Community > Posts By > TBone5280

no photo
Mon 11/16/15 04:12 PM
How pointless & absurd. That has the practical effect as holding a sign during a campus rally - and accomplishes about as much... whoa

no photo
Mon 11/16/15 03:59 PM
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/619776/Islamic-State-US-airstrikes-ISIS-targets-From-Paris-with-love-missiles

no photo
Mon 11/16/15 09:04 AM
THIS has the potential to be the death-knell for Hillary's Presidential ambitions... shocked

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/huma-hillary-often-confused_1064726.html

no photo
Sun 11/15/15 04:05 PM

Scenario scene,okay lets just say I mastered mind a bank robbery. 6 guys did what they was supposed to do , you know like you see in old gangster flicks rousing the bank, the getaway driver, the gunmen and ect. during the robbery it went terribly wrong. 2 out of the six was caught by the cops, arrested. another two got away but was identified by security officer and know wanted for capture. the last totally got away scoot clean and then me the master mind in a old warehouse waiting for the crew to return with the taking. the two that gets caught in a interrogation room the officer asks " who's your boss, who's responsible for all this?" this is were the Rule hovers our community, if you was apprehended and you questioned about this crime and you know in your heart who you working with , question, would you tell? or would you say I'm not saying anything? or if a parent of violent crime and they want answers to what happen to they loved one, do you think you would help that family and tell what you know or remain out of it and why? so lets talk America , whats your take on this issue.
later!

Am I reading this right? You're asking what I would do if I were a criminal working as a part of a team of criminals?

To start with, I would never GET involved in such a crime. The scenario you chose doesn't fit with the rest of your post. The strategy that criminals follow is anti-community to begin with, and so whatever "code" they choose is likely to be equally destructive.

As for the "no snitching" culture you describe, it's my understanding that this grew out of a racism and resentment filled past. When it was originally established, it wasn't a matter of not telling EACH OTHER what was going on, it was a matter of protecting community members from police who were from outside the community, and who's loyalty of service was to other people outside the community, at the expense of the community.

That culture SHOULD have changed, when it stopped being true that that the police represented outsider persecution. My opinion is that anyone who insists on RETAINING this entirely outmoded behavior, needs to be woken up.

Nicely written Igor. :thumbsup:

no photo
Sun 11/15/15 04:04 PM

snitches get stitches

Sorry, but I have NO respect for that viewpoint. Criminals have a corrosive, degrading effect on society, whether it's a small effect or a large one. Any legal/ethical methods that diminish criminals' ability to operate make lives better for the majority of society.
ever come to mind i was being sarcastic

Ahh. OK, my apologies, but nuance is frequently lost in written communication. winking flowerforyou

no photo
Sun 11/15/15 02:10 PM
Edited by TBone5280 on Sun 11/15/15 02:10 PM

Obama vow to take in 10,000 Syrian refugees under fire after Paris attack -

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/nov/14/obama-vow-take-10000-syrian-refugees-under-fire-af/

Resistance to that idea - http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/erie-county-politics/lorigo-calls-for-poloncarz-to-reverse-stance-on-accepting-syrian-refugees-20151114

More resistance to that idea - http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2015/11/15/snyder-suspends-efforts-settle-syrian-refugees/75825736/

no photo
Sun 11/15/15 01:58 PM

Obama vow to take in 10,000 Syrian refugees under fire after Paris attack -

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/nov/14/obama-vow-take-10000-syrian-refugees-under-fire-af/

surprised surprised surprised

WOW. What was I saying about "disconnected from reality" again?? slaphead whoa noway

no photo
Sun 11/15/15 01:55 PM

snitches get stitches

Sorry, but I have NO respect for that viewpoint. Criminals have a corrosive, degrading effect on society, whether it's a small effect or a large one. Any legal/ethical methods that diminish criminals' ability to operate make lives better for the majority of society.

no photo
Sun 11/15/15 01:50 PM
Edited by TBone5280 on Sun 11/15/15 01:51 PM
(deleted)

no photo
Sun 11/15/15 01:46 PM
Yeah, that's been one of my minor gripes for a while now - given their actions, I'd say they've *earned* the right to be referred to by a term that they find disparaging... :thumbsup:

no photo
Sun 11/15/15 01:43 PM
To me, "the Christmas season" starts the day after Thanksgiving. I think that we should make time to enjoy EACH holiday, & I further believe that Thanksgiving is a more-worthy (and honest?) holiday than many that we celebrate.

If only it lent itself to commercialization... whoa

no photo
Sun 11/15/15 01:33 PM
Paris terrorist attack suspect Ahmed Almuhamed 'was rescued near Greece after his refugee boat sunk'

Taken from http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/paris-attacks-terrorist-suspect-ahmed-6836199

A terrorist behind the Paris attacks who allegedly posed as a Syrian refugee was rescued by Greek authorities after the migrant boat he had smuggled himself on sunk, it has been claimed.

My thoughts on this - A NORMAL human being would be profoundly grateful for being rescued!! And to be offered asylum, benefits, a place to live on top of that?!? Would you not think that he would have awakened every morning & fallen to his knees in gratitude??

But no. Less than two months after the West rescued his life, he threw it away in the commission of some of the most depraved evil that a human is capable of.

That, to me, speaks not only of ingratitude, but of insanity. And it leads to a question that I've asked once before - and since I never received an answer, I will ask again:

Liberals - how will you respond to those whose ONLY desire is to kill or enslave you??

This appears to be the central question that the West is facing.

no photo
Sun 11/15/15 12:51 PM
One comment on the item below, since it's a bit "non-obvious":

Full Republican control of 29 state legislatures, the highest total since the 1920s, and Republican governors in 32 states...

The "non-obvious" part of the above is that state legislatures are where the "up-and-coming" "stars of tomorrow" are groomed & cultivated (you'll recall that Obama himself was a state senator, IIRC). Thus, Obama's corrosive effect has NOT ONLY had a negative effect upon the Democrat party today - it's *also* weakened it in the long-term as well.

Now to ME, yeah, that qualifies as 'great' (so I can *almost* agree with you!) winking - but I'm guessing that you'd have a different opinion...

no photo
Sun 11/15/15 12:41 PM
Edited by TBone5280 on Sun 11/15/15 12:44 PM
You failed to mention the TWO bruising midterm elections, *each* of which he himself termed "a shellacking". And if you want to "feel good" about his two campaign wins, by all means, do so - but that's a *MIGHTY* skinny twig to try to hang anything on! The Washington Post (hardly a bastion of conservative sentiment) had THIS to say:

Barack Obama is a gifted politician. But a president is judged by the gifts he leaves behind. Following his fourth national election as party leader, Democrats are taking stock of what they have received.

For Obama, there have been two convincing presidential victories; for the Democratic Party, electoral ruin at every other level.

On Tuesday (assuming the most likely final outcome), the largest Democratic Senate losses since 1980.

The ranks of moderate Democrats — including Mark Pryor, Mark Begich, Kay Hagan and (probably) Mary Landrieu — decimated.

During Obama’s presidency, the loss of nearly 70 House seats, producing the largest Republican majority since 1931.

The near-extinction of the Democratic Party in the South, including in Arkansas and Tennessee, which provided the party’s national ticket in 1992 and 1996.

Full Republican control of 29 state legislatures, the highest total since the 1920s, and Republican governors in 32 states, including Massachusetts, Illinois and Maryland. (None of which are remotely rightward-leaning.)

Obama’s particular form of political magic has worked only for Obama himself.

His post-election news conference displayed a series of character traits that have become hardened and exaggerated under the pressure of defeat. His self-confidence has slipped into denial — imagining the election as a generalized anti-incumbent tantrum rather than a reaction to the performance of his administration. His moral certitude has turned into the graceless dismissal of opposition, who cannot be conceded anything more than a “good night.” His pride of accomplishment has become a conviction that Americans are just insufficiently grateful for the “real progress” of the past six years.

There is apparently no possible electoral outcome that could shake these beliefs. And they seem rooted in a certain view of the electorate. Obama clearly regards the “two-thirds of voters who chose not to participate in the process yesterday” as a more favorable audience than the discontented third who turned out. It is a view of politics that comes by way of William Butler Yeats: “The best lack all conviction, while the worst/ Are full of passionate intensity.”

This mind-set is among the most damaging gifts of the president to his party.

But it is impossible to make the case that Obama has been an inclusive or unifying leader. He has left his party more ideologically and geographically uniform. He has left a riven society and political culture. And these should also be counted as Obama’s gifts.

Now that's not ME saying that Obama's disconnected - that's the Washington Post! And if you'd like, I'm sure that it won't be difficult for me to find & list a number of other outlets -from BOTH sides of the political spectrum - that say effectively the same thing...

no photo
Sun 11/15/15 11:42 AM
Awesome... :laughing: :thumbsup:

---------------------------------

Marine veteran James Erickson put the students in the #MillionStudentMarch in their place with one simple tweet.

It reads:

I wanted money for school, so I marched too… #millionstudentmarch This one was about 25 miles… #USMC pic.twitter.com/bS6QN0KDtb

— James Erickson (@SayHiJames) November 12, 2015

Students across the country marched for free tuition, safe spaces, and $15 an hour to flip hamburgers.

I almost agree with the #MillionStudentMarch… I mean, someone clearly has taught them the wrong meaning of Free Market System.

Step #1: Proclaim "Teachers are underpaid!" Step #2: Protest because you want free schooling.

Mic drop. Thank you for your service.

---------------------------------

shades :thumbsup: laugh

no photo
Sun 11/15/15 11:37 AM

Rubbish.
A great man is doing a great job.
How about we just cut off all the pointing fingers.

A majority of the country disagrees with that interpretation:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html

no photo
Sun 11/15/15 11:14 AM

I do see his point.

It would kind of be like giving a purple heart to someone who 'played a soldier' in a movie,,,

when there are ACTUAL, always been, women,,

passing over them for a doctor created one seems ,,,backwards,,

especially JUST for the decision to have the doctors create her

,,may be different if AFTER a reassignment surgery, the person went on to cure cancer, or ran into a burning orphanage to save children,,,

but merely for having a decision and the resources to have a surgery? nah

Holy crap, we actually _agree_ on something!! :laughing:

no photo
Sun 11/15/15 10:37 AM
Saw that article this morning - OUTSTANDING!! It's hard for me to *believe* how disconnected he is from reality... grumble

no photo
Sun 11/15/15 10:34 AM
GOOD for him!! :thumbsup:

CJenner - ill ill ill

no photo
Sat 11/14/15 06:38 PM
Nothing short of *DISGUSTING*... mad noway

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/11/14/mizzou-campus-activists-and-black-lives-matter-complain-about-paris-stealing-the-spotlight/