Community > Posts By > HotRodDeluxe

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Mon 01/27/14 06:51 PM

Not much hope for the collective mind of America when people watch this type of trash TV.

You could amend that to the Western World. People love this tripe.

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Mon 01/27/14 06:48 PM

Sanity is not all it's cracked up to be when idiots and lunatics are running the asylum.

Well, that's an unorthodox line of reasoning based upon a flawed supposition.

Sanity and logic get you labeled as fringe or ignorant.... perhaps even retarded, irrational or hysterical bigsmile

Irrational and hysterical belief systems are more likely to get one labelled thus. Of course, all those who have irrational and hysterical belief systems think they are sane and all others are ignorant etc...

However, this discourse is specious when one is on a thread desperately trying to compare Hitler to Obama, as reason cannot have been employed when someone came up with such an obviously silly notion.

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Sun 01/19/14 04:48 PM
A moral code based upon the fear of retribution in the so-called 'after-life' is an inherently flawed system. As our collective knowledge increases (as a species), so too will our reliance on primitive belief systems diminish. If our current rate of progress in the sciences continues without a universal catastrophe, in a few generations the need for a belief in the supernatural and metaphysical will be anachronistic.

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Sun 01/19/14 04:14 PM

43 years later there are still some who don't believe mankind'��s greatest scientific achievement of the last 50 years.

Just proving that idiocy isn't confined to a generation.

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Sun 01/19/14 04:07 PM
Edited by HotRodDeluxe on Sun 01/19/14 04:27 PM

Oh. Odumbo isn't another Hitler, he is much more dangerous than that and that is not opinion but fact.

LOL! This site doesn't get any better with time.

And to insinuate something is retarded is truly an insult to the mentally challenged, but to make light of the insult is much worse.

I'm sorry if I offended your delicate sensibilities, so I'll rephrase my post.

'Comparing Obama to Hitler is just an opinion.'

My revised response: "And a not very well-informed one at that."

Is that better for you?

While still a totally uninformed opinion, at least it doesn't insult those not capable of defending themselves.

LOL, whatever. I'll leave you with this thread's irrational hysteria and addlepated analogy, and I'll return to the world of sanity and reason. Btw, the use of 'retarded' was purely in the vernacular, but I suspect you already knew that and are just feigning your supposed offence. :wink:

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Wed 01/15/14 09:25 PM

Oh. Odumbo isn't another Hitler, he is much more dangerous than that and that is not opinion but fact.

LOL! This site doesn't get any better with time.

And to insinuate something is retarded is truly an insult to the mentally challenged, but to make light of the insult is much worse.

I'm sorry if I offended your delicate sensibilities, so I'll rephrase my post.

'Comparing Obama to Hitler is just an opinion.'

My revised response: "And a not very well-informed one at that."

Is that better for you?

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Mon 01/13/14 06:02 PM

The claim that President Obama is another Hitler is an opinion.

And a retarded one at that. whoa

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Wed 01/08/14 05:26 PM
Comparing Obama to Hitler. LOL! Of all the brain dead hyperbole.

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Sun 12/29/13 01:41 AM

(CNSNews.com) - President Barack Obama, who is departing Friday for a vacation in Hawaii that will reportedly last until Jan. 5, took more annual vacation days on average in his first term than the average private-sector worker gets after 20 years on the job.

Obama took an average of 21.5 vacations days per year in his first four years as president. By comparison, private-industry workers in the United States who have at least 20 years on the job get an average of 19 days of paid vacation per year.

The Government Accountability Institute, headed by Peter Schweizer (who is also a research fellow at the Hoover Institution at Stanford University), published a study of President Obama’s calendar on April 28, 2013 that included an accounting of the vacation days the president took from his inauguration on January 20, 2009 through March 2013.

According to GAI’s accounting, Obama took 21 vacation days in 2009, 34 in 2010, 20 in 2011, 7 during his re-election-campaign year of 2012, and 4 in January 2013 before his second inauguration on Jan. 20, 2013 marked the end of his first four years in office.

The 86 cumulative vacation days that Obama took in his first four years in office worked out to an average of 21.5 days per year.

Even if you do not count the four days of vacation Obama took in early January 2013—before the end of his fourth year in office on January 20, 2013—the 82 days of cumulative vacation he took in his first four calendar years in office equals an average of 20.5 per year, which is still more than the 19 paid vacation days per year that the average private-industry worker gets after 20 years on the job.

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, workers in private industry get an average of 10 days of paid vacation after they have been at the job one year; they get an average of 14 days paid vacation after they have been at the job five years; 17 days after they have been at the job 10 years and 19 days after they have been at the job 20 years.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/ali-meyer/obama-took-more-vacation-average-private-sector-workers-20-yrs-job-0

Yes, yes, and Michael Moore pushed out the same barrow against G. W. Bush in Fahrenheit 9/11.

Cheap political point scoring.

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Sun 12/29/13 01:38 AM
The oversimplified and exaggerated myths of the right clashing with the idolatry of the left.

LOL

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Sun 12/29/13 01:28 AM

You shouldn't lump all academics into one belief, they don't ALL agree with what should be referred to as the "middle east". Libya is included as part of the ME by many "modern day" academics along with Monaco, Algeria, Tunisia and Turkey. Today the near east and middle east are basically synonymous and are referred to as the middle east by most people. Many academic "historians" don't agree but for the purposes being discussed here, which is a US political discussion that uses the "modern" definition, Libya is part of the middle east.

END OF REPORT

Really? Who might those 'academics' be? People you just invented? If North Africa is included in the Middle East it is purely out of ignorance of geography and has nothing to do with academic disagreement, semantics, or any other imagined scenario.

END OF REALITY.

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Wed 12/18/13 09:45 PM
Edited by HotRodDeluxe on Wed 12/18/13 09:46 PM

LOL Good try. You're right, Libya is in north Africa but continental location isn't THE determining factor for being part of the middle east.

Egypt and Libya are both geographically in north Africa but are considered to be part of the middle east. The middle east isn't a CONTINENT, it's a region that includes parts of north Africa. Most of the middle east, not all, is geographically situated in Asia which is something your maps don't indicate.

Of course the ME isn't a continent, it is a region. slaphead The Arab world is always referred to as 'North Africa and the Middle East'. In Roman times the region was known as the Orient. The 'Middle East' literally means 'East of the Middle Sea' (Mediterranean), and it doesn't include North Africa (perhaps in American Geography texts, but not in the academic world). You (and your source) are confusing the Middle East with the Arab World.

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Sun 12/15/13 09:23 PM
Sensationalism at its most hysterical. laugh

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Sun 12/15/13 08:06 PM
Edited by HotRodDeluxe on Sun 12/15/13 08:09 PM

You mean like a representative not knowing Benghazi is in the middle east? LOL

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/12/viral-video-watch-democratic-rep-ann-kuster-deflect-benghazi-question/

LOL. It's in North Africa, not the Middle East.

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Sun 10/27/13 03:18 PM
R.I.P.

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Mon 10/14/13 07:19 PM

Thats why the government needs to step in peoples health should not be a for profit business.

I agree in theory regarding the regulation of medical costs, and we do enjoy that to a degree here, however, too much regulation will encourage medical professionals to look for opportunities offshore. It's finding an equitable balance that is the key, and the difficulty.

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Mon 10/14/13 07:16 PM

The minimum wage in Australia is 16 bucks an hour, Icant help but wonder why some of our Australian friends are not fighting to eliminate it and let the whims of the marketplace dictate terms of pay:wink:

With the conservatives in power, workplace relations will probably be undermined further, just as they were during their last tenure in office.

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Thu 10/10/13 10:05 PM
Edited by HotRodDeluxe on Thu 10/10/13 10:09 PM
Insurance goes up according to the expenditure on claims. For instance, after destructive cyclones, floods and bushfires that affected large numbers of people in Australia, insurance premiums skyrocketed. In addition, many suits award exorbitant payouts which are recouped via premiums. Rising medical costs contribute to the hikes in medical insurance premiums.

I know many are suspicious and hate insurance companies, but they are not charities, they are profitable businesses that have to provide dividends and show growth.

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Thu 09/19/13 08:20 PM
Edited by HotRodDeluxe on Thu 09/19/13 08:21 PM
U.S Arms Terorrists?

Not really, this is merely anti-Obama hyperbole and quite divorced from the reality. The WH press release on the matter is quite illuminating, in that the material aid is being channelled to the FSA via the SNC, with the caveat that nothing finds its way to Al-Nusra or Al-Qaeda. All this is being done under a strict monitoring process and the very idea of arming extremists is ridiculous to say the least.

No doubt many will choose to believe whatever takes their fancy.

HotRodDeluxe's photo
Tue 09/17/13 08:44 PM
Sign of the Times? Yeah, that's got cred. noway

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25