Community > Posts By > dmckinnon

dmckinnon's photo
Thu 05/02/13 03:51 AM

...are soft, cuddly, smell good and are fun to be with. Just an observation.

Hmm, what planet do you live on?

dmckinnon's photo
Thu 05/02/13 03:48 AM
What kind of man/woman do you go for? Are they tall, short, skinny, fat, blonde, brunette, loud, quiet, arrogant or shy (just to name a few)?

Short, thin, brunette. These aren't conscious choices—they just seem to be what I'm attracted to. I'm sure if the right woman came along (regardless if she was short, thin or brunette) this could change, but it hasn't happened yet.

Are there certain things that attract you or turn you off?

Lady-like qualities (kind smile, listens attentively, pleasant, demure, etc.). I see too many women these days who are tough, cold, comatose and indifferent and it makes me wonder, 'What happened to all those lovely feminine qualities?'

Do you want them to work at impressing you, or would you rather them be themselves right away?

Having a woman try to impress me would be refreshing. So often the guy has to do all the work and that gets old. It would be nice to have a woman expend some energy on me for once.

dmckinnon's photo
Thu 05/02/13 03:20 AM

treat each other with respect, show that you are trustwothy,and be faithful and you should have a long lasting relationship

Hahahhaaaa....ohlololol....oh man....whew....thanks, I needed a laugh this morning.

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 04/30/13 05:29 AM
You could answer emails and make more friendsohwell laugh

Why? Did you send me an email? lol

dmckinnon's photo
Sun 04/28/13 03:12 PM

ok well now what

LOL...really. Just like a woman to make a post like this, then not respond.

dmckinnon's photo
Sun 04/28/13 10:12 AM

It's hard to get anywhere with a woman like that, especially if you can't see her regularly. I think that it's fine to say that you respect how she feels and that you are happy enough to just be friends for now but sooner or later you have to lay it on the line to her and tell her that you are looking for more than that. Otherwise you are just letting yourself in for a lot of heartache over somebody that isn't really worth it.

I've made it known to her how I feel. Now it's up to her to make the next move. If she doesn't, then I just move on.

dmckinnon's photo
Sun 04/28/13 04:54 AM
Edited by dmckinnon on Sun 04/28/13 04:54 AM

dmckinnon...do you still talk now? Did you feel any kind of connection with this person? If you still like her, you need to talk to her and see how she feels. Maybe she is afraid to make the first move towards you?
IF you had a connection, never give up until they actually tell you that they did not have any kind of feelings what so ever!
I don't think you have to much to worry about, you are a nice looking man with beautiful eyes....you will meet that right one some day. I hope you have the great personality to go with the looks! :smile:

Aw, what a nice compliment. Thanks. We do still talk—on the phone, through Facebook and text messages. I've come to know some things about her and one of them is she isn't overly romantic. She's even mentioned this a few times and said that it's been so long for her being with a man that she's not sure what to do. She was married for 25 years (got divorced four years ago), has five kids and a full life (job, raising the kids, involved in local plays, etc.)

She's so busy she hardly has time for herself, let alone a man. So I can understand and sympathize with what she's going through. I'm sure the non-responsiveness is all part of her busy life and lack of any romantic elements she has had. It takes a lot of time and energy to raise kids, and she has five of them. Plus she's had to do everything herself, because there's no longer a man in her life to help.

dmckinnon's photo
Sun 04/28/13 04:43 AM
Edited by dmckinnon on Sun 04/28/13 04:45 AM
In by books, a practising Christian would not consider having sex before marriage as acceptable. You cannot follow some laws of Christianity, ignore others and call yourself a believer.

Amen to that :)

Respectfully I disagree. Just because you are a Christian doesn't mean that you don't struggle with the same temptations as everyone else.

Yes, we do struggle every day with sin, but that doesn't mean we should give in to lusts and temptations just because we are human.

"No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it." (1 Corinthians 10:13)

We may have temptations, lusts and all manner of fleshly woes, but we who are saved have been given the mind of Christ and the Spirit who intercedes on our behalf with the Father. With these blessings and His strength we can overcome anything—if we chose to do so.

The bible is pretty clear on what fornication is, but still people (even professing believers) can and will do what they want. That is their choice and they alone have to answer to God for those choices. Just because we are human doesn't mean we should do as humans do—Jesus calls us out to walk separately from the world, so we can be an example—a Light—among men.

Kind of hard to shine like a Light if you're behaving just like the rest of the world.

dmckinnon's photo
Sun 04/28/13 04:27 AM
i got a girl frnd n we are so close. i asked her for a kiss n she said no.

Don't ask. Do.

dmckinnon's photo
Sat 04/27/13 05:23 AM
It could be because you do live a distance away from each other that she isn't being very romantic and isn't talking much about her feelings towards you. I know that a year is quite a long time to be chatting with someone on a dating site but if you have only actually met once then she probably just isn't sure if she wants a relationship with you or if it could work.

Distance can make it more romantic I think but it is going to be a problem not just being able to see each other whenever you want and I suppose that not everyone just lets their heart rule their head.

True. I'm not sure what's going on with her, but obviously she's keeping herself at a distance. I'll respect that and in the meantime we can still be friends.

dmckinnon's photo
Sat 04/27/13 04:12 AM

Have you called or written to say that you had a great time though? Sorry but I'm really not getting why you would expect her to do that when you were sort of her guest, even if you did pay for dinner.

Because anyone would like to know if the other person enjoyed being with them. I did call and tell her I had a great time the next day. The only thing she said was that her daughter had to go away for the day and she was feeling lonely. So she said, "I must miss you, too."

Not the greatest compliment, but better than nothing.

dmckinnon's photo
Sat 04/27/13 02:40 AM
Edited by dmckinnon on Sat 04/27/13 02:54 AM
What's even more interesting to note, other than the above scriptures we've been discussing, are the scriptures that follow....

"Now to the married I command, yet not I but the Lord: A wife is not to depart from her husband. But even if she does depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband. And a husband is not to divorce his wife." (1 Corinthians 7:10-11)

I can't tell you how many people I know (believers even) who have not followed these scriptures, but have divorced and married again—sometimes more than once. This is just another instance of people doing what they want (instead of what God wants).

What's important here is not how we feel or think or what opinions or views we have, but that we follow what God has told us to do. He didn't tell us these things to make our lives difficult, but to make them better.

dmckinnon's photo
Sat 04/27/13 02:20 AM
Edited by dmckinnon on Sat 04/27/13 02:23 AM

Now concerning the things of which you wrote to me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, because of sexual immorality, let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband. Let the husband render to his wife the affection due her, and likewise also the wife to her husband. (1 Corinthians 7:1-3)

But I say to the unmarried and to the widows: It is good for them if they remain even as I am; but if they cannot exercise self-control, let them marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion. (1 Corinthians 7:8-9)

I remember the first time I read this in the bible. It was right after I was born again. Reading this it seemed to me that God preferred you be alone, because then it would be easier to serve Him without all the hassles that come with being with another person, but then if you couldn't control yourself He was giving us another option—marriage.

So, for me, it seemed marriage was just an alternative choice that God was offering us, as opposed to burning in lust and falling into sin. However, the more preferred choice was being alone, like Paul was.

dmckinnon's photo
Sat 04/27/13 02:20 AM

Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to marry. But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband. The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. (I Corinthians 7:1-3) NIV

Now to the unmarried and widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I am. But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.
I (Corinthians 7:8,9)

I remember the first time I read this in the bible. It was right after I was born again. Reading this it seemed to me that God preferred you be alone, because then it would be easier to serve Him without all the hassles that come with being with another person, but then if you couldn't control yourself He was giving us another option—marriage.

So, for me, it seemed marriage was just an alternative choice; as opposed to burning in lust and falling into sin, but the better choice was being alone, like Paul was.

dmckinnon's photo
Sat 04/27/13 02:18 AM

Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to marry. But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband. The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. (I Corinthians 7:1-3) NIV

Now to the unmarried and widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I am. But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.
I (Corinthians 7:8,9)

So, for me, it seemed marriage was just an alternative option; as opposed to burning in lust and falling into sin, but the better option was being alone, like Paul was.

dmckinnon's photo
Sat 04/27/13 02:10 AM
I feel for people who are overweight, because I know what a struggle that can be. It isn't always women who struggle with the weight thing. I used to be heavier than I am now. I lost about eighty pounds, because I finally got tired of it and started exercising regularly. You have to keep at it. It's all about willpower.

dmckinnon's photo
Thu 04/25/13 10:11 AM
I've had experience with the very first one so often that now I just tell women, 'Look...I have many talents, but ESP isn't one of them.'

dmckinnon's photo
Thu 04/25/13 08:52 AM

I agree with all of these except ....no and yes are not good answers, if i wanted someone who never spoke and couldn't carry on conversations, i would find something temporary.

It's suppose to be humorous. You know, ha-ha...funny.

dmckinnon's photo
Thu 04/25/13 08:28 AM
I dont pick men too much they pick me, which has it's downfalls.

LOL...ain't that the truth.

dmckinnon's photo
Thu 04/25/13 07:40 AM
This is how me and my gal say good morning to each other—before we're awake, lol.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 16