Just one drop,
A rain drop away!!!

: )

Nice poem...:heart:
flowers

Redshirt's photo
Mon 04/13/09 09:33 PM

gotta love em

Would you like to elaborate on that statement? Could get interesting.

Redshirt's photo
Mon 04/13/09 09:19 PM

:heart: Can a relationship between two people last if one person is incredibly intimidated by the others physical beauty, intelligence and personality?:heart:Is it "normal" to feel insignificant and completely unworthy next to such a person?:heart:

Well Mirror again you have come up with an interesting question or two to ponder.

Would think that if one was "incredibly intimidated...." one would not even reach out to the other.

As for feeling being normal to feel "unworthy"...not sure that would be the term I would use. Possibly might think, "what did I do to be so fortunate."

Lets face it we all have our insecurities. Sometime they are major...sometime they are not...sometimes they can be "deal breakers"...hopefully they can be talked about.

Redshirt's photo
Mon 04/13/09 08:19 PM
Am neither, think the following applies to everyone.

Would suggest getting involved in the forums. Be patient and let friendships develop naturally.

And welcome to the weird world of Mingle.

Redshirt's photo
Mon 04/13/09 05:39 PM
Welcome and enjoy.

Redshirt's photo
Mon 04/13/09 05:38 PM

:heart: I know you love me when you___________?:heart:

You not only tell me as well as show me in little ways.

Redshirt's photo
Mon 04/13/09 04:48 PM

Do I need to enter any Interest Income (1099-INT) forms?

I dont even know what that means!

The IRS website will be happy to help. And the will answer all your questions.

Redshirt's photo
Sun 04/12/09 09:53 PM
Dolphin,

Would e-mail the info to you...but your filters prevent it. Drop me a note and then would be able to respond to you.

Redshirt's photo
Sun 04/12/09 09:47 PM

there are tons of jobs posting for texas but it is so damn hot there in the summer. True? Fun things to do? Best place in texas to live?

Come to Arizona. To hot in the Valley of the Sun...(aka Phoeni)..Look at Flagstaff or Prescott area. To cold in Flagstaff/Prescott area. Look towards Kingman. When it is hot in the summer ... mountains are right here to cool off in or to live in. Close enough to Vegas for weekend get aways. And we have houses/condos that are available at reasonable prices.

I would really like to live out in arizona. I hate the cold and would love to have sun most of the days. Is there lot of job there? I was actually thinking about hooking up with the traveling nursing to see where they can find me job and a place to live.

Will do some quick checking.

Redshirt's photo
Sun 04/12/09 09:27 PM
Edited by Redshirt on Sun 04/12/09 09:29 PM

there are tons of jobs posting for texas but it is so damn hot there in the summer. True? Fun things to do? Best place in texas to live?

Come to Arizona. To hot in the Valley of the Sun...(aka Phoeni)..Look at Flagstaff or Prescott area. To cold in Flagstaff/Prescott area. Look towards Kingman. When it is hot in the summer ... mountains are right here to cool off in or to live in. Close enough to Vegas for weekend get aways. And we have houses/condos that are available at reasonable prices.

Redshirt's photo
Sun 04/12/09 05:38 PM
The Grand Canyon. Though we do share it with Utah.

Redshirt's photo
Sun 04/12/09 05:36 PM
Welcome from Northern AZ.

Enjoy the site. Just keep in mind sometime we forget to take our meds. :laughing:

Redshirt's photo
Sat 04/11/09 10:26 PM
New computer...always a nice thing to have around.

Have fun. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Redshirt's photo
Wed 04/08/09 08:12 PM
Think of it as both. Have met a couple of people from here...and have made a number of friends because of this place. It is what you make of it.

Redshirt's photo
Wed 04/08/09 07:54 PM

I am a freshman in college. Having said that, I am there to get a job, ( I hope.) I am not there to find a partner. And If I did it wouldnt be based on if the guy was also college educated. It would be based on if he treats me well and if he isnt abusive or isnt an adictive personality, (Drugs or alcohol.) To say that college folks look down on non college folks is wrong. JMO I just hope I dont get Stupid by going to school. I pray that I will keep my common sense and remember where I was in life before college.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Redshirt's photo
Wed 04/08/09 07:44 PM
By definition...intelligence is the ability to take knowledge learned in one aspect of life and apply it to a different aspect of life.

Redshirt's photo
Wed 04/08/09 07:41 PM

I am of the belief that college educated people do not marry, (for the most part) non college people, even though they work just as hard or harder. People of college feel just because they went and you didn't they somehow are better than you..Do most of you agree with me?

Sorry I don't agree with you on this subject I have so many degrees that some call me an over educated idiot. I much prefer a man that physically works with his hands. I don't care what certificates or degree's he has, I care about his intelligence.

The smartest person I ever knew was my grandfather, he went to all of 3rd grade, he could give you figures on materials, etc faster than people could using pen and paper and he was always right. He was more diversly well read, than most educated people of his generation .

I think this attitude is very insulting. In my experience and in all my travels I have NEVER SEEN THIS... I have been around the world a few times I have sat down to dinner with diplomat's and fish cleaners. They were all exciting and interesting enriching my life in more ways than any degree could ever do.

If this happens to be the New Norm... I feel pity for the ones that chooses to indulge this behavior I believe they will miss out on many many great life experiences.

Sorry if this post offends anyone.. Not meant to just giving my opinion.

I don't have college, just trade school, and I feel this way..seems to me that's the way it is. If you want a good job, college is the only ticket.

Nothing wrong with having gone to trade school. Have a very dear friend who started working on computers in the very early days of computers. He knows more about them then people with grad degrees in computer science. He can diagnosis problems simply by looking at what the computer is doing. He has the capability of using some equipment that folks with degrees have never even heard of.

Redshirt's photo
Wed 04/08/09 07:33 PM

Well, I can only speak for myself....dumb@ssed ain't attractive.

A degree doesn't say you are smart. It only says you have met the requirements of the degree. Know a number of "educated idiots" and very smart people who attended the "school of hard knocks." To quote Forest Gump, "Stupid is as stupid does."

Redshirt's photo
Wed 04/08/09 07:26 PM
Edited by Redshirt on Wed 04/08/09 07:28 PM

I am of the belief that college educated people do not marry, (for the most part) non college people, even though they work just as hard or harder. People of college feel just because they went and you didn't they somehow are better than you..Do most of you agree with me?

Sorry I also strongly disagree with you. A college/graduate degree is simply a piece of paper. It has nothing to do with whither or not one person is better than another person.

With apologies if your point (in my opinion) had any merit I would only be interested in people with not only a graduate degree, but post graduate work.

Personally don't feel as though I'm better than anyone else. In fact some of the people I admire the most do not have a college degree. Several of them did not even graduate high school. It isn't the number of degrees you have, your GPA, academic honors earned, or where you went to school that make you special. It is the person that is on the inside.

If a person believes that a college degree defines who they are, I feel sorry for them. Who you are is determined by what you have made of yourself.

Again...simply my humble opinion.

Redshirt's photo
Wed 04/08/09 05:21 PM

If you ask a question, and don't get the answer you want.... what do you do?

Ask for clarification if and when appropriate.

Of course if you are wanting to ask a question one needs to be open to whatever answer is given.

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25