Community > Posts By > Turtlepoet78

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sat 12/20/08 04:56 PM
True, normaly I'd be invisble at work, but damn Tricore is messin' with my body. Think I might need ta order a woman..lol..jk;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sat 12/20/08 04:50 PM
I'm used to it by now, I'm prolly the only invisble man that can be seen with the naked eye..lol. Guess it's the luck of the Irish in reverse;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sat 12/20/08 04:33 PM
lol.. Not ta worry, I'm strictly chickly.

hehe, guess I'm not so popular these days, must be the hat..lol;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sat 12/20/08 03:46 PM
Harrisonburg here;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sat 12/20/08 03:44 PM
Hadn't posted here in ages, so I thought I'd pop in & see how everyone's doin. Sooo, how are ya?;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sat 08/23/08 08:57 AM

My preference was Chuck Hagel, a Republican. I really want to see "a different kind of politics" be more than rhetoric.

I wouldn't mind seeing a bi partisan ticket, but not just for the sake of having one. On my humble, you'd be hard pressed to find a man as qualified as Biden, democrat republican or independant;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sat 08/23/08 04:25 AM
This is great, Biden was my first choice of the dems. before the primaries. I'm betting Mccain just shat on himself;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Wed 08/13/08 10:06 AM
I still say for a cheap guitar start off with Ibanez, walmart & target sold guitars usualy have incredibaly difficult neck action, anything by Rogue is junk and so are the cheaper Epiphone SG's (Epiphone Les Pauls are ok but they go out of tune easy). Squier and Ibanez are the only cheap guitars I'll trust. Also one big thing you'll want to note is pickups, single coils (like on a strat) have a real twangy sound while humbuckers have a more rich, full bodied tone (I much prefer humbuckers). Of course, I've been playing 16 years so I'm a little picky about my guitars..lol.

btw, here is a link to the cheapest variax model I could find, just to give you an idea on it's capabilities;^]

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-Variax-600-Guitar?sku=511673

Turtlepoet78's photo
Wed 08/13/08 09:51 AM
If you want versatility you may want to look at the Line 6 Variax series, with the workbench software you'll have an aresonal of differant guitars and tones all in one guitar. I don't have one myself but have played a friends & it was awesome, all it needs now is midi capability for soft synths (that would kick much arse). If you want something cheaper I'd take a look at some Ibanez models, I have a $200 Ibanez Gio and it's just as good as most $500 guitars;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 06/01/08 10:34 AM
I'll still be here working, summer brings alot of business to us DJs;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 06/01/08 10:19 AM
No prob. & thanks, I'll prolly dissapear again once the week hits, so little time..lol;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 06/01/08 10:17 AM

rednecks 'n bikers 'n hippies 'n suits
America at its best...God bless us bigsmile

hehe, that's one of my favorite things about NY, so much diversity;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 06/01/08 10:15 AM

Oh, almost forgot a few other important ones..lol. The Epic Of Gilgamesh, Egyptian Book Of The Dead & the Tibetan Book Of The Dead;^]
Set aside plenty of time for the Tibetan Book of the Dead...takes a bit more time to get through than War and Peace. laugh laugh

The Egyption Book Of The Dead too, it's fairly confusing 'till you get used to it. I had a hard time with the Qu'ran at first too having to read from back to front..lol;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 06/01/08 10:12 AM
Weird...lol. I got to hang out with a few of my cousins and that was pretty cool. This morning the DJ software I use (virtual dj) released a new version, so I'm looking forward to taking it for a spin once my pot of coffee hits bottom;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 06/01/08 10:08 AM
Oh, almost forgot a few other important ones..lol. The Epic Of Gilgamesh, Egyptian Book Of The Dead & the Tibetan Book Of The Dead;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 06/01/08 10:05 AM

Bible, Koran, Book of Mormon and the Tao Te Ching are always good places to start. happy

Don't forget the Torah;^]
Slipped my mind along with about 454566754 others. Sorry. flowerforyou

hehe, no biggieflowerforyou

I also recommend The Acts Of Peter, The Book Of Enoch, and The Dead Sea Scrolls;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 06/01/08 10:01 AM

Bible, Koran, Book of Mormon and the Tao Te Ching are always good places to start. happy

Don't forget the Torah;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 06/01/08 09:48 AM
http://www.smallblue-greenworld.co.uk/pages/macintosh.html

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 06/01/08 09:45 AM
Better to have one just to be safe. Just stay away from Norton (resource hog). I'm not a MAC user, but I know there have been a very few virus' written for MAC. Not nearly at as much risk as PC, still better to be safe, firewall too;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 06/01/08 09:35 AM
lol.. You'd be hard pressed to find ways to describe me as a redneck, the way I grew up was hip hop. hehe, that was a fun night that pic was taken;^]

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25