Community > Posts By > peggy122

peggy122's photo
Sat 01/05/19 05:30 PM
I was hanging out under a tree at my friend's orchard and a snake fell on my head what

peggy122's photo
Sat 01/05/19 08:30 AM
Edited by peggy122 on Sat 01/05/19 09:11 AM

Perceptions about grooming, style, and presentation tend to be subjective. I get to decide what presenting my best authentic self looks like. And my date would get to decide if that look appeals to her.

As I said earlier...

"the rules of engagement regarding dating, ultimately boil down to what WORKS for individuals in achieving THEIR specific goals,"

I'm sure you are crystal clear about what your goal is.
If your dating strategies thus far have been enabling you to achieve that goal , then everything else is irrelevant . flowerforyou

I prefer to express my high regard for her value by writing her a poem, or composing a guitar piece for her. I'll show that I care by listening, empathizing, and offering my assistance if it's wanted or needed.

You are indeed a very gifted poet and musician John , and any woman would be touched by the loving expressions you mentioned , but the conventions I spoke about in my post were mainly referring to first or second date … that critical period when first impressions are EVERYTHING in potentially securing a second or third date . I imagine that you intend to extend those more intimate expressions you referred to after a clear signal is established that the lady is romantically interested in you. If so, then I consider that lady very lucky happy

I already have great qualities that shine bright and none of them are swag.

Thankfully swag has never been compulsory in evoking attraction :)

And if your methods for DISPLAYING your shine, have been attracting the attention of the eyes and heart you seek , then once again, everything else is irrelevant :)

peggy122's photo
Fri 01/04/19 04:25 PM

THIS JUST IN!!!!!!
new studies show it takes 5 twinkies to fuel one jumping jack

Seeee???

Now that's a GOOD friend smooched

peggy122's photo
Fri 01/04/19 04:10 PM

"Jumping Jacks"? Is that some kind of new snack food?

Noooooooo Moto.

The 5 twinkies are the snack I had BEFORE the jumpimg jacks ,

I don't see why you re confused spock

the problem you are having dearest, is that one twinkie is enough energy for 500 jumping jackslaugh

You are supposed to tell me what I WANT to hear Eric. Didn't you get the memo?spock

peggy122's photo
Fri 01/04/19 04:07 PM

Noooooooo Moto.

A little too much whine maybe?

ohwell

peggy122's photo
Fri 01/04/19 03:17 PM

I agree with you ILB,

I've actually seen more of the worst in humanity online than I've seen offline but I've come to look at it the way I've come to view the social scene in a seedy bar.

You will find the occasional worthwhile guy there , but you are likely to meet way more pervs, drunks and crazies lol

Mingle is different as it's also a social site where you make great friends and get to exercise your intellect , but the guys on other sites I've used... OMG.. There are no words...

The important thing is to stay positive .

Im a believer in the law of attraction.

We attract back to us the energy we feel on the inside and radiate on the outside :)

I'm always polite initially to these clowns...

I've had people say just block/ delete them if they aren't someone you are intetrested in..

As no one like to be ignored, so I always acknowledge them with a reply...even, as I said....if it is to says thanks, but I don't think we have anything in common..peace, and good luck on your quest.

To be polite and acknowledge them as a fellow human costs me nothing.

Too bad *they* can't act the same way.

For me , responding isn't always the best thing as some of them respond to the best wishes with questions of why they were rejected. AWKWARD whoa

Sometimes its best not to reply or reply and then block if they try to respond. Your peace of mind matters more :)

peggy122's photo
Fri 01/04/19 03:05 PM

The social experts claim that 80% of what we are trying to communicate to others, doesn't come from our lips, but from our body language and our actions.

Conventions , though contrived and annoying at times , are powerful communication tools in conveying important messages that we long to communicate to a heart that we are pursuing.

Generous attention to grooming often conveys pride in oneself , and the message that their date is worthy of the efforts taken to present their BEST selves to each other .

Paying for her on the first date communicates a subtle message that she is taken care of by you , and that she is worthy of the money that you made a conscious choice to spend in her honor.

The general message BEHIND pulling out chairs or opening car doors, paying for a lady etc, will only be seen as a chore or an out dated gender positioning if the guy loses sight of the message intended, which is that he CHERISHES the date that HE SELECTED.

And the woman in turn should feel honored and appreciative of that sentiment, not demanding or bitchy.

In other words, the rules of engagement regarding dating, ultimately boil down to what WORKS for individuals in achieving THEIR specific goals, whether other people approve of those strategies or not.

HOWEVER, be mindful of all the conventions you might be overlooking or neglecting which might ultimately be DIMINISHING your MESSAGE to the heart you wish to capture

PS: I find swag sexy when it is AUTHENTIC. Those who don't have it naturally could work on exploring and developing other parts of their total package that SHINE just as brightly

I have never been bitchy, demanding, or angry when someone opens the door, etc..for me..
It's nice when they do (strangers, I mean), but not expected..

I pay for my own stuff on a first date, because of bad experinces I have had..and if it is not going well..then I don't feel bad about ending it quickly..
If a guy has an issue with this..that's his problem, not mine....
He can pay for the *next* date..

You said:
"present their BEST selves to each other ."

Which is why so many interactions I (and other people, both men and women..I am in a group that discusses the perils of online dating) are just baffling to me..
Instead of being polite, decent, chatty/ conversational...the vast majority are rude, pushy, and when you dare to disagree with them..then it goes to a personal attack..
"yer a fat ugly b***h anyway..no wonder you are alone"..(said the guy who *just* messaged me how pretty/ sexy he thought I was.....LOL)

"Good luck living with your cats...you'll need it/ you'redestined to be alone..."
(I have one cat, and a dog...and I am alone becauise I am widowed, not because I am inadequate/ flawed in some way..)

One guy (on the "fishing" site), when I politely told him thanks, but I don't see we have anything in common...wrote me and said ""You'll never get the opportunity to have an orgasm with me..."
(seriously...I did a screen shot of that and saved it..it was just too funny..laugh

I agree with you ILB,

I've actually seen more of the worst in humanity online than I've seen offline but I've come to look at it the way I've come to view the social scene in a seedy bar.

You will find the occasional worthwhile guy there , but you are likely to meet way more pervs, drunks and crazies lol

Mingle is different as it's also a social site where you make great friends and get to exercise your intellect , but the guys on other sites I've used... OMG.. There are no words...

The important thing is to stay positive .

Im a believer in the law of attraction.

We attract back to us the energy we feel on the inside and radiate on the outside :)

peggy122's photo
Fri 01/04/19 01:16 PM
Edited by peggy122 on Fri 01/04/19 02:16 PM

The social experts claim that 80% of what we are trying to communicate to others, doesn't come from our lips, but from our body language and our actions.

Conventions , though contrived and annoying at times , are powerful communication tools in conveying important messages that we long to communicate to a heart that we are pursuing.

Generous attention to grooming often conveys pride in oneself , and the message that their date is worthy of the efforts taken to present their BEST selves to each other .

Paying for her on the first date communicates a subtle message that she is taken care of by you , and that she is worthy of the money that you made a conscious choice to spend in her honor.

The general message BEHIND pulling out chairs or opening car doors, paying for a lady etc, will only be seen as a chore or an out dated gender positioning if the guy loses sight of the message intended, which is that he CHERISHES the date that HE SELECTED.

And the woman in turn should feel honored and appreciative of that sentiment, not demanding or bitchy. To me, being a lady is characterized by the ability to radiate warmth, caring, grace and yes... strength.

In other words, the rules of engagement regarding dating, ultimately boil down to what WORKS for individuals in achieving THEIR specific goals, whether other people approve of those strategies or not.

HOWEVER, be mindful of all the conventions you might be overlooking or neglecting which might ultimately be DIMINISHING your MESSAGE to the heart you wish to capture

PS: I find swag sexy when it is AUTHENTIC. Those who don't have it naturally could work on exploring and developing other parts of their total package that SHINE just as brightly

peggy122's photo
Fri 01/04/19 09:24 AM

Noooooooo Moto.

peggy122's photo
Fri 01/04/19 08:55 AM
Hot. this is not up for debate :)

peggy122's photo
Fri 01/04/19 06:27 AM

I dont see why not if two beliefs exist:

That man, even scientists, have are constantly discovering new things and correcting things they thought they knew.

and that everything man thinks he knows in science is potentially still CREATED by a higher power.

But questioning and researching are in the natural vein of science Ms H., whereas religion is more rooted in faith.

So science is evolving . Are the basic tenants of religion evolving too, as more research is conducted?
And can a scientist with growing knowledge feel comfortable with unevolving religious beliefs in an evolving scientific world?

of course, one can question and research and still be religious.

people must come up with the questions, but they can range from how, where, what, why, and even IF. So there can be a belief in something before it is proven. the proof only verifies it was true, but it was true before the proof.

flowerforyou

e a more pointed example, one of the tenants of the Christian religion is the Crucifixion of Christ , and his resurrection and the tripart being of God the father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Yes?

I fully accept and embrace this by faith , With there being no real proof , how does the devoted Scientist make it a foundation that he builds his world around?

peggy122's photo
Fri 01/04/19 06:16 AM

I need to point out that religion and belief are not the same thing.
Religion is the social exercise of belief.

Science requires belief but belief doesn't require science.
For something to be proven it must first be believed and then scientific method is applied to prove that belief by testing and observation.

Science explains what exists.
Religion explains the reason it exists.
Human beings live in both those worlds.

A robot only understands what it is programmed to understand.
It operates on a given set of instructions.
If it encounters an object that has not been defined, it will not acknowledge it and bump into it. It has no capacity to ask why or what is that?
The robot is operating on pure science of its programming.

A person that operates only on religion, is 100% gullible to what they are told. They require no explanations for the things they are told. In a way, they are like the robot, operating on pure religion of their programming.

Most people are a combination of both aspects.
Science and religion exist together.

I understand what you are saying tom but take the phenomena of miracles for example, which some of the established religions assert as factual , and which have no scientific explanation by the very nature of it being outside of human constraints.... It is what it is , and by trying to always trace a scientific link, some believers might call that lacking faith.

peggy122's photo
Fri 01/04/19 06:03 AM
Happy 3 year anniversary to my loyal lurkers .

Our bond is getting stronger with every loving glimpse , and I predict nothing but awesomeness in our future flowers

Yours truly,
Peggy122

peggy122's photo
Fri 01/04/19 05:54 AM
Hot.

I might ask her on a date one day drinker

peggy122's photo
Fri 01/04/19 05:46 AM
Just keeping track of the headcount of minglers who are ABLE and WILLING to attend a mingle meet if it's held in America or Canada in 2020

To date, as I understand it , the following people are confirmed if all goes well.

River
Eric
Pauldun
Peggy
Motown
Rosie if its in Canada?

Please feel free to inbox me if any of you would prefer a private confirmation, which I promise will remain confidential until you advise otherwise.

And please note that I am not in charge of the potential event. I imagine an American or group of Americans. Canadians would better fit that bill happy

People have been mumbling about a mingle meet for years now, but nothing proactive has been done.

At least , if we get a head count of interested persons and an agreement on the venue and year, we have a start , and the organizing can proceed from leaders that the majority of the group is comfortable with .

Anyone else interested in a 2020 mingle meet up in either America or Canada?

State here or inbox me

peggy122's photo
Fri 01/04/19 05:16 AM

noway well I neva!

that's not what you told me last saturday night

I can't turn my back on you kids for one minute . Can I? ohwell

He started it! tongue2

Well look at that...

I may have to establish my very first naughty corner on a mingle thread.

2019 ROCKS !!!!drinker drinker drinker

peggy122's photo
Fri 01/04/19 05:06 AM
5 more jumping jacks and I'm still not skinny.

It's a conspiracy against me. I can feel it in my bones indifferent

peggy122's photo
Fri 01/04/19 04:58 AM
Edited by peggy122 on Fri 01/04/19 05:00 AM

noway well I neva!

that's not what you told me last saturday night

I can't turn my back on you kids for one minute . Can I? ohwell

peggy122's photo
Fri 01/04/19 04:55 AM

Because that's what a gentleman does when he ask a lady out?

laugh

peggy122's photo
Fri 01/04/19 04:53 AM

Correct o mundo an investment for a return date

That's a smart way of looking at it thechoctaw drinker

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25