Community > Posts By > Turtlepoet78

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sat 01/19/08 12:28 PM

None of the democratic candidates have the courage to speak their true convictions to the American public. They say what they think you want to hear. The problem is not everyone wants to here the same message. Thats why you see them flip flop so much on issues. Obama is no exception. I know all I need to know about the man. He is a liberal... will say anything to get elected.

Republicans do the exact same thing, though the dems have a few good examples of being consistant and true to conviction, mainly Kucinich & Gravel. There are liberal republicans & conservative democrats, but I refuse to vote on partisonship, I stick with the issues and where the candidate stands on them. Conservative on some things, liberal on others is where I stand;^]

Bravo! I agree completely. I am across the board on issues as well. drinker drinker drinker drinker

I always wondered why people vote for party affiliation, seems a bit like picking your "click" in high school..lol;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sat 01/19/08 12:26 PM
Of course, I'm still gonna support Obama, I'm just sick of all the talking of Reagan like he was some kind of God. May have been a good communicator but that don't make his thievery or his bigotry right;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sat 01/19/08 12:22 PM

None of the democratic candidates have the courage to speak their true convictions to the American public. They say what they think you want to hear. The problem is not everyone wants to here the same message. Thats why you see them flip flop so much on issues. Obama is no exception. I know all I need to know about the man. He is a liberal... will say anything to get elected.

Republicans do the exact same thing, though the dems have a few good examples of being consistant and true to conviction, mainly Kucinich & Gravel. There are liberal republicans & conservative democrats, but I refuse to vote on partisonship, I stick with the issues and where the candidate stands on them. Conservative on some things, liberal on others is where I stand;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sat 01/19/08 11:41 AM
Well, are they allowed to hang Kwanzaa decorations? Kids can pray & talk religion in school all they want, the school just can't sponsor it. Christians still get favoritism from government which we shouldn't. I'm wanting though to see some record of these events you're claiming;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sat 01/19/08 11:29 AM
I'd have to see it to believe it, though I have heard of people having to take down lights because of the epelptic population, but that's another story. Still, even if true that's a specific issue & doesn't have anything to do with church & state, that's a personal freedom, free speech issue;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sat 01/19/08 11:16 AM

sick of the politics isnt there other things happening in the news besides poll numbers

c'mon, it's primary season, political discussions are a given;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sat 01/19/08 11:15 AM
Where are these people being prevented from displaying on their own private property? Sorry, but I haven't heard any evidance of that, if so I would fight it. But it sounds a bit of a stretch;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sat 01/19/08 11:12 AM
Obama praising Ronald Reagan? Reagan was a hack, taking credit for other peoples work while referring to Nelson Mandelas movement as "terrorists". Ok, so maybe he's trying to pick up republican votes, but c'mon, Reagan?;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sat 01/19/08 10:48 AM

I'm not saying there should be NO separation. Theocratic gov'ts are not a good thing at all. All I'm trying to say is the gov't seems to put Christianity on the back burner while allowing more freedom of other religions

How about some examples? Are there some school sponsored covens I don't know about? I have yet to see any non christian religion recieve any more special treatment than us christians, in fact we still get more preferance treatment than other religions in government. I have yet to see a legitamite claim to opression against christians coming from the government in the US;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sat 01/19/08 08:39 AM
I haven't met anyone in person here, though I am a bit socialy inept. But there's too many possible influencing factors to say that they must be misrepresenting themselves, though clearly we do have some fakers;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sat 01/19/08 08:31 AM

hehe, well it's still a few months down the road for cafe herme, so I might still end up recording it with a few other songs & give away cd's at the event. I gotta concentrate first on the st. patties dance (I'm the official DJ now) coming up in march, but hopefuly there will be enough time after. Recording is the easy part, mastering is the real pain in the butt..lol;^]

Yea, well I wish you luck. And God bless

Thanks, one love & God bless;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sat 01/19/08 08:23 AM
hehe, well it's still a few months down the road for cafe herme, so I might still end up recording it with a few other songs & give away cd's at the event. I gotta concentrate first on the st. patties dance (I'm the official DJ now) coming up in march, but hopefuly there will be enough time after. Recording is the easy part, mastering is the real pain in the butt..lol;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sat 01/19/08 08:15 AM

So AWESOME! Thank you for posting turtle!
~blessings~

Thanks, am happy to share.

Suzanne, I've thought about that but there aren't many christian stations around here. I will be playing it live at the local clubhouse though next time they put on cafe herme for social program;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sat 01/19/08 08:10 AM
I prefer a strong, independant woman myself. Don't really care how confidant she is so long as she's intelligent and independant;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sat 01/19/08 08:07 AM
Thanks, one of these days I'm gonna get around to actualy recording it...lol;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sat 01/19/08 08:03 AM

Death penalty is the only thing criminals really fear.

From someone who's been there, trust me that's pretty far from the truth;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sat 01/19/08 08:01 AM
Thanks Rapunzel for the wonderful lyrics posted, here's a song I wrote a couple years back;^]

My life was dark & cold~
Lord I feared I'd sold my soul
But then I found a man~
And with love he took me by the hand
Though satans still on my trail~
But as always the light it shall prevail
Now the burdens not much to bare~
Open up your hearts & let Jesus know you care

Jesus walks~
To free your wicked hearts
And just as Jesus walks~
Open your wicked hearts

Open up your ears & hear my voice~
Look in the mirror, smile & rejoice
Come forth pray & flourish in faith~
For the day after today,
~You've waited too late

Lord I feel that I'm not worthy~
But yet and still you saved me
From the suffering which tempts me~
Though I fall so short of your glory

Jesus Walks....

You can never be forsaken~
Once you've seen that light transcending
Oh, can't you feel your hearts opening~
I feel, I feel so forgiving

'Cause Jesus walks...

In Jesus name I pray~
So that satans hands won't lead me astray
Come forth pray & flourish in faith~
For the day after today is a day waited too late..

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sat 01/19/08 07:31 AM
Edited by Turtlepoet78 on Sat 01/19/08 07:32 AM

Which miracle in the Bible gives you most comfort?

For me the miracles that were of healing, and reference to faith seem to be most moving to my heart. Though the walking on water was pretty incredible... :heart: :smile:

Definatly the exodus from Egypt. For Jesus' miracles I have to agree with Suzanne;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sat 01/19/08 07:24 AM
"Life, Liberty & The Pursuit of Happiness" are inalienable rights. The death penalty is clearly unconstitutional;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sat 01/19/08 07:16 AM
Masterbation may be a sin, but no man or woman can live sin free, even after being saved do we sin. God forgives us our sin with dedication and faithfulness. Of course that doesn't mean throw caution to the wind, but it's not something to beat yourself up over either. According to some obscure texts, sex before marriage isn't considered a big deal either;^]

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next