Community > Posts By > dmckinnon

dmckinnon's photo
Wed 04/10/13 04:41 AM

I have had great intimate relationships in my life, with people i knew, trusted and were crazy about, this takes time and work. Why desensitize yourself by trying to make one of the most beautiful things the equivalent of a drive thru happy meal?

:)

dmckinnon's photo
Wed 04/10/13 04:34 AM
I just read the sign on the door "Zee's Pub". My apologies to the matron :)

dmckinnon's photo
Wed 04/10/13 04:16 AM
Romans 1:20-32

These verses indicate that homosexual passions and acts are unnatural, shameful, contrary to sound doctrine and deny entrance to the Kingdom of God. This being so they cannot be the basis of a Christian marriage sanctioned by God’s Church. The Church exists to save people, not to bless the means of their damnation. No marriage can be sanctioned by the Church if the very basis of the marriage involves acts that put the couple outside of eternal salvation. No matter what our society may legislate, the law of God is clear - that a marriage is not a godly marriage if it is a same sex union.

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 04/09/13 06:39 PM
Edited by dmckinnon on Tue 04/09/13 06:54 PM

then maybe you should have said that?? just sayin.... :wink:

Sorry, I thought it was kind of obvious.

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 04/09/13 03:39 PM
So, how do single Christians who condone sexual intercourse outside of marriage reconcile their belief about sex to the teachings of the Bible?

I really have no opinion on this, because God has already ruled on it.

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 04/09/13 03:25 PM
I just meant to share it for whoever was interested.

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 04/09/13 08:36 AM
"This is my song. Whenever I lose hope, whenever I feel there's no end, whenever I feel I won't ever make it, I listen to this. And it gives me back my strength, lets me see the better side, and helps be get back up again. I don't know what I would do without it."

The Cinematic Orchestra Arrival of the Birds & Transformation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqoANESQ4cQ

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 04/09/13 06:26 AM
"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

dmckinnon's photo
Mon 04/08/13 06:54 AM
I think I'm going to hang it up on this dating thing. Every time I'm with a woman she eventually leaves and tells me the same thing—"You're a wonderful man and any woman would be blessed to have you." Uh, right...so if I'm so wonderful how come they don't want me?

Pfft...I've had it. I'm going to enjoy being single from now on.

dmckinnon's photo
Sun 04/07/13 08:48 PM
Like ****....

dmckinnon's photo
Sun 04/07/13 01:57 AM
I found it refreshing to read what minemine said, because at least she was being honest. Too many just say "Oh looks don't matter just character, blah blah blah...", but I know this is BS. Minemine, my hats off to you for being honest.

dmckinnon's photo
Sun 04/07/13 01:50 AM
My relationship with God.

dmckinnon's photo
Fri 04/05/13 05:06 PM
This song has been on my mind all day....

The Stampeders - Sweet City Woman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IRjl3SWC2U

dmckinnon's photo
Fri 04/05/13 05:04 PM

Confused

I'll second that....

dmckinnon's photo
Fri 04/05/13 05:10 AM
I finally drove up to Petoskey to see the woman I met on another dating site. She's even more beautiful in person. We had a great time, but with her kids and a full schedule we could only see each other a couple hours. I was well worth it.

Have any of you been to see people you met on a dating site? How did it go?

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 04/02/13 03:24 AM

a woman's heart is a deep ocean of secrets.

Which ocean?

dmckinnon's photo
Mon 04/01/13 04:29 PM
Almost all of us spend some portion of our lives wondering if we're normal. Not a bad question, since the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH—yes, there really is a place called NIMH) estimates that more than 1 in 4 Americans have a mental disorder. Someone with a mental disorder has behaviors, feelings and thoughts that deviate from the norm. In these circumstances, someone who isn't "normal" doesn't match up to what society (and medicine) considers standard. When we ponder what's normal, it's often in the sense of determining whether the way we think and act is the same as—or at least similar to—the majority of other people.

dmckinnon's photo
Mon 04/01/13 03:56 AM
Up at the crack of dawn. The only time I sleep in anymore is if I happen to dream about it. Make some coffee and get to work.....

dmckinnon's photo
Mon 04/01/13 03:21 AM
The "Proverbs 31 Woman" (Proverbs 31:10-31) shines as a bright beacon in this woeful world of vanity and shallowness. Today as we see women of all ages following dubious role models, we are refreshed to find a timeless example of virtue, responsibility and good sense. Here, in this lovely picture of womanhood, is a woman who embodies the qualities which every believing woman should strive for in her personal life and appearance, in her family life, and in her daily duties.

She is far more valuable and worth far more than rubies. The Hebrew term for "rubies" may not refer to rubies, but may refer to pink pearls or red coral. A pink pearl which was found in a mollusk in the Red Sea was considered of great value to the ancients. It is difficult to know exactly which stone or pearl this Hebrew word referred to, but its usage in the Old Testament tells us two things for sure: 1) It was very valuable (see Proverbs 20:15 and Job 28:18); 2) It was reddish in color (Lamentations 4:7--"ruddy").

Who can find a virtuous woman (a woman of strength)? She is like a rare gem. Precious stones are precious and costly because they are so rare. If you could go out along the roadside and collect hundreds of rubies anytime you wanted to, then they would not be worth much. It is the rare, hard to find gems that are worth so much. Also, for some reason God made most common stones unattractive; yet He made most rare stones very beautiful and brilliant and lustrous. The virtuous woman is a beautiful woman, not necessarily outwardly, but certainly inwardly (see Prov. 31:30). She is not only a rare gem but a beautiful gem.

A godly woman is rare and very hard to find. The same thing could be said about the godly man. Number one on the endangered species list is the Homo sapiens pious*: "Help, LORD; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men" (Psalm 12:1). There are hardly any such creatures around, and the few that do exist will eventually die out! May God in His infinite grace and mercy be pleased to raise up godly men and women in these difficult and trying days. [*Pious is the Latin word for "godly."]

If a young man is looking for a godly woman, how can he find her? First he should trust God to find her for him. Second, he must realize that a virtuous woman is not going to want just any man. She is going to want to find a virtuous man (a man of strength, a man valiant for the truth, a godly servant of Christ). So if you want to have any chance of finding such a gem, you must be a gem yourself. Exercise yourself unto godliness. Learn the fear of the Lord. Dare to be different. Dare to go against the flow of the world, and to be transformed by the renewing of your mind (Rom. 12:2). Be the kind of a man that would attract the interest of the godly woman!

So in this opening verse we have learned that the godly woman is very hard to find. She is more valuable than a rare gem. She has an inner beauty and a strength of character and a moral firmness that is lacking in the vast majority of women, even believing women.

Read the rest of this sermon at the Middle Town Bible Church website: http://www.middletownbiblechurch.org/homefam/prov31.htm

dmckinnon's photo
Mon 04/01/13 03:01 AM
I was in the grocery store with a buddy of mine a few weeks back and he had to tell me that this woman was flirting with me. The last time a woman flirted with me I was in my twenties so it's not something I notice. He said, "She walked by you three times." I said, "So? She's probably lost." He laughed. "Down the same isle?" We had been standing there talking and this woman had walked by us three times. I told him he was nuts and we went to check out and there she was again—right in front of us. He said, "See?" Now it was my turn to laugh. "She's probably checking you out," I said.

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 15 16