Community > Posts By > teadipper

teadipper's photo
Sat 06/22/13 02:30 PM

I'm out of steam. It is just a method for awareness of a problem. Alcohol and drug abuse is enough of an issue to stage a car wreck with dead students at a high school.
Some people will not voluntarily walk in to treatment(of any sort) but seeing it on the street on the way to the bank may give that person some pause.

Yes addiction, drugs, etc. is a terrible problem.

Don't know if a 'walk' will do much to make people aware of it, but its your idea, so you should run with it. Organize it!

To teadipper:

If I had a friend who was a drug dealer who had that kind of disregard for people I would reexamine my friend list.

Then I would see what I could do to put him out of business.

LOL. AS OPPOSED TO A DRUG DEALER WHO HOLDS PEOPLE IN REALLY HIGH REGARD?? LOL.

I have not seen him since high school. Though I did pull up his record and he was busted for one count of altering a license plate. That's it.

Now I am having visions of the inebriated walk. Take a bunch of people and force them to walk heel toe for charity.

teadipper's photo
Sat 06/22/13 02:21 PM

You crack me up JM.

teadipper's photo
Sat 06/22/13 02:08 PM
So I know many of you that I know have been fed the same line by both men and women, "I am so fed up with dating. If I can't make it work with you, I give up. I am not dating anymore"!! To which I say, "Ya right and monkeys might fly out of my butt"! to quote Wayne's World.

I dated a guy who was fine at first be rapidly became an azz. In about a hour's span, both of his ex wives and his grown daughter were on the phone screaming at him that he was a total jerk and worse. Based on my experience with him, this was not unfounded. He turned to me and was going off on how they were so evil, I said, "Maybe it's you....."

Do you know someone who is always going off on the wrongs of their exes and fails to see it may be themselves (don't count me because I know I am messed up LOL)??

teadipper's photo
Sat 06/22/13 01:34 PM
http://shine.yahoo.com/photos/the-weirdest-looks-from-london-men-s-fashion-week-slideshow/

OMG!! LMAO!!

teadipper's photo
Sat 06/22/13 12:18 PM

I am sorry I even mentioned AA. This is not about AA since some have obtained sobriety, yes SOBRIETY without AA. This is about people who are happy to be sober.

Well for what it's worth, I am in the same boat with you and would walk with you.

teadipper's photo
Sat 06/22/13 12:14 PM
I am not knocking AA. It works for a lot of people but not everyone who got sober is in AA or even belongs in AA. If there was sobriety walk and it was generalized, I would go or at least sponsor someone. I have had people say I was a binge drinker. At very far apart intervals and not very much alcohol at a time (maybe two bottles of girly flavored malt liquor at most i.e. Boone Farms) in one night, I feel I need alcohol out of my life. I have never been one of those do anything to get it. Wreck my life over it, etc. types. BUT I recognized early on before it became a problem that I had no business doing it. I have read the AA Big Book. I have attended meetings in LA with a boyfriend. I see commonalities between how the people I met started and where I COULD end up if I did not stop, so I stopped.

I never did drugs because a friend mine was a drug dealer. I think I have quoted him before. He said, "Drugs are for the weak and stupid .....and I don't mind exploiting them". He taught me drugs were NOT okay. And to only get stoned on known stuff with a known person for safety reasons if I was going to. I never did. And I know people don't like my harsh stance on weed but I had a freaking drug dealer friend who would NEVER EVER get high and drive. NOT calling anyone weak or stupid. Not saying ANYONE cannot smoke week or drink. Just saying I choose not to have it in my life.

teadipper's photo
Sat 06/22/13 12:00 PM
I just wanted to throw this in there and see what you guys thought. A woman I worked with, worshiped a guy who started a religion when his dog, Bootsie, died and he laid on the couch for like over a week with no food or water watching t.v. and then some higher power came to him, blah blah blah. He was originally known as Bubba Free John. He changed that name. I knew two women who joined this err..religion with their husbands, giving all material things up to their leader. The only way you ascended in this religion was to have sex with the leader. I know some of you are screaming that it's a cult not a religion. Well, that's arguable. At least to the women I knew.

I think they were following a crazy person. And as a pedigreed crazy person, I have mental dar. Gays have Gaydare. Mentally ill people have mental dar. I have found many fundamentalists make my mental dar go BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP!!!

Also, there is this famous joke that was popular in the beach community where I lived because we have so many homeless watching around arguing with themselves.

How do you know that the guy screaming:

"No, no, I will not!! You can't make me!! GO AWAY"!!!

Is not the next Messiah and God is talking to him and he doesn't want to do it??

teadipper's photo
Fri 06/21/13 07:32 PM

I have recently come across an middle aged woman who is totally dependant on her husband. She had marital problems all through her life. And unfortunately her children have now left her. She is still with her husband and cannot leave him at this age. While talking to her.. I always find that she takes every topic diverted to her husband and the unhappy relationship somehow.. and then explains her unhappy conjugal life/betrayal in love etc etc.. its a kind of very irritating some times.. but sometimes i feel sorry for her. cant suggest her any psychologist because she thinks she is perfectly all right.. psychologist is a doc for mad people lol. but really feel sorry for her. anybody any idea what should be done here other than asking her to move out.. because she cant do that!

Maybe you need to play that song for her:

IT'S YOUR LIFE! IT'S NOW OR NEVER.

teadipper's photo
Fri 06/21/13 07:24 PM

I am about to give up on this crap. after a couple years or so of this stuff I am starting to think there is no hope. The women I have met have lied or misrepresented themselves to be somthing or someone they are not. I am not even sure if this artical is within the rules and regulations I have read at the start of this thing. anyone else feel this way ? or even better yet, anyone got a better way ?

Well at 63, you have narrowed the scope to skinny woman within 50 miles of you who like Bob Dylan..... Uh ya, that kind of makes it hard.... Not bagging on you... Just saying.... I can recommend other sites which are free that have err... shall we say faster results and closer people BUT like a bad sci fi movie, you pay a dear dear price. No not scammers from foreign lands. People who have no interest in getting to know you. They just want to meet you, jump in bed, and hope for the best or they are gold diggers.

teadipper's photo
Fri 06/21/13 07:19 PM

Slowly changing your eating habits is a great way to start being healthier . . . Make one positive change or good food choice each day, before long your reaching for water instead of soda out of habit.

I get key limes at the 99 Cent Only store and put them in ice water. YUM.

teadipper's photo
Fri 06/21/13 07:17 PM
"Ignore the cat whose trying to annoy me"....oh, you meant computer game....

teadipper's photo
Fri 06/21/13 07:16 PM
My ex husband's mother is 18 years younger than his father so it's the reverse BUT they have been together for going on 50 years.

teadipper's photo
Fri 06/21/13 07:14 PM
Tell him, "Terri says you can bite her ample lily white American azz"!!!

teadipper's photo
Fri 06/21/13 07:12 PM
You want women to want you for sex??? Post clear attractive pictures of what you look like. Nobody gets all into you from a fuzzy hazy photo. Also your profile is not really a turn out. It's just that you want sex which the sex part is fine but make yourself sound more exciting than that. Make it sound like you would be fun to have sex with. I am not looking for that but no one wants to go out with someone who sounds like a boring or mediocre lay.

teadipper's photo
Fri 06/21/13 07:08 PM
NEVER Married = NO ALIMONY = : )

teadipper's photo
Fri 06/21/13 07:07 PM

I make a mean bowl of Top Ramen.

Throw dehydrated veggies in your Top Ramen. Makes it pretty. : )

teadipper's photo
Fri 06/21/13 06:52 PM
My ex husband was with me 19 years and married 16 BUT we did not have children and people think that is even weirder. We made a choice not to have them. We had loads of fun. We spent all our money on comic books, computers, the stamp collection, more pets than Noah's ark, we had a condo near the beach, etc. It was great. But people say to him, "Oh you poor thing, couldn't Terri get pregnant"???

teadipper's photo
Fri 06/21/13 03:16 PM

Basically I don't assume that everyone is going to like me or want me...I think we're better-off if we learn this lesson as kids. This way we won't have unrealistic expectations when we become adults. And expect everyone to go "ga-ga" over us.

I received an unsolicited message from a local guy saying I better not be a "liar or fraud like the others" and assuming I wanted to date him. WHATEVER. I told him that was a bad pick up line and then I blocked him. He was lighting something that looked like a joint in his picture. OBVIOUSLY did not read my profile AND that is ballsy to assume everybody is going to like you just because you are the opposite sex and nearby. What many guys don't get is the Chelsea Handler line that if you are woman and want to get laid, "Just show up and bring your vagina". That's a true-ism.

teadipper's photo
Fri 06/21/13 03:08 PM

"The Talmud is a Rabbi's interpretation like a Christians commentary".

Saying that the Talmud is written by A Rabbi is INCORRECT. It is written by MANY Jewish scholars through time. Just as the bible is not written by one person. The Talmud is not one person's account.

What is so frustrating to me is that Christians just want me to accept their faith on blind faith.

Jews are told to question. It is perfectly okay to, at an appropriate time, get into it with your Rabbi about your thoughts on Judaism, God, the universe, etc. In fact, it's encouraged.

To convert to Judaism, takes years of study and ceremonies and you are not just allowed in. You have to know your stuff to some degree.

Some sects of Christianity, not all, just require you to accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior. I think this does a disservice to those who are true Christians because those who do not study are given the same credence and allowed to go around espousing that they are Christians and what they think Christian beliefs are whether or not they are correct.

teadipper's photo
Fri 06/21/13 03:01 PM
Unless you are the sect of Chabad who is waiting for Rebbe Lubavitch to come back, a Messianic Jew is pretty much considered by Jews in the Conservative, Orthodox, Reform and Chabad camps to be a Christian.

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25