no photo
Sun 06/10/12 09:08 AM
@ Hurricat, thanks for the info, and with cell phones over here and the VoIP, it does not cost anything in the US to chat. Certainly not on the Goggle.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy your tea time and I wish the best to you in your search handsome man.flowerforyou

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 09:03 AM

Thanks for the encouragement sunshine! happy Are those your kids? Awwww they r adorable!

No Jesally, not my kids, just trying to portray how when we are children, we have high hopes and are not tarnished to opeing our hearts and minds to "grab that brass ring".. Best to you pretty lady!

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 08:54 AM
You should be suspicious. Some numbers area code to NY are also to Bermuda where they will charge you $99 a minute. I found this out by getting a number and checking before I called...so be careful.

@ oldhippie1952,
Thanks for the tip. THAT would be awful! Geez, usually if I ask for a number, it weeds out the foreign scammers right away, because they say, "I am in London right now", and I think, well gee, don't we all have cell phones?? So I will follow your advice on that one.

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 08:51 AM

Did he state he was local??

It certainly raises doubts, but there could still be a plausible explanation.. another option is to suggest skype in the meantime..

P.S. Many thanks for your kind words, though the weather here can be pretty miserable.. with the odd day of sunshine thrown in.. but seems to add to the atmosphere for the tourists.. grumble lol.. smile2

Hi Hurricat, "Top o' the mornin' to ya'"...LOL I know that was probably an Irish thing,,,,oh, well.

No the guy is about 900 miles north of me, I thought it would be nice to chat via phone on Sunday, (today). Not a big deal, I am not really a "phone" type person in the beginning, but when I get one of my friends on the line, look out if I had my Nespresso!

Do you have Skype? I have the google VoIP but no cam on it. Is it the same or do I have to buy something?

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 08:46 AM
@Tammy, might be scammers, they do that a lot to as many profiles as they can and they disappear for a month. Then they drop a note. So don't be discouraged.

@Romeo1975, your pic is too funny, I know that show with Al Bundy, was hysterical back in the day!.

I too get shy around first meets and nervous. Oh well, what can you do, it is what it is, so I try to find an outdoor activity, maybe an art festival or something, where we can walk and talk together, takes the pressure off for me. Best to you both.bigsmile

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 08:15 AM
Edited by Sunshine_in_Florida on Sun 06/10/12 08:16 AM

Call me, I'll tell ya!!!!!!!!!!!!

@boondoggy,
That is the problem, I asked for his phone number and he refused. Now I am suspicious.

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 08:02 AM

I'm curious to know if educated ladies do the "dumb down" if the object of their desire pulls up short in the smarts department? :smile:

Oh hell no. I am who I am. If we are not on an equal plane intellectually in the beginning, it will only lead to frustration down the road. I have to be able to discuss things, and I have had it happen, I become impatient.

If I keep them as a friend, I just would not talk in the areas where there is no understanding and avoid the conflict.So, that would be a friend not a long term mate.

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 07:57 AM

No you should not feel obligated to put out your personal information to the entire world. That is not really a good idea anyway. You should just be true to yourself, but that does not mean putting out all your personal information. You are just not obligated or required to do that.

This is my question on another post here. I am suspicious when someone asks for my personal "anything" right off the bat. While I consider myself warm, amiable and fun, I do not care to discuss with strangers, especially those I have not yet met, my personal info. That is reserved for the one I feel I want to get more involved with.

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 07:37 AM
How do you figure out if someone is who they say via email? If they are a real person here, and not a scammer setting you up?

I have had scammers contact me and you know how they go on about you and wanting to know more about you etc, when in truth, they never even read your profile.

So, that being said, how do you figure out if this is a "real" nice guy on the line or a scammer trying to get you to write about yourself so they can use the English to make another fake profile?

I would hate to think I slighted someone unfairly. Are there any "tricks to the trade" as they say to know?

no photo
Sun 06/10/12 07:28 AM

Have you ever put too much peanut butter on the bread and try to balance it with more jelly? Now you can't taste the bread.

Relationships have a flow to them and when it is time to ask it should be done. Missing the moment is just that and it takes two to make that moment. Many people miss their chance because they don't know how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

mg1959,
I have made my sandwiches exactly like that, they become very rich in taste and gooey, dripping down my chin, and brings back wonderful memories........pitchfork

no photo
Sat 06/09/12 08:01 PM
How do you handle a hit on here if someone is sending you a nudge? Do you nudge back or email? If you get an email when do you decide to take the next step and talk on the phone? Do you feel the asking for the phone number is too assertive, I mean, emails only go so far and I feel I want to hear the voice inflections and tone. I get tired of lengthy email after a few weeks.scared

no photo
Sat 06/09/12 08:33 AM
Edited by Sunshine_in_Florida on Sat 06/09/12 08:38 AM
mg1959 and metal wing, thank you for your posts. Makes me count my blessings that we live in a society that reaches out to others, total strangers in their time of need. That soldier made another sacrifice, which, to him was probably small compared to what that little fellow went through all his life. I just hope his family remembers the wonderful times they had and not relive his death over and over, very hard to do. No mother or father ever expects to bury their children. I pray they have peace.

no photo
Sat 06/09/12 08:23 AM
Men have fear of rejection too, so a ladylike approach is a good thing, because, if we do nothing at all, then nothing is sure to happen. Standing still waiting for our significant other to knock on the door is ridiculous, you have to draw some sort of attention to yourself to be noticed or we are just like another wall flower.
JMHO.....The art of flirting still can be utilized.

no photo
Fri 06/08/12 11:30 PM
Pacificstar and ridhav, thank you for stopping by to comment on my post.

Being positive is contagious, and in times being what they are, there is a need for it because we never know what stress our neighbors may be under. Glad you enjoyed it, thanks.

no photo
Fri 06/08/12 09:09 PM
Spidercrm, Tazzops, Esebulldog, Mssilverfox, txsgal,
Glad you all enjoyed the article. I was amazed by it. What a tribute to that little boy. I know his mom was honored as well.

I thank them everyday for all they do and much of it we never know.
Thank you for your kind comments.

no photo
Fri 06/08/12 07:29 PM

:cry: :thumbsup: :angel:

Hi Tazzops, thanks for stopping by, yeah, real sweet huh?....:cry:

no photo
Fri 06/08/12 07:21 PM
Every now and then we come across a story, a feat, an event that just makes us stop in our tracks.

This was one for me. Rest in Peace little Cody.

Cody Green was a 12-year kid in Indiana who was diagnosed with leukemia at 22 months old. He loved the Marines, and his parents said he drew strength and courage from the Marine Corps. as he bravely fought the battle into remission three times. Although he was cancer-free at the time, the chemotherapy had lowered his immune system and he developed a fungus infection that attacked his brain.

Two weeks ago, as he struggled to fend off that infection in the hospital, the Marines wanted to show how much they respected his will to live, his strength, honor and courage. They presented Cody
with Marine navigator wings and named him an honorary member of the United States Marine Corps. For one Marine, that wasn’t enough ...
so that night, before Cody Green passed away, he took it upon himself to stand guard at Cody’s hospital door all night long, 8 hours straight.

April 30, 2012
Cody E. Green

FLORA — Cody E. Green, 12, rural Flora, died at 12:45 p.m. Saturday, April 28, 2012, at Riley Children’s Hospital, Indianapolis.

Services will be at 3 p.m. Saturday at Carroll Elementary School in Flora with Pastor Jeff Johns officiating. Burial will be private.

Nowhere on the face of this planet is there a country so blessed as we to have men and women such as this.

I wish I could personally tell this Marine how proud he makes me to be an American. God ... I do so love this country.

Here is the link to see Cody.

http://www.carrollcountycomet.com/news/2012-02-01/Local_News/Community_embraces_fifth_grader_who_has_leukemia.html

no photo
Fri 06/08/12 06:12 PM
The advice above is correct, these scammers have been at it awhile and they just hacked into LinkedIn and is working with the FBI to investigate a cyber attack in which 6.5 million of its users' passwords were stolen.

If you think you can outsmart them by playing cat and mouse, you are setting yourself up for attack. Please reconsider your approach on this.

All things being equal, one thing is increasingly clear: If you buy, sell, congregate or communicate through a computer, you'll probably have your account hacked at least once in your lifetime. And if you haven't already faced the momentary fear and loss, the sense of disassociation and confusion that accompany a data breach, you're lucky -- and probably overdue. I wish you well sir.

no photo
Fri 06/08/12 06:04 PM
You are too funny! LOLbigsmile

no photo
Fri 06/08/12 05:59 PM

So how do you meet people when your single? I have never really been single before and this is sorta new territory for me. What is the most successful way to meet people when you are looking for a LTR?

I don't know how to answer that one, if I knew I sure would not still be on this site. Just wish each other the best and hit on as many you find attractive in the search field and see what responses you get. I have had luck with that search and "match me" feature. You might have to kiss a few frogs to get to the Prince though! LOL I wish you well pretty lady.