Couple most likely to spawn brainiac nerd children:
Lex and Dancere.

Disclaimer added................

BonnyMiss's photo
Wed 08/04/10 02:42 AM

BonnyMiss's photo
Wed 08/04/10 02:13 AM
Edited by BonnyMiss on Wed 08/04/10 02:17 AM
First off, well done on serving such a good cause. flowerforyou Have you tried cake sales? You could enlist the help of your local radio station to advertise your event, send out flyers asking for people to donate cakes for your cake sale.

Do you have a recycling scheme where the company actually pay for the goods you recycle? I know of companies in the UK that would buy used aluminum cans, old clothing and bottles.

Ask local bands to support you by offering their services to help you hold a concert, do you already have the use of the church hall? Then use that as the concert venue or you could ask the local authority for the use of one of their parks.

Seek the help of printing companies to print flyers for your concert. Hold knitting circles and sell the items at your rummage sales.

Bikers are good people to help out in 'causes' I know of one such group here in the UK who help out in the soup kitchens on a regular basis, they help raise funds by holding pool nights, players pay to enter the competition, they know there is no prize at the end but happily pay to be part of doing something for their community. They also take children for rides to the sea side on designated bank holidays.

Your local school should also be a source you could tap into, the children in our school recycle anthing that could be sold to raise money for the soup kitchen, we now have a haualge company involved in transporting the collection to the depot for recycling.

On Sunday 25th July we held a sponsored dog walk, the local radio station advertised the event, we had a very large turn out and raised about £250. We aim to have another event soon, we are not sure what, it is in the planning stages. The Sunday before that our school opened the car park for a car boot (rummage) sale. We sent out flyers and again had the help of the local radio station and local newspapers to advertise for us.

We aim to apply for a lottery grant to add to our coffers, if we are successful we could recieve up to £30.000. This would enable us to revamp an old scout hut as our permanent headquarters.

We have had suggestions of 'nappy nights' - a disco on a weekly basis for under 15's. A DJ has offered to play on those nights, no alcohol will be served and the kids will get the opportunity to meet up with their friends in a social setting.

In the past we have held Caribbean, Indian, Italian and Mexican nights, we cooked foods from those countries and sold it, sadly the hall we used is no longer there, it has been flattened to make way for a car park for a supermarket.

Send out 'begging' letters to store owners and businesses, you will be amazed at the amount of help out there and the amount of people who will be happy to know they are making a difference to someone's life.

Forgot to add; ask around for more volunteers. Good luck in your venture. flowerforyou

BonnyMiss's photo
Wed 08/04/10 01:38 AM
My postman used to stalk me, then one day he actually blocked my path and spoke........... I did not understand a word of what he said, his Irish accent was THAT strong.

BonnyMiss's photo
Wed 08/04/10 01:33 AM
I have always taken photographs of items I think my son or daughter might like when I go shopping, I've never been 'told off' before.Write to the store manager and ask what is the reason for not allowing customers to take photographs.

BonnyMiss's photo
Wed 08/04/10 01:23 AM
Yarborough

BonnyMiss's photo
Tue 08/03/10 02:00 PM

BonnyMiss's photo
Tue 08/03/10 01:55 PM

BonnyMiss's photo
Tue 08/03/10 01:39 PM

flowerforyou another BEAUTIFUL culinary metaphor

:angry: and I'll be going to work hungrybigsmile

Pity, had you lived nearby I would have offered to make you a prawn and mayo sandwich to take to work.

BonnyMiss's photo
Tue 08/03/10 01:36 PM
Zabaglione

BonnyMiss's photo
Tue 08/03/10 01:33 PM
A lawyer

BonnyMiss's photo
Tue 08/03/10 01:33 PM

laugh My relatives are not spicy - they are sautéed in BOOZE on Thanksgiving! laugh

That's called 'pickling' laugh laugh laugh

BonnyMiss's photo
Tue 08/03/10 01:30 PM

What's the first lesson...pastas, prep, knive care,....sauces
drool SHOW ME!

1001 ways to eat a very ripe mango. devil

THEY'RE TASTY!!!devil ....rofl THAT'S what's up Myka!rofl

And the juice drips down the front of your clothes.

Myka, you've been here long enough to know Mingle members do the oddest things. laugh

BonnyMiss's photo
Tue 08/03/10 01:26 PM

It's relative. Hot to you maybe mild to someone else.

I :heart: hot food!!! drool smitten

I agree, the people who like that particular meal must have asbestos lined mouths. I think I will stick to kormas.

BonnyMiss's photo
Tue 08/03/10 01:23 PM

I love hot food! Just keep some water nearby. :wink:

I've drank the fridge dry, my mouth still feels numb. sad

Milk or bread is better for getting rid of the burn than water.

Milk did the trick, I am just cooling down.

BonnyMiss's photo
Tue 08/03/10 01:21 PM

What's the first lesson...pastas, prep, knive care,....sauces
drool SHOW ME!

1001 ways to eat a very ripe mango. devil

BonnyMiss's photo
Tue 08/03/10 01:16 PM

flowerforyou Hahaha MUAH!...sorry to hijack, but "Ya" I think heat with flavor is GREAT on the pallet....and even the hottest of chiles have a distinct taste.

Tis a welcome hijack, always pleased to see you.

BonnyMiss's photo
Tue 08/03/10 01:08 PM

Those aren't jalepenos in my pocket, I'm just happy to see you.bigsmile

Looking for some hot stuff (but not curry)............... drool

BonnyMiss's photo
Tue 08/03/10 01:05 PM

^^^^^^^^^she told me once what she was cooking...I'd REALLY like to watch her cook!

Web cam?

BonnyMiss's photo
Tue 08/03/10 01:04 PM

Hahahalaugh you Vixen........I'm well versed in both fantasy AND denial!!!

I know, why do you think I have been trying to 'coax' you out into the open? love :tongue: bigsmile blushing

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25