Community > Posts By > jtip1977

jtip1977's photo
Fri 01/29/16 11:20 AM
I'm rooting for Denver all the way!

But I think Carolina is going to win.......

Hope I'm wrong - GO BRONCOS!

jtip1977's photo
Thu 01/28/16 12:18 PM
hi

jtip1977's photo
Thu 01/28/16 12:16 PM
I know the Amish are great farmers, and I like turtles

jtip1977's photo
Thu 01/28/16 06:38 AM
Love is a lot like indigestion, it doesn't show up on X-rays, but you know it's there

jtip1977's photo
Wed 01/27/16 12:01 PM
Did you ever think that maybe it was an episode of "What Would You DO" And if it was an episode of that show, I hate to break it to you dude, but you failed by not doing anything about it....

jtip1977's photo
Wed 01/27/16 11:59 AM
I like turtles

jtip1977's photo
Wed 01/27/16 11:24 AM

I don't discriminate. I love women with or without the six pack....but it better be good beer. laugh

I was going to say the same thing - haha

jtip1977's photo
Wed 01/27/16 06:57 AM
I want to know why she doesn't understand me? I'm easy...laugh

jtip1977's photo
Tue 01/26/16 06:36 AM
I like turtles

jtip1977's photo
Mon 01/25/16 11:46 AM
I like turtles

jtip1977's photo
Fri 01/22/16 10:23 AM

Pacific Star - thank you for your response. Although the kids are not harmed in any way. They are very smart and do not miss school. They are up to date with all shots, etc. Very healthy. The drinking and pain meds aren't at that type of abuse. The kids are not affected by it. That's one thing that is done right. The kids. Both parents are very good with them and they are NEVER in a car with someone under the influence. They are fed and the house does not look like hoarders at all. This is more on a personal level with him and her. He definitely keeps her grounded. And he definitely picks up the slack (don't know why you doubted that????) The kids are not harmed in any way. They are very happy kids and are taken care of very very well. Just want everyone to know that.

Well that is excellent news that it is not as bad it could be but don't kid yourself that is what is coming without intervention. I have seen families crumble really fast while still "appearing" to be functioning. Kids and adults in treatment call it "the Pretty Little Lie" it is so common. Actually the families that are hardest to treat are the ones that have friends, family, and even each other that are ignoring, minimizing, excusing, and saying "it really isn't that bad?" until a more profound reason makes them have a heads up.

Your friend knows something is seriously wrong or he would not be turning to you for help. He may be running as fast as he can to keep up but eventually things are going to explode and two innocents are going to be in such misery it is truly going to hurt your friend terribly. P.S. I promise you they are hurting the kids and the kids do know what is going on. Even third graders know you don't mix booze and pain meds. And if you are even remotely thinking she is NOT driving under the influence then you are way less smart than I give you credit for being. I get you like this person, maybe even both of them but you are as much in denial as they are.

You seem to know more about the situation than I do. I thank you for your comments and input, but you are gravely mistaken with a few of your thoughts. Thank you for questioning my ideals and beliefs and belittling me. You are very wrong though.

jtip1977's photo
Fri 01/22/16 09:51 AM
Pacific Star - thank you for your response. Although the kids are not harmed in any way. They are very smart and do not miss school. They are up to date with all shots, etc. Very healthy. The drinking and pain meds aren't at that type of abuse. The kids are not affected by it. That's one thing that is done right. The kids. Both parents are very good with them and they are NEVER in a car with someone under the influence. They are fed and the house does not look like hoarders at all. This is more on a personal level with him and her. He definitely keeps her grounded. And he definitely picks up the slack (don't know why you doubted that????) The kids are not harmed in any way. They are very happy kids and are taken care of very very well. Just want everyone to know that.

jtip1977's photo
Fri 01/22/16 08:52 AM
The detox was tried before....but didn't last unfortunately. When she got out of there, she was actually quite awesome....but she went back to the crap.

The (step)son will always be in "chucks" life....that's a given.

As for documenting everything, this has been done but he would never want to take them out of her life....she is very good to her kids - except for the fact that she cannot kick this habit. With him there, he can still kind of keep it on a tamer level.....if he were to leave, he would be scared of it getting way out of control which could have detrimental consequences towards the kids.....

Thank you guys for your input!

jtip1977's photo
Fri 01/22/16 08:03 AM
I have this friend....let's call him Chuck. Well, Chuck is with a girl and they've been together for quite a few years. Not married but I guess you could consider them common law. Any way, she's a nice girl...sometimes. See, she drinks a lot and abuses pain meds. He likes to have a few beers once in a while but he is very clean....doesn't get into any of that stuff. He's tried and tried to help her get herself clean but she just won't do it. She always promises stuff but never completes any of those promises. Anyway, he is pretty fed up and as time has gone by, he has lost any spark that he once had with her. But he does love her, just not in love with her. He wants to help her but hates living with her and seeing what she does all the time. Here is the kicker....he would've been gone a while ago if it weren't for the fact that they have a kid together and he doesn't want to hurt the boy at all. Also, this girl has another son from a previous relationship and the father of that boy died when the boy was very young. So "Chuck" has moved into the father role for this boy and has become very close to him. He doesn't consider him a stepson - that is his boy! If you ask me, he's in a tough situation - I never know what to say to him when he vents to me about it. He's a really good hearted guy who would do anything for anyone and always has....he never thinks of himself but right now, he's not happy. Except for his kids, he's very sad.....

Any suggestions?

I know - a long one!!

jtip1977's photo
Fri 01/22/16 06:12 AM
I like turtles

jtip1977's photo
Fri 01/22/16 05:50 AM

Haven't been on in a while..............everything looks different. I'm scared.....all my old friends are gone. sad

Welcome back! waving
Now, tell us about the good old days when your friends were here.

My long lost friends from the good old days...haha.

Well, we had a blast on here.....joking around, being serious...whatever. They helped me through a tough time in my life - and they never even knew it. haha

Now most of them are deactivated....and the ones that aren't deactivated haven't been active for a while..... oh well.

I was just curious to see who was still around and to jump into the forums a little bit...... I might pop in from time to time....so lookout and bewarepitchfork

jtip1977's photo
Fri 01/22/16 05:43 AM
Sounds like no matter what suggestions are made, you have an excuse why that suggestion will not work. You have a tough decision on your hands.....good luck

jtip1977's photo
Thu 01/21/16 12:18 PM
laugh nice

jtip1977's photo
Thu 01/21/16 12:16 PM
Smart women in here smile2

jtip1977's photo
Thu 01/21/16 12:01 PM

I'm here but I don't have car I have only love heart for you

How can anyone pass that up????laugh

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25