Community > Posts By > Turtlepoet78

Turtlepoet78's photo
Thu 02/21/08 04:41 PM
I give up, believe what you want, I'm an american fammiliar with american history, this was taught in school. Thank god for the ACLU;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Thu 02/21/08 04:35 PM

And your experiance with the ACLU is?;^]

they are on the news all the time...do I need to be one of their poster clients to know what they are all about?

and here's an example....noway

ACLU Applauds Repeal of Anti-Immigrant Ordinance in Riverside, N.J.
The ACLU praised the Riverside, N.J., township council for voting to repeal an unlawful ordinance that would have punished landlords and employers for renting to or employing individuals it classified as "illegal" immigrants.
> ACLU Applauds Repeal of Anti-Immigrant Ordinance in Riverside, N.J.

all the aclu can do is bring the case b4 the court

the court makes the ruling

what part of this do you not understand

Interesting "all about them" is only based on a couple cases..lmao;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Thu 02/21/08 04:31 PM
The three civil rights workers were working under an investigation request from the ACLU. The ACLU was a huge assett to the civil rights movement. The FBI was involved AFTER the three civil rights workers were killed;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Thu 02/21/08 04:20 PM
http://crime.about.com/od/history/p/ms_burn.htm

Turtlepoet78's photo
Thu 02/21/08 04:13 PM

You only look stupid when you get caught talking about something you know nothing about;^]

well I think that it was the FBI who investigated the church burnings....

Maybe you just don't understand because you're observing from a distance. See Mississipi Burning;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Thu 02/21/08 04:12 PM
Heh, I wouldn't fret it, you've been one of the sweetest peeps I've met on here so far. Most people unfortunatly are genuine asses, don't let em get to you too bad;^]flowerforyou flowerforyou

Turtlepoet78's photo
Thu 02/21/08 04:08 PM

Bush was not elected in .. he stole the election using his brothers state to have chad problems ..

Bush was elected fairly. All of the recounts showed this. In fact, after the recounts (wherein Democrats were caught cheating...one was eatting the chads) Bush had won by a slightly larger margin.

Imagine this...anti-Bush sources report that he was cheating!
Pro-Bush sources report that the dems were cheating!

No one will ever really know what happened.

No, but they shouldn't have stopped the florida recount after just 3 counties either way;^]

All votes were recounted. Gore's team sued in three counties, where the majority of people were democrats, they specifically didn't want a full recount. Gore's team fought to prevent the counting of ballots from deployed soldiers, because the ballots were received late. When the final recount was done, Bush won. A full recount was done by several news organizations and they all found that Bush won.

http://www.usnews.com/articles/news/politics/2008/01/17/the-legacy-of-hanging-chads.html

As I said, either way it should have continued;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Thu 02/21/08 04:02 PM

they are on the news all the time...do I need to be one of their poster clients to know what they are all about?

Well I have been a client, they have done tons of good in the states here. But I guess when they investigated the KKK for burning occupied churches in missisipi they must've been wrong there too, even though those three civil rights workers layed down their lives. You only look stupid when you get caught talking about something you know nothing about;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Thu 02/21/08 03:55 PM

The ACLU is the National Enquirer in the legal world...they make ambulance chasing lawyers look like respectable people..laugh

Turtlepoet78's photo
Thu 02/21/08 03:37 PM

Mccains stance on immigration is one of the things I like about him, though I think pathway to citisenship should be more leniant;^]

Do you like the one of the past or the one of resent???????

I like the idea of granting them citisenship, only I want it without back taxes, fines or touchbacks. I want to reward those who did whatever it took to feed their families with what they really want, citisenship;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Thu 02/21/08 03:35 PM

Bush was not elected in .. he stole the election using his brothers state to have chad problems ..

Bush was elected fairly. All of the recounts showed this. In fact, after the recounts (wherein Democrats were caught cheating...one was eatting the chads) Bush had won by a slightly larger margin.

Imagine this...anti-Bush sources report that he was cheating!
Pro-Bush sources report that the dems were cheating!

No one will ever really know what happened.

No, but they shouldn't have stopped the florida recount after just 3 counties either way;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Thu 02/21/08 03:33 PM

Just look at John Nash, this guy was pure genius yet if his wife hadn't stepped in when he started spinning out of control he may have not survived long enough to win that Nobel prize. Interesting though to note he was in a dellusional state when he figured out the governing dynamics theory, these dellusions though were at their worst after the fact;^]

If it wasnt for the "mentally ill" there wouldnt exist the great art that we have today...imagine Michael Angelo today, he'd be on thorazine painting happy faces on the Sisten Chapel or VanGough...with his schizoid disorder, pump him full of drugs and you got nothing. Arrogance of the sane deciding what is "best" for the insane. If they are not hurting others let them live their lives in peace...

True to a point, but I know for myself that there were times I needed intervention as I was a threat to myself. But for the most part, it's definatly a stigma attached;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Thu 02/21/08 03:29 PM

Well certainly its nothing I would do to myself, however this doesnt necessarily mean the woman is mentally ill...maybe it would be a good idea to include mental evaluations before allowing some one to commit to such radical surgery, however Im wondering about the "doctor" that was willing to do this to her.
I guess for the right price you can have anything done to yourself.
Maybe the thread should have focused on the ethics (or lack of) plastic surgeons who perform these surgeries...hmmmm, Michael Jackson just popped into my head for some strange reason....

Good point;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Thu 02/21/08 03:28 PM
Mccains stance on immigration is one of the things I like about him, though I think pathway to citisenship should be more leniant;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Thu 02/21/08 03:22 PM
Just look at John Nash, this guy was pure genius yet if his wife hadn't stepped in when he started spinning out of control he may have not survived long enough to win that Nobel prize. Interesting though to note he was in a dellusional state when he figured out the governing dynamics theory, these dellusions though were at their worst after the fact;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Thu 02/21/08 03:17 PM

i do not believe in "race". biologically, it doesn't exist...

we have different cultures in america, but we are all human beings.

maybe my background makes me see things a bit differently...but i'm feeling literally ill at a few responses.

I agree with lulu. The lines between the races are getting blurrier all the time. At some point we as a nation are going to realize how ridiculous it is to try to categorize people by race. Most of us are a mixture of many different ethnicities. You can't just check one box.

<---------- Irish/ Scotch/ German/ English/ Hebrew/ Chickasaw American;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Thu 02/21/08 03:15 PM

Could they...should they do it over?

I'm on the fence with that, on one hand everybodys voice should be heard, on the other a decision is a decision. But it may cost them in the general if they don't do it over;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Thu 02/21/08 03:13 PM

whoops. my bad. carry on good sir.

lol.. It's all good, I just brought up the democrat thing as a random fact. I get pretty bad with that sometimes..lol;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Thu 02/21/08 03:04 PM
I was referring to nrthn_ynkee, but you're right they have changed, conservatives are supposed to be those who conserve (which most claim to do but don't);^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Thu 02/21/08 03:01 PM

What's with all "should the mentaly ill?" threads? Do you mean those deemed incompedant?;^]

Somebody copied me.

Ahhh, that was just a bad thread (the other one) to come home too. We face discrimination everywhere we go, regardless a number of great americans were mentaly ill. Oh well, I'll keep fighting the good fight..lol;^]

I have several mentally ill people in my family and I know that sometimes they must be protected from themselves. The laws make it hard to do. When my mother decided that she was the virgin Mary, my step-father couldn't legally stop her from running off to Arizona to live with the "Indians" to wait for God to come and marry her. Months later she came home, but she could have been robbed, raped or murdered and there was nothing we could do. The only option the law gives is to have someone commited and my step-father won't do that, even to save my mother from herself. This whole topic of protecting the mentally ill from themselves is important to me. I know that it can be seen as a slippery slope, but I think something has to be done in this area.

Yes, but there has to be a careful balance. When someone becomes dellusional, as I have in the past, you're right, they must be protected. My problem is, there's a mentality that we can't do anything productive, have valid opinions, or are always unable to make our own choices. But yeah, getting surgery to look like a cat might be a little far, that's tricky;^]

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25