Community > Posts By > DarkHour

no photo
Mon 10/15/12 03:25 AM

So how about suicide, I gotta think that can't be
anything but freewill
But can I choose to live after my calling? :smile:

Yes we have choices and we exercise them everyday which are also limited BUT the subject is free will. :smile:

no photo
Mon 10/15/12 12:04 AM

Sure…Since it was impossible to determine whether or not you were going to make your post, you obviously had the freedom to choose whether or not you would. The choice you made must then have been made as an act of free will.

This is not proof. Maybe my posting is nothing more than acting on instinct.

You didn't ask for proof; you asked for a good example.

Free will, like determinism, is not self-evident. It must be considered mathematically. Free will is based upon the idea that freedom of choice exists. Where there is no choice, there is no free will. Since it is mathematically impossible to determine whether or not you were going to post, either event had a probablility of occurance of less than 1, therefore your choice could not be predicted (i.e. could not be determined). Since your option could not be determined, it was not deterministic, therefore you were free to choose. Since you were free to choose, choosing your option was an act of free will.

From the minute you are born you are taught how to think, live and what to believe in. So where is the free will?

It lies in whether or not you choose to believe what you are taught.

You mean became a hobo living under some bridge? laugh

no photo
Sun 10/14/12 12:35 PM
From the minute you are born you are taught how to think, live and what to believe in. So where is the free will?

no photo
Sun 10/14/12 06:12 AM
All emotions are good

They help us to survive

But the one that’s the greatest

Comes directly from your heart.
flowers

no photo
Sun 10/14/12 02:33 AM
Do you all remember the song “killing me softly with his words?” Of course I don’t want to kill anybody with my song but I do want to disarm your army of resistance which you have placed strategically around your heart I do believe in fairytales, that they can be written in the middle of our lives, but they are as rear as the first everlasting love. New beginnings are fun, they are the truth not just a combination of clever assembly of words, instead deep meaningful thoughts and actions which have always been within ones heart. Over the years they can grow with something learnt, something old, something new and something wise. So often we miss the boat, never to share those wonders of ourselves that have accrued over the years just like bank accounts. Love like money in the bank, you cannot take it with you and it doesn’t make your life better or make you live longer being locked away, so live a little share a little. If five dollars can transform someone’s life somewhere in the world and a smile brighten up someone’s day,” Imagine what you can do if you touch someone’s heart” preferably mine.:smile:

This is totally inspired by loneliness! This is my disclaimer.waving

no photo
Sun 10/14/12 02:20 AM

This is a quote from Stephen Hawking.

“Do people have free will? If we have free will, where in the evolutionary tree did it develop? Do blue-green algae or bacteria have free will, or is their behavior automatic and within the realm of scientific law? Is it only multicelled organisms that have free will, or only mammals? We might think that a chimpanzee is exercising free will when it chooses to chomp on a banana, or a cat when it rips up your sofa, but what about the roundworm called Caenorhabditis elegans—a simple creature made of only 959 cells? It probably never thinks, “That was damn tasty bacteria I got to dine on back there,” yet it too has a definite preference in food and will either settle for an unattractive meal or go foraging for something better, depending on recent experience. Is that the exercise of free will?

Though we feel that we can choose what we do, our understanding of the molecular basis of biology shows that biological processes are governed by the laws of physics and chemistry and therefore are as determined as the orbits of the planets. Recent experiments in neuroscience support the view that it is our physical brain, following the known laws of science, that determines our actions, and not some agency that exists outside those laws. For example, a study of patients undergoing awake brain surgery found that by electrically stimulating the appropriate regions of the brain, one could create in the patient the desire to move the hand, arm, or foot, or to move the lips and talk. It is hard to imagine how free will can operate if our behavior is determined by physical law, so it seems that we are no more than biological machines and that free will is just an illusion.”

It's my thought if we humans do have free will it developed along with language.

Can you provide a good example of free will?

no photo
Sun 10/14/12 02:04 AM
Edited by DarkHour on Sun 10/14/12 02:05 AM
I just read an article on how dangerous heavy drinking can be to the human body.

It scared the hell out of me!!! So thats it, no more reading for me.grumble

no photo
Sat 10/13/12 07:02 PM
Thanks guys for the acknowledgment :smile:

Much of this stuff I wrote many years ago while practising artistic elegance of poetic writing.
flowers

no photo
Sat 10/13/12 04:32 PM
Edited by DarkHour on Sat 10/13/12 04:40 PM
We come into this world vulnerable, naked and alone.
We walk through life of endless dreams,
pretending we drink from youthful springs.
We’ve flown with eagles and seen the heights.
We’ve fought with the devil and won the fights.
We done it all and did all for what,
when tomorrow we’ll be all alone and all this gone.

Though one thing will change,
We’ll have our best treads on,
looking like brides and grooms,
still vulnerable and alone
when we leave this god forsaken world.smile2

no photo
Sat 10/13/12 08:11 AM
I like the concept and the feeling you put behind it.flowerforyou

no photo
Sat 10/13/12 06:18 AM
Every night before I go to bed I pray when I awake you will be gone from my head. My life has become a disaster a disorganised hell. I get up I sit down, there are things to do and my thoughts are only of you. You messed up my thoughts and tore my heart in half and for what? Because you couldn’t say NO from the start. I shouldn’t be feeling like this, I always knew your feelings were not true. Why am I telling you all this I haven’t got a clue. Maybe because I want to get angry enough to get you out of my head, but my angry thoughts don’t seem to last and find myself back in hell. Why are the pains of the heart the most painful to bear, why did you play with my heart, why did you send me to hell? I gave you my heart and my soul, I put them both in your hands. You gave me nothing but lies, now be gone, I want you out of my head.

This is my prayer!

please give me back my sanity please set me free!

no photo
Sat 10/13/12 05:50 AM
My heart is mine always simple and true
There was a time I wished you were too.
I said goodbye upon goodbye
when I really wanted you to stay
I thought I could fix things tomorrow
when I knew I only had today
and you said you loved me
when all you wanted to is stray
my heart is still simple and true
but I do know one thing
it will never again belong to you.
drinker

no photo
Sun 10/07/12 05:50 AM
Thanks guys drinker

no photo
Sat 10/06/12 07:22 PM
How do you speak, what cannot be said?
How can you reach what cannot be had?
Why do we save, what in time we will lose?
Why is it so often, we always need to choose?

The beat of a heart, the sigh of a breath
Why can I hear, I am supposed to be deaf?
An eye open though blinded in sight
A wingless bird on an aimless flight.

A spook, a spirit a ghost, all of the past
They linger and haunt yes they seemingly last
The cold dark of night, or a vigilant fright
One eye open though blinded in sight.

The evil the good the lock on the door
They key to the lock I fall to the floor
My ever-trembling fears I so love and adore
My haunted past, will protect me from more.

Escape now an option, pure light of day
How can I take it, No, here I shall stay
What if I were to fail, in the new day of light
My eye wide open though still blinded in sight.

I’m hurting, I’m hurting you scream and you shout
Yet wanting and yearning, you still can’t get out
The prison, the place that you have chosen to be
It’s this baron isolation that keeps you from me.

I cannot save you though try as I may
You chose in your choices its here you will stay
The fear in your person, your cowardly plight
Your eyes wide open, though both blinded in sight.

no photo
Sat 10/06/12 07:18 PM
So surreal are the mountains that arise

In distance they blend with the sky

Lonely bird silently fly’s across the blue

In the distance the trees are leaning

Once too, their life had a meaning

Fly little sparrow as the song suggest

Little bird looking for a place to rest

Now exposed, confused the mind unrests

Does it take two to make a nest?

My memory is fading noting is moving

My life now feels like a horror movie

Once there was tow once there was us

Now its just a sparrow on a aimless flight.

no photo
Sat 10/06/12 06:54 PM
In love there is a beginning without an end, love is something that stays with you forever, this is our gift to one another. Love like everything else has to be taken care off, it has to be nurtured, it is sacred part of whom we are. There are many descriptions of love because there are may types and stages. Some will describe it as a symphony, a dance, a rhythm, others will relate it to nature. People are strangely puzzled why they cant find love? What they really mean is, why cant they love the next person that comes into their life. You already found love, love is you, love is your own feeling and experience towards others, all you have to do is commit to love. Love does wonderful things to us when we are counting on new beginnings. You don’t have to close your eyes to see love, love is standing always in front of us, we just have to lean forward and embrace it through a commitment.

People in general have problems expressing love towards one another, especially men in relationships. They see it as a weakness. However, love is strength and fear of love is our weakness.

Here is quote we should all embrace

"Saying I LOVE YOU is a major decision in one's life. Those words should be kept in your heart until you're ready to commit, to fight for that feeling and to stand by those words forever."

no photo
Sun 11/28/10 03:00 AM
I got this in an email today, it was so beautifully written I just had to share it. :heart:

How we forget to love.

When I got home that night as my wife served dinner, I held her hand and said, I've got something to tell you. She sat down and ate quietly. Again I observed the hurt in her eyes.

Suddenly I didn't know how to open my mouth. But I had to let her know what I was thinking. I want a divorce. I raised the topic calmly. She didn't seem to be annoyed by my words, instead she asked me softly, why?

I avoided her question. This made her angry. She threw away the chopsticks and shouted at me, you are not a man! That night, we didn't talk to each other. She was weeping. I knew she wanted to find out what had happened to our marriage. But I could hardly give her a satisfactory answer; she had lost my heart to Jane. I didn't love her anymore. I just pitied her!

With a deep sense of guilt, I drafted a divorce agreement which stated that she could own our house, our car, and 30% stake of my company. She glanced at it and then tore it into pieces. The woman who had spent ten years of her life with me had become a stranger. I felt sorry for her wasted time, resources and energy but I could not take back what I had said for I loved Jane so dearly. Finally she cried loudly in front of me, which was what I had expected to see. To me her cry was actually a kind of release. The idea of divorce which had obsessed me for several weeks seemed to be firmer and clearer now.

The next day, I came back home very late and found her writing something at the table. I didn't have supper but went straight to sleep and fell asleep very fast because I was tired after an eventful day with Jane. When I woke up, she was still there at the table writing. I just did not care so I turned over and was asleep again.

In the morning she presented her divorce conditions: she didn't want anything from me, but needed a month's notice before the divorce. She requested that in that one month we both struggle to live as normal a life as possible. Her reasons were simple: our son had his exams in a month's time and she didn't want to disrupt him with our broken marriage.

This was agreeable to me. But she had something more, she asked me to recall how I had carried her into out bridal room on our wedding day. She requested that every day for the month's duration I carry her out of our bedroom to the front door ever morning. I thought she was going crazy. Just to make our last days together bearable I accepted her odd request.

I told Jane about my wife's divorce conditions. . She laughed loudly and thought it was absurd. No matter what tricks she applies, she has to face the divorce, she said scornfully.

My wife and I hadn't had any body contact since my divorce intention was explicitly expressed. So when I carried her out on the first day, we both appeared clumsy. Our son clapped behind us, daddy is holding mommy in his arms. His words brought me a sense of pain. From the bedroom to the sitting room, then to the door, I walked over ten meters with her in my arms. She closed her eyes and said softly; don't tell our son about the divorce. I nodded, feeling somewhat upset. I put her down outside the door. She went to wait for the bus to work. I drove alone to the office.

On the second day, both of us acted much more easily. She leaned on my chest. I could smell the fragrance of her blouse. I realized that I hadn't looked at this woman carefully for a long time. I realized she was not young any more. There were fine wrinkles on her face, her hair was greying! Our marriage had taken its toll on her. For a minute I wondered what I had done to her.

On the fourth day, when I lifted her up, I felt a sense of intimacy returning. This was the woman who had given ten years of her life to me.
On the fifth and sixth day, I realized that our sense of intimacy was growing again. I didn't tell Jane about this. It became easier to carry her as the month slipped by. Perhaps the everyday workout made me stronger.

She was choosing what to wear one morning. She tried on quite a few dresses but could not find a suitable one. Then she sighed, all my dresses have grown bigger. I suddenly realized that she had grown so thin, that was the reason why I could carry her more easily.

Suddenly it hit me... she had buried so much pain and bitterness in her heart. Subconsciously I reached out and touched her head.

Our son came in at the moment and said, Dad, it's time to carry mom out. To him, seeing his father carrying his mother out had become an essential part of his life. My wife gestured to our son to come closer and hugged him tightly. I turned my face away because I was afraid I might change my mind at this last minute. I then held her in my arms, walking from the bedroom, through the sitting room, to the hallway. Her hand surrounded my neck softly and naturally. I held her body tightly; it was just like our wedding day.

But her much lighter weight made me sad. On the last day, when I held her in my arms I could hardly move a step. Our son had gone to school. I held her tightly and said, I hadn't noticed that our life lacked intimacy. I drove to office.... jumped out of the car swiftly without locking the door. I was afraid any delay would make me change my mind...I walked upstairs. Jane opened the door and I said to her, Sorry, Jane, I do not want the divorce anymore.

She looked at me, astonished, and then touched my forehead. Do you have a fever? She said. I moved her hand off my head. Sorry, Jane, I said, I won't divorce. My marriage life was boring probably because she and I didn't value the details of our lives, not because we didn't love each other anymore. Now I realize that since I carried her into my home on our wedding day I am supposed to hold her until death do us apart. Jane seemed to suddenly wake up. She gave me a loud slap and then slammed the door and burst into tears. I walked downstairs and drove away.

At the floral shop on the way, I ordered a bouquet of flowers for my wife. The salesgirl asked me what to write on the card. I smiled and wrote, I'll carry you out every morning until death do us apart.

That evening I arrived home, flowers in my hands, a smile on my face, I run up stairs, only to find my wife in the bed - dead.
My wife had been fighting CANCER for months and I was so busy with Jane to even notice. She knew that she would die soon and she wanted to save me from the whatever negative reaction from our son, in case we push thru with the divorce.-- At least, in the eyes of our son--- I'm a loving husband....

The small details of your lives are what really matter in a relationship. It is not the mansion, the car, property, the money in the bank. These create an environment conducive for happiness but cannot give happiness in themselves. So find time to be your spouse's friend and do those little things for each other that build intimacy. Do have a real happy marriage!

no photo
Sat 11/20/10 05:08 PM
Edited by DarkHour on Sat 11/20/10 05:12 PM
When You're In Love With a Beautiful Woman - Dr. Hook
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN8DhkiRAts&feature=related
Dr Hook - SEXY EYES
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ3DWa_QLO4&feature=fvw
DR HOOK Sharing The Night Together
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIvnMGgVw4o&feature=related

no photo
Sat 11/20/10 05:06 PM
I always wanted to have 2 races horses, one called MY FACE and the other WHIPE IT OFF! and then sit back and listen to the women screaming out. Com on MY FACE and com on WHIPE IT OFF! tongue2

no photo
Thu 11/11/10 02:29 AM

If you believe in karma does that make you spiritual or religious?

I believe in karma, so I do not do bad things no matter whether I will get caught or not. No lying, no cheating, no gossiping, etc... I even feel if I have terrible thoughts about someone else I will be paid back in some way by the karma that will come back to me.

Does that make me spiritual?

I don't know.

Because karma to me is the energy exchange we have with our environment and all that reside in it, I think of it as more scientific than spiritual. But it can't be verified so that takes the proof out of the equation.

Do you believe in karma?

karma NOPE if there was such thing thee wouldn’t be injustice in this world. A person can be an *** al their life commit horrific criminal activities and live a very happy and fulfilling life.