Community > Posts By > dolphin0925

no photo
Sat 07/15/17 05:50 AM
"I consider that a man's brain originally is like a little empty attic, and you have to stock it with such furniture as you choose. A fool takes in all the lumber of every sort that he comes across, so that the knowledge which might be useful to him gets crowded out, or at best is jumbled up with a lot of other things, so that he has a difficulty in laying his hands upon it. Now the skillful workman is very careful indeed as to what he takes into his brain-attic. He will have nothing but the tools which may help him in doing his work, but of these he has a large assortment, and all in the most perfect order. It is a mistake to think that that little room has elastic walls and can distend to any extent. Depend upon it there comes a time when for every addition of knowledge you forget something that you knew before. It is of the highest importance, therefore, not to have useless facts elbowing out the useful ones."
-Arthur Conan Doyle, A Study in Scarlet (Sherlock Holmes, #1)-

no photo
Sat 07/15/17 05:37 AM
"People tend to be generous when sharing their nonsense, fear, and ignorance. And while they seem quite eager to feed you their negativity, please remember that sometimes the diet we need to be on is a spiritual and emotional one. Be cautious with what you feed your mind and soul. Fuel yourself with positivity and let that fuel propel you into positive action."
-Steve Maraboli-

"He who speaks from the lips chatters. He who speaks from an empty mind adds confusion to discord. He who speaks from a full mind feeds the minds of men. He who speaks from his heart wins the confidence of mankind. But he who speaks from his soul heals the heartbreaks of a world and feeds the hungry, starving souls of men. He can dry the tears of anguish and pain. He can bring light, for he will carry light."
-Annalee Skarin-

no photo
Sat 07/15/17 03:47 AM
"You should never regret anything in life. If it's Good, its wonderful. If it's Bad, its experience."happy drinker

no photo
Fri 07/14/17 10:20 PM

losing someone you love as a result of betrayal (cheating) or losing someone you love by natural causes (death) ?

Both gives us worst feelings. Betrayal has a damaging effect psychologically which could sometimes affect our confidence and how we deal with people in the future. Though for others , they can easily get over the feeling of loss in betrayal and just move on with life and choose to be happy. It may hurt but then you still have a chance to find someone better and may totally forget the old pain as a new love could heal you. But death, this will bring a lifetime sorrow , as you cannot replace that person you lost. You may get over the grief but the absence of that person in your life will always be felt, it's simply irreplaceable.

no photo
Fri 07/14/17 09:55 PM
Happy birthday!waving drinker

no photo
Fri 07/14/17 08:50 PM

Dolphin0925,

Welcome to my cyber mansion, so in little words its okay to genteelly turn down. you right its about the delivery and how you do it. like it was taught to me its not what you do but its about how you do it. Ladies let me ask you this, would it make it better if the man offer the f-word or does it feel better coming for you ladies.

EyeAm, thank you for welcoming me. Though this is not my first time to post comment on your thread. You always have interesting thread where I have commented beforehappy :thumbsup:

As for a man putting me into a friend zone, i have never experienced that as I have never initiated interest with a man. I am the waiting type , I don't go after a man. He has to be the first to show interest to me, so most of the time I am the one offering the friend zone. It would be a slap if a man rejects you, as it is too obvious you are the one going after him. noway slaphead

no photo
Fri 07/14/17 12:21 AM
I am usually the one who put a suitor into a friend zone. I guess it's normal for a man to feel bad and disappointed when rejected. But it's how we deliver the rejection, a woman has to be sensitive to a man's ego and feelings, coz most of them lose their confidence when rejected. I try to be subtle and I build up the confidence of that man, I didn't reject him because he has qualities that I don't like , but it just so happened that I don't feel anything for him except friendship or brotherly love and you have to make him understand that. I have a suitor I rejected but because he's a real nice person we continued to be good friends and I found a good female friend to date him, now they are in a relationship and we are good friends still, I became their confidante. We may not win the heart of a lover but we can gain a good friend for a lifetime:)

no photo
Thu 07/13/17 11:44 PM
Saying I'm sorry doesn't necessarily mean you are guilty for doing something wrong. For me it means that I care about how you feel. I say sorry because maybe somehow I have caused someone to feel bad or may have put someone in an unfavorable situation, feelings or thoughts which we didn't intentionally do. Sorry is a word that connects us with another's emotion and gives comfort, showing them that we understand and feel them.

no photo
Thu 07/13/17 10:46 PM
Feeling happy and contented with my life and grateful for every opportunities that comes my way....... Looking forward to a fun filled day with friends later ..... preparing to cook for the picnic and barbecue tonighthappy :heart: drinker

no photo
Thu 07/13/17 10:40 PM
"By taking the time to stop and appreciate who you are and what you've achieved - and perhaps learned through a few mistakes, stumbles and losses - you actually can enhance everything about you. Self-acknowledgment and appreciation are what give you the insights and awareness to move forward toward higher goals and accomplishments." (Jack Canfield)

"Once you start appreciating life, that's when you realize how much you truly have to live for."

happy :heart: drinker

no photo
Thu 07/13/17 10:21 PM
Woke up with excitement for this afternoon barbecue and night swimming later with friends happy :heart: drinker

no photo
Thu 07/13/17 09:23 PM
You should feel proud of yourself because this girl really trust you a lot. She feels safe and secured with your company without feeling awkward or uncomfortable, she can be herself with you. My first boyfriend, we've been friends for 5 years. I didn't have any male friends, he was like my best friend and rescuer. When I go out with my friends and we are all girls, I feel secured when he comes with us thinking no boys will bother us if he is there. He was my brother's best friend and I love him like one too. I wasn't ready to have a boyfriend then when he was courting me, he was okay for us with being friends only. We only dated once during the courtship, most of the time he would visit me at home only and when we go out we are in a group with friends , my brother and sister. Many times he tried to tell me his feelings for me, but what can I do as I really don't feel something for him except as like a brother only. I was grateful that he accepted that and we just remained as friends. Years past and one day I just felt a special feeling for him. I was struck by the poem that he has given me, it made me realize my true feelings and appreciate him. The relationship may not have lasted but I was thankful enough for the good memories we shared together and until now we are still friends, catching up from time to time when we have a chance to see with common friends. In that experience i have learned to appreciate the presence of a special person in my life who valued and loved me, who showed me love, sincerity, patience and perseverance. Sometimes we may not realize the feelings earlier it is because it's not yet the right time. Just enjoy and be grateful of the friendship you have with her for now. I am not giving you a false hope, just be open for all the possibilities, who knows love may grow. Continue to value your friendship, if you want to date other girls, you are free to do so as you don't have a commitment with her yet and so you would also know your real feelings for her. Whatever life brings you, try to value and appreciate what you have right now and just continue to explore life without hurting or stepping on anyone's toes. Be open and honest with her, don't lie... Take care of your friendship, for I believe it is a good foundation of every relationship. A lover may leave us but never a friend, most of the time friendship remains no matter whathappy :heart: drinker

Goodluck to youhappy drinker waving

no photo
Tue 07/11/17 08:31 PM
Edited by dolphin0925 on Tue 07/11/17 08:37 PM
For people who believe in love, it really doesn't cost a thing ..... For love comes from the heart, you don't need to spend for flowers or chocolates, one's constant presence in your life, sincerity and the perseverance to show purity of intention are enough. You can never buy love for it is heartily and freely given..... No bribery or gifts just to get love in return.

If someone is fond of giving gifts, ask yourself first.....you may not have the confidence in yourself and with someone who can love you even without giving material things. You cannot ask for love in return for the things you give. You don't beg for love as you are not a beggar and you don't give donation as you are not a donor/sponsor. You give love and receive love without a cost.

no photo
Tue 07/11/17 08:15 PM
Feeling great today and looking forward to visit another day in paradise SONEVA JANI MALDIVES here I comehappy :heart: getting ready for a flight at 11:20amhappy :heart: drinker

no photo
Tue 07/11/17 08:11 PM
Feeling great today and looking forward to visit another day in paradise SONEVA JANI MALDIVES here I comehappy :heart: getting ready for a flight at 11:20amhappy :heart: drinker

no photo
Tue 07/11/17 07:56 PM
Edited by dolphin0925 on Tue 07/11/17 07:58 PM
Because we cannot force our hearts to love , we just feel it. No matter how good the person is, it is difficult to teach our heart and if ever you will learn to love someone, sometimes it takes longer to realize the feeling. It took me 5 years to realize I was in love with my first boyfriend, he was so good to me and he became my good friend first before he became my boyfriend. I also had a good friend who courted me but I didn't feel anything for him, so instead I did a match making and found him a date, tried to introduce him to my female friend and I am so glad they are into a relationship now. We may not be able to romantically love someone so good to us and have a relationship with them but we can just love them as a friend. When the feeling is right, you will just feel that with the right person.

no photo
Tue 07/11/17 07:34 PM
GOD always has something for you.
A KEY for every problem.
A LIGHT for every shadow.
A RELIEF for every sorrow.
A PLAN for every tomorrow......

happy :heart: :thumbsup: waving drinker

no photo
Sun 07/09/17 10:39 PM
Feeling a bit tired ... Too busy lately with work and lost sleep.... aaarrrggghhh...miss the forum I didn't have enough time to read and commentsad I missed a lot of good threads....one more to go, need to submit it this weektears rant whoa

no photo
Tue 07/04/17 10:50 AM
Edited by dolphin0925 on Tue 07/04/17 11:04 AM

GOD chooses and sends the right person to share your life with love; or
YOU choose that person with your own decisions; or
A strange combination of both

what do you think??

It's a strange combination of both. God sends someone to us for a reason, to test our faith and follow him righteously or follow our own free will and selfishness to satisfy our own interest and happiness. Our weakness and vulnerability as humans is we easily get tempted of the worldly things, sometimes we know deep within us that what we are doing is wrong but still we are just too stubborn to keep on with what we want to do. We follow our own free will and not the will of God. We definitely know in our heart it's wrong sometimes, yet we still continue to do the things that makes us happy only to realize later that it's only temporary , we make wrong choices/decisions and end up hurting, broken or a failure in life. Only if we become more patient, righteous and steadfast in our faith in God's will and in knowing that he has a plan and something better in store for us, then maybe we could avoid choosing the wrong decision in life. God will let us find love in his right time , and the wonder of it all, love happens unexpectedly when you are not looking for ithappy :heart: drinker

no photo
Mon 07/03/17 11:56 PM
Don't feel bad Vikas and don't give up. Don't take it personally if nobody replies your message. Everybody has there own reasons and learn to accept that. Just keep on messaging someone you like , you might find yourself lucky in the long run:) remember even in reality you cannot easily find someone you can connect with. It takes time, be patienthappy :heart: waving

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25