no photo
Thu 06/14/12 07:41 PM

Sunshine_in_Florida Said
Please copy the flag of Ireland in your post, as that is where you are from, ]don't use my country's flag to post your nasty pic's and defame my country. While everyone is entitled to an opinion, I would not dare post a flag of Ireland and depict children in war under it, and I resent you doing so.

I would just like to draw attention to the comment in bold above.

Nasty pic's...a child with her flesh being burned off by Napalm is a nasty pic?

Here it is again.

Please tell me Sunshine_in_Florida what is nasty about this photo.

YOUR COMMENT SIR UNDERNEATH THE PHOTO.

no photo
Thu 06/14/12 07:37 PM
Edited by Sunshine_in_Florida on Thu 06/14/12 07:47 PM

HERE YOU GO SIR, I AM RETURNING IN KIND.

@sojourn and alleoops, I cannot thank you enough!

no photo
Thu 06/14/12 07:32 PM
Why are people on here that are separated? Looking? Married? I just don't get it. Why did you form a contract and a union if you are going to see other people??? There are "separted people on here trying to date. JMO, I want nothing to do with you, if you don't keep your intitial agreement then for sure I cannot expect you to keep a contract with me. No way.

no photo
Thu 06/14/12 04:05 AM
I saw this morning that Greece's banks are taking a hit with people withdrawing funds, this is going to hit bad. People around the world are watching as to see what trickle down effects there will be. I am praying they come out of it quickly, is that possible????

no photo
Thu 06/14/12 04:01 AM
Edited by Sunshine_in_Florida on Thu 06/14/12 04:07 AM
The History Of Flag Day

The Fourth of July was traditionally celebrated as America's birthday, but the idea of an annual day specifically celebrating the Flag is believed to have first originated in 1885. BJ Cigrand, a schoolteacher, arranged for the pupils in the Fredonia, Wisconsin Public School, District 6, to observe June 14 (the 108th anniversary of the official adoption of The Stars and Stripes) as 'Flag Birthday'. In numerous magazines and newspaper articles and public addresses over the following years, Cigrand continued to enthusiastically advocate the observance of June 14 as 'Flag Birthday', or 'Flag Day'.

On June 14, 1889, George Balch, a kindergarten teacher in New York City, planned appropriate ceremonies for the children of his school, and his idea of observing Flag Day was later adopted by the State Board of Education of New York. On June 14, 1891, the Betsy Ross House in Philadelphia held a Flag Day celebration, and on June 14 of the following year, the New York Society of the Sons of the Revolution, celebrated Flag Day.

Following the suggestion of Colonel J Granville Leach (at the time historian of the Pennsylvania Society of the Sons of the Revolution), the Pennsylvania Society of Colonial Dames of America on April 25, 1893 adopted a resolution requesting the mayor of Philadelphia and all others in authority and all private citizens to display the Flag on June 14th. Leach went on to recommend that thereafter the day be known as 'Flag Day', and on that day, school children be assembled for appropriate exercises, with each child being given a small Flag.

Two weeks later on May 8th, the Board of Managers of the Pennsylvania Society of Sons of the Revolution unanimously endorsed the action of the Pennsylvania Society of Colonial Dames. As a result of the resolution, Dr. Edward Brooks, then Superintendent of Public Schools of Philadelphia, directed that Flag Day exercises be held on June 14, 1893 in Independence Square. School children were assembled, each carrying a small Flag, and patriotic songs were sung and addresses delivered.

In 1894, the governor of New York directed that on June 14 the Flag be displayed on all public buildings. With BJ Cigrand and Leroy Van Horn as the moving spirits, the Illinois organization, known as the American Flag Day Association, was organized for the purpose of promoting the holding of Flag Day exercises. On June 14th, 1894, under the auspices of this association, the first general public school children's celebration of Flag Day in Chicago was held in Douglas, Garfield, Humboldt, Lincoln, and Washington Parks, with more than 300,000 children participating.

Adults, too, participated in patriotic programs. Franklin K. Lane, Secretary of the Interior, delivered a 1914 Flag Day address in which he repeated words he said the flag had spoken to him that morning: "I am what you make me; nothing more. I swing before your eyes as a bright gleam of color, a symbol of yourself."

Inspired by these three decades of state and local celebrations, Flag Day - the anniversary of the Flag Resolution of 1777 - was officially established by the Proclamation of President Woodrow Wilson on May 30th, 1916. While Flag Day was celebrated in various communities for years after Wilson's proclamation, it was not until August 3rd, 1949, that President Truman signed an Act of Congress designating June 14th of each year as National Flag Day.

Love it or Leave it!

no photo
Wed 06/13/12 11:55 PM
Edited by Sunshine_in_Florida on Thu 06/14/12 12:00 AM

Here, let me single it out for you, if you got 31% wrong on a test and 49% right, did you get more right than wrong, or did you get the "Most" wrong of all?

31% for uncivil and the numbers you have quoted are 49% say FOX is "civil".

And really now, they polled 1000 people??? LOL THAT'S official then!

You read a headline from the Huffington Post without verifying the data in the story. Just what SS keeps saying,
I love that pic on the liberal arguement in the other political post, too funny.

If you have an issue with the numbers, take it up with the company that did the poll.

I don't take most polls seriously, but this one made me laugh. And it got you all wound up. Sorry, the post was just for a little entertainment. laugh

No, now what I pointed out was that you copied a statement from the "Puffington Post" that was incorrect in its headline claims. The number actually show the reverse of what you posted. You took the poll seriously enough to make a post as if it was factual with out realizing the results of that poll actually FAVOR FOX. No where in your original post were you pointing out or making fun of the "Puffinton Post" for making an incorrect statement. Your original post appeared to be directed at FOX network. That is typical of the newsmedia, misleading the public. Now they look foolish.

no photo
Wed 06/13/12 07:09 PM
Edited by Sunshine_in_Florida on Wed 06/13/12 07:17 PM
I wish I could have video taped an old friend of mine from out of state that came down here a few months ago, to visit for a couple of weeks. We took his truck to go somewhere, he wanted to drive, well he drove 15 to 20 miles an hour on US 1 through Daytona Beach in a 32-40 MPH zone. When I asked why he was going so slow, he stated, "I'm on vacation, I am not in a hurry". (Never heard of obstructing traffic).Then he took a left turn in an intersection from the lane that is supposed to be for going straight north, and almost got me T-boned. Found out my friend is a "pot-head" and was stoned.

Now comes Sunday when he asked to use my computer, seems he had to file his claim for unemployment benefits for the 2 weeks he was here.

So, let me say this, I KNOW he did not look for work, the money he gets, part of it goes to support his pot habit. So, don't tell me with the "government" requirements, that they all are telling the truth. Just like everything else the government handles, it is all screwed up and it cost the taxpayers more than if it were handled in the private sector. They don't verify this data. Come on now! If they did they wouldn't have a need to be a government worker, they would not have any clients.....LOL

@willing2, you got that right, the government wants you to be dependent on them, just what Obozo is all about, the "Hitler Dark".
Control the people! Hand outs for everyone! Give me give me give me!
That is just how my guest thinks. What can he do for me?

I prefer the Chinese Proverb; Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb ...

Y'all better learn how to fish, because we have run out of money! Homelessness and unemployment still abound.

no photo
Wed 06/13/12 06:13 PM
Edited by Sunshine_in_Florida on Wed 06/13/12 06:17 PM
Please see my edit above, it was directed at the OP who did not read the data, she quoted a headline. BTW, I am not "Lady" LOL, you are...Mam.

no photo
Wed 06/13/12 06:01 PM
Edited by Sunshine_in_Florida on Wed 06/13/12 06:14 PM

Not sure if your statement was directed at my post, but this is for the OP anyway:
Here, let me single it out for you, if you got 31% wrong on a test and 49% right, did you get more right than wrong, or did you get the "Most" wrong of all?

31% for uncivil and the numbers you have quoted are 49% say FOX is "civil".

And really now, they polled 1000 people??? LOL THAT'S official then!

You read a headline from the Huffington Post without verifying the data in the story. Just what SS keeps saying,
I love that pic on the liberal arguement in the other political post, too funny.

no photo
Wed 06/13/12 05:20 PM
Edited by Sunshine_in_Florida on Wed 06/13/12 06:10 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/13/fox-uncivil-network-study_n_1593618.html?1339605835

Fox News is considered the most uncivil network by Americans, according to a new survey.

Weber Shandwick, Powell Tate and KRC Research polled 1,000 people in April for their annual "Civility In America" study. Thirty-five percent of participants said that Fox News is "uncivil," while 53% described it as "civil."

CNN and MSNBC fared slightly better. Thirty-one percent considered MSNBC "uncivil" and 49% "civil." Thirty-one percent of respondents thought CNN was "uncivil," and 53% "civil." PBS was considered most civil of the networks.

The results did not bode well for news outlets overall. "A considerable 62% called out the media as uncivil in this year’s survey," the study reported. "While this is considerably lower than last year’s incivility rating of 74%, it ranks among the top five most uncivil aspects of American life."

A whopping majority of people (82%) also believe that the media is more interested in controversy than facts, and 55% of respondents said that they were tuning out of "news coverage and reporting" due to incivility.

@singmesweet:
Your first 2 paragraphs, state, 31% for uncivil and the numbers you have quoted are 49% say FOX is "civil". The 49% and 53% are directed and CNN and MSNBC.
You do the math.
Your quote in the last paragraph was 82% for the media in general, NOT FOX by itself.

no photo
Wed 06/13/12 04:57 PM
Edited by Sunshine_in_Florida on Wed 06/13/12 05:05 PM
I don,t understand what the problem is if the recipient does not use then the test will be negative and they don't pay for it unless they are positive results.

It is not "governments" money, it is MY money and I don't care to support them if the money is used for dope by a dope. If you ever worked in a county hospital neonatal unit you would change your tune. One crack mother had 9 children, because she was prostituting to support her habit, no amount of money would have been enough for her.

So, we the working stiffs, have her children to support because they were all crack babies and were made wards of the state. If you ever saw an innocent baby born with crack addition, how they cry, it would break your heart, what future do they have? Everyone is entitled to free birth control, but do they use it? NO, because the more kids they have the more money they get. Be real people. This is just one story in the naked city, there are plenty more. She was on medicaid and definitely did not take care of her kids with it.

Florida is expecting heavily traveled highways due to the mass exodus north to move to other states for there welfare bennies.
Racing to leave our state! Ha ha ha ha! Take them to your house. Don't be dipping into my paycheck.

So all you bleeding hearts can take care of them in your state and deplete YOUR resources. Keep paying those taxes as they keep breeding. LOL

no photo
Wed 06/13/12 04:23 AM
Edited by Sunshine_in_Florida on Wed 06/13/12 04:30 AM

Those who glorify war have most likely never experienced it...other than in movies or select pictorials fed us by the press releases.

Or, they are the profiteers who come in all shapes and sizes from the mercenary to the banker! Cold, calculating, heartless individuals with a God complex, who revel in the power over the life and death of others, financed by the endless supply of corrupt corporate or banker blood money.

The real problem is idiocy, complacency! One never learns from the greatest lies, fails to see the truth behind the madness, and is therefore bound to repeat or echo the insane cry for more..... until it touches them.

SS, I look at the flag in remembrance of those fallen and those that risked their lives for me to sit here and say what I want to say. I can't thank you enough for putting yourself in harms way for me and your country. Never does any American, in my opinion, look at the flag to glorify any war, as was stated by someone from another country here. One should not judge everyone by themselves and how THEY think. God Bless you sir and God help us all.flowerforyou

@optomistic:
Please copy the flag of Ireland in your post, as that is where you are from, don't use my country's flag to post your nasty pic's and defame my country. While everyone is entitled to an opinion, I would not dare post a flag of Ireland and depict children in war under it, and I resent you doing so.

no photo
Tue 06/12/12 08:08 PM

Do you have a link to that poll, Ms Sunshine?

Here you go handsome....
http://www.wnd.com/2007/05/41796/

no photo
Tue 06/12/12 08:01 PM
Edited by Sunshine_in_Florida on Tue 06/12/12 08:05 PM
Even though it says "Nestle" a USA company, the contents were indeed imported from China. Full of pesticides. There are 5 big dog food companies responsible for 85% of the dog food packaged here. Please be aware of that. Absolutely NO chicken Jerky treats from WalMart, or Sams Club. Been recalled.

Chinese Food: Here’s what’s in the chicken jerky that’s poisoning our pets
Posted on May 15, 2012 by Amy Renz
In China, over 80% of people worry about food safety. Excessive pesticide use, illegal additives, diseased livestock, and “gutter oil”are their primary concerns.[1] If one billion people are scared of their country’s human food supply, then this one American is scared about the pet food it’s exporting for our dogs and cats.

Seventy percent (70%) of pet food imports to the US are coming from China, and skyrocketing. From finished food products to pet food ingredients for US manufacturers, that is one scary number. Reports of illness and death from eating China-made chicken jerky dog treats like Waggin’ Train, Canyon Creek Ranch (both Nestle Purina brands), and Milo’s Kitchen (Del Monte) is just one example.

And this past April, more than 23,000 chickens at several farms in the Chinese village of Touying were confirmed for the H5N1 bird flu virus. A total of 95,000 chickens have been culled. There’s no mention of where those diseased birds will end up. But if China thinks restaurant waste makes fine animal feed, then those dead birds must look like that “readily available” “quality white meat chicken,” Waggin Train was talking about.[58]

Mars
Nestle Purina
Colgate Palmolive
Proctor and Gamble
Del Monte
Avoid:
Diamond Pet Food, Just had a recall of Chicken soup for the Soul, AGAIN......

Here is the rest of the article link.
http://goodnessgracioustreats.wordpress.com/2012/05/15/chinese-food-heres-whats-in-the-chicken-jerky-thats-poisoning-our-pets/
pollution.

no photo
Tue 06/12/12 07:29 PM
Edited by Sunshine_in_Florida on Tue 06/12/12 07:30 PM
You know, I am sick and tired of officials of any sort interfering in our right to know. We have caught city officials leaving out requested documents, homeland security refusing the illegal immigrant lists to check legal voters and now this???

I am sick and tired of having to watch my dogs food, I no longer buy dog treats, they are ALL from china and tainted with pesticides. China poisons us with wheat gluten, polypropylene glycol, lead in Mattel toys paint, poisoned baby formulas, fish "farm raised" in tanks and corn fed, who the heck ever heard of a fish living on corn?? They got corn fields now? Yes "farm raised in tanks" filled with bacteria so they shoot the fish up with antibiotics and it is 3 months old before you even eat it when it is shipped over here. You consume this fish if you ever ate at a Darden Restaurants (Olive Garden, Red Lobster) or Joe's Crab shack. Even the heart association recommends you not eat more than 2 servings a month it is so unhealthy. Over it! I have not shopped at a Wal Mart since the 1990's when they put my neighbors hardware store out of business. Sam Walton built Wal Mart on the premise of "Made in the USA", yeah, you see what happened when he died? The Corporate idiots sold out to China! Put Americans out of business. I can find plenty of Made in the USA products as long as they are labeled.

WASHINGTON – While Americans are still recovering from a scandal over poison pet foods imported from China, FDA inspectors report tainted food imports intended for American humans are being rejected with increasing frequency because they are filthy, are contaminated with pesticides and tainted with carcinogens, bacteria and banned drugs.
Ads by Google

Dog And Cat Food RecallDog And Cat Food Recall. Pet Information Supply Center. CatFood.BuyPetGoods.com

Last month, like most months, China topped the list of countries whose products were refused by the FDA – and that list includes many countries, including Mexico and Canada, who export far more food products to the U.S. than China.

Some 257 refusals of Chinese products were recorded in April. By comparison, only 140 were from Mexico and only 23 from Canada.

Refused by the FDA in April because they were “filthy”:

salted bean curd cubes in brine with chili and sesame oil
dried apple
dried peach
dried pear
dried round bean curd
dried mushroom
olives
frozen bay scallops
frozen Pacific cod
sardines
frozen seafood mix
fermented bean curd

Among the foods rejected because they were contaminated with pesticides:

frozen eel
ginseng
frozen red raspberry crumble
mushrooms

Frozen catfish was stopped because it was laced with banned antibiotics. Scallops and sardines were turned away because they were coated with putrefying bacteria.

Toothbrushes were rejected last month because they were improperly labeled. And last week the FDA found Chinese toothpaste contaminated with a chemical used in antifreeze – the same chemical that killed people in Panama last year when it turned up in cough syrup.

Just three days ago, the U.S. warned consumers not to buy or eat imported fish labeled as monkfish, which actually may be puffer fish, containing a potentially deadly toxin called tetrodotoxin. Two people in the Chicago area became ill after consuming homemade soup containing the fish. One was hospitalized due to severe illness.

The FDA is also on the lookout for vegetable proteins contaminated with melamine – the chemical that killed American cats and dogs when it was imported from China in pet food.

In the past year, the FDA rejected more than twice as many food shipments from China as from all other countries combined.

Most of the time, the reason listed is simply “filthy,” the official term used when inspectors smell decomposition or gross contamination of food.

Officials say FDA inspectors examine only a tiny percentage of the food imported from foreign countries – about 1 percent — meaning most of the contaminated products make it inside the country and to the shelves of retailers.

In the age of globalization, food imports in America are big business and getting bigger. In 2006, they represented $64 billion – a 33 percent increase over 2003. No country is increasing its food exports faster than China – about 20 percent in the last year alone.

China has become America’s leading supplier of apple juice used as a food sweetener, garlic and garlic powder, sausage casings and cocoa butter.

China has also attempted to export hundreds of thousands of pounds of chickens and poultry products to the U.S., even though it is not yet certified to do so. Chinese exporters disguise the meat by labeling crates “dried lily flower” or “prune slices” or “vegetables.”

Despite the deliberate deception, the U.S. government is about to certify the Chinese to export poultry legally.

If you would like to sound off on this issue, participate in today’s WND Poll.

no photo
Tue 06/12/12 06:45 PM
Edited by Sunshine_in_Florida on Tue 06/12/12 06:46 PM

EEEEWWWWWW. I'm glad I live out in the country.
I open the gate and my dog goes to the neighbor's yard.

no photo
Tue 06/12/12 06:02 PM
Here is my picture worth a thousand words:

AND here are my thousand words!
The Boys of Iwo Jima

(From the book: Heart Touchers "Life-Changing Stories of Faith, Love, and Laughter)

by Michael T. Powers

Each year I am hired to go to Washington, DC, with the eighth grade class from Clinton, WI, where I grew up, to videotape their trip. I greatly enjoy visiting our nation's capitol, and each year I take some special memories back with me. This fall's trip was especially memorable.

On the last night of our trip, we stopped at the Iwo Jima Memorial. This memorial is the largest bronze statue in the world and depicts one of the most famous photographs in history -- that of the six brave soldiers raising the American Flag at the top of a rocky hill on the island of Iwo Jima, Japan, during WW II.

Over one hundred students and chaperones piled off the buses and headed towards the memorial. I noticed a solitary figure at the base of the statue, and as I got closer he asked, "Where are you guys from?"

I told him that we were from Wisconsin. "Hey, I'm a cheesehead, too! Come gather around, cheeseheads, and I will tell you a story."

(James Bradley just happened to be in Washington, DC, to speak at the memorial the following day. He was there that night to say good night to his dad, who has since passed away. He was just about to leave when he saw the buses pull up. I videotaped him as he spoke to us, and received his permission to share what he said from my videotape. It is one thing to tour the incredible monuments filled with history in Washington, D.C., but it is quite another to get the kind of insight we received that night.)

When all had gathered around, he reverently began to speak. (Here are his words that night.)
"My name is James Bradley and I'm from Antigo, Wisconsin. My dad is on that statue and I just wrote a book called "Flags of Our Fathers" which is #5 on the New York Times Best Seller list right now. It is the story of the six boys you see behind me."

"Six boys raised the flag. The first guy putting the pole in the ground is Harlon Block. Harlon was an all-state football player. He enlisted in the Marine Corps with all the senior members of his football team. They were off to play another type of game. A game called 'War'. But it didn't turn out to be a game. Harlon, at the age of 21, died with his intestines in his hands. I don't say that to gross you out, I say that because there are generals who stand in front of this statue and talk about the glory of war."

"You guys need to know that most of the boys in Iwo Jima were 17, 18, and 19 years old."

(He pointed to the statue) "You see this next guy? That's Rene Gagnon from New Hampshire. If you took Rene's helmet off at the moment this photo was taken and looked in the webbing of that helmet, you would find a photograph of his girlfriend. Rene put that in there for protection because he was scared. He was 18 years old. Boys won the battle of Iwo Jima... Boys... Not old men."

"The next guy here, the third guy in this tableau, was Sergeant Mike Strank. Mike is my hero. He was the hero of all these guys. They called him the "old man" because he was so old. He was already 24. When Mike would motivate his boys in training camp, he didn't say, 'Let's go kill some Japanese' or 'Let's die for our country.' He knew he was talking to little boys. Instead he would say, 'You do what I say, and I'll get you home to your mothers.'"

"The last guy on this side of the statue is Ira Hayes, a Pima Indian from Arizona. Ira Hayes walked off Iwo Jima. He went into the White House with my dad. President Truman told him, 'You're a hero...' He told reporters, 'How can I feel like a hero when 250 of my buddies hit the island with me and only 27 of us walked off alive?' So you take your class at school, 250 of you spending a year together having fun, doing everything together. Then all 250 of you hit the beach, but only 27 of your classmates walk off alive. That was Ira Hayes. He had images of horror in his mind. Ira Hayes died dead drunk, face down at the age of 32... ten years after this picture was taken."

"The next guy, going around the statue, is Franklin Sousley from Hilltop, Kentucky. A fun lovin' hillbilly boy. His best friend, who is now 70, told me, 'Yeah, you know, we took two cows up on the porch of the Hilltop General Store. Then we strung wire across the stairs so the cows couldn't get down. Then we fed them Epsom salts. Those cows crapped all night.'"

"Yes, he was a fun lovin' hillbilly boy. Franklin died on Iwo Jima at the age of 19. When the telegram came to tell his mother that he was dead, it went to the Hilltop General Store. A barefoot boy ran that telegram up to his mother's farm. The neighbors could hear her scream all night and into the morning. The neighbors lived a quarter of a mile away."

"The next guy, as we continue to go around the statue, is my dad, John Bradley from Antigo, Wisconsin, where I was raised. My dad lived until 1994, but he would never give interviews. When Walter Cronkite's producers or the New York Times would call, we were trained as little kids to say, 'No, I'm sorry, sir, my dad's not here. He is in Canada fishing. No, there is no phone there, sir. No, we don't know when he is coming back.' My dad never fished or even went to Canada. Usually, he was sitting there right at the table eating his Campbell's soup. But we had to tell the press that he was out fishing. He didn't want to talk to the press."

"You see, my dad didn't see himself as a hero. Everyone thinks these guys are heroes, 'cause they are in a photo and a monument. My dad knew better. He was a medic. John Bradley from Wisconsin was a caregiver. In Iwo Jima he probably held over 200 boys as they died. And when boys died in Iwo Jima, they writhed and screamed in pain."

"When I was a little boy, my third grade teacher told me that my dad was a hero. When I went home and told my dad that, he looked at me and said, 'I want you always to remember that the heroes of Iwo Jima are the guys who did not come back... Did NOT come back.'"

"So that's the story about six nice young boys. Three died on Iwo Jima, and three came back as national heroes. Overall, 7,000 boys died on Iwo Jima in the worst battle in the history of the Marine Corps. My voice is giving out, so I will end here. Thank you for your time."

Suddenly, the monument wasn't just a big old piece of metal with a flag sticking out of the top. It came to life before our eyes with the heartfelt words of a son who did indeed have a father who was a hero. Maybe not a hero for the reasons most people would believe, but a hero nonetheless.

no photo
Tue 06/12/12 05:37 PM
That is true bushidobillyclub, I have platic bags in the car and by the front door, and I have ran out with one and handed it to the person with their dog, it makes them stop and think. Have not gotten chased yet...LOL

no photo
Tue 06/12/12 05:10 PM

NO THANKS! I'LL STICK WITH THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE! COLORS THAT DON'T RUN!

And I'll offer my life yet again to restore the honor and glory that made her the symbol of a free nation!

You see SS I do not understand you thinking here.

How can a Flag restore Honour and Glory?

The flag does not restore those things....it symbolizes them!

Oh, say can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore, dimly seen through the mists of the deep,
Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,
What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,
As it fitfully blows, now conceals, now discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
In full glory reflected now shines on the stream:
'Tis the star-spangled banner! O long may it wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion
A home and a country should leave us no more?
Their blood has wiped out their foul footstep's pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved homes and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heaven-rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, for our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner forever shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

We need to remember that God created this vast and glorious world for us to live in, freely, but also at great sacrifice. Let us never forget from the revolutionary War to the Gulf War and all the wars in-between that sacrifice was made for our freedom.

Remember to pray praises for this great country of ours and also pray for those still in murderous unrest around the world. STOP and thank God for being alive at someone else's sacrifice. God Bless.

no photo
Tue 06/12/12 04:37 PM
Hi wolfchic, I love your choice of pics. too funny.