Community > Posts By > winnie410

winnie410's photo
Thu 08/20/09 07:00 AM

ummm sports players are supposed to set a bigger example than anyone.people can claim that football,baseball,and basketball players aren't Role Models but that is BS!.every kid that plays sports has a pro athlete that they look up to that they want to be like and that is a ROLE MODEL

No. That's not true. They are people. Just like we are.

That huge uproar when Charles Barkely told parents that he wasn't a role model was dead accurate.

Just as no one should be put on a pedestal, sports stars shouldn't be relied upon to be role models for your children.

It puts s level of pressure on the players that many of them are ill equipped to handle.
Well dam now I feel sorry for the bunch of over-paid millionaires!!!!! NOT!!!!!!

First, over paid is a strictly relative term. If you were the CEO of a giant company, and made a few million dollars a year for doing it, would you consider yourself " over paid " and return 85% of your salary??

The people who own the teams that pay these guys don't seem to be doing too much complaining about the players being " over paid ". Especially when they are winning.

Second, just because these guys make a whole lot of money for what they do doesn't mean that parents should look to them to mentor their children.

its not necessarily the parents telling the kids to look up to someone. the kids see a famous player and think "i wanna be like.... when i grow up". i am an eagles fan and my son knows what vick did. we will not wear vick jerseys (my son wouldnt wear one simply b/c he is sickened by what happened, not b/c i said so) but we will still support our team. when vick was signed, my son and i had a talk about what he did and he said he doesnt like him but he hopes he can play good since he is now on our team.

to michelle2you: go hokies!

winnie410's photo
Wed 08/19/09 08:08 PM
i still like the show but i dont watch it as much anymore. steve is hot though. lol and i prefer the original over international. ever watch paranormal state?

winnie410's photo
Wed 08/19/09 07:30 PM
new eagles fight song: who let the dogs out
bring your pet to the linc day is officially cancelled
also cancelled: halftime doggie frisbee catch

im over it. im tired of hearing it. he is here and now we have to deal with it. i wont buy his jersey but i will ALWAYS be an eagles fan. besides, is he good enough to make a difference to the team.

winnie410's photo
Thu 08/13/09 07:45 PM
maybe the fans will throw stuffed dogs on the field. lol

winnie410's photo
Thu 08/13/09 06:16 PM
Edited by winnie410 on Thu 08/13/09 06:17 PM
i am so upset by this. what a pr nightmare!!!! eagles fans are vicious to begin with....we will tear his a$$ up. i used to be a vick fan before all the dog stuff came out b/c he played for va tech and im a tech fan, but please.....not my eagles!!!! sad frustrated rant tears i will be an eagles fan til i die though and i will try to look at the bright side.....he WAS a great player even if he is a loser as a person. look at TO.

jtip, where are you? i want to hear your side of this.

winnie410's photo
Mon 08/03/09 09:59 PM
ok, so what is everyone's take on our defense this year? our defensive coordinator, jim johnson, passed away and bradley is out for the season with a torn acl. do you think mcdermott and the rest of the defense will pick up the slack? i went to flight night on sunday and asante samuel and brian westbrook didnt suit up but westbrook said he should be back soon. and for those of you that didnt (or couldnt) make flight night, it was amazing and tons of fun. my son won an autographed photo.....of aj feeley. LOL

winnie410's photo
Mon 08/03/09 09:52 PM

giants will win the superbowl this yr

BITE YOUR TONGUE!!! GO EAGLES!!!

winnie410's photo
Sat 07/11/09 07:38 PM

The Eagles are okay for a second-favorite team.

They'll always be first for me!

im with you....there is only 1 team for me!!!!

winnie410's photo
Fri 07/10/09 11:24 PM

havent seen it ???

i was watching a movie on vh1 and saw it....ick. lol

winnie410's photo
Fri 07/10/09 11:21 PM
has anyone seen the ads for the TO show? i guess b/c he is such a total a$$hole and no one likes him, they are trying to improve his image. who cares? he is still a loser....a talented, rich loser, but a loser nonetheless. frustrated frustrated

winnie410's photo
Fri 07/10/09 10:34 PM
stole your pic jtip for my facebook profile. lol E-A-G-L-E-S!!!!

winnie410's photo
Mon 07/06/09 08:06 PM
WOO HOO EAGLES!!! going to flight night in august to see the team. sooooo excited.

winnie410's photo
Mon 06/01/09 09:02 PM
put the dirty dishes in the oven, disguise the sex swing as a hanging plant holder, aim webcam at bed, and lock door to dungeon.

rofl rofl rofl rofl

winnie410's photo
Mon 06/01/09 08:59 PM
1. the shoes make our legs look good and we feel sexy. (plus im 4'10", i need the height! lol)slaphead

2. bad lie: did you cheat on me? no
good lie: honey does my butt look big? no, you are beautiful. flowers

3. conga players beat it very well. tongue2

winnie410's photo
Mon 06/01/09 08:53 PM

New Jersey:
where the mosquito is our state bird.

i am my own personal night light due to the nuclear plant in the next town.

biggrin think

How could i forget them?

and of course...."what exit are you?" lol

Exit 10 , Perth Amboy , Woodbridge , Fords , Edison area

exit 1 here. turnpike or 295, same exit.

winnie410's photo
Mon 06/01/09 08:51 PM

I've seen guys pull that crap all the time. Refuse to commit to a relationship but you're still not allowed to see other people. That's just not OK. When it only benefits the other person... it's a red flag.

wow, i know that one! he was history real fast. lol

winnie410's photo
Mon 06/01/09 08:50 PM

New Jersey:

biggrin think

How could i forget them?

and of course...."what exit are you?" lol

winnie410's photo
Mon 06/01/09 08:49 PM
i thought "whats your sign" was just an old 70s pickup line. lol spock spock

winnie410's photo
Mon 06/01/09 08:45 PM
New Jersey:

biggrin think

winnie410's photo
Mon 06/01/09 08:37 PM
well this weekend i am meeting someone and with the weather so beautiful, we are going to meet at a local park, in my town, and have a picnic. i dont like movies for a first date b/c i want to be able to talk.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25