Community > Posts By > screaMNchic

screaMNchic's photo
Sun 08/31/08 11:36 AM

What do you guage fame on? Who to you is the most famous person?

The good things you do and how you can get people to sway and do the right thing..

Dave Matthews.. flowerforyou

screaMNchic's photo
Sun 08/31/08 11:34 AM
dark...

screaMNchic's photo
Sun 08/31/08 11:32 AM
is it sunny in his room?

screaMNchic's photo
Sun 08/31/08 11:16 AM
www.myspace.com/screaMNchic

screaMNchic's photo
Sun 08/31/08 11:12 AM
The Importance of Money

We cannot afford to allow our focus in life to be money. That will not lead us into the abundance we're seeking. Usually, it will not even lead to financial stability.

Money is important. We deserve to be paid what we're worth. We will be paid what we're worth when we believe we deserve to be. But often your plans fail when our primary consideration is money.

What do we really want to do? What do we feel led to do? What are our instincts telling us? What do we feel guided to do? What are we excited about doing? Seek to find a way to do that, without worrying about the money.

Consider the financial aspects. Set boundaries about what you need to be paid. Be reasonable. Expect to start at the bottom and work up. But if you feel led toward a job, go for it.

Is there something we truly don't want to do, something that goes against our grain, but we are trying to force ourselves into it "for the money"? Usually, that's a behavior that backfires. It doesn't work. We make ourselves miserable, and the money usually goes wrong too.

Money is a consideration, but it cannot be our primary consideration if we are seeking spiritual security and peace of mind.

Today, I will make money a consideration, but I will not allow it to become my primary consideration. God, help me be true to myself and trust that the money will follow.

screaMNchic's photo
Wed 08/20/08 11:03 PM
so nobody here likes DMB???

wow...

anyway, this gave me chills..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSUJwQSiAGc

screaMNchic's photo
Wed 08/20/08 12:02 PM
I just received the news of the passing of LeRoi Moore saxophonist for Dave Matthews - I am in shock and very saddened for the loss of an amazing musician...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSUJwQSiAGc

LOS ANGELES - LeRoi Moore, the versatile saxophonist whose signature staccato fused jazz and funk overtones onto the eclectic sound of the Dave Matthews Band, died Tuesday of complications from injuries he suffered in an all-terrain vehicle accident, the band said. He was 46.
ADVERTISEMENT

Moore died at Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center, where he was admitted with complications that arose weeks after the June 30 wreck, according to a statement on the band's Web site. It did not specify what led to his death, and nursing supervisor Galina Shinder said the hospital could not release details.

On June 30, Moore crashed his ATV on his farm outside Charlottesville, Va., but was discharged and returned to his Los Angeles home to begin physical therapy. Complications forced him back to the hospital on July 17, the band said.

The band went on with its show Tuesday night at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, where lead singer Dave Matthews dedicated the entire show to Moore.

"It's always easier to leave than be left," Matthews told the crowd, according to Ambrosia Healy, the band's publicist. "We appreciate you all being here."

Saxophonist Jeff Coffin, who played with Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, had been sitting in for Moore during the band's summer tour.

Moore, who wore dark sunglasses at the bands' many live concerts, had classical training but said jazz was his main musical influence, according to a biography on the band's Web site.

"But at this stage I don't really consider myself a jazz musician," Moore said in the biography. Playing with the Dave Matthews Band was "almost better than a jazz gig," he said. "I have plenty of space to improvise, to try new ideas."

Lead singer Dave Matthews credited Moore with arranging many of his songs, which combine Cajun fiddle-playing, African-influenced rhythms and Matthews' playful but haunting voice.

The band formed in 1991 in Charlottesville, Va., when Matthews was working as a bartender. He gave a demo tape of his songs to Moore, who liked what he heard and recruited his friend and fellow jazzman Carter Beauford to play drums, and other musicians.

The group broke out of the local music scene with the album "Under the Table and Dreaming." The band won a Grammy Award in 1997 for its hit song "So Much to Say" off its second album "Crash." Other hits include "What Would You Say," "Crash Into Me" and "Satellite."

Fans who attended Tuesday's concert expressed sadness over Moore's death and concern about the band's future without him. "LeRoi was just super important to the band," Shawn Harrington said before the concert. "That's how the band came to be."

___

screaMNchic's photo
Tue 08/19/08 03:45 PM
experiments?? sounds scary..

I was gestationally diabetic with my 2 older boys and with my 3rd son was in the best shape of my life so it was not an issue-

My biggest fear is being at the grocery store and not having a clue what to buy- I am sick of cottage cheese and lean meat... I wish I could have a chip... just one? LOL..

screaMNchic's photo
Tue 08/19/08 01:00 AM
freak on a leash in my pants

screaMNchic's photo
Tue 08/19/08 12:30 AM
ok, my dad panicked and said I was off the charts etc...

thank you

screaMNchic's photo
Tue 08/19/08 12:24 AM
I am exhausted and get really shaky and sick when I do not eat- my BS was 186 2 hours after I ate- so is this bad?

screaMNchic's photo
Tue 08/19/08 12:00 AM
I am looking for any advice on diabetes as far as how to know if you are a diabetic when you do not have health ins.

Does anyone know any good websites for eating better etc?

screaMNchic's photo
Thu 08/14/08 11:39 AM
we have a long way to go....

screaMNchic's photo
Thu 08/14/08 11:38 AM
I do not understand how anyone could be that cruel to a child... some people should not have children....how sad and I am glad thye have you in their lives...

screaMNchic's photo
Thu 08/14/08 11:36 AM
it depends on the maturity level of the one who REALLY likes the other...

screaMNchic's photo
Thu 08/14/08 11:33 AM
the pool

screaMNchic's photo
Thu 08/14/08 11:32 AM
lion tamer

screaMNchic's photo
Thu 08/14/08 11:27 AM
the best advice I got from an attorney was "it's not the divorce that will affect the kids but the way you get along"

I get along with my ex so well that now that I live in another state and I visit often he allows me to stay with him and this weekend my current bf and I are traveling there and staying with him- he is a great Dad and a wonderful friend

screaMNchic's photo
Thu 08/14/08 11:19 AM
Edited by screaMNchic on Thu 08/14/08 11:24 AM
I'm sorry- actually the good news is that I am packed and ready to go back ot my home state of Minnesota today and to celebrate my sons and my birthday - I am happy to bealive another year and to have such great family...thats my good news

screaMNchic's photo
Thu 08/14/08 11:17 AM
I do not know you but as a rescuer of feral dogs I had noticed your screen name....

So Happy Birthday Feralcatlady.....

flowerforyou

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 23 24