Community > Posts By > peggy122

peggy122's photo
Sun 03/31/19 03:28 PM
A snake fell on my head once , True story

peggy122's photo
Sun 03/31/19 01:10 PM

Ive always thought they needed sex, food &nalchohol , sufficient space for guy time , and the elusive gift of silence from a woman

Nah peggy... Not all of them want alcohol laugh waving

True River laugh

peggy122's photo
Sun 03/31/19 12:51 PM
Ive always thought they needed sex, food &nalchohol , sufficient space for guy time , and the elusive gift of silence from a woman

peggy122's photo
Sun 03/31/19 12:33 PM
Edited by peggy122 on Sun 03/31/19 12:37 PM
I think the healthy way to argue is to start off being very clear about what needs you are trying to address with the argument ,, both your need and the other person's need.

Sometimes the need is to be listened to and validated

...Or to find a workable solution to a problem

...Or to punish the person for pain they feel was inflicted by the other partner etc. The list goes on

If there is no way for those needs to be met by BOTH parties, then both have to at least agree on their joint overall goal to be happy in their relationship , and if THAT bigger goal cant be agreed upon , then they both have to make peace with disagreeing and in some cases drifting apart

peggy122's photo
Sun 03/31/19 12:11 PM
I totally agree with Steve. You will be in when you feel some level of happiness within yourself . And happiness is personal for everyone. For me , it's an ongoing inner journey towards self discovery , self love, self healing , gratitude for what you have, and serenity with what you can"t or won't have .Whe you start making even small steps forwrd on that spectrum, you are actually in a better head space to find love

peggy122's photo
Sat 03/30/19 03:25 PM
Edited by peggy122 on Sat 03/30/19 03:28 PM
A partner feels alone when what THEY identify as their need is not being met. It could be a need to be listened to or a need for the person's understanding, or assistance in some area or more sex or any number of things but the other posters are correct . Communication is the key. You really need to inquire of each other what your mutual needs are, and then try to meet them as best as you both can.

But be aware also that some partners have a deeper need/void within themselves that no amount of effort on your part will be able to fill . They have to seek that self fulfilment on their own and hopefully with your moral support

peggy122's photo
Mon 03/18/19 05:28 PM
Edited by peggy122 on Mon 03/18/19 05:34 PM

In the cyber world, people have a ready made audience of THOUSANDS of people , when in the real world they would be lucky if they could find even 3 people to actively listen to them And they have conversation access to HUNDREDS of online dating prospects , when most of those most of those prospects wouldn't even make eye contact with them in the real world .

That kind of power messes with peoples' heads I think .. gives them a very inflated sense of importance and entitlement online ... a false sense of power that can not reconcile itself to realities like alternative points of view or unreciprocated attraction.

peggy122's photo
Mon 03/18/19 03:49 PM
Very good. The year is off to a good start :)

peggy122's photo
Sun 03/10/19 05:57 PM
Wow... I had no idea Mikey was battling with cancer. I am so sorry to hear this. what a sweet funny guy he was. RIP :(

peggy122's photo
Fri 02/15/19 12:31 PM
Very belated Valentines wishes to everyone. I hope it was a great day for all you minglers flowerforyou

peggy122's photo
Mon 01/07/19 05:32 AM

I can also say Distance doesn't have to matter. I met this girl in a chat room and we became friends. Now she was over 6500 miles away in New Zealand while I was in California. We talk thru the chat room & a few phone calls over 6 months. Then I found she was vacationing in England with a lay over in LA. I talked her in to coming to visit me & she never made it to England. She passed away after a near 20 yr marriage.

Very sorry aboyt your loss but this is surely one if the most romantic love stories Ive ever heard :)

peggy122's photo
Mon 01/07/19 05:11 AM

$20 just got way too analytical up in my head!

No need to stress yourself out Wylie . There are lots of great ideas offered in this thread :)

peggy122's photo
Mon 01/07/19 05:10 AM

hi

Hiya!

peggy122's photo
Mon 01/07/19 05:09 AM

There is a bar in my area that has two grand pianos, drums and bass. They play 70-90's rock on the pianos. It really is a cool place to go - very energetic, everyone sings along and dances and it's a whole lot of fun. It's $5 to get in and then the cost of the drinks - it's a fun $20 date!

That sounds like a place I would love Richie Rich. I love live music when I vusited Rhode Island, there was this really cool spot where there were amateur jazz performers but they were sooooo good! Im even up for karaoke now and then :)

peggy122's photo
Sun 01/06/19 05:29 AM
I'm thinking that this recent messenger whose profile I adore , is a bot, but I will play along for now yawn

peggy122's photo
Sun 01/06/19 05:17 AM

i know peggy! we can go sit under the boardwalk and watch the submarine racesbigsmile

I'm up for it Eric ! But you are in charge of bringing the bug spray okay?happy

peggy122's photo
Sun 01/06/19 05:13 AM

So the guy is easy on the eye, smells great , and the phone conversations are lovely!

Time for the first date...

But what if he only had $20.00

1) What kind of a date can you take someone on that's charming, but requires no more than $20.00?

2)And what enjoyable dates have you had in your life that didn't cost alot?

A first date for me is something special, not the meet and greet over a coffee before deciding if you want to date each other, but the first date after that. I could not go on a first date with only £20.00 in my pocket, I would expect to be dining out somewhere during the date and that would not cover the cost. Certainly on subsequent dates as you got to know each other, and date more frequently, but not a first date.

This was really just a hypothetical situation to foster creative ideas on a budget.

One of my exes , when I met him , was still in the trenches trying to build himself up, which he eventually did.. But in the first couple of years , our dates were very modest . This OP was just depicting such a scenario.

Your take on the 1st time date is very thoughtful Duttoneer, as you always are :)

peggy122's photo
Sun 01/06/19 05:04 AM

20 bucks, huh

ummm....dunkin donuts, dime bag, head out to the park...

i'll bring my backgammon set & guitar...you bring you...K?

I don't know how to play backgammon Argo. Would ya mind if we do monopoly instead ? :)

peggy122's photo
Sun 01/06/19 04:58 AM
Edited by peggy122 on Sun 01/06/19 05:15 AM

So the guy is easy on the eye, smells great , and the phone conversations are lovely!

Time for the first date...

But what if he only had $20.00

1) What kind of a date can you take someone on that's charming, but requires no more than $20.00?

Lordy Girl?
I guess you never met anyone like me?

I read your OP, didn't read anything at all after.
First impression, You are extremely shallow.
Perhaps you found grave in the replies but the first OP is telling me a story.
You come across as being very materialistic.
It doesn't matter why they only wanted to spend $20 on the date.
What matters is that it was a big deal to you.

Without reading what anyone else wrote...
Lets just say that I have had many 'dates' where I had ZERO dollars committed to the "date".
While that might be a foreign concept to some of you, it is important to me.
See, if a woman is willing to be in my company no matter the dollar sign spent, it means she has the potential of being someone real that I might invest my life into.
But, if she NEEDS me to spend money on her so she can feel important, she has greater self-esteem issues than what I am willing to tackle.

I'm sure there are many really good responses to this thread.
I don't need to read them to make a comment because I have lived this situation before and I need no insight on the subject.

I do have a name I assign to women that put a price tag on how they judge me, SHALLOW.
Whether you are shallow or not is not my concern. Mainly because I am not considering you as a potential match. If you were a potential match, this would be a certain deal breaker.
Go find someone that thinks they can buy love.

I appreciate the fact that OPs are subject to many interpretations , and I certainly won't dismiss yours Tom.

From one perspective , this OP can be viewed as shallow and materialistic , and another perspective might be in the vein of fostering creativity and resourcefulness on a budget, which some might actually find helpful in the expensive times we live in.

But your interpretation is just as valid as any.

Always nice to see you Tom waving

peggy122's photo
Sun 01/06/19 04:28 AM

All kinds.
There's usually a museum, or art gallery, or botanical garden, or something that isn't too expensive.
Just depends on the date. What one woman deems charming another can judge nightmarish.

The cost really had no bearing on whether a date was "enjoyable."
At most cost added insult to injury to bad dates.

I hadn't thought about the art gallery and museum Tom. I think some ladies would definitely enjoy those options :)

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25