Community > Posts By > winnie410

winnie410's photo
Mon 06/01/09 08:32 PM

Well what is the reason teachers are so underpaid?

Because sports are more valued and 'entertaining'. Because the criminals keep getting incarcerated. Because people fake disability to collect SSI. Because studying porkbelly futures is more important than the education of children. Because people get to vote to see if education levies pass to provide resources for our kids. Because people would rather play the lottery. And finally, the most important reason?

Because our society allows this.

I tell my son all the time:

Your teacher has the most important job. Yours is the second. Your teacher educates you, and you listen, ask questons, and learn because that's your job.

as a teacher, i thank you. and i agree. our local school budget is shot down year after year after year then the ppl that vote it down sit around and b!tch about the youth. and when money needs to be cut, it comes from education yet we want our children to be well educated b/c they need that education to become the CEO or whatever.

as a side note, i work in a very poor district that pays very well. i still struggle to make ends meet and i dont know how i am going to make it through the summer, but i own my own house and car. i have a beautiful son and i am currently working on becoming a foster parent. i, personally, make quite a bit of money in my position but not all are as lucky. for all teachers do, they should be paid more. most teachers come in early, leave late and take a huge bag of work home with them. we teach extra activities and host educational nights for the children without pay b/c it will benefit the students. if i were to change my position and teach in the town i live in (a very nice area where the kids get cars when they reach 17) i would have to take about a $10,000 pay cut. i work 1 town away from where i live.

winnie410's photo
Thu 05/28/09 06:33 PM
my birthday suit, but its too big. tears slaphead

winnie410's photo
Thu 05/28/09 01:11 PM
thank you eileen. tonite i begin the process with the orientation. should be interesting.

winnie410's photo
Mon 05/25/09 09:22 AM
thank you for the advice. im excited but also a little worried about the kids i will be getting b/c where i teach, i get a lot of foster children in my room and i know the types of problems i am looking at. i deal with it in my classroom but i have never had to deal with it at home. i cant wait, though. thanks again.

winnie410's photo
Fri 05/22/09 09:08 PM
well, my next tattoo is going to be a pink ribbon as a butterfly body with pink and black wings. its for my best friend who made it through breast cancer. wish they were doing this by me.

winnie410's photo
Thu 05/21/09 07:01 PM

i solute you:angel:

thank you!

winnie410's photo
Wed 05/20/09 08:38 PM
I am planning on becoming a foster mom. I already have an 11 y/o son and he loves the idea. I am also a special ed teacher and have lots of experience with foster kids in my area as well as special needs, behaviorally challenged, and abused children. I went to a dinner tonite to honor my best friend's mom for being a foster parent for 17 years.

I know the laws are different in every state, but I was wondering how many foster parents we have here and if any have helpful hints for me.

winnie410's photo
Mon 05/18/09 08:45 PM
u do too have email. :smile: :smile:

winnie410's photo
Mon 05/18/09 08:29 PM
can i be the chick that runs around in high heels and always falls down? (this is a horror movie right?) :wink: :wink:

winnie410's photo
Mon 05/18/09 08:28 PM
please please please please.....post more? like that? lol

winnie410's photo
Mon 05/18/09 08:27 PM

being a schizophrenic with one leg is a b!tch....Yes

rofl rofl rofl rofl

winnie410's photo
Wed 05/06/09 08:15 PM
funny thing is...they have a checklist read off of (after putting a mask on me.) there are the usual questions....have i been to mexico? have i been to texas? have i been near pigs? etc. the weird ques was....am i a victim of abuse or neglect???? what does that have to do with anything? lmao

winnie410's photo
Wed 05/06/09 08:05 PM
i have been extremely sick all week, too and no....its not the swine flu. lol (i know b/c the hospital tested me for it. lol tongue2 )

so i feel your pain. flowers

winnie410's photo
Sat 04/04/09 02:48 PM

Have gun will travel ..........just call me quick draw Mcgraw!!!!

i keep telling you ur name is john....damn alzheimers......did you take your meds?

winnie410's photo
Sat 04/04/09 02:44 PM

I think they should get rid of all the laws that way no one would ever be a criminal. Then I could just shoot all the people that I thing are idiots!!!!!!!!laugh

one flaw in your plan, you would prob be on the top of a lot of other ppls lists....you may not make it far. lmao

winnie410's photo
Sat 04/04/09 02:38 PM

ok, im going to sound like a TOTAL b!tch here, but....good luck on beating the charges???? you did something illegal, you got caught. no pity here. if i add anymore to this post, i'll be getting a lot of hate mail. oh well.

Something isnt necessarily wrong just because the law says so.

Would you also have had no pity for a homosexual going to prison for buggery when it was illegal?

I'll be full of pity if he goes to jail for it.

and the overgeneralizing starts....is "buggery" illegal?

It used to be. At least in my country. My point is, you should make up your own mind on whether something is morally wrong or not, rather than following what the law says.

i do make up my own mind on moral issues....but i also dont break the law b/c i dont want to end up in a situation like our OP. im not going to break the law b/c i dont agree with it. a defense like that will never hold up in court. lol that is why i dont get high or keep illegal firearms in my home. its all about choices. hopefully after this situation pans out, he will stay out of trouble with the law.

Im not talking about the courts, im talking about feeling for the guy if he goes to prison for smoking a joint. To have no pity must mean you think it would be justified. If you think its justified, you need to educate yourself and get with the real world.

for smoking a joint? what about the firearms and the little bag of unidentified substance? if it was just one little joint, it prob wouldnt be jail time....more than likely probation. apparently you need to educate yourself, or at least read entire posts. i have no prob with ppl who partake in weed, but it is illegal. agree with the law or not, doesnt matter. if you get caught, you get arrested. thats why i dont do it.

winnie410's photo
Sat 04/04/09 02:25 PM

***Googles "Buggery"*****noway noway noway

Jeezzzzzzzzzzz It went from a lil dope to bum sex?? WTH??
noway

lmao hey catch! hence the overgeneralizing statement.....

winnie410's photo
Sat 04/04/09 02:22 PM

ok, im going to sound like a TOTAL b!tch here, but....good luck on beating the charges???? you did something illegal, you got caught. no pity here. if i add anymore to this post, i'll be getting a lot of hate mail. oh well.

Would you also have had no pity for a homosexual going to prison for buggery when it was illegal?

It used to be. At least in my country. My point is, you should make up your own mind on whether something is morally wrong or not, rather than following what the law says.

i do make up my own mind on moral issues....but i also dont break the law b/c i dont want to end up in a situation like our OP. im not going to break the law b/c i dont agree with it. a defense like that will never hold up in court. lol that is why i dont get high or keep illegal firearms in my home. its all about choices. hopefully after this situation pans out, he will stay out of trouble with the law.

winnie410's photo
Sat 04/04/09 02:13 PM

winnie410's photo
Sat 04/04/09 02:12 PM

i have my ex's testicles hanging from my rearview....does that count? rofl rofl

I hope they don't block your vision through the windshield.

nah, they're tiny. lol

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25