Community > Posts By > Redshirt

Redshirt's photo
Wed 08/19/09 08:47 PM

Am having difficulty with Firefox access websites. It either takes a long time or get a "server not found" message. Anyone else having problems with 3.5.2?

I notice that with the latest Firefox builds some of them has issus with Norton antivirus. What kind of antivirus do you use?

I use Kapersky as my firewall and antivirus. Won't go into my feelings about Norton. grumble

Redshirt's photo
Mon 08/17/09 09:46 PM
In the State of Arizona any one can carry a gun in the open as long as they have met state and federal requirements. That is one of the reasons few presidents and few presidential candidates ever visit more than the Phoenix area. Don't like the law...but it is the law. Still don't like going into a grocery and seeing some one packing a side arm. Though most folks are pretty wise about it.

Redshirt's photo
Mon 08/17/09 08:24 PM
Might try that. Their solution for using Kapersky is out of date. Know they want to reinforce the security...but please don't send out an upgrade until it works correctly. grumble

Redshirt's photo
Mon 08/17/09 07:00 PM
Am having difficulty with Firefox access websites. It either takes a long time or get a "server not found" message. Anyone else having problems with 3.5.2?

Redshirt's photo
Mon 08/10/09 10:03 PM
Visine by the gallonrofl

Redshirt's photo
Sat 08/08/09 11:13 PM
We do have the Freedom of Speech in this country. It is helpful to keep in mind that it does not include slander. With respects you have crossed a number of lines of good taste. Your comments are more inflammatory then honest criticism.

Redshirt's photo
Tue 08/04/09 11:27 AM
Winx,

I'm so sorry for your brother and all the people in Louisville. Been in some heavy rains...but nothing like that. My heart goes out to them all. CNN is showing it right now. WOW

Redshirt's photo
Wed 07/22/09 08:40 PM

Day Late and a Dollar short.

Happy Birthday Winx.
flowerforyou

MM, remember a GPS doesn't remind you about birthdays. :wink:

Redshirt's photo
Tue 07/21/09 10:41 AM
Another year...another birthday....Now the big 50.

Would tell you the first thing to go...but I forget. laugh flowerforyou

Happy birthday my Friend.

Redshirt's photo
Sat 07/18/09 10:06 PM
There was a problem several years ago with some cordless phones making "phantom" 911 calls. For that reason many of the newer phones do not have 911 programed into them. Check your phone and see if the #1 is set to for 911.

Also if there has been a lot of lightning around lately it could mess up a cordless phone....even if you did not suffer a lightning strike. A surge or a drop in the voltage on the line could cause problems. Might want to call the phone company and have them check your outside line. They could have a problem.

Redshirt's photo
Tue 07/14/09 06:13 PM

How nice to see Stan "The Man" again. Enjoyed watching him play. Not to mention Lou Brook, Bob Gibbon, and the rest. Watched my first pro game at the 1st Busch Stadium (Sportsman Park). Oh the memories of St. Louis Baseball...the voice of Harry Carry and Jack Buck calling the games.

I ate at the Stan Musial restaurant before it closed. It was one of the nicer restaurants.

My Aunt used to date Bob Gibson many years ago. I met the whole Cardinals team then. My family and I had dinner with them. They gave me an autographed ball.

OMG...when was that? Remember when "Gibby's" leg got broken by a line drive and he was out for awhile. His wife smoked and said she couldn't wait for him to start playing again because she was tired of "sneaking" cigs.

When did Stan & Biggie's close? I've been away too long. tears

Redshirt's photo
Tue 07/14/09 06:03 PM
How nice to see Stan "The Man" again. Enjoyed watching him play. Not to mention Lou Brook, Bob Gibbon, and the rest. Watched my first pro game at the 1st Busch Stadium (Sportsman Park). Oh the memories of St. Louis Baseball...the voice of Harry Carry and Jack Buck calling the games.

Redshirt's photo
Mon 07/13/09 08:50 PM
Remember that game. They put air conditioning in the dugouts after the game. Believe it was also the last All Star game that was played during the day.

Redshirt's photo
Fri 07/03/09 10:45 PM

Haven't tried it but it sounds like such fun it might be on the top of my Christmas list. Hopeing the price comes down on the gear. Only thing I wonder about is what happens when you get lost looking for something? lol

You just follow your "trail" on the device back to where you started from.

Here in the desert that isn't always a problem. Especially if you have a 4X4. Then there are a number that are just off the road. Almost close enough to be a "park and cache". :laughing:

Redshirt's photo
Fri 07/03/09 05:25 PM
Think there is more to this then is currently known. No doubt there is going to be a lot of speculation. Which is going to make it hard to tell fact from fiction.

Redshirt's photo
Thu 06/25/09 10:54 AM
By BOB THOMAS

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Farrah Fawcett, the "Charlie's Angels" star whose feathered blond hair and dazzling smile made her one of the biggest sex symbols of the 1970s, died Thursday after battling cancer. She was 62.

The pop icon, who in the 1980s set aside the fantasy girl image to tackle serious roles, died shortly before 9:30 a.m. in a Santa Monica hospital, spokesman Paul Bloch said.

Ryan O'Neal, the longtime companion who had reunited with Fawcett as she fought a--l cancer, was at her side, along with close friend Alana Stewart, Bloch said.

"After a long and brave battle with cancer, our beloved Farrah has passed away," O'Neal said. "Although this is an extremely difficult time for her family and friends, we take comfort in the beautiful times that we shared with Farrah over the years and the knowledge that her life brought joy to so many people around the world."

Redshirt's photo
Mon 06/15/09 06:30 PM

Alaska cruise would have to be in June, July or early August I would think.

Yep that is when Rains says the tourist show up.

Redshirt's photo
Mon 06/15/09 04:08 PM

Any suggestions on where to go to Redshirt. We can have a vote and go to where the majority rules.

Well there are cruises that leave Seattle and go up the Inner Passage. Know that one stops at Sitka. Talked with Rains and she said there are a number of Minglers up in that part of Alaska and Canada.

Think about it...get to know each other on the cruise and others along the way.

Do know this that cruises often are booked a year in advance for groups.

Do we have any travel agents around???

Redshirt's photo
Mon 06/15/09 03:08 PM
It could be an Alaskan cruise so the folks up north could be visited.

Redshirt's photo
Mon 06/15/09 03:03 PM

I have satellite (Dish) and not noticed a difference. I'm thinking of switching to cable in the fall... and hope any/all bugs get worked out before then.

The switch did not effect for those who have satellite or cable. Those are already transmitted in digital.

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25