Community > Posts By > Barend

no photo
Mon 12/28/09 02:51 AM
Edited by Barend on Mon 12/28/09 03:18 AM
A Sambal is a chilli based sauce which is normally used as a condiment. Sambals are popular in Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, the southern Philippines and Sri Lanka, as well as in the Netherlands and in Suriname through Indonesian influence

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sambal)

no photo
Mon 12/28/09 02:47 AM
Hi to you all. I registered about a month ago and started posting 2 days ago. Until that moment I had no clue what to find here, to be honest. Deep down I am looking for true love. But you can’t force that. I’ve experienced the last 2 days that having pleasant conversations also is a lot of fun. And guys (male and female), if you’re planning to come over to Europe in the near future: don’t hesitate to contact me. I may offer you a place to stay, or we’ll just settle for a cup of coffee. I would love to have a proper English conversation (learning by doing is the best); and I’ll show you around. So we’ll gain both from this encounter :smile:
Barend

no photo
Mon 12/28/09 02:08 AM
I just started my day at the office...

no photo
Mon 12/28/09 01:09 AM
Sambal
(always nice on your meatball)

no photo
Sun 12/27/09 11:14 PM

It doesnt make him horrible, One never knows. I respect the decision not to date married people, I hold the same philosophy at this point in my life. However there are extenuating circumstances that leave people still married but not together.

My first husband and I split up in 1995, moved to different residences, lived seperate lives, but we didnt have the money or the motivation to deal with the courts. WE werent officially 'divorced' until 2004 when I was asked for my hand in marriage by someone.

My parents split in 1994 but continued to live in the same house for three years for financial reasons....

there are all types of gray areas that sincerely honest people find themself in that cause the 'married, but available ' status.

I respectfully disagree. It is horrible. There is no integrity in a person who dates while married.

The only exception I might consider is a 10 year separation due to technicalities. Even then I see red flags in the person's ability to take care of their business. Get it done for hell’s sake!

This is shameful behavior -- and regardless of what angle you see it -- people who date while married have issues which render them DAMAGED.

I appreciate the respect. IT is all in perspective. I feel integrity lies in honesty, if noone is being lied to, no integrity is lost.

So, two people who have agreed to go their seperate ways(without the legal paperwork to document it) , in my opinion, still have integrity when they move on to new partners.

I am with msharmony here. I'll give you a real life example:
A mother at my son's school have been divorced for a year or so now and her ex-husband has already moved to Indonesia. But they are still struggling to get the divorce legal, going through the horrible red tape of the Dutch judicial system.
Should we judge her if she is looking for a new love?

no photo
Sun 12/27/09 02:33 PM
your profile is promising, but why not put a bit more effort into describing yourself? Also a clearer picture of your face would help.

no photo
Sun 12/27/09 02:05 PM

True. My ex is Hindu. But still the magnitude of the aversion surprised me.

Yes, I feel the same way when I see my beliefs founded in love and peace, dont understand when it is opposed.

That being said though, I am the same way about those who are not christian. I could not have a good relationship(intimate) with anyone that didnt accept and love God so I have to believe the same is true of those who 'worship' some other power.

I don't know about that. Besides love, hope and faith are at the centre of our Christian belief.

no photo
Sun 12/27/09 02:00 PM

You bet its worth it my folks are from two diffrent worlds
Mom native-amer&papa afro-amer and they crossed paths 1945 while he was in WWII so im hopfull ill keep my candle burning;.:heart: {koolaidwoman}

I've already noticed that you are a romantic lady

no photo
Sun 12/27/09 01:56 PM
based on equality, of course.
I am sorry that it didn't work out for you flowerforyou

no photo
Sun 12/27/09 01:50 PM
Malnutrition

no photo
Sun 12/27/09 01:47 PM
When I read most of these postings I can't help thinking: what happened with romance and 'love doesn't know any borders'?
I truly believe that one can find his or her love anywhere. In the end of course the two of you should be together forever.

no photo
Sun 12/27/09 01:21 PM
Universe

no photo
Sun 12/27/09 01:19 PM
I'll go for a sensual kiss

no photo
Sun 12/27/09 01:16 PM
warm

no photo
Sun 12/27/09 01:02 PM
True. My ex is Hindu. But still the magnitude of the aversion surprised me.

no photo
Sun 12/27/09 12:57 PM
he (and his wife) may be in the 'grey zone': not yet divorced by law but not married anymore both physically and mentally

no photo
Sun 12/27/09 12:52 PM
Edited by Barend on Sun 12/27/09 12:53 PM
peace

no photo
Sun 12/27/09 12:48 PM
Edited by Barend on Sun 12/27/09 12:48 PM

NO NO NO!!!

Eats, shoots and leaves.

Without the comma it wrecks the joke, this is why grammar and punctuation is so important.

Here you're correcting grammar!!!???!!!!laugh laugh :wink:

although it is not so much for me to say (making grammar errors all the time, not being a native speaker), I can understand the comment. I mean, it makes all the difference whether the Koala Bear eats shoots or eats first and shoots later.

no photo
Sun 12/27/09 12:40 PM
Pocahontas

no photo
Sun 12/27/09 12:37 PM
true love