Community > Posts By > musicnart

musicnart's photo
Tue 04/01/14 03:58 PM
Personally, I love wearing heels - but I'm really short. If I don't, I have noticed that sometimes people will speak to me like I'm a kid.

For ladies who find their heels to be "torture devices" - make sure your shoes are fitting properly (a lot of people wear a larger size in a heel because of how the foot sits) and try to find a heel that isn't too high or too thin. Makes a big difference!

musicnart's photo
Mon 03/31/14 09:47 PM
I actually have a legitimate question about this topic. I'm 47 - I get a lot of messages from younger guys, and I don't know if they're just messing with me, or if they're serious. I have no problem being in a relationship with a younger man, but are younger guys actually looking for a relationship with a mature woman?

musicnart's photo
Mon 03/31/14 08:58 AM
Breakups are significant changes, and any bad breakup is even more stressful. Fear is a natural response to stress, and the fact that you can identify it as fear and not just shift into being angry shows emotional maturity. It sounds like you have experienced emotional trauma and you are hurt.

My encouragement for you is to be gentle with yourself. Honour your feelings, including the fear, by acknowledging all of your emotions and naming them without judging yourself. Please try to take some time for yourself everyday to just breathe deeply and consider how many ways you are a gift to those around you.

musicnart's photo
Sun 03/30/14 09:21 PM
I cried a little earlier this evening - my dad died just over a year ago and I am still missing him. I heard something that made me think of him and I was missing him again.

musicnart's photo
Sun 03/30/14 09:19 PM
I absolutely get not wanting children - mine are adults. I have no problem if I were to meet someone who had, say, teenagers or something - but I am not into raising little kids. My brother is 45 and has two kids under 5 - he is absolutely exhausted and has no energy for self-care. Maybe if my kids were younger I would be interested in little kids?

musicnart's photo
Sun 03/30/14 09:10 PM
May I encourage a picture where you are laughing? Personally, I like a profile that has a little more information in it. Good luck!!

musicnart's photo
Sun 03/30/14 09:08 PM
Well - it seems pretty clear that you are looking for sex and nothing else, am I right? I have to say that what you have posted will attract a certain population of women. Honestly, your profile says you are 29, but what you have in it seems much less mature.

What kind of feedback are you actually looking for?

musicnart's photo
Sat 03/29/14 04:39 AM
I know it's not my business, but I am fascinated with this discussion.

Honesty is beautiful and the reality is that anything can be offered in a gentle way. I think there is a difference between being truthful and being blunt - I can be truthful and clear, and I don't ever have to give my power away to anyone else without having to be blunt.

If truth and honesty is what I am valuing, then that is separate from how I deliver truth and honesty. I absolutely want truth and honesty from people in my life, but I believe it can be offered gently and in a nurturing way. When I receive a rude, angry or aggressive message, I have a hard time trusting or accepting the message - even when it's valuable. And I guess the piece that travels with honesty is about boundaries - and we all get to decide if and how much we allow someone else's behaviour to affect us.

Just some thoughts - or am I way off base?

musicnart's photo
Fri 03/28/14 04:01 PM
How about we treat others with love, acceptance and tolerance?

Practice random acts of kindness.

Share what we value.

Offer cautious trust first, and if it is breached, love ourselves enough to move on.

Love with abandon, by never abandoning ourselves to love.

Smile first.

Respect more - especially those who are hardest to respect for they are hurting the most.

Celebrate each other and breathe.

I saw a beautiful quote the other day, "Peace and calm are the closest we can get to perfection. Isn't it lovely that they are both choices?" It was painted on the side of a building - what an incredible gift for all who pass by!!!