Community > Posts By > TBone5280

no photo
Fri 11/20/15 02:59 PM

<hugs Annierooroo>

There ya go Annie - NOW anything that Santa brings you will be a bonus! drinker flowerforyou

Thank you TBone the best one so far. smile2 I'm a happy girl now.

shades My work here is done. :thumbsup: winking

no photo
Fri 11/20/15 02:44 PM
<hugs Annierooroo>

There ya go Annie - NOW anything that Santa brings you will be a bonus! drinker flowerforyou

no photo
Fri 11/20/15 02:42 PM
THIS would do VERY nicely!! drool

I probably haven't been THAT good though... sad tears frustrated

no photo
Fri 11/20/15 02:16 PM
"Ring-ring!!" rofl whoa

http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/us/putin-vs-obama-brilliantly-compared-in-10-brutal-pictures

no photo
Fri 11/20/15 01:09 PM
They named the other brother Phuk Hue Bich..

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

no photo
Fri 11/20/15 01:01 PM
That's something that affects both genders - we (meaning human beings) are apparently hard-wired to prefer attractiveness:

" Newborns were shown two images side by side, one showing an attractive face and the other a less attractive one.

The researchers say the infants spent more time looking at the attractive face than the less attractive one."

"Newborns used in the study averaged about two days old, but some were just a few hours old.

"Attractiveness is not simply in the eye of the beholder, it is in the brain of the newborn infant right from the moment of birth and possibly prior to birth," the University of Exeter researcher said."

Taken from: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3631018.stm

Further proof (as if any were needed) that life simply isn't fair, regardless of how we might prefer it... ohwell

no photo
Fri 11/20/15 10:13 AM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That poor guy... biggrin

Reminds me of a story I heard of a WWII American soldier fighting in the European theater who was named 'Adolph Hitler'. When someone suggested that he change his name, he replied with "I'm not the one that's disgraced the name, let that other SOB change HIS name!" :thumbsup:

no photo
Fri 11/20/15 09:09 AM
I don't try to understand the whole gesture thing either. But if I see someone throwing Gang signs, even if I think they don't have a clue what they are doing, I just delete them as too stupid to walk around in the real world with.

Right there with ya! :thumbsup:

Mingle2 isn't strictly for dating. It is a social site.

Actually, I suspect that M2is merely a forum/scammer resource that's cleverly disguised as a dating site!! tongue2 :laughing:

no photo
Fri 11/20/15 08:59 AM
Girl cheats on boyfriend. .tells boyfriend. ..boyfriend forgives her..but then she keeps calling me ...boyfriend gives her big diamond ring. ..girl still calling me ....but won't leave him ??
Why's that??

Possibly because it strokes her ego to be able to "play" both of you. I've seen that before. Question is, are you willing to be played?? spock

Realistically she needs to get kicked to the curb.

YEP!! :thumbsup:

no photo
Fri 11/20/15 08:47 AM
I've been working in I.T. since the mid-1990s. I started buying AMD back around 1999/2000 when Intel built a unique identifier into their Pentium-3 chips* & I've never had any problems related to AMD chips.

I will frequently recommend that people take a look at Dell's refurbished systems. You can typically get a business-class system that's been checked/tested for considerably less than retail. In addition, if you have any problems (OS gets corrupted, a piece of hardware fails, etc.) Dell has an 'Express Service Code' which makes it a lot easier to download the correct driver or get the appropriate replacement hardware.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

* More info on that at https://www.cdt.org/files/privacy/issues/pentium3/990226intelcomplaint.shtml

no photo
Fri 11/20/15 08:30 AM
Edited by TBone5280 on Fri 11/20/15 08:31 AM

Hey all,

I first started messing with *NIX/Linux somewhere around '93, '94 or so, since that (a 2400-baud dialup account to a text-based shell account) was the only affordable way for me to access the internet at that time... MAN things have changed a bit since then!! bigsmile

Kinda funny to think about it now - it was me, that dialup account, & a copy of SAMS' Publishing _Teach Yourself UNIX in 24 Hours_ that launched my career - talk about "the right place at the right time"! laugh drinker

I'm currently playing around with Kali on one of my ESXi VMs, as well as trying to set up Nagios monitoring on a Raspberry Pi that's running RedSleeve Linux (I have a deep loathing for anything based on Debian).

Anyone else working on any cool projects?? :smile:

Kali....im guessing you also have a poorly patched WinXp vm as well....lol

I can actually do better than that - I discovered this morning that I still have a WinDoze 2000 install CD! shocked slaphead :laughing:

no photo
Fri 11/20/15 08:27 AM
I think that I have a CD around here that installs an emulator for some of the old 1980s game consoles (i.e. Atari, C64, etc.) along with a number of associated games. I haven't installed it yet, but I've always wanted to check it out.

I also have an old 1960s-style console TV downstairs that looks somewhat similar to this:

...and I've kind of had it in the back of my head that it might be kind of cool to replace the old tube-style TV with an updated flat-screen monitor/TV, & play those old games on that... Kind of a "man-cave" thing, I guess. shades

no photo
Wed 11/18/15 07:13 PM

...it's like they are trying to say something...I can just tell bigsmile

laugh bigsmile

no photo
Wed 11/18/15 07:10 PM
To the OP - Did she look like THIS??? shocked scared

no photo
Wed 11/18/15 01:35 PM
Edited by TBone5280 on Wed 11/18/15 01:35 PM
"In what appears to be a first for a serious presidential contender, Hillary Clinton’s campaign is going after five comedians who made fun of the former Secretary of State in standup skits at a popular Hollywood comedy club.

A video of the short performance, which is less than three minutes, is posted on the website of the renowned club, Laugh Factory, and the Clinton campaign has tried to censor it. Besides demanding that the video be taken down, the Clinton campaign has demanded the personal contact information of the performers that appear in the recording. This is no laughing matter for club owner Jamie Masada, a comedy guru who opened Laugh Factory more than three decades ago and has been instrumental in launching the careers of many famous comics. “They threatened me,” Masada told Judicial Watch. “I have received complains before but never a call like this, threatening to put me out of business if I don’t cut the video.”"

Taken from http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2015/11/clinton-goes-after-laugh-factory-comedians-for-making-fun-of-her/

FWIW, I watched the video in question. It wasn't particularly funny/entertaining - but I'm sure that it's getting LOTS more attention now than it otherwise would have!!

no photo
Wed 11/18/15 12:00 PM
...wanted to marry that woman when you met her?

I've read that when men meet a woman, they almost instantly know that that's the woman they want to marry. Doesn't mean they marry her right away, but they know right away.

Guys: Did it work that way for you? (Talking about WANTING to marry the woman of course!)

Gals: When did you know you wanted to marry that man? How long did it take (approx)?

I've only had that <WHAM!> "WOW, she's really awesome!" experience twice in my life. The first time, the relationship didn't last very long (probably because we were too young). The second time that hit me, I refused to pursue it because she's married - and I'm not the kind of person to destroy someone's marriage. (Even though she acts like she's *really* attracted to me as well...) grumble

I didn't expect that kind of "lightning" to strike a 2nd time in my life, so I guess that it's slightly encouraging to me. If it's happened twice, who knows, maybe it can happen again... (It's pretty d@mn rare though...)

no photo
Tue 11/17/15 11:59 PM
Edited by TBone5280 on Wed 11/18/15 12:01 AM
"As officials in eastern Europe balk at a German-led effort to force them to accept refugees, Merkel said integration is possible in a tolerant society if newcomers follow the rules and take part in society."

Yeah, good luck with THAT... whoa

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-11-17/merkel-says-germany-can-take-on-refugees-as-poll-shows-pitfalls

no photo
Tue 11/17/15 11:57 PM

My country! sad2
What is wrong with mankind??

flowers It is evil.
It is by people who are in TOTAL absence of GOD... Otherwise this would NOT happen.

We are here. Please post to us as you can.

I was under the impression that it was because of their TOTAL and ABSOLUTE belief in their god that these things are happening.Could you please clarify for me ?

No :angel:

rofl rofl rofl

no photo
Tue 11/17/15 11:44 PM
I've taken a look at some of the posts that I've made tonight, & while one or two show the 'Edit' option, the others are only offering 'Quote' and 'Reply'. Any suggestions???

no photo
Tue 11/17/15 10:46 PM
Yep... <sighs> It's always a bad sign when she sings... sick

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 19 20