Community > Posts By > Barend

no photo
Mon 12/28/09 12:09 PM

so it seems from reading the thread that the issue is being LEGALLY divorced????

you can be married or divorced in your mind and heart...just not necessarily by the governments standards

so it's more about a legal issue??

for me it's all about the heart

no photo
Mon 12/28/09 11:58 AM

I guess I would have to say that with all these thoughts that I am a hypocrite.. lol... Let me explain why I say this.

I am still legally married. I am also legally seperated, for 4 years now. We live in completely different homes an hour away from eachother.

We do not plan to ever live as a married couple again though. I date sometimes but I always tell people that I am legally separated and not divorced.

The whole reason I started this post was because the man was still married, not legally separated and they still live together.

This is a surprising turn of events!

no photo
Mon 12/28/09 11:55 AM
John Doe

no photo
Mon 12/28/09 11:47 AM

To the two above, thanks for proving my point of the spin control separated people put on it. Separated Is married. Thank you. drinker

not a very friendly comment, is it? Things in live are not always simple.

no photo
Mon 12/28/09 10:32 AM

Thanks Barend your right you've peged me i am a romantic!
I love the idea of being in love I wonder if there's a simple man for me<<koolaidsmitten

Being in love is just the best there is! It happened to me once (truly, really felt in love). Don't know if it will ever happen again. But I shouldn't know why not. I hope it will happen to you.

no photo
Mon 12/28/09 10:27 AM

:wink: for everyone in the sound of my voice" good tiddings.
Good luck i don't think there's any open minded man for me out here.
I give up koolaidwoman!waving

You shouldn't, really.flowerforyou

no photo
Mon 12/28/09 10:12 AM
chewing gum

no photo
Mon 12/28/09 10:02 AM
Edited by Barend on Mon 12/28/09 10:02 AM

Hell yeah I want to go to Amsterdam........smokin

Let me know when and we go from there!
(I don't smoke pot by the way)

no photo
Mon 12/28/09 10:00 AM

I am glad to see you are feeling comfy! :smile:

You have a special place in my heart: you are the first one on Mingle who sent me a (serious) message.flowerforyou

no photo
Mon 12/28/09 09:56 AM
wishy-washy...

no photo
Mon 12/28/09 09:51 AM

yep... Your done for now.. Mingle2 has got ya and ya might escape for a while but we always come back... flowerforyou

It's just not fair: I haven't got the strenght to resist you ohwell

no photo
Mon 12/28/09 09:40 AM
Enjoying it, but there seems to be a trade-off. After 2 or 3 days I am wondering about the addictive effects. Somehow I must stay behind the computer and can't get my but off the chair.

Anyone more experienced in this arena feel to share their thoughts on this issue?

no photo
Mon 12/28/09 04:51 AM
Edited by Barend on Mon 12/28/09 05:07 AM

"Proper English conversation"??????

They teach you guys how to speak Texan over there? COOL!

so this is an example of my lack of understanding of your beautiful language? Because I don't think I understand what you just said: is it an Texan expression?

Please help me to improve my English. I would be grateful :smile:

note: I think I got the joke now. I can be a little slow sometimes...

no photo
Mon 12/28/09 04:24 AM

Welcome to Mingle- Its great that you are having such a great experience here. There are a lot of fine folks here.

I have actually been to Holland, Venlo, and yes Amsterdam. Now that is an awesome place! I loved it there. The people are fabulous-It is definately on my list to go back!

Good to have you here-and keep posting.

Venlo? That is a surprise! Not a place you would normally go. I guess it wasn't a tourist trip?
Thanks for your warm welcome

no photo
Mon 12/28/09 04:01 AM

I think you are just about to have lunch now?

no photo
Mon 12/28/09 03:54 AM
So, England I will do once more for sure. But the problem is: there are so many countries where I've never been yet! So many countries to visit.

If anyone has good ideas about visiting more 'exotic' sites: please let me know.

no photo
Mon 12/28/09 03:36 AM

Friends for so long? Must be exciting to meet your friend in person finally! You don't need me then to show you AMS. But you can always put me on your reserve-list.

I keep promising, then get caught up in some project or other and then it doesn't happen...... I feel awful. I have visited Denmark, Germany, Belgium and France. Switzerland is on my list too, my brother-in-law is Swiss, but once again I get tied up in projects and cannot tear myself away. Have you ever visited the UK?

Last summer actually: London and Kent. Weather was awfull, but I enjoyed it very much. I was with my son and did all the things tourists do: high tea, english breakfast, sundays roast, drinking beer in the pub. And I noticed that English people really fancy a chat! Although I have to admit: sometimes it was very hard for me to understand the different accents and dialects. Especially from those from Northern England.

I also went to the London Zoo. Beforehand I thought: wow, the London Zoo, that must be a big one! But in fact it is just a small zoo (nice though).
If you ask my son (turned 5 this month) about London: he tells you about the buses and the underground.

no photo
Mon 12/28/09 03:09 AM

There you go! If you need any info, let me know. And I might even show you around in Amsterdam (on the must-do list for sure) :smile:

That's two people I will have to visit, I have a friend who lives in Amsterdam. We have never met but have been friends these past six or so years. We have spoken on the telephone and email each other everyday.

Friends for so long? Must be exciting to meet your friend in person finally! You don't need me then to show you AMS. But you can always put me on your reserve-list.

no photo
Mon 12/28/09 03:01 AM

the Netherlands. I live in a small, rather boring, town. But the interesting touristic sites are not far from here.

Holland is on my "must visit" list. Flights to the rest of Europe is at an all time low right now, I probably will do so in the coming year.

There you go! If you need any info, let me know. And I might even show you around in Amsterdam (on the must-do list for sure) :smile:

no photo
Mon 12/28/09 02:53 AM
the Netherlands. I live in a small, rather boring, town. But the interesting touristic sites are not far from here.