Galileo!

How did he reconcile the two Hard?

peggy122's photo
Thu 01/03/19 05:26 PM

do we dare try a round of mini golf?

I don't think I;m good at it but I'm certainly willing to try happy

peggy122's photo
Thu 01/03/19 05:16 PM

Flea markets are good dates. You're outside walking around, a lot of things to see and talk about. You don't really have to spend any money, except gas in your car to get there.

I'm liking the flea market idea too Cantinidaho or even a fair.

Are the rides in amusement parks costly Cantinidaho? How much might a person pay per ride?

peggy122's photo
Thu 01/03/19 05:08 PM
Edited by peggy122 on Thu 01/03/19 05:11 PM

I dont see why not if two beliefs exist:

That man, even scientists, have are constantly discovering new things and correcting things they thought they knew.

and that everything man thinks he knows in science is potentially still CREATED by a higher power.

But questioning and researching are in the natural vein of science Ms H., whereas religion is more rooted in faith.

So science is evolving . Are the basic tenants of religion evolving too, as more research is conducted?
And can a scientist with growing knowledge feel comfortable with unevolving religious beliefs in an evolving scientific world?

peggy122's photo
Thu 01/03/19 05:02 PM

One does not exclude the other.

Posing the same question to you nickistaken, The conflict of interest, is that science pronounces fact based on scientific evidence, Religion asserts truth often based on faith.

Where is the middle ground?

peggy122's photo
Thu 01/03/19 04:58 PM

the pope covered that a while back
hhhmm 5 or so years ago when they had all that talk about would religion fall apart if they found an E.T.
sadly i dont remember the outcome : (

keep in mind the Vadakin has there own army of star watchers

aren't they both belief systems, in a way ?

but i don't see why you couldn't be a person of science and religious
after all i have not heard of news of them spotting god or god's , what ever , spitting out planets and animals and what not , but we have yet to see the other side of the bank of that sea of the universe

cause after all 1 and 1 don't all ways make 2

The conflict of interest Dat, is that science pronounces fact based on scientific evidence, Religion asserts truth often based on faith.

Where is the middle ground?

peggy122's photo
Thu 01/03/19 04:53 PM

Another thing I've done in the past... go buy some nice nibblies & drinks in the supermarket, maybe croissants or pistolettes and sliced roast beef or cheese to put on 'em. Peanuts, crisps, whatever you like. A few beers...
Take the whole lot with you to a nice place with a great view, and enjoy while you feast on the goodies. You can even do that sat on the hood of the car, watching out over a bay.

Another one... buy some meat for 2 in a supermarket, some salad and a few drinks.
Chuck a BBQ in the back of the car, including charcoal to get it going, a blanket and/or simple fishing chairs.
Drive to the beach or another great area and have a nice BBQ!

One more... I think you can even go to the movies for $20?
OK, over here it's 10,50 a person and E13.50 including a drink and either popcorn or crisps. Not sure if the US is cheaper. But if the other person chips in with E7 you get to see a movie, have a drink and a nibblie.

Stay at home, get the fire pit out and get a fire going. Buy some beers/wine, some nice nibblies and you got a great evening together outdoors. Can be fun, romantic (watching the stars). Plus, men usually like 'playing' with fire. No pun intended.

I'm loving the BBQ idea Crystal!

I notice you and a couple of other ladies suggested a home date . Would you be comfortable enough to do the home thing on a first date?

I've done that BBQ thing a number of times with an ex since we didn't have a garden. As in nothing, not a square inch. It was quite romantic cos after eating the coals are still hot to keep you warm. You crawl under a blanket together, listen to the waves of the sea, star above...
Before going home we chucked the coal in a safe place cos these things do take hours to get cold.

For a meet & greet not at home, first date after that preferably not either but depends on how the meet & greet went and how long it was. I don't aim for long meet & greets, but if it's good it can of course get longer :)

Yeah . Short meet and greets are advisable I think.And if it goes well , the party can go elsewhere, I rather like it when the date goes so well that it keeps moving from venue to venue on the same day. I experienced it once and it was very memorable :)

I've done that BBQ thing a number of times with an ex since we didn't have a garden. As in nothing, not a square inch. It was quite romantic cos after eating the coals are still hot to keep you warm. You crawl under a blanket together, listen to the waves of the sea, star above...
Before going home we chucked the coal in a safe place cos these things do take hours to get cold.

This sounds soooooo romantic Crystal. Lucky girl!

peggy122's photo
Thu 01/03/19 04:47 PM

i solemnly swear to not go near the skee ball wall

Good boy ! happy

Carry on...

peggy122's photo
Thu 01/03/19 04:42 PM

backs quickly out of the thread to go raid the change bucket. i think there are a hundred quarters in there. then i'll take you to the arcadebigsmile

It didn't work on our last date together , and it's not going to work now Mister spock

peggy122's photo
Thu 01/03/19 04:30 PM

Yes . It is River. I think I take it for granted sometimes. I have friends that go hiking every weekend and really get the full benefit of our flora , fauna , and water venues . I got hooked on latin dancing a few days ago, so some of my nature adventures have been sacrificed, but whenever I venture back into it, I really do feel rejuvenated!

Latin dancing sounds really fun... that could be a nice first date, provided you find a community event, they are usually cheaper than clubs.

My experience is that men are quite terrified of embarrassing themselves (and the woman )on the dance floor, especially on a first date...

And by the way , have you ever heard the theory of a man's moves on the dance floor being indicative of his moves ELSEWHERE???

No pressure.

I'm just going to sip on my piping hot tea now :wink:

Yes I have, I've found it to be true, lol! blushing

Good point about the dancing... a stroll on the beach or going for some hot cocoa would probably be better :)

Ooooh River... You saucy little minx!

It's always the quiet looking ones ...laugh

peggy122's photo
Thu 01/03/19 04:26 PM
I've noticed that the majority of people I met in the field of science or even higher academia , identify themselves as either atheist or agnostic.

Is this a coincidence? Or is it an oxymoron to be scientific and religious?

peggy122's photo
Thu 01/03/19 04:18 PM

One thought that comes to mind is if she matched his $20 they could have twice as much store bought fun. :wink:

Hi John flowers

Just bear in mind that there are lots of women who resent paying for a first date, so one would have to be selective regarding that idea.

But I'm loving the cycling and dutch- style picnic idea ! happy

Hey Peg flowers

Women who would resent the thought of contributing to any cost involved in a date probably aren't my ideal match.

Makes sense , but just note that I said " FIRST DATE'

First date conventions can sometimes be a little more stringent than other dates .

That said, I understand where you are coming from flowerforyou

peggy122's photo
Thu 01/03/19 04:08 PM
Edited by peggy122 on Thu 01/03/19 04:09 PM

Yes . It is River. I think I take it for granted sometimes. I have friends that go hiking every weekend and really get the full benefit of our flora , fauna , and water venues . I got hooked on latin dancing a few days ago, so some of my nature adventures have been sacrificed, but whenever I venture back into it, I really do feel rejuvenated!

Latin dancing sounds really fun... that could be a nice first date, provided you find a community event, they are usually cheaper than clubs.

My experience is that men are quite terrified of embarrassing themselves (and the woman )on the dance floor, especially on a first date...

And by the way , have you ever heard the theory of a man's moves on the dance floor being indicative of his moves ELSEWHERE???

No pressure.

I'm just going to sip on my piping hot tea now :wink:

peggy122's photo
Thu 01/03/19 03:56 PM
Edited by peggy122 on Thu 01/03/19 04:02 PM

Picnics are fun and don't cost a lot.

$20 in the gas tank and a country drive can be nice too. Or travel to a small town and walk around the downtown area.

Raining or snowing weather... build a snowman, make cookies, movie and popcorn, or have a picnic in the living room with a bottle of sparkling juice and fondue.

Great ideas River!

It takes some creativity , doesn't it?

Have you been on any inexpensive dates that you really enjoyed?

Pretty much everything I listed, except building a snowman and baking cookies together :)

I've been fishing out on the Reef in Florida for a date, that was fun. And strolling on the beach looking for seashells was a lot of fun too.

Most of the dates I've been on were inexpensive, a lot of the things I enjoy don't really cost a lot of money.

One I really enjoyed was a day trip where we visited the beach, then went into the mountains and visited waterfalls, and stopped at little towns along the way checking out all the cool stuff. It was with a friend, not really a romantic date but it meant a lot to me and I had a blast. It might have been more than $20 for gas though? Adding a little romance to that would be my ideal kind of date smitten

I love long drives and the hiking and waterfalls are wonderful to me . Count me in
River!

It's a date! :)

Living in the Caribbean must be lovely. That reminds me of when I was in the Keys... One of the dates I went on was snorkeling, inexpensive if you have your own gear and a lot of fun.

Yes . It is River. I think I take it for granted sometimes. I have friends that go hiking every weekend and really get the full benefit of our flora , fauna , and water venues . I got hooked on latin dancing a few years ago, so some of my nature adventures have been sacrificed, but whenever I venture back into it, I really do feel rejuvenated!

I wasn't thinking of first dates peggy, I guess I misunderstood.

For a first date I would be more comfortable doing something away from home. Going to a fair or doing something that is more public would be better.

I'm with you on that one. Safety first!

peggy122's photo
Thu 01/03/19 03:51 PM

I have a fire pit in my backyard but only good for nicer weather.

Just sitting on my porch looking at the river is nice too, maybe with coffee

Probably wouldn’t do this anymore but going sledding is fun too

A walk along the river .......did that last week under the full moon

I'm slightly obsessed with full moons and I love water . I wouldn't do something so secluded on a first date , but once I felt safe with the guy, I may have trouble tearing myself away at the end of the date JBH lol

peggy122's photo
Thu 01/03/19 03:44 PM

Fiahing anywhere is always fun. Movies at home or walk along the lake or beach with a picnic. Hanging out by a fire just getting to know each other. And flea markets are always great.

I've only gone fishing before with friends , but I'm open to doing it on a first date. Even bowling would be fun for me, although I only did it once before :)

And if I like the guy enough I'm loving the sitting by the fire idea, but I live in the Caribbean, where it's hot all damn day lol. In what forum does one access a fire except in someone's home or a campsite?

I don't live in a big place we do bonfires often or have pits for fires. It's always a great time visiting and laughing.

Any town that has regular bonfires is all good with me Queenie. I live for that stuff happy

peggy122's photo
Thu 01/03/19 03:42 PM

Not really so difficult. I don't understand why people think dating should always cost (a lot of) money.
Going for a nice walk in nature -which allows for romantic moments if you gotten to that stage of course-, and a nice cup of coffee at a restaurant. You can even have a piece of apple pie or cheesecake. I think that would still leave you with some E7 in your pocket, so you can even have a second cappuccino.

I actually love coffee dates Crystal. In fact, I would love if a guy asked me out on a breakfast date for a change ... Maybe some pancakes or something happy When the chemistry is good and the conversation is easy, almost any venue can be fun!

Exactly!
I remember when I was in the US I went to a diner in the morning with my girl for breakfast.
I loved it! We'd already agreed to do that upfront. Diners are typical American, so to me it was totally new, haha.
Oh, same for this BBQed pulled pork restaurant run by a nice elderly couple. I couldn't understand a word the said (her southern drawl was beyond my wheelhouse), but dang, was that food good! And no, it wasn't a posh place, but it was fun!

I love eating out when I travel . It's such an adventure! And sometimes there are these little rustic inexpensive spots like the one you described, that we would totally ignore in our own countries , but seem so charming and alluring in another land lol.

peggy122's photo
Thu 01/03/19 03:36 PM

I plan my Dates, which sre more than any 20.00 .

However, I have activity partner that I been out with as friends to mall, park , cafe other events for cheap outings. Not dating.

Do you think you would enjoy the mall or park setting for a date Toody?

No , I don't like to do that on a date. Men I date are older and secure financially, they are use to spending and going to. NICE places. I do a lot myself and Shoo and spend.

I love coffee but no coffee Meet ups for me. I go to Starbucks myself.

Different strokes for different folks, you clearly enjoyed yourself on these dates and that's what matters drinker

peggy122's photo
Thu 01/03/19 03:30 PM

Another thing I've done in the past... go buy some nice nibblies & drinks in the supermarket, maybe croissants or pistolettes and sliced roast beef or cheese to put on 'em. Peanuts, crisps, whatever you like. A few beers...
Take the whole lot with you to a nice place with a great view, and enjoy while you feast on the goodies. You can even do that sat on the hood of the car, watching out over a bay.

Another one... buy some meat for 2 in a supermarket, some salad and a few drinks.
Chuck a BBQ in the back of the car, including charcoal to get it going, a blanket and/or simple fishing chairs.
Drive to the beach or another great area and have a nice BBQ!

One more... I think you can even go to the movies for $20?
OK, over here it's 10,50 a person and E13.50 including a drink and either popcorn or crisps. Not sure if the US is cheaper. But if the other person chips in with E7 you get to see a movie, have a drink and a nibblie.

Stay at home, get the fire pit out and get a fire going. Buy some beers/wine, some nice nibblies and you got a great evening together outdoors. Can be fun, romantic (watching the stars). Plus, men usually like 'playing' with fire. No pun intended.

I'm loving the BBQ idea Crystal!

I notice you and a couple of other ladies suggested a home date . Would you be comfortable enough to do the home thing on a first date?

peggy122's photo
Thu 01/03/19 03:26 PM

One thought that comes to mind is if she matched his $20 they could have twice as much store bought fun. :wink:

Hi John flowers

Just bear in mind that there are lots of women who resent paying for a first date, so one would have to be selective regarding that idea.

But I'm loving the cycling and dutch- style picnic idea ! happy

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25