Community > Posts By > Barend

no photo
Thu 01/14/10 12:37 AM
Edited by Barend on Thu 01/14/10 12:52 AM

I dont think its just that. As I said, those countries are as close to each other as our states are to each other, they regularly are hearing and speaking other languages because of proximity.

It's even worse. Any idea how many languages are spoken in Switzerland alone? Look it up and you will be surprised.

Every US-citizen should be grateful to live in such a great beautiful nation where English is common. Makes it a lot easier.

And furthermore: do you really think that most people in Europe speak several languages fluently? C'mon!

no photo
Wed 01/13/10 12:52 PM
dunglish :tongue:

no photo
Sat 01/02/10 02:05 PM
wondering

no photo
Sat 01/02/10 11:07 AM
I just read a discussion on Mingle about interracial dating; but it’s not so much the interracial but the intercultural aspect I’m interested in. The postings in the interracial dating thread were most of the times like “no problem at all”, “discussion from the past” etcetera etcetera. I am curious if that would be the communis opinio around here if intercultural dating is concerned.

It is my personal experience that is very hard to give love a fair chance when the two communities/families at hand try to make the relationship end. In this instance it was also an interracial relationship, but I really don’t think that was the issue.

Please share your views or experiences.

no photo
Sat 01/02/10 03:15 AM
Paris

no photo
Fri 01/01/10 02:45 PM
doubting

no photo
Fri 01/01/10 02:41 PM
Assen, The Netherlands

no photo
Fri 01/01/10 02:40 PM
Zhengzou, China

no photo
Fri 01/01/10 02:38 PM
Yala, Thailand

no photo
Fri 01/01/10 02:33 PM
Edited by Barend on Fri 01/01/10 02:34 PM
Xalapa-Enríquez, Mexico (too late..)

no photo
Fri 01/01/10 05:07 AM
you thought that was scary? Wait till you see this one:

I'm sorry Barend, I deleted your picture on the request of the OP.

no photo
Fri 01/01/10 04:54 AM

I have players need not apply as my headliner. to me a player is a person who manipulates your emotions, lies, and tells you what you want to hear to get what they want.

Well dear, if I was a player, that line wouldn't scare me off. In fact, After reading your profile I would do anything for a date with you flowerforyou
And I am not playing now :smile:

no photo
Thu 12/31/09 08:07 AM
mockery

no photo
Thu 12/31/09 02:20 AM
I'll settle for a friendly hug

no photo
Thu 12/31/09 01:00 AM

It is a trend that's fast escalating in our throw away society where we, as humans have no regards for the feelings of others (most of the time) *I may get my head ripped off for this remark*

I like your head; I'll keep it where it should be love

no photo
Thu 12/31/09 12:41 AM
Edited by Barend on Thu 12/31/09 12:51 AM

No, ending a relationship after enough time has passed that you are making the correct decision is not being a player. We have to date and get to know each other...that is what dating is for, wouldn't life be ever so much easier if we only ever dated the 'right' person? You would be a player if while dating (and presumably being intimate) with someone who had every reason to believe you were not seeing (and being intimate with ) anyone else BUT YOU WERE. Players are people who tell you what you want to hear as a way to get what they want.

Hope all of these replies answer your second question!

okay okay, I get the picture now. But I still think we are looking at it a bit too onesided. Let me explain. As I mentioned earlier I see the "no players please" request in a lot of profiles. Of course I don't look at profiles randomly, but let's not bore you now with my preferences :smile: . So, I guess a lot of women have experience with being played. But don't tell me that the USA is crowded with players. I think we can honestely say that most men and women are descent people.

So I assume that there is a gap between feeling to have been played and actually been played.

no photo
Thu 12/31/09 12:29 AM
Edited by Barend on Thu 12/31/09 12:52 AM

flowerforyou Hay barend!I like that pic with you and the big guy!
You look so happy togather dear,,,koolaid:heart:

Thank you dear :heart:
We are happy together indeed. And I want to show the better side of me of course. Still missing a woman in my life though...

Actually, this might be because I have my kid in my profile prominently? I read in a few threads that this is considered a NoNo, a red-flag even (http://mingle2.com/topic/show/261123). I don’t know: I am still new to online dating.

I love to talk with you, you know that flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 12/30/09 01:28 PM

From urbandictionary.com:

1. player

A male who is skilled at manipulating ("playing") others, and especially at seducing women by pretending to care about them, when in reality they are only interested in sex. Possibly derived from the phrases "play him for a fool", or "play him like a violin". The term was popularized by hip-hop culture, but was commonly recognized among urban American blacks by the 1970s.

:tongue:

Should have looked that one up first :tongue:
But still, I think that reality is not always that black or white. Especially in the beginning of a relationship one is finding out about their feelings. For example, if I decide to end a relationship after a few months because I feel that this is not real love, Am I a player? I may just have made a very wise decision.

no photo
Wed 12/30/09 01:20 PM

Maxine on "The Perfect Man"

"All I'm looking for is a guy who' ll do what I want, when I want, for as long as I want, and then go away. Or wait nearby, like a Dust Buster, charged up and ready when needed."

That one, I want too

no photo
Wed 12/30/09 01:15 PM
I read in a lot of profiles that women don't want to play games or are not looking for players. What is that all about exactely? It is as if a lot of women dated "players" before and don't want that anymore. Is a player someone who doesn't take a relationship seriously or is there more to it? What makes a man a player?

And why is it such a big deal?