat 05/09/09 11:41 AM
This is my boy Eski, he is my best friend. He always listens and never judges, he is always there when I need him, I don't even have to call him. He is always honest and can make me smile & laugh even at the worst of times.

Papa even taught him to say "I love you" no kidding he sounds like scooby doo :P

I love him, and I know he loves me... he is my main man, I dunno how I would get along without him :)