Community > Posts By > Milesoftheusa

Milesoftheusa's photo
Sat 11/19/16 08:26 PM

I saw that the moon is hollow and they believe that an alien base is their that someone put the moon their by design. Maybe Pluto is Hollow

Milesoftheusa's photo
Sat 11/19/16 07:25 PM

How "Yeshua" Became "Jesus"

The first letter in the name Yeshua ("Jesus") is the yod. Yod represents the "Y" sound in Hebrew. Many names in the Bible that begin with yod are mispronounced by English speakers because the yod in these names was transliterated in English Bibles with the letter "J" rather than "Y". This came about because in early English the letter "J" was pronounced the way we pronounce "Y" today. All proper names in the Old Testament were transliterated into English according to their Hebrew pronunciation, but when English pronunciation shifted to what we know today, these transliterations were not altered. Thus, such Hebrew place names as ye-ru-sha-LA-yim, ye-ri-HO, and yar-DEN have become known to us as Jerusalem, Jericho, and Jordan; and Hebrew personal names such as yo-NA, yi-SHAI, and ye-SHU-a have become known to us as Jonah, Jesse, and Jesus.

The yod is the smallest letter of the alphabet, which is why Yeshua used it in His famous saying in Matt 5:18: "Until heaven and earth pass away not one yod ("iota" in the Greek text) or one kots will pass from the Torah." For emphasis, Yeshua incorporated in this saying a well-known Hebrew expression: lo' yod ve-LO' ko-TSO shel yod, "not a yod and not a 'thorn' of a yod," i.e., not the most insignificant and unimportant thing. When Yeshua declared that heaven and earth might sooner disappear than the smallest letter of the Hebrew alphabet, or the smallest stroke of a letter, He was simply saying that the Torah ("Law" or "Teaching") of Moses would never cease to be.

The second sound in Yeshua's name is called tse-RE, and is pronounced almost like the letter "e" in the word "net". Just as the "Y" sound of the first letter is mispronounced in today's English, so too the first vowel sound in "Jesus". Before the Hebrew name "Yeshua" was transliterated into English, it was first transliterated into Greek. There was no difficulty in transliterating the tse-RE sound since the ancient Greek language had an equivalent letter which represented this sound. And there was no real difficulty in transcribing this same first vowel into English. The translators of the earliest versions of the English Bible transliterated the tse-RE in Yeshua with an "e". Unfortunately, later English speakers guessed wrongly that this "e" should be pronounced as in "me," and thus the first syllable of the English version of Yeshua came to be pronounced "Jee" instead of "Yeh". It is this pronunciation which produced such euphemistic profanities as "Gee" and "Geez".

Since Yeshua is spelled "Jeshua" and not "Jesus" in most English versions of the Old Testament (for example in Ezra 2:2 and 2 Chronicles 31:15), one easily gets the impression that the name is never mentioned in the Hebrew Scriptures. Yet 'Yeshua' appears there twenty-nine times, and is the name of at least five different persons and one village in the southern part of Yehudah ("Judah").

In contrast to the early biblical period, there were relatively few different names in use among the Jewish population of the Land of Israel at the time of the Second Temple. The name Yeshua was one of the most common male names in that period, tied with Eleazer for fifth place behind Simon, Joseph, Judah, and John. Nearly one out of ten persons known from the period was named Yeshua.

The first sound of the second syllable of Yeshua is the "sh" sound. It is represented by the Hebrew letter shin. However Greek, like many other languages, has no "sh" sound. Instead, the closest approximation, the Greek sigma, was used when transcribing "Yeshua" as "Iesus". Translators of English versions of the New Testament transliterated the Greek transcription of a Hebrew name, instead of returning to the original Hebrew. This was doubly unfortunate, first because the "sh" sound exists in English, and second because in English the "s" sound can shift to the "z" sound, which is what happened in the case of the pronunciation of "Jesus".

The fourth sound one hears in the name Yeshua is the "u" sound, as in the word "true". Like the first three sounds, this also has come to be mispronounced but in this case it is not the fault of the translators. They transcribed this sound accurately, but English is not a phonetic language and "u" can be pronounced in more than one way. At some point the "u" in "Jesus" came to be pronounced as in "cut," and so we say "Jee-zuhs."

The "a" sound, as in the word "father," is the fifth sound in Jesus' name. It is followed by a guttural produced by contracting the lower throat muscles and retracting the tongue root- an unfamiliar task for English speakers. In an exception to the rule, the vowel sound "a" associated with the last letter "ayin" (the guttural) is pronounced before it, not after. While there is no equivalent in English or any other Indo-European language, it is somewhat similar to the last sound in the name of the composer, "Bach." In this position it is almost inaudible to the western ear. Some Israelis pronounce this last sound and some don't, depending on what part of the dispersion their families returned from. The Hebrew Language Academy, guardian of the purity of the language, has ruled that it should be sounded, and Israeli radio and television announcers are required to pronounce it correctly. There was no letter to represent them, and so these fifth and sixth sounds were dropped from the Greek transcription of "Yeshua," -the transcription from which the English "Jesus" is derived.

So where did the final "s" of "Jesus" come from? Masculine names in Greek ordinarily end with a consonant, usually with an "s" sound, and less frequently with an "n" or "r" sound. In the case of "Iesus," the Greeks added a sigma, the "s" sound, to close the word. The same is true for the names Nicodemus, Judas, Lazarus, and others.

English speakers make one further change from the original pronunciation of Jesus' name. English places the accent on "Je," rather than on "sus." For this reason, the "u" has shortened in its English pronunciation to "uh."

In the West, a child's name is often chosen for its pleasant sound, or because another family member had it. The Jews of the Second Temple period also named after relatives (Luke 1:59-63). However, almost all Jewish names have a literal meaning. Occasionally this is seen in English names too, such as Scott (a person from Scotland), Johnson (son of John), and Baker (bread maker). But with Hebrew names it is the rule, rather than the exception.

The name Yeshua means The LORD's Salvation, or Cry Out to the LORD for Help. It is the short version of Yehoshua, literally "YHWH saves (or turns) us". In comparison, prior to being transliterated from the Hebrew Bible, the name Ἰησοῦς (Iesous) did not exist in Greek. Through multiple translations and changes in pronunciation, a tradition of saying "Jesus" has obscured His name, "Yeshua." It has shifted His perceived message and identity from Hebrew to Greek.

Heb 4:8-9

8 For if JESUS had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
KJV

Heb 4:8-10

8 For if JOSHUA had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day. 9 There remains therefore a rest for the people of God.
NKJV

now Joshua or Jesus which is correct?

How do they explain the English translation of this error? Why the error? E or O? or maybe A. His name did reflect his fathers.

John 5:43-44
I have come in My Father's name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, him you will receive.
NKJV

How do you say HalleluJAH with a Y or a J? why an A? JAH or YAH?

Milesoftheusa's photo
Sat 11/12/16 06:50 PM

"CALIFORNIA OVERWHELMINGLY VOTED TO SEGREGATE CHILDREN IN SCHOOL BASED ON THE LANGUAGE THEY SPEAK."

http://youtu.be/xr3EUoD7Cxw/

Proposition 58

California will bring back bilingual education as Proposition 58 cruises to victory -

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/trailguide/la-na-election-day-2016-proposition-58-bilingual-1478220414-htmlstory.html

Public schools in California will have more power to develop their own bilingual and multilingual programs after voters on Tuesday approved a measure repealing English-only instruction across the state.

With nearly 21% of 24,849 precincts reporting, Proposition 58 appeared to coast to victory, with 73% support among voters. Twenty-seven percent of voters sought to defeat it.

Proposition 58, the product of 2014 legislation written by Ricardo Lara (D-Bell Gardens), overhauls key parts of a 1998 law that requires students to take classes taught only English, unless parents sign a waiver requesting otherwise.

Do like they want about the Bathrooms. English or no funds.

Milesoftheusa's photo
Thu 11/10/16 04:00 AM

Things the public is apparently ok with

'They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime, they're rapists — and some, I assume, are good people."

'"He’s not a war hero. He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured."

""You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever. "

""Look at that face! Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that — the face of our next president!?""

"Well, I watch the shows. I mean, I really see a lot of great — you know, when you watch your show and all of the other shows ..."(on who he gets military advice from)

""Written by a nice reporter — now the poor guy, you gotta see this guy. [gesticulates] 'Ahh, I don't know what I said! I don't remember!' He's going, 'I don't remember!'"

""Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.""

"All I know is what’s on the Internet."

,,,, the disgusting mouth and out of touch mind that might lead our country,,,,UNBELIEVABLE

we will be better off though folks,, all just because he isn't a politician,,,,

I agree its sad people actually vote for trump just because they don't think a woman should be president,and they are most likely racists. and trump has supporters who will do everything in they're power to make Hillary seem bad! and to think there are so many hatefull people in America they actually made trump,a man who has no political expierence,the president of the united states.well lets just call trump adolf hitler jr.

I guess they are deplorables?

Milesoftheusa's photo
Sun 10/23/16 08:01 PM

I demand a Recount of the recounted Recount!
OwlGore

laugh

yes it is funny how the new presidents relatives decided the election.

Milesoftheusa's photo
Mon 10/17/16 12:54 AM

I would agree that lying is deceiving, my point is that the word today is used to mean saying something that is not true or that is incorrect

there is another word for that which is MISTAKEN, which is doing the above without INTENDING to deceive and merely because the speaker is misinformed themself

today, for example, a person could be asked what year they graduated and unintentionally give the wrong year(due to poor memory) and the 'FACTS' would uncover that the year is incorrect,,,,people would condemn that as the person being a LIAR,,,or intentionally deceiving when they were merely mistaken themselves,,,

its unfortunately not ok to have any weaknesses, need any help, or admit we dont know or remember things,, so people fumble to have an answer,, even if they dont really know or remember,,,,and its a shame because if they remember wrong or answer incorrectly,, the branding begins immediately

What is a false witness?

Milesoftheusa's photo
Mon 10/10/16 03:59 AM

God exists.
Deal with it.

he doesn't
Deal with it.
He does and you cannot stand the veracity of His existence bigsmile

prove his existence

Prove His non-existance biggrin

I got you here, using the simplest logical principles .... you claim the existence of god, thus you are the one who is asked to prove your claim, you can't ask others to justify their rejecting of your claim when you have no proof ;-)

That doesn't answer the OP's question. "God" can in fact mean many different viables to person to person, answer the OP
s questions.

I believe I did, he asked if god existed and I said no ...
next question ?

what proof do you have of anything coming into existance that was not designed 1st?

Milesoftheusa's photo
Thu 10/06/16 04:21 AM

Hopefully we will not use it for propaganda for war.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nayirah_(testimony)

Milesoftheusa's photo
Wed 10/05/16 06:55 AM

"Christains" who say "Don't judge!!!! Don't judge!!!! Don't judge!!!!" lack discernment.

Granted there is a need to find out what the Greek and Aramaic words for "judge" mean. But it is a sad fact that many so-called "christians" love to say "Don't judge!!!!" and thus imply that there is no need to point-out sin.

If there are no standards anymore- don't be shocked if a nation stops following God's ways.

I am not shocked.

I would like to know what nation does follow his ways?

Milesoftheusa's photo
Wed 10/05/16 06:39 AM

the fake robbery of an athlete made him famous. seems as lying the media loves

Milesoftheusa's photo
Mon 10/03/16 12:41 AM

If someone took advantage of my son or niece, the only high 5s would be to the face

laugh

I think that 15yr old kid should be charged with something too.

Those women were brutal scared

Sorry but I don't see the humor. I don't see anything funny about rape...especially of a child. He is a minor. Charged with what

Did the victim say rape, or was it the parents?

Just saying, I don't know a straight 15 year old who has not had that fantasy. This lucky guy gets to live it out and all hell rains down on him...

I guarantee he is now the most popular guy at his High School!

Equality at its best. tells you the truth

Milesoftheusa's photo
Thu 09/29/16 11:46 PM

If we get the truth their is no problem. if the truth has been hidden what does that say?

Milesoftheusa's photo
Tue 09/27/16 09:42 AM
maybe they are concerned about over population

Milesoftheusa's photo
Sat 09/17/16 05:08 AM

I've heard a lot of crappy stuff about voting in either HC or DT. The clincher was the saying that the US would become a 3rd World Country if either is elected within 4 years

waving Hello again.

It has already been set in motion, with this current administration. mad
So no matter who wins in November.... (if... we even have an election).. it is probably.. a Venezuela mode for us.

This plan was started in the 80's

Milesoftheusa's photo
Thu 09/08/16 11:08 AM

the 101 campaign. unions r bad. break the union give to the rich and they will take care of us. We said yes. the middle class makes too much. Break the unions who are the support for non union jobs. What happened when these evil unions was broken? Jobs suddenly left. Bad bad union .. their fault.

Milesoftheusa's photo
Thu 08/25/16 02:27 AM

As for me I'd stand with the Cherokee and Sioux

drinker

Milesoftheusa's photo
Mon 08/22/16 07:25 AM
Edited by Milesoftheusa on Mon 08/22/16 07:44 AM

When you as a pet lover fall in love with a person who isn't into pets, does it have a negative impact on your romantic feelings towards them?

For eg If your pet doesnt like the person that you are dating, would it discourage you from dating the person?

an animal can determine love? I wonder who is most important? an animal or a person. The way the world is going I am not surprised.

I wonder how many of us had parents who did not approve of who we fell in love with. Did their wisdom stop you?

Milesoftheusa's photo
Sun 08/21/16 07:38 AM

Jehovah what we know of the meaning of the name is the Hebrew Hovah part. Is this the creators attributes?

OT:1942

OT:1942 <START HEBREW>hW*h^
<END HEBREW> havvah (hav-vaw'); from OT:1933 (in the sense of eagerly coveting and rushing upon; by implication, of falling); desire; also ruin:

KJV - calamity, iniquity, mischief, mischievous (thing), naughtiness, naughty, noisome, perverse thing, substance, very wickedness.

OT:1943 <START HEBREW>ho*h
<END HEBREW> hovah (ho-vaw'); another form for OT:1942; ruin:

KJV - mischief.
(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

Milesoftheusa's photo
Sun 08/21/16 07:28 AM

Yeah, that's the Hebrew form of his name, the Greek version that most Christians use is Jehovah

Do you realize the J sound is very new? All Hebrew names can be broken down to deep meanings. What does Hovah mean in Hebrew?

Entirely true, Jahovah or Jesus are both modern day English. Derived from Yahweh/Yahshua

Look up hovah and then tell me that is derived from the creators name.

OT:1943 hovah

Jehovah the invented name: According to unsubstaniated tradition, the name Jehovah was first pronounced in this manner when vowel letter points were placed with the letters of the tetragrammaton YHVH in the Massoretic text. This text is claimed to have been vowel-marked by Rabbi Ben Asher sometime around the eighth century AD. The name Jehovah is first found in a manuscript of Martini's Pugio Fidei (1278AD), and in Galatinus (1518) who wrote an argument against abbreviating it to Jova because this would expose the name as being that of the Latin Jovis (Ibid). To escape a pagan connection it was claimed by these sacred-namers that the spelling of Jehovah was fabricated by taking the vowels out of the Hebrew Adhonay (LORD) and inserting them into the tetragrammaton YHVH. This also has not been substantiated. The King James version of 1611 contained this new invented name of God. Jehovah has three letter vowels "e", "o", and "a." There is no "e" letter vowel in Adhonay and to claim the "y" as "e" is the source, shows this is nothing but cooking up a name.

Yahweh the invented name: The name Yahweh has its roots deep in past civilizations among the gods of their pagan pantheons. Yahweh is not the name of the true Jewish God. This name was invented modernly by Benedictine Gilbertus Genebrardus between 1550-1567. Genebrardus became the champion of the Samaritan Bible's name for God. He extracted YaBe, changed the "B" to a "V" and produced YaVe, which as we can see is the same thing of the gnostics and neo-platoist Clement--Iao-ve, Epiphanius--Iave, Theodoret--Iabe! By adding the "h" he formed YaHveH and at last YaHweH as it is now spelled. It is interesting to note that not in Clement, Origen, Epiphanius, or Theodoret, was there an attempt to reconcile these names of pagan gods with a tetragrammation name of YHVH. Genebrardus did not try his hand at alphabet soup concerning the name of God until he translated the works of Origen and there he found the name of God issue and modernized the spelling. What has plagued this name Yahweh is the "Yah" portion that cannot be separated from paganism. This pagan prefix has been associated with Yah-shua the modern spelling suggested to replace the name of Jesus.

What has plagued this name Yahweh is the "Yah" portion that cannot be separated from paganism. This pagan prefix has been associated with Yah-shua the modern spelling suggested to replace the name of Jesus.

Really. Yah is pagan. Then HalleluYah is Pagan also.

The J came around in around 1400ad and this guy says its trying to replace jesus. and he did not just pull this out of his hat.

YHWH is in the dead sea scrolls.

that name jesus is so holy and Jehovah. and anyone can look up and see what hovah means and that name is sacred.

Milesoftheusa's photo
Sun 08/21/16 06:44 AM

Hey nailcap dude, I was just stating my opinion. I understand your passionate about this new technology and you are entitled to your opinion as well, and I do respect it. But please don't say that I don't care about the populace of any region in the world, that just isn't fair my friend. Most countries of the world have become a petroleum based society. I think there are other forms of green energy that are much safer than nuclear generated energy. What about hydrogen fuel cell technology, wind farms, (they are popping up all over the great lakes regions). Then there is hydro electric dams, and lets not forget that great big nuclear furnace in the sky that can provide an endless supply of solar energy. Then there is the moon and its gravitational pull on the earth causing the tides to shift which they have begun to use to harness energy. In Iceland they use the thermal energy occurring naturally in the ground to produce clean energy. Everything I have listed has it drawbacks but in my opinion, (and this is only my opinion), are far safer than nuclear energy and the bi- products it produces. :) You do have some valid points and I do agree with some of them, just not all of them. :)

everything u said is very true. Working in this industry all these are being brought online but the power they produce is small compared to nuclear. Nuclear is being worked on now with much more safety in mind than before but it is not what power companies want. The only reason they are is because of he govt. mandates for clean energy. their was a project I believe in Tx where they are trying to do as Iceland and drill 2 miles down run a continuous loop where water will be looped back to a plant as its heat source/boiler. This imo is the best possibility to stop nuclear from coming back strong no matter what the cost. electricity is where we are at without it we are in a very bad place very quickly

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25