Community > Posts By > DarkHour

no photo
Sun 05/19/13 08:57 PM
It is true- not every Muslim is a terrorist, it also happens to be true, that every terrorist seems to be a Muslim lately.

no photo
Sun 05/19/13 08:45 PM

So let me get this right. Nothing that weighs something…yes that is correct by what quantum physics has to say.

i have nothing to say... but i just did, so it cancels each other out and 2 turns back into nothing.... indifferent

Even though you have removed substance out of nothing that nothing still exists waiting for you to put something in to it. lol

no photo
Sat 05/18/13 11:14 AM
Real or not real?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xccamQ3aQzs

no photo
Sat 05/18/13 11:08 AM
Edited by DarkHour on Sat 05/18/13 11:09 AM
So let me get this right. Nothing that weighs something…yes that is correct by what quantum physics has to say.

no photo
Mon 12/24/12 01:47 PM
Merry Xmas to each and everyone.

I hope you all have a wonderful day with your families and your loved ones.

And if they are far away call them and tell them how much they are in your thoughts.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

no photo
Sat 11/10/12 01:34 PM

Ive been working on this poem now for few months its called “WITH” but Im stuck for more lines with continuity. I was wondering if anyone is willing to help me out with bit of creativity. Of course any worthwhile poem has to have certain amount of words per line and this one consists of six. Hint :smile:

With!

With your picture here beside me
With a notepad of borrow rhymes,
With cold tears on my pillow
With nothing to kill but time...

With sad songs filling my heart
With so many regrets that subsume
With all plans ending that day
With sad thoughts my mind consumed...

With or without I lie awake
With or without your love forsake
With or without my heart breaks
With or without give or take...brokenheart

Just the type of lines Ive been looking for flowers

no photo
Sat 11/10/12 01:29 PM
Wux

Just too funny- we were talking about relativity not reality laugh

no photo
Sat 11/10/12 06:05 AM

He was of course referring to the existence of a worldline. It was another way of saying that to exist at all is to exist in eternity.
He also said that we are predetermined but we should also jail criminals dispite the fact laugh

Yeah, but since they would not be morally responsible for their actions, they should not be punished, only incarcerated.

This is yet another view of Einsein's that arose from his classical physics upbringing. He swore up & down that God didn't play dice with the universe and looked unsuccesfully for a way to disprove the probabilistic nature of nature. In the end, his view lost out to experimental results that showed God indeed played dice.
Nope that’s not what I meant at all. in Einstein’s theory of relativity, referring to spacetime , time is the only thing that is not constant in our universe so therefore it can be travelled

Of course it can be travelled...We are travelling in it now...forward. The only constant in Einstein's relativistic universe was the velocity of light...everything else is a variable, including time.

Here's a point to ponder...What if there are no constants and everything is a variable, including the velocity of light...What becomes of the theory of relativity?

I already proposed that argument few years ago as I don’t believe Einstein’s theory is all that correct. Recently I came across Michio Kaku saying the same thing.

no photo
Sat 11/10/12 05:26 AM

He was of course referring to the existence of a worldline. It was another way of saying that to exist at all is to exist in eternity.
He also said that we are predetermined but we should also jail criminals dispite the fact laugh

Yeah, but since they would not be morally responsible for their actions, they should not be punished, only incarcerated.

This is yet another view of Einsein's that arose from his classical physics upbringing. He swore up & down that God didn't play dice with the universe and looked unsuccesfully for a way to disprove the probabilistic nature of nature. In the end, his view lost out to experimental results that showed God indeed played dice.
Nope that’s not what I meant at all. in Einstein’s theory of relativity, referring to spacetime , time is the only thing that is not constant in our universe so therefore it can be travelled

no photo
Sat 11/10/12 05:16 AM

If you leave this planet at the speed of light you would be travelling into the future but if you could return at the seed of light squared you would be returning into the past. Time travels forward, it is the speed by which you travel that determines if you will be visiting the past or the future.

Your first sentence doesn't refer to what the time measurement might be relative to...presumably if the velocity is relative to earth's, you'd be "time travelling" into the future, since local time for you would stop altogether at light speed. In relativistic terms, your exceeding the speed of light is an impossibility, so you can't travel into the past on the return trip, therefore, you are still stuck with a unidirectional arrow of time and arrive back in the future.
Don’t forget time is the only thing that is not constant. At the speed of light there is line shortage between two points.

no photo
Sat 11/10/12 05:10 AM

no photo
Sat 11/10/12 04:59 AM
If you leave this planet at the speed of light you would be travelling into the future but if you could return at the seed of light squared you would be returning into the past. Time travels forward, it is the speed by which you travel that determines if you will be visiting the past or the future.

no photo
Sat 11/10/12 04:54 AM

Great amount of theoretical physicist do not believe in free will including Einstein based on time travel. If we are able to travel the time zone which is quite possible theoretically then we have already made those steps in the future…. Haven’t we?

Which future?...(There are a nearly infinite number of them, as well as a nearly infinite number of pasts.)

So to answer your question, "yes and no", depending on the future chosen.

I'd say physical time travel (in reverse for people) is impossible. "you" would always be there to physically obstruct yourself (to "collide with") if you tried to reverse your direction. It might be possible to move your consciousness back in time, but your memories do that anyway (with the timeline you remember), so the net result of reverse time travel in that regard would probably just allow you to choose a different timeline both ways, and probably change all your memories of the experiences of your first timeline. (i.e., you would still have only one "life", albeit a different one.)

there is no reverse in time its all forward. So now Im bit confused at what you are getting at?

Einstein's belief in an undivided solid reality was clear to him, so much so that he completely rejected the separation we experience as the moment of now. He believed there is no true division between past and future, there is rather a single existence. His most descriptive testimony to this faith came when his lifelong friend Besso died. Einstein wrote a letter to Besso's family, saying that although Besso had preceded him in death it was of no consequence, "...for us physicists believe the separation between past, present, and future is only an illusion, although a convincing one."

http://everythingforever.com/einstein.htm

no photo
Sat 11/10/12 04:31 AM

Great amount of theoretical physicist do not believe in free will including Einstein based on time travel. If we are able to travel the time zone which is quite possible theoretically then we have already made those steps in the future…. Haven’t we?

Which future?...(There are a nearly infinite number of them, as well as a nearly infinite number of pasts.)

So to answer your question, "yes and no", depending on the future chosen.

I'd say physical time travel (in reverse for people) is impossible. "you" would always be there to physically obstruct yourself (to "collide with") if you tried to reverse your direction. It might be possible to move your consciousness back in time, but your memories do that anyway (with the timeline you remember), so the net result of reverse time travel in that regard would probably just allow you to choose a different timeline both ways, and probably change all your memories of the experiences of your first timeline. (i.e., you would still have only one "life", albeit a different one.)

there is no reverse in time its all forward. So now Im bit confused at what you are getting at?

no photo
Sat 11/10/12 03:18 AM
There are no ladies in Brisbane I checked laugh

no photo
Sat 11/10/12 12:02 AM

no photo
Fri 11/09/12 11:54 PM

It occurred to me today that pay sites may be safer than free sites. My reasoning is that if something happens the site has all the person's credit card information and thay can therefore be tracked down.

Don't get me wrong, I think mingle2 is awesome. I love these forums. But, this is something worth thinking about.

Safe or not safe its up to you to take those appropriate steps to ensure your safety by letting your friends and family know who you are seeing, perhaps even introducing this person to a friend.

On the up note on pay sites. I think they have their advantages, you wont find as many players. As I feel people who are willing to pay for the service a more genuine in finding a partner. JMO

no photo
Fri 11/09/12 11:42 PM
What does that actually mean in layman’s terms?

Death is only a loss for the ones holding the memory of you.

Of course we all will die eventually so if its today or tomorrow the difference is small.

no photo
Fri 11/09/12 11:11 PM
Ive been working on this poem now for few months its called “WITH” but Im stuck for more lines with continuity. I was wondering if anyone is willing to help me out with bit of creativity. Of course any worthwhile poem has to have certain amount of words per line and this one consists of six. Hint :smile:

With!

With your picture laying beside me

with a notepad of borrow rhymes,

with cold tears on my pillow

with sad songs filling my heart

with so many regrets that subsume

with so may plans ending that day

with or without you I lay awake

no photo
Mon 10/15/12 04:02 AM

The idea of the end of the world is not impossible, we do live on a time bomb. However I very much doubt it could have been predicted by an esoteric race 3000 years ago.

Previous 1 3 4 5