Community > Posts By > Cali66

Cali66's photo
Thu 09/11/08 02:18 AM

One thing I find very interesting, is the fact that anytime a country gets invaded, destroyed by a hurricane, or whatever....the US is always there providing aid, helping to re-establish governments, etc.

9-11-2001. Who came to our rescue?

ABSOLUTELY NO ONE. Sure, all the countries got together to say, "We condemn these attacks, etc." BUT NO ONE came to our aid.

Now, we are being asked to join the world. Is it any wonder why Americans are so bitter?

Right because we have living conditions in America like Rwanda right? And like in Darfur right? Our moments of tragedy, in contrast to their years??? Every moment of their lives.
Twisted.

Cali66's photo
Thu 09/11/08 02:06 AM

Quit being confrontational this is my last request or I will report you.

Stay off my posts if you can not be civil and treat my posts with respect.
I do not appreciate you directing comments such as 'liberalist' or such towards me or anyone else. I don't appreciate anyone calling John McCain, Mcblame, McNsain etc.. just like I don't like anyone typing nObama Osama etc.. It is elementary- and I am far from a childhood playground.
You have NO idea who I am now do you?

I do not attack people- call them a name other than their own, and I expect the same. If you choose to continue this- I will take it up with mingle2 staff.

You didn't treat my post with any respect, you sure can dish, but you sure cannot take it

Look one more off post comment, that is directed towards me I'm reporting everything you been doing around here. Got that, your now being harrassing, and I don't appreciate it on this post.

This was to honor Sept 11th victims it is Sept 11th..
You are being disrespectful. Stay off this post.

Cali66's photo
Thu 09/11/08 02:01 AM

People die everyday, who cares really? I mean that is just my opinion. If its not car accidents or drugs, over dose on pills or kids starving in 3rd world nations people die. Its sad yes but it happens.

Right now some where a baby is being tossed in a dumpster or maybe an old man who has no one to talk to is about to hang himself out of sadness.

Life/Death is part of this world. People come and people go. Lets focus on what we do today, and not sorrow in what happened yesterday.

I care

Cali66's photo
Thu 09/11/08 01:59 AM
This is about today... our history is what decides our future.

slaphead

Cali66's photo
Thu 09/11/08 01:56 AM
Quit being confrontational this is my last request or I will report you.

Stay off my posts if you can not be civil and treat my posts with respect.
I do not appreciate you directing comments such as 'liberalist' or such towards me or anyone else. I don't appreciate anyone calling John McCain, Mcblame, McNsain etc.. just like I don't like anyone typing nObama Osama etc.. It is elementary- and I am far from a childhood playground.
You have NO idea who I am now do you?

I do not attack people- call them a name other than their own, and I expect the same. If you choose to continue this- I will take it up with mingle2 staff.

Cali66's photo
Thu 09/11/08 01:47 AM
This isn't the post to jump in with
a foul comment-

Save it for someone else or I will report you.

Cali66's photo
Thu 09/11/08 01:12 AM

Q'Orianka Kilcher reads Rita Lasar, "To Avoid Another September 11, U.S. Must Join the World" (September 5, 2002)

Her brother was killed on Sept. 11th. (Rita Lasar)

www.vimeo.com/1388315

Cali66's photo
Wed 09/10/08 05:25 AM
If you believe in one ounce of your soul people choose to live in hunger and deplorable situations, watching their family members and children killed in front of them, I believe there should be some serious soul searching.

Rationality yells-- anyone with a choice would NOT live in such a way of life.

Could you imagine living in a world where you had to grab your kids and run to a camp out of your city because of hostiles. A camp where Malaria is running rampid among many other diseases because they are so over populated in such a small area they are living in their own waste and death.
How are they to do anything about that? It is human slaughter.

On any level knowing that and not doing something is wrong.
And, yes they have feed the children, and the sites you can donate money for those mosquito nets, there are all kinds of causes.

But that wasn't my question in my post.
I stated the simple fact as you (blanket term) feel it's ok for our sons, daughters, and husbands to go fight these wars to serve you.
But you are to good to serve? It's beneath you?
Military should go die for something you don't believe is worth the very thought of the government? Yet---Because McCain is Military that is the base for his wave into the White House.

Presidency is executive, not military.
The president has no powers to declare war. This is in place for checks and balances of powers.

It is known that it is a conflict of interest when x military become president. Look in your history books. None of these modern day presidents were out in the battle fields, leading a army-- well you shouldn't need to look- you know where they park it.
The modern day X Military Presidents did things that were way out of their scope of presidency.
That is why there is a big uproar in congress right now. Because of what has been happening. Now we are becoming thinned out, our military from Iraq.. Countries declaring war on other countries.. What is that? Anyone with ANY common sense knows why that happened.

That is the big difference between then and now. When Presidents back in history, that had been Military were out commanding and fighting/leading in the battles this was a whole other ballgame my friends. That is why there is that check and balance system in there. And that is why control over the military is Civilian. Not military controlling the military.
It does not work like that.

And anyone that responds to me that can't have debate issues w/out attacking, don't bother-

Calling anyone out of their name is not impressing anyone, that is elementary-

I'm here for clean debates/conversation, I am not against anyone-- I want a good life for my kids- And I don't want humans suffering.
My daughter will be going into the Military next year, and this is not in no way 'funny antics' time for me.
I am doing my part, through volunteering and preparing for future missionary work. It isn't always about giving money.
My teens do missionary every year they can during spring break, out of the country-and volunteer.

Helping other countries is so much more then handing them a dime.

Cali66's photo
Wed 09/10/08 12:33 AM
Who is bashing 'us?'

No one is bashing me. I am of free will to make charitable 'among my brothers' without the hypocrisy's of standing on the sidelines choosing which person is worthy of my brotherhood by where they had no choice of birth.

I am floored when anyone takes a political stand in regards to human worth.
Shame.

But know- we all feel pain-hunger and loss at some point in our lives- some just feel it every day of their lives by circumstances out of their control.

And if the only comment someone has is 'it's their governments fault', -- basically who cares they suffer because a government is foul?
Darfur people have suffered in ways you could never imagine- this is their lives..
And many other peoples lives around the world.
I imagine this will fall on dead eyes.

You talk about condescending? You want our husbands, sons, and daughters to serve you in wars and die for you,
but you won't do something as selfless as be in kind to the many who have not a meal to eat? You don't want to serve? But our military should go serve for you?

And know, whatever is affecting other countries does directly/indirectly affect us. One shouldn't be so blind eye'd to the cycles and full circles this is taking.

Day after day,
Tell them to take it up with their government? Serious?

wow

Cali66's photo
Tue 09/09/08 02:28 AM

The Books are not Being "BANNED", you are still allowed to buy them and read them. They just don't want to fund them in the Library because they could be some controversy.

It's censorship. Period. And you and I get to make a judgement based on that. You may think it's ok. I say it's very scary.

You know, I hear Liberals wanting to "FIX TALK RADIO", that is a form of Censorship. They don't like what they hear on there and they think it needs to be fixed. Liberals Hate Rush and Sean Hannity and they would love for them to be off the Air. But it is funny how they don't want to fix CNN, a channel that should be called ONN, Aka Obama News Network.

There are tons of censorship out there, just the way you look at it...

What the Liberals(as you call them)want is not Censorship. Its to provide a counterpoint to what Rush and Sean and other Conservative hosts say.

The is taken from Wikipedia:

Fairness Doctrine:
The Fairness Doctrine was introduced in the U.S. in 1949. The doctrine remained a matter of general policy, and was applied on a case-by-case basis until 1967, when certain provisions of the doctrine were incorporated into FCC regulations.[3] It did not require equal time for opposing views, but required that contrasting viewpoints be presented. The Fairness Doctrine had two basic elements: It required broadcasters to devote some of their airtime to discussing controversial matters of public interest, and to air contrasting views regarding those matters. Stations were given wide latitude as to how to provide contrasting views: It could be done through news segments, public affairs shows or editorials.(editbyjessed).

Thats not Censorship. It just gives more then just one view on a subject(s).

Who is Jessed and did her/his talking cat give them this information?
Wtheck is wrong with you people..*blank stare*

So tell me who is jessed, and exactly who's view is this?? Is it relevant? If it has no factual base it leaves you worse off than when you started now doesn't it?

I really am blown away by this. Why is it so hard to swallow something as simple as elementary logic.
A typical 5 year old could understand this.

what scared

Cali66's photo
Tue 09/09/08 02:18 AM

The United States is facing some very critical economic challenges and nearly every day, there is more bad news. The latest being the Fannie Mae Freddie Mac government takeover and unemployment jumping to 6%.

Fixing the economy is an extremely complex problem.

If you were to hire a team to fix it, who would you choose:

Team A
Harvard Law School Graduate
History, Political Science & Law School Graduate

Team B
Military school bottom of class
University of Idaho journalism major

Oh, you nasty, pinko, San Francisco elitist! :wink:

slaphead

Cali66's photo
Tue 09/09/08 02:16 AM

The United States is facing some very critical economic challenges and nearly every day, there is more bad news. The latest being the Fannie Mae Freddie Mac government takeover and unemployment jumping to 6%.

Fixing the economy is an extremely complex problem.

If you were to hire a team to fix it, who would you choose:

Team A
Harvard Law School Graduate
History, Political Science & Law School Graduate

Team B
Military school bottom of class
University of Idaho journalism major

Love it. rofl

:smile:

Cali66's photo
Tue 09/09/08 02:14 AM

haha

Team A
Guy who ran unopposed in state legislature
Perennial presidential candidate failure

Team B
War hero and veteran legislator with independent streak
Most popular state governor in America

laugh laugh laugh

Amazing

Cali66's photo
Tue 09/09/08 02:10 AM

yeah so you say REPS waste our money on doing what it's suppose to do...protect this nation.

All DEMs like to do raise bogus charges & investigations. WOW! Like that's really important to spend money on. LOL

How many conspiracies can DEMS investigate in a lifetime???? laugh

Like Whitewater that turned into a blow job investigation? That was money well spent.

scared surprised rofl

Cali66's photo
Tue 09/09/08 02:05 AM
Edited by Cali66 on Tue 09/09/08 02:07 AM

It'll never pass

The Democrat strategy of getting votes by keeping people dependent on welfare wont work on a global level. Those people cant vote and they wont wast payroll taxes on someone who wont vote for them

Welfare is non existent. Pick up a history book, it is already old enough news to be in history books. :/
How do I know? It was in my American Government Text Book, a required text for a past Political Science class.

The Federal Government has given individual States control on distribution of money/help for a limited amount of time. And they do not just give the states money, they have various qualifiers. Calworks has a max benefit limit of
1 or 2 years total for lifetime.

It is CalWorks. To be on the program you have to work or be in school or job training. And it is a one time benefit, and you can not put 15 kids on the program/benefit.

There is no more welfare.

The uniformed.. Educate yourself.

Cali66's photo
Mon 09/08/08 09:06 AM

solve your problems at home b4 the world...thats just the way infrastructures work...if not they fall...thats why people hate us until we hand them duckets...we are not the world police, mommy, food pantry, w/e you wanna call it

Oh yea, then explain iraq

Cali66's photo
Mon 09/08/08 09:05 AM

Palin - Mayor of itty bitty town.

There are alot of those itty bitty towns. Executive experience is just that - EXPERIENCE. Most of America is NOT Chicago & it's still more experience than OBAMA has.

By all of your definitions OBAMA is the one who should not be running. Thanks for your input...no matter how backward it is. laugh

Why are you so rude when someone has a different opinion from you? Does it bother you when someone is a thinker and not a sheeple?

good question.

two of my threads were pulled for review because haters flagged it and hijacked it. LOL

On Obama...

he votes "present" when sent to Congress to vote "yes" or "no".

we pay him for that?

he cashes his paycheck, but never earns it.

I will vote "present" for Obama, just like he does.

Where is the real contempt?

Disrespect for authority and accountability for action comes in the vote.

NObama 2008

Why don't you research and find out what he is paid for, instead of complaining about what you think he isn't paid for.
You expect people to come to your front door and hand you his deeds?
It is easily accessible, the thing is no one has taken much time to look up his accomplishments and what he does do for the nation.

a poster writes yesterday,

Palin has more experience then Obama and Biden combined.
Not sure when that nightmare of a statement will process out of my head.
Now if that is the biggest fattest non truth there is.
If that person clicked a mouse to the Gov. site/
U.S. Senate website
they would see thousands of pages they could go through with Bidens name to Bills he has Authored. They would stop before they would get through the bills. To many to go through in one sitting. Obama as well to much info to get through in one sitting. People just don't want to take the time, it's that simple.
It's easier to look at the t.v. and McCains uniform...
good luck on that.

Cali66's photo
Mon 09/08/08 08:53 AM
Global poverty is our problem- since when is human suffering everybody else's problem?

slaphead

Cali66's photo
Mon 09/08/08 08:49 AM
Among many things,

McCain reference Shiite's as hostiles.

People who have education and knowledge from topics from which they post tend to have the frequent *blank stare* at emotional less informed posters.

Factual based posts/responses are really the way to go when responding to me.

I am neither taken by nor impressed by such responses by which emotions are the base factor.

It doesn't show any form of civility or rationale, and does not promote healthy debate.

Clearly not Capitalizing states, countries or cities is something that would bring attention on a post where there is just no substantial trail of facts to follow. When there is no substance one looks for something else to be amused by.

Misspellings of words and making up words are like neon signs directing the more informed and others that visit later the credibility of your character. Then again when you come to a persons post with hostile comments for the only obvious reason of hate on two people you do not know, it has went past the scope of common sense, you stepped into whole other class.

That is why you have been deemed as not worthy for future review on any further postings.

Cali66's photo
Mon 09/08/08 07:45 AM

offtopic I like chickenofftopic

offtopic offtopic slaphead huh surprised

I watched the video and that's all I could think of. I think I must be hungry.

I didnt watch video; but chicken sounds good to me :thumbsup:

That video is funny :D

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25