Community > Posts By > ViaMusica

ViaMusica's photo
Sun 06/30/13 04:07 PM
So nobody should get married if they're not going to have kids? If one or both of them are infertile, or past the age of childbearing, or whatever?

Give me a break.

Also, marriage in the USA is a matter of civil law rather than religious tradition.

ViaMusica's photo
Sun 06/30/13 04:03 PM

That would be the only reason I would go to church. There are people there.

I'm lonely. sad

But I would only go to a UU church.

I prefer Pagan circles for "fellowship" of the church variety. I'm sure if I didn't have a full time job that requires me to have a lot of friendly contact with people everyday I would be lonely too and see it differently.

My church has pagan circles as well, in many congregations. That's one the the cool things I like about UUism.

What I like about my church is that it's a place where all of the various threads of my own beliefs come together and I can find like minds of all descriptions.

ViaMusica's photo
Sun 06/30/13 11:00 AM
You scare me. It's as simple as that. The way you take questions out of context, the way you seem to fixate on certain things. The way you've talked about trouble with the law. The way you keep saying, "I'm not a threat... do you feel threatened?" Yes, when someone keeps revisiting that, I do feel threatened, because why would they bring it up when I didn't?

I really don't want to continue conversing with you, so please stop addressing me.

ViaMusica's photo
Sun 06/30/13 09:43 AM
This isn't about you being a threat to anyone, although the fact that you keep bringing that word up and the tone of one of your earlier posts combine to make me nervous. As in, I wouldn't want to meet you unless I had a lot of trusted people with me and we were in a public place.

I will say this: I hope you are looking for gay and gay-supportive friends who will ask you to question your own attitudes a lot, and who probably aren't all that interested in 4-wheeling. Because that's what you're going to find if you go there.

ViaMusica's photo
Sun 06/30/13 08:42 AM
Thinking I wish I could stop thinking sometimes.

ViaMusica's photo
Sun 06/30/13 08:39 AM
Sometimes I almost wish I didn't care.

ViaMusica's photo
Sun 06/30/13 08:36 AM
Round and round... and the scenery's boring.

ViaMusica's photo
Sun 06/30/13 08:04 AM
Edited by ViaMusica on Sun 06/30/13 08:05 AM
And what you just posted makes you really incompatible with Unitarian Universalism. You have exclusivist beliefs, while ours are inclusivist. That's a really huge difference, and while the people in a UU congregation might be friendly to you as a person (because it's in our nature to do so), your beliefs would clash with theirs, and in the end neither you nor they would be comfortable.

ViaMusica's photo
Sun 06/30/13 12:19 AM
Edited by ViaMusica on Sun 06/30/13 12:23 AM
Miles, it would be a pointless thing for you to do, and I don't even know why you'd want to unless it is to stir up trouble and controversy. That's a piss-poor reason for doing something... and frankly, you'll be wasting both your own time and the time of the ministers, who SHOULD be using that time to carry out far more important work.

I mean, I can see it now: You go in with the same attitude you sometimes show here, looking to pick things apart and demanding biblical proof of positions... and they're going to look at you and say, "Who cares?" Because most of us don't view the bible the same way you do, and won't feel compelled to justify our views to you according to your interpretation of it.

See, here's the thing: The minister you approach might turn out not to be any kind of Christian at all (many UUs are not Christian). What happens if you find you're trying to have your discussion with someone who is a practicing Buddhist, or a Pagan? Neither of those are going to feel particularly compelled to discuss scripture with you.

If you truly believed "to each their own", you would just let them be.

Our faith teaches that each individual has to find his or her own path. You obviously have one that you feel works for you, which is fine. Whomever you wind up arguing with is going to feel that they have found THEIR own, and is neither going to try to convert you to theirs, nor are they going to convert to yours.

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 11:32 PM

Very appealing.

Very punny.

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 11:32 PM
No, but what I'm telling you is that what you're suggesting you want to do is considered very RUDE. So I'm asking you personally not to do it, as I don't want to inflict you on my coreligionists. Had I known you were intending to go there looking for a chance to hassle the ministers, I would never have even told you what faith I belong to.

Please find something else to do.

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 11:27 PM
I had a couple of scammers hit me up on other sites... yeesh. As in, eeewww.

Thankfully, it hasn't happened to me here. At least not yet, although given the number of looks my profile seems to get from guys in Nigeria, I'm sure someone's bound to try at some point.

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 11:19 PM
You really don't sound like you're "done" with her, if you're still carrying so much of her around that it makes you see all other women as being just like her.

You might just be better off not dating.

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 11:16 PM
Edited by ViaMusica on Sat 06/29/13 11:17 PM

I'll be honest... I don't think you'd really fit well in a Unitarian Universalist church, Miles. I think you're looking for something a lot more Bible-based and conservative. We're very diverse and liberal, so I'm not sure we'd be your cup of tea.

oh can't help but see. I will just go to a few services and listen and watch before I approach a minister to see if he would like to talk.

I do not talk to the congregation. except chit chat. I go straight to the leadership. they do not want anything to do with me and when they tell me something and I say turn here what about this.. oh they do not like me no more because the scripture does not bode well with them.. who knows what will happen.. the things that brought me here I do not believe their is no reason.. patience I need and try to wait to where I am put in a situation and then see why I am their.. not take myself their to see why I am their.

anyway.. what I wrote about coming out I know my computer went like hung up and I waited and waited and finally went back and what I wrote at the end was all mixed up..oh well

If you're going to go to a church with the intention of basically picking a fight about scripture, don't. That's just... well, it isn't what I'd call honest and in fact it's quite rude. So don't do it.

Besides which, my church doesn't really feel bound by scripture so you'll be wasting your time.

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 11:09 PM
Uh... what's with all the "how are ya" initials threads?

Here's a suggestion: Just find a thread that already exists and engage in discussions. This isn't Mocospace and we're a lot more laid-back here.

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 11:01 PM
I'll be honest... I don't think you'd really fit well in a Unitarian Universalist church, Miles. I think you're looking for something a lot more Bible-based and conservative. We're very diverse and liberal, so I'm not sure we'd be your cup of tea.

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 10:37 PM
laugh

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 10:22 PM
My ex and I are both still friends with the same people from when we were married. Ours was a completely amicable divorce with no animosity involved, and neither of us got "custody of the friends".

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 10:13 PM
Happy to help. :smile:

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 10:02 PM
Here, you can also read about our historical origins:

Our Historic Faith
:smile:

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25