Community > Posts By > redheadedlady54

redheadedlady54's photo
Sun 05/14/17 03:25 AM

I like the woman that posted she was 200 years old. I was curious,so I asked her what it was like to live in Abe Lincoln's time. No response! I was disappointed.:smile:
That's a great idea. Think I'll change my age.

redheadedlady54's photo
Sun 05/14/17 03:23 AM

Why is it that so many profiles show an image of a person with a certain age, and then in their profile they give a totally different age. I don't mean a year or 2, but more like 6-8 years difference.
What am I missing?
They are time travelers. lol.
I've seen this too many many times. We have all changed with time and a lot of people believe they looked better when they were younger. I know I feel that way. These people will use old photos of themselves thinking no one will notice I guess but hey, we DO.
I usually point it out to them and ask for a recent pic. Anyone with a camera on their cell phone can take a selfie and post it. If they refuse to do this then I move on.

redheadedlady54's photo
Sun 05/14/17 03:20 AM
I'm not having any luck on this site and I suppose it's because I am an older lady. Not sure.
It's difficult to meet guys in my area because it's so touristy and people come and go. I don't hang out in bars and I wouldn't want to date anyone who does so I don't know where all the single guys are.
They're certainly not in Publix! lol.

redheadedlady54's photo
Sun 05/14/17 03:16 AM
I live in Kissimmee and lived in Orlando for a long time. Kissimmee is such a touristy area that it's really difficult to meet anyone.
This town is heavily populated with Hispanics too which isn't a problem except that I don't speak nor understand Spanish. I am actually attracted to Hispanic men. They stare at me when I go out but are afraid to approach me. They're probably married.

redheadedlady54's photo
Sat 05/13/17 03:29 PM

Why does it feel like there are very few people on here being serious and participating in these threads I don't understand why there isn't more people on here. I understand that a lot are watching but just how many are watching? If you are only watching let me know. I don't understand why you only watch when everyone is having trouble getting through all the bots and scamers.
It would be nice if there was a chat room for us on here. It's one reason why I am on Facebook because I enjoy chatting in real time.
I don't come into the forums very often because like some ladies, I'm too busy reading messages from scammers and catfish and reporting them. lol.
I'm also on OKCupid and do the same thing on there.
Actually, I spend most of my time painting in my studio and sometimes I forget about these forums.

redheadedlady54's photo
Sat 05/13/17 03:23 PM

let's see...been four years single now
after being married for twenty
so there's a few things I like

I like that I now only have to take two people's likes and dislikes
into account when I go grocery shopping ( son and I)
I like..deciding when to clean my house on my terms and on my schedule
and not because I have to live up to someone else's expectations.
I like being able to divide up how I spend my time without having to explain myself or ask for permission.." honey can I go get my hair done?"
I like waking up in the morning and going out to make my coffee
and waking my son up for school knowing that my mood is not going to be influenced by anyone else
I like being able to voice my opinion without someone over-riding it, interupting or dismissing what I have to say

I like what you said: "knowing that my mood is not going to be influenced by anyone else". This is one reason I like living alone. When I wake up in the morning I can feel good knowing that I don't have to put up with anyone's bad mood. Just my own.

redheadedlady54's photo
Sat 05/13/17 03:18 PM

dolphin....ssshhhh lol. lets keep this as our own secret.lets make sure nobody else is listening ok hahhaha.

i have been there and done being married. im not looking forward to marry again unless i know my
life will never be as happy as i can without that very special person by my side love

hoping the best for everybody here in mingle
:angel:
Not to worry. I don't think any of the scammers on this site are interested in getting married to anyone here. All of the messages I get on here are from scammers and/or catfish. Today alone I received over ten and every one of them were scammers.

redheadedlady54's photo
Sat 05/13/17 03:14 PM
I have been married before and I am happy to be single. Well, let's just say, unmarried.
I enjoy my time by myself so I can do the things I like to do without someone complaining about that I'm not spending enough time with them.
However, being single does have its downside. No one to go places with, no one to share things with. Things like that.
I prefer sleeping alone and never was one to spoon. I live in Florida and even though my house is cool, I get hot at night when I'm trying to sleep. I don't mind cuddling for a while but when it's time to sleep I want the bed to myself.
At this age I am pretty much 'set' in my ways and it's difficult to find anyone to date. I don't tolerate much and am not very patient. Guess I'm better off alone. :(

redheadedlady54's photo
Tue 05/02/17 04:33 AM

All the lovely ladies in here should be queens - no reason to have just 1.
That's a great idea! All ladies on here are queens! Wait a minute. That doesn't sound right. Lol.laugh

redheadedlady54's photo
Tue 05/02/17 04:32 AM

The secular versions of May Day, observed in Europe and America, may be best known for their traditions of dancing around the maypole and crowning the Queen of May. Fading in popularity since the late 20th century is the giving of "May baskets," small baskets of sweets or flowers, usually left anonymously on neighbours' doorsteps.

Anyone want to nominate a Queen of May?
You can nominate me. My birthday is on the 13th.

redheadedlady54's photo
Tue 05/02/17 04:30 AM

People feel safer to be more social online. I'm good in either scenario but online is more convenient.
It's more convenient but not practical. It seems like too many people only want an online relationship and they don't really want to meet in person.

redheadedlady54's photo
Tue 05/02/17 04:28 AM

I was walking down 8th avenue in Manhattan one day in the late 70's. I was approached by this very friendly woman on the corner of 8th avenue and 42nd street who asked me "Do you want a date?" How friendly is that? Never had that happen to me on Mingle2.
How much money did you pay her? lol

redheadedlady54's photo
Tue 05/02/17 04:26 AM

What is the difference in making friends on mingle or someone off the street
The people you meet on the street aren't usually trying to scam you or catfish you. You can actually see who they are as opposed to fake profiles.

redheadedlady54's photo
Tue 05/02/17 04:17 AM

I did a fashion show this last weekend

Really what did you do exactly?

OT: I once wrestled a giraffe down with my bare hands.

That's pretty interesting.

I modeled for a local fashion show.

OT
I've been feeling vaguely artistic. I'm thinking of painting again

You should. I paint and love it.

redheadedlady54's photo
Tue 05/02/17 04:17 AM
I don't hate anyone on here because I've never met anyone from here. However, I DO hate someone who is/was on OKCupid. He tried to scam me after we went out once. I don't hate him but I really don't like him.

redheadedlady54's photo
Tue 05/02/17 04:15 AM
I once lived in a teepee in the high elevations of Idaho. I had my two children with me. One was four and one was a newborn.
I once lived in a hippy commune in Montana.
I met Michael Jackson.
I rode a Harley for many years.
I worked as a scenic painter at Animal Kingdom, have met Michael Eisner (no big deal), met Joe Rodi who designed Animal Kingdom. Also worked as a scenic painter at Islands of Adventure and Seaworld.

redheadedlady54's photo
Tue 05/02/17 04:02 AM

I come here to laugh at the scammers and the idiots who think they can get free sex chat or nudie pics.

Oh, and the waffles. They make great waffles here.

I laughed at the scammers and idiots for a while but then got tired of it. I recognize them straight away. My 'go-to' questions to call them out are: Are you on Facebook? no. Do you video chat? no. You're a scammer.
They usually ask for my email address and phone number and I never give that information out until after I get to know someone. I don't even use my email account for personal contact.
I've never allowed a scammer to go very far but have been curious what the scam is.

redheadedlady54's photo
Tue 05/02/17 03:59 AM
I joined trying to find someone to date and possibly have a relationship with. So far all I've found are scammers and people who like to catfish.
I am also on OKCupid and it's the same thing over there. I don't understand it.
Since December I met three guys from OKCupid, none from here. I'm now thinking that dating sites are just for scammers.

redheadedlady54's photo
Sun 04/23/17 03:02 AM

How can you tell if they are sincere or not. I personally don't believe whatever they say about the how older women attract to them

Bottom line is a younger man just wants to use an older woman for sex. I don't believe their BS personally but that is just my opinion for what its worth.

Older woman here. So far I have found what you said to be true. Younger men want older women for sex. Just because we are older it doesn't mean that we have learned everything there is to know about sex and the universe.
I was seeing a much younger guy for a couple of months and he seemed to believe that I was some sort of female guru. He seemed amazed at my vast knowledge and how wise I am. Lol. I tried to explain to him that knowledge and life experience comes from living.
This guy is the only one who liked me for ME and he actually fell in love with me. I had to break off the relationship though because he is much too immature for me and honestly I'm not sure if he will EVER grow up.

redheadedlady54's photo
Sun 04/23/17 02:53 AM

Personally I don't mind dating a woman that's 2 years older but that's about as old as I will go...yup...

i'll go with the same age as me, but no more than 15 years younger... 35 is pretty mature, for a woman...
.. son of a box of raisins.. nobody told me we were allowed to date younger women..lol.. 15 years younger sounds about right..lol...
Just mature enough to follow a conversation... but still young enough to think we are gods..lmao
Well, us older women know for a fact that you guys aren't 'gods'. You can fool some of the women some of the time.....

Previous 1 3