One year at Thanksgiving, my mom went to my
sister's house for the traditional feast. Knowing
how gullible (and blonde)my sister is, my mom decided to
play a trick. She told my sister that she needed
something from the store.
When my sister left, my mom took the turkey out of
the oven, removed the stuffing, stuffed a Cornish hen,
and inserted it into the turkey, and re-stuffed the
turkey. She then placed the bird(s) back in the oven.
When it was time for dinner, my sister pulled the
turkey out of the oven and proceeded to remove the
stuffing. When her serving spoon hit something,
she reached in and pulled out the little bird.
With a look of total shock on her face, my mother
exclaimed, "Patricia, you've cooked a pregnant
bird!" At the reality of this horrifying news,
my sister started to cry.
It took the family two hours to convince her that
turkeys lay eggs!laugh laugh laugh

no photo
Fri 11/19/10 09:18 PM

I've pretty much given up on love.

Don't ever give up...:heart:

I have.

if you've given up, then why are you here?

as for the topic at hand...i cant help but feel like the weight isnt the real issue here. and if someone cant look past your outside appearance and see the internal beauty you have then why would you want to be with them anyway? i'd take a nice guy with a big heart over a model that is hideous on the inside any day.....flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 11/18/10 07:15 PM
I've learned that apparently a lot of 50 year old men are attracted to 25 year old women......grumble and the 23- 30 somethings, for the most part, dont seem to be ohwell

no photo
Sun 11/07/10 09:55 PM
for me the only way to get and keep my belly in check is to watch my portion sizes and eat healthy, combined with cardio and toning exercises. find what works for you and stick with it! surgery and magic pills arent the cure all! flowerforyou you can do it :smile:

no photo
Wed 11/03/10 08:53 PM

If you don’t get in the water you’re never gonna learn to swim
He said a snake is just as scared of you as you are of him
He could tell by the moon when the fish would bite
Seems there was nothing that he didn’t know
And as a kid I believed ’cause grandpa told me so

He talked daddy into letting me have my first car
I thought I was really something ’til becky thompson broke my heart
That first taste of love really did me in
Getting over her slow
And I knew someday I would ’cause grandpa told me so

He said life is made for you to live
The best love is the love that you give
There’ll be times when you wanna hold on but you gotta let go
And I live by those words ’cause grandpa told me so

I promised him I wouldn’t cry when it was his time to leave
That’s the only promise I made him I couldn’t keep
He smiled from his bed and said we’ll meet again
Somewhere down the road
And I believe ’cause grandpa told me so

Yeah and I still believe
Grandpa told me so
Grandpa told me so
I still believe
Grandpa told me so
I still believe...

for some reason i have a feeling posting this song might make beebee feel worst but it wasn't my intentflowerforyou

no its beautiful...I just wish i would have had a chance to learn all that from the grandpa that passed...

no photo
Wed 11/03/10 08:27 PM
right now id take a mean grandpa over a nice one that i never got a chance to know......sad frown

no photo
Wed 11/03/10 08:18 PM
Dear Grandpa,

22 years ago today you left this world because God needed another angel more than we could ever know. I wish I could have gotten a chance to know you better and spend more time with you. The closest to a memory I have is that picture of us, you know the one where you are holding me and we are both asleep in the recliner? That is my favorite picture of you. I know you are looking after us, and I really hope you are proud of me. And hopefully, someday, I will get a chance to really get to know you. I miss you, and I love you!

Love,
Brittney

no photo
Tue 11/02/10 09:08 PM
happy blushing

no photo
Wed 10/20/10 08:11 PM
excellent idea...though i think you are right that not everyone would be nice. I'm not sure I would be nice to some of my exes ohwell

no photo
Fri 09/17/10 03:47 PM

think your reading to much into every aspect of it.....

when a man truly digs ya...he will tell ya:heart:

true i suppose.....guess i just hate to think that i feel so happy with him and i thought he felt the same but apparently feels nothing

no photo
Fri 09/17/10 02:56 PM
everything works out somehow and i believe everything happens for a reason.....but that unfortunately doesnt make it any easier

no photo
Fri 09/17/10 02:29 PM

Well it seems you want two different things here. Taking it “one step at a time” or not, doesn’t change this fact. (I’m not trying to be mean here)

His statement should be enough to let you know he is backing out, but it really seems to have no bearing on whether or not you still want this. when someone wants to be with you, they show you, conversely, when they don’t, they also show you. why are you trying to figure him out. he has plainly told how he feels. don’t put yourself through all of the mind numbing, torturing agony that comes with trying to hold on to something/someone that is not going to satisfy you.

if he wants his freedom, give it to him; sometimes it can be the only way we can see things clearly.

“…it seems like he is really happy and genuinely enjoys my company. I feel like he is just scared because he is still trying to finish school and…” your interpretation of “his” feelings don’t count. you cannot project your thoughts and feelings into his mind (no matter how hard you try). all you can do is express your feelings and deal with how he reacts.

seems to me that expressing my feelings is what got me here in the first place ohwell

no photo
Fri 09/17/10 02:27 PM

this is a little long so bear with me..... a couple months ago one of my long time guy friends and i decided to try the whole dating thing. everything seemed to be going fine, until last night when he told me that he realized this week that if i didnt contact him he wouldnt even think about me. yet when we are together just the way he looks at me could make me melt and it seems like he is really happy and genuinely enjoys my company. I feel like he is just scared because he is still trying to finish school and has a really busy schedule and isnt quite at the same point i am and isnt ready to settle down. and i completely understand and respect that and dont have a problem with it at all. ive been trying to just take everything one step at a time and go with the flow, but now it seems like he doesnt even want to see me. and thoughts? suggestions? advice?

why would he say that? sounds like your more into him than he is into you...don't make excuses for him, you will wind up getting hurt by doing so... just talk to him, and see what his thoughts are...sounds like you know whats really going on, but not ready to admit it to yourself...

The strange part is that a few years ago when we used to hang out all the time i always had the feeling that he wanted to be more than just friends, and never stopped getting that feeling until he said that yesterday.

no photo
Fri 09/17/10 01:57 PM
this is a little long so bear with me..... a couple months ago one of my long time guy friends and i decided to try the whole dating thing. everything seemed to be going fine, until last night when he told me that he realized this week that if i didnt contact him he wouldnt even think about me. yet when we are together just the way he looks at me could make me melt and it seems like he is really happy and genuinely enjoys my company. I feel like he is just scared because he is still trying to finish school and has a really busy schedule and isnt quite at the same point i am and isnt ready to settle down. and i completely understand and respect that and dont have a problem with it at all. ive been trying to just take everything one step at a time and go with the flow, but now it seems like he doesnt even want to see me. and thoughts? suggestions? advice?

no photo
Wed 09/08/10 03:45 PM
my boyfriend is someone that was one of my best friends for 5 years.....until i finally opened my eyes and saw what had been in front of me the whole time! love its definitely easier to be friends first because you already know all about each other, and still like each other! hopefully we'll continue to be happy for a long, long time happy

no photo
Tue 08/31/10 07:20 PM

what is it with women i guess i should explain well im a nice guy i try to treat the woman that im with like gold but its hard for me cause im so far away from the women that i love and our circumstances make so she cant move closer to me well so when i have any free time i want to be on the phone with her and talk or what ever i just makes it seem to me like we r together with each other but yet i guess its mo much cause she left me and this isnt the first woman to leave me because of this i just feel like no matter what i do i cant make a woman happy enough to stay what ever idk some input from the ladies here would be greatly appreciated

let me tell u about most women man... the worse u treat em,the more they love u... it's their mentality..most women dig ******** for some reason.. and then they cry about and wonder why they being treated like ****... my advice bro find urself a woman that's gonna love u for u.. and only u.. and if she starts acting like a ***** towards u ..use her *** and dump her..man ..women like that ain't worth it

actually....we dont want @$$h0les.....sometimes it just takes us a little bit to realize that we want a nice guy that will treat us right....and doing the distance thing right off the bat isnt easy if youve been hurt before and havent built that trust with the other person

no photo
Fri 08/27/10 09:37 PM

now why on earth should she involve the new boyfriend in drama. Doing that would just cause more problems and make the old guy mad. No telling what would happen then.

It's best to just put a stop to it than to create more problems

If Im not misunderstanding the situation, the old guy is already mad. And if memory serves from previous posting, the new boyfriend is an 'old friend' so likely already knows this fella.

Putting a stop to it is exactly the problem. He's not going away. And if 'new guy' is concerned for her, as he should be, then he is already involved.

I think they could act as a couple, support each other, and doing so could be the show of strength this 'old guy' may need to see.

the new guys is fully aware of the situation....and he is a cop an he is bigger than the ex....they've never met, but when i was dating my ex he pretty much tried to cut me off from everyone. i've already got enough to get him charged with intimidation, not trying to do that though, hes good enough at screwing up his own life without me adding to it!

Wow, is intimidation illegal?

in Indiana it is....a misdemeanor, d felony if threatened with a weapon. Also have enough for stalking and harassment. stalking is a d felony, unless there are other conditions that are met (which in case there are) and that would be a c felony. harassment is a b misdemeanor.....so yea. he forgets that i work for attorneys and im not only friends with a few police officers, im dating one.

no photo
Fri 08/27/10 02:03 PM

now why on earth should she involve the new boyfriend in drama. Doing that would just cause more problems and make the old guy mad. No telling what would happen then.

It's best to just put a stop to it than to create more problems

If Im not misunderstanding the situation, the old guy is already mad. And if memory serves from previous posting, the new boyfriend is an 'old friend' so likely already knows this fella.

Putting a stop to it is exactly the problem. He's not going away. And if 'new guy' is concerned for her, as he should be, then he is already involved.

I think they could act as a couple, support each other, and doing so could be the show of strength this 'old guy' may need to see.

the new guys is fully aware of the situation....and he is a cop an he is bigger than the ex....they've never met, but when i was dating my ex he pretty much tried to cut me off from everyone. i've already got enough to get him charged with intimidation, not trying to do that though, hes good enough at screwing up his own life without me adding to it!

no photo
Thu 08/26/10 09:02 PM
good point....

no photo
Thu 08/26/10 08:58 PM
i could change my number....only problem with that is that i have literally had the same cell number for 11 years, and really kind alike having the same one- makes it easier to connect with old friends

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25