Community > Posts By > msharmony

msharmony's photo
Tue 01/28/20 11:07 PM
Edited by msharmony on Tue 01/28/20 11:08 PM

Welcome to Mingle JoeJoe !

Hillary Clinton did the wisest thing, kept Bill off the campaign. In fact, many analysts think Bill hurt her campaign - when he latched in during the later phase.

(And of course the swing votes - after the Mueller Report.)

Obama is a legend among Democrats - that's the reason he needs to stay off.

I don't think the American voter from the industry (Black and White) wants to see the mistake repeated. So Biden may lose in the primaries itself, heavily this time.

Unlike the Clintons, who were always targeted, THe Obamas left with a legacy of integrity and achievement. There is NO reason the support of Obamas would hurt a democratic candidate except with staunch anti-democratic voters who would not vote for any democrat.

msharmony's photo
Sun 01/26/20 01:25 PM
Kobe Bryant, gone at only 41, and his beautiful daughter, only 13

Feels like God takes the amazing ones so young...

Whitney was only 48, Prince was only 57. MJ only 50 ... the list gets too long ...

msharmony's photo
Sun 01/26/20 10:27 AM

All brilliant responses, thanks.. smokin

Sir, I also think bigotry is mislabeled. People often do not understand definitions and label ANY bigotry as racism. That is obviously not the case. Racism is specifically rooted in race, which in America counts as Asian, African American, Caucasian, pacific islander, or native American.

There is a big issue with nationalism, which is blind devotion to or assumption about individuals from a certain geographic area. I think nationalism is a bigotry often mislabeled as racism. But both come mostly from ignorance and ego, in my opinion.

Thanks again ms.. I come from Belfast in the North of Ireland, I have been surrounded by bigotry and sectarianism my whole life, I certainly can tell a bigot when I see one.. For me, as I have stated on this thread a few times, is that there is no middle ground.. Racism Bigotry Sectarianism, all those Isms, It is all the same to me. I'll use a quote "An injustice to one is an injustice to all." I may not be as articulate as some of the contributors on this thread, but at least I will have my say.. Bless and One Love..:heart:

drinker
You are every bit as articulate.

msharmony's photo
Sun 01/26/20 09:55 AM

All brilliant responses, thanks.. smokin

Sir, I also think bigotry is mislabeled. People often do not understand definitions and label ANY bigotry as racism. That is obviously not the case. Racism is specifically rooted in race, which in America counts as Asian, African American, Caucasian, pacific islander, or native American.

There is a big issue with nationalism, which is blind devotion to or assumption about individuals from a certain geographic area. I think nationalism is a bigotry often mislabeled as racism. But both come mostly from ignorance and ego, in my opinion.

msharmony's photo
Sun 01/26/20 09:48 AM
Edited by msharmony on Sun 01/26/20 09:52 AM

Question?
Because I don't want to live in the USA/China/Middle East/Africa etc because I don't like their politics, does that make me racist, or is that a preference labeled as racist? Or simply my right to choose to live where I wish?

IMO you are being way to hard on Crystal in this thread. She simply knows who she is and what works for her.

if the assumption is that everyone in China, the Middle East, or Africa is the same and therefore they would all have the same 'politics' wherever they went, then that is kind of nationalist, anytime we assume we know what individuals want or will do only based on where they are from or what their ancestors were, it is a prejudgment that counts as a type of bigotry...

At the end of the day it makes more sense to make the assumption that if one is coming to the USA, they also do not want to live somewhere else,

msharmony's photo
Sat 01/25/20 12:25 PM
I think a definition of the word as context to how it is being used would be helfpul. For instance, conservative could mean someone who is opposed to ANY change. It can also mean someone who is opposed only to changing certain traditions but not opposed to all change. Liberal could mean a person who is open to change and 'progress' or it could mean someone who is not open to any standards are traditions and need everything to always change for everybody at all times.

It is hard to get people on the same page if the word they are discussing does not mean the same thing to those in on the discussion.

msharmony's photo
Fri 01/24/20 11:17 PM

Yeah that’s the idea been specific about want doesn’t define you a racist but once you do that people say you are one

if you predetermine anything about an individual by just race, it probably IS a racist prejudgment ... by definition

msharmony's photo
Fri 01/24/20 12:17 PM
Edited by msharmony on Fri 01/24/20 12:18 PM
People want to make their own choices. They can.

People also have brains and experiences that lend to conclusions about the decisions other people make and about the nature of other's choices. And they will.

If one is truly comfortable in their stand or values, they will not feel they are trying to prove anything or being made to. In realities, our choices actions and words ARE proof of different things about us. We can feel defensive about it, or just accept it.

msharmony's photo
Fri 01/24/20 10:29 AM
It is interesting we are in a place where it is not so much being a bigot that gives us pause, as much as which 'type' of bigot we are ...

msharmony's photo
Fri 01/24/20 10:16 AM

Saying you're not a racist but just "prefer" to be with your "own kind". Is the same thing as say you're just a little bit pregnant.

That would make most people and all races racists...
Black people flock together with other black people, preferably with the ones from their own country of origin. Because they feel more comfy and at home with their own kind.

I'm guessing other examples of people preferring to be with their own kind can be made since most large cities have a China town, Italian quarter, Greek, Moroccan, and so on and so forth. Even the gipsies did in the past.
I think the only ones who don't do this that much are the Turkish.

Does that make all these people racists?

ONLY if they prefer to be with their own kind based on all others of a race being thick, stupid, criminal, unreliable or any other conviction or judgement.

It is in the assumption that you can know what 'kind' a person is only by their race...

msharmony's photo
Fri 01/24/20 09:50 AM

Saying you're not a racist but just "prefer" to be with your "own kind". Is the same thing as say you're just a little bit pregnant.

more words of wisdom

msharmony's photo
Fri 01/24/20 09:38 AM

Put it this way: do Cardinals mate with other birds?

No. But they do live about sixteen years and run into windows. so as far as species go... glad Im not a cardinal... just saying.

msharmony's photo
Fri 01/24/20 09:25 AM

If you care, then you should know that dating and/or marriage outside of your race is a sin!

I'm glad that most people don't think like that.

Go forth and multiply,and here is a colour swatch frustrated

laugh laugh laugh laugh good one

msharmony's photo
Fri 01/24/20 08:58 AM

If I discriminate against you because of your morality, is that racist?

No, unless you are prejudging and assuming my morality based on nothing but my race ... THAT would be racist.

msharmony's photo
Fri 01/24/20 08:55 AM

Hmmm.. We each have a preference, and that's yours, some things said in that context are nothing but racism in my opinion.

Looks like it my friend

racism is also a preference, it just sounds nicer if it is called preference

people preferred to dehumanize others as different or less than themselves to justify how they treated them, they preferred to keep them separate and less than. ...

msharmony's photo
Fri 01/24/20 08:48 AM
it depends upon which definition is applied really

just the suffix ism implies a practice of principles of

In its simplest most innocent use, anyone who really uses or ascribes to the existence of race is 'racist'.

Now, to what extent we consider race or of what significance race is given in our interactions or prejudgements with others, that is another story

I believe less than one percent of people who have lived off grid and away from media and public education are not racist, but I do not believe all racism is of the same ilk, some only from a place of innocent ignorance, and some from a place of dangerous ego and separatism

'

msharmony's photo
Wed 01/22/20 08:48 AM
I think honest people see both really. 'Good' people try not to dwell on the bad though.'

msharmony's photo
Sat 01/18/20 01:38 PM

Humans kill, and blame it on any number of things, including religion. The things that can kill a relationship are too numrous to name, but boil down to incompatibility.

I do assume you know this isn't correct? Millions, likely more like billions, have been killed, annihilated, tortured, slaughtered, in the name of some god, including the Christian god.
That didn't have to do with 'humans kill and blame it on something', it's religion motivation, propagated, and requiring 'infidels' and 'heretics' to be dealt with in that manner.
The people who do this belief 100% that is what their god wants them to do.
Our history is full of hatred, murder, mass murder and so on all because of religion.
And this is still happening so the history we are making today isn't much different.

Which isn't correct? Humans dont kill? What are the numbers? where are the data? Humans have bloodlust. Humans appease their bloodlust 'in the name' of anything from patriotism, to religion, to 'love'. BUt those are just as much axcuse as blaming clothing for rapes. Individuals make individual choices. Simple.

msharmony's photo
Sat 01/18/20 12:06 PM
Humans kill, and blame it on any number of things, including religion. The things that can kill a relationship are too numrous to name, but boil down to incompatibility.

msharmony's photo
Sun 01/12/20 11:59 AM

You people need serious mental help

Yeah, but I can't afford it right now tongue2
Some do, you don't! You have a logical basis for what you say based on your feelings and life experiences. I disagree with you based on my feelings and life experiences. Somewhere in between are usable solutions to many of our problems we could both support; they may not fully solve all aspects of the problem but would be significant improvements to where society is today.

back at ya