Community > Posts By > Mac60

Mac60's photo
Thu 02/21/08 12:59 PM
Although it sounds good that "all votes should be counted", it would be quite unfair to change the rules in the middle of the game. Ultimately, the whole process needs to be modified. For some interesting proposals, see:

http://amoreperfectconstitution.com/a_more_perfect_constitution.htm

Mac60's photo
Thu 02/21/08 12:48 PM

But mac if you and i were sharing chores . There would be things that I would do that you would never have to touch .. if you wanted oil duty and car maintenance .. you would not have to help with laundry ... the chores should be split has equaly has time allows .. and if both parties are working a lot then a maid service should be used to give people more time with family .. just some of my thoughts

Sounds fair to me, Shoes.

Mac60's photo
Thu 02/21/08 12:38 PM

It seems that equality for women means that men get to do 1/2 of the womanly things and ALL of the manly things. Tell the truth now girls. When's the last time you changed the oil in the car?

I am a single mom and I put oil in my own car .. I do take it to a shop for changes ..

Single mom - key word

Agreed.

Mac60's photo
Thu 02/21/08 12:32 PM
It seems that equality for women means that men get to do 1/2 of the womanly things and ALL of the manly things. Tell the truth now girls. When's the last time you changed the oil in the car?

Mac60's photo
Thu 02/21/08 09:38 AM
This is interesting. I remember back in college there was a group that was so repulsed at being part of any group, that they formed their own group, which they called GDI for God Damned Independents. Strange how even those who despise groups have to be part of a group.

Me? I think I'm a GDI as far as JSH goes.

Mac60's photo
Thu 02/21/08 08:18 AM

any song about drivin a truck, and being in the country where theres dust and lots of empty land, yes im more bashing country for its lack of progression, its a huge genre thats rather narrow.

i agree for the most part. I wouldn't give you a dime for any of these phonies today. Phony southern accents, stupid cowboy hats, ripped up jeans. All a formula that the record company makes them adhere to. Now I understand that Big & Rich and the Music Mafia have tried to buck the system on this stuff. I give them credit. And that one song they do about Vietnam is a pretty powerful song.

I like the old performers like Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, George Jones(aka The Possum, No-Show Jones). And how could anyone ever top Patsy Cline?

Ok..I've vented. I'm OK now.

Mac60's photo
Wed 02/20/08 08:07 PM

George Clinton?

Make My Funk The P-Funk

Mac60's photo
Wed 02/20/08 07:34 PM
Johnny Cash
One Piece At A Time

Mac60's photo
Wed 02/20/08 07:14 PM

Alright. I read through the whole thread and found it very entertaining. I knew the dude was doomed as soon as I read his post. If you're anything other than touchy-feely nice on here, you get reamed.

I did learn that the "average" AREICAN is overweight. My only comment on fatness is that it is not healthy. Look around. How many OLD fat people do you see? So before you continue to rationalize and make excuses for your fatness, take that into consideration. Or don't you want to be around for your kids?

I see quite a few overweight older people when I go to the stores and to the Senior's meetings with friends and my parents.

I'm sure there are stats on this somewhere. And I'd be willing to bet that I am right.

Mac60's photo
Wed 02/20/08 07:03 PM
Alright. I read through the whole thread and found it very entertaining. I knew the dude was doomed as soon as I read his post. If you're anything other than touchy-feely nice on here, you get reamed.

I did learn that the "average" AREICAN is overweight. My only comment on fatness is that it is not healthy. Look around. How many OLD fat people do you see? So before you continue to rationalize and make excuses for your fatness, take that into consideration. Or don't you want to be around for your kids?

Mac60's photo
Wed 02/20/08 03:24 PM
Edited by Mac60 on Wed 02/20/08 03:25 PM
Mama Kin, One Way Street, Make It...anything from the first album. Had Toys In The Attic on 8-track. Saw em in 1977 at the Capital Centre in Landover, MD(torn down now). Golden Earring opened. Was a great show what I remember. You were pretty much allowed to smoke dope in there back then.

Mac60's photo
Wed 02/20/08 02:32 PM
Remember. Someone still has to click Yes on YOU before you get a match.

Mac60's photo
Wed 02/20/08 12:17 PM
I'm just gonna "Rave On".

Mac60's photo
Tue 02/19/08 08:50 PM
Thanks. I wonder why, though, it is necessary to say "no games". I mean, wouldn't that go without saying? I haven't read one profile yet that says, "I want games, lots of games".

Mac60's photo
Tue 02/19/08 05:52 PM
Ah, Westernport. Have driven through there many times on 135.

Mac60's photo
Tue 02/19/08 05:46 PM
Edited by Mac60 on Tue 02/19/08 05:47 PM
Could be fun. If it's in the DC area, you could attract DC and Virginia people as well.

Mac60's photo
Tue 02/19/08 05:32 PM
Oil closed at over $100.00/ barrel for the first time today. Did Mr. Carter have a point?

Mac60's photo
Tue 02/19/08 05:19 PM
OK. Maybe I'm a little dense, but it would be nice to have some clarification. Can someone define "game" and give an example? Extra credit for other insightful analysis.

Mac60's photo
Tue 02/19/08 05:13 PM
This is my favorite movie of all time. I remember it used to come on TV about once a year. This is in the days of a black & white TV with rabbit ears. The streets would clear of kids when this movie was on. And one thing I learned:

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!

Mac60's photo
Sun 02/17/08 06:41 PM
Edited by Mac60 on Sun 02/17/08 06:42 PM

I don't see the merit in punishing those who have become successful through hard work and ingenuity with insane taxation of their success. I'd rather welcome the rich to become more rich through the advancement of society by providing services, goods, and technology and thus supporting the betterment of society by boosting wages and employment as profits increase, which allows them to contribute back into the economy through vast spending of their wealth.

Trickle down. AKA Voodoo economics. I'd also like to point something out about tax rates. Because someone's top bracket is 38% or whatever the figure is, it does not mean that they are taxed at 38% on ALL of their income. Just the amount above wherever that bracket starts.

Also, regarding government policy in general. I agree with you to an extent, Star. I agree with the statement that "the government that governs least governs best". There is a corollary to that, however, that I also believe. I belive in "as little government as possible, but as much as is necessary". If only the free market always produced results acceptable to society. Government is "We The People" stepping in when the free market fails. For instance, without government intervention, our country would be one seriously polluted and unhealthy place. Polluting businesses would never comply with clean air and water standards voluntarily. That's just one example. Does government have it's nose in places it doesn't belong? Of course. There will always be debates about how much regulation is too much. And that's what we as a society have to decide. Where to draw the line.

Bottom line as I see it. The free market does not always work like we want it to, so hence, some regulation is necessary.

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25