Community > Posts By > HotRodDeluxe

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Mon 03/02/15 04:56 PM
Natural News...says it all.slaphead

Now for a little balance:

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/meas.html#secular

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Thu 12/18/14 06:59 PM

Wow, there are some positives here after all!!!

For me? So true as there is nothing worthy of discussion here

Don't let the door smack you on the behind on the way out.

I won't. waving

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Thu 12/18/14 06:05 PM

Too bad. "Old Malcolm", as you call him, seems to be the first intelligence coming out of a "government" figure, especially Australian, in many a year.

LOL, I have no doubt you actually believe that.

I wonder just what is going to happen when it is discovered "Old Malcolm" had truth in those words?

LOL, that won't happen.

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Wed 12/17/14 08:52 PM
Hahaha why did I delve into the political threads.....damn I broke my own rule.....thanks mate....I can stop prepping now...laugh laugh laugh

I don't come much either. Too many old men bitchin' 'bout da' gubmint. :wink:

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Tue 12/16/14 09:32 PM
Edited by HotRodDeluxe on Tue 12/16/14 09:40 PM

I don't think this is the case here.....and hearing nothing on this in the local media.....from what I understand we like to spread our friendships widely....even to China one our major trading partners.....

The thread title is just the usual hyperbole, and it is merely another opinion piece from old Malcolm who seems to be quite the leftist in his dotage considering his tenure as PM heading the conservatives. We will not annul the relationship between us and the US.

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Sun 11/02/14 03:06 PM

I suspect governments have very little to do with what makes so many so foolish,

though "government" is often an excellent topic for them to show their foolishness.

This drinker

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Sun 10/26/14 08:39 PM

Yeah; I have been busy with life. Alwasy so much to do and so little time.

I can understand that. I don't come here much anymore for similar reasons (and I don't want to become another old man bitchin' about 'da gubmint' on 'da internetz' all day). laugh

LOL. Ironically; its been the military taking up all my time lately but I had to take time to put my two cents in this thread.

Well, you've always had cogent and valid points to make. For me, it is always good to see you online R. Take care sweetheart. xx

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Sun 10/26/14 06:43 PM

Yeah; I have been busy with life. Alwasy so much to do and so little time.

I can understand that. I don't come here much anymore for similar reasons (and I don't want to become another old man bitchin' about 'da gubmint' on 'da internetz' all day). laugh

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Wed 10/22/14 06:06 PM

We can expect more of this crap. It's cheap. It's easy. And it can be done by the very stupid.

Yes; the soldier that got shot today was an example of that. We have the whole country on alert. We had to stand down our cadets as they don't want the kids or us officers seen in uniform. Breaking news indicates he indeed was a terrorist but no surprise there.

Hey there, long time no see. waving

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Mon 02/17/14 09:06 PM
Edited by HotRodDeluxe on Mon 02/17/14 09:08 PM

Nostalgia is a murky puddle. laugh

But lack of intelligence clouds the vision forever or as a wise man once said...

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself."
- Benjamin Franklin

which leads to the point....

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."
-Benjamin Franklin

Isn't it wonderous at how things have naught changed over the centuries.

Yet again, none of your facile quote mining is relevant to my point. Why do you always respond to my posts with banal and irrelevant nonsense? Do these quotes mean something special to you?

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Mon 02/17/14 08:19 PM

Folks, the causes of poverty can be complex, and cases of poverty aren't necessarily identical.

Yes, sometimes a person's behavior can lead a person to becoming poor. However, there are too many cases in which poverty is due circumstances beyond a person's control.

If you don't know the causes of a person's poverty because you never investigated that case as an individual case, then it is best to start by giving that person the benefit of the doubt.

The concept of "innocent until proven guilty" pertains to people in poverty, too.

An all too rare moment of lucidity on this site. Kudos to you, Sir.

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Mon 02/17/14 08:14 PM
Edited by HotRodDeluxe on Mon 02/17/14 08:15 PM
Nostalgia is a murky puddle. laugh

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Mon 02/17/14 08:11 PM
Edited by HotRodDeluxe on Mon 02/17/14 08:13 PM

Let's face it, all political discourse is loaded with rhetoric, and it goes on and on....ad infinitum.

Bring out the BoobToob videos! laugh

Sure...

Understanding the Differences Between Democrats and Republicans - How They Segment Society

THE ILLUSION OF CHOICE OBAMA VS ROMNEY DEMOCRATS VS REPUBLICANS

Republican vs Democrat-No Difference

Need more?

No, I didn't need that tripe in the first place. laugh

Then why ask?

I didn't ask a question. Please revise comprehension.

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Sun 02/16/14 04:34 PM

Kind of defeats the idea of a dating site. We have to love ourselves before we can love others. If we are bashing the very thing we are looking for, what does that say about ourselves?

That we are bitter and twisted individuals full of resentment, with misguided nostalgic ideals? I thought that was the sole domain of the 'angry old man' class.

laugh

I think young people picked it up and the crowd at POF, Cupid and other sites have spreaded it like fertilizer.

laugh

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Sun 02/16/14 04:30 PM
'Predetermined' in what respect? Genetically? By some external force or being? Fate or destiny? Predetermined by environment?

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Sun 02/16/14 04:07 PM

Kind of defeats the idea of a dating site. We have to love ourselves before we can love others. If we are bashing the very thing we are looking for, what does that say about ourselves?

That we are bitter and twisted individuals full of resentment, with misguided nostalgic ideals? I thought that was the sole domain of the 'angry old man' class.

laugh

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Sun 02/16/14 03:23 PM

:thumbsup:

"2. Most conspiracy theorists are unaware of, or do not appreciate the importance of, non-Web-based, factually vetted sources of information (put another way, the difference between primary sources, secondary sources and tertiary sources)."

So true.

seems that most are aware, but just dismiss them as lies because it doesn't go along with their thought process... like any article about how shows the science with 911... they won't read it because their mind is saying it's all lies, that bush and Cheney made them write the article as disinformation...

Indeed, prejudice and confirmation bias.

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Sun 02/16/14 02:08 PM
Edited by HotRodDeluxe on Sun 02/16/14 02:09 PM
:thumbsup:

"2. Most conspiracy theorists are unaware of, or do not appreciate the importance of, non-Web-based, factually vetted sources of information (put another way, the difference between primary sources, secondary sources and tertiary sources)."

So true.

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Sun 02/16/14 12:43 PM

Let's face it, all political discourse is loaded with rhetoric, and it goes on and on....ad infinitum.

Bring out the BoobToob videos! laugh

Sure...

Understanding the Differences Between Democrats and Republicans - How They Segment Society

THE ILLUSION OF CHOICE OBAMA VS ROMNEY DEMOCRATS VS REPUBLICANS

Republican vs Democrat-No Difference

Need more?

No, I didn't need that tripe in the first place. laugh

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Sun 02/16/14 12:38 PM
Edited by HotRodDeluxe on Sun 02/16/14 12:40 PM

Really? So if it's on YouTube, it didn't happen?

<moronic meme deleted>

No, I didn't say that (see comprehension), but Boobtoob videos more often than not, merely offer a superficial, prosaic and biased treatment of an issue and aren't worth my time. There are more reliable and succinct methods of conveying one's point.

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25