sparkleplenty424's photo
Fri 08/08/08 04:12 PM

:smile: I think most women are wary of "nice guys".:smile:
I am wary of guys who think they are nice; or who are trying to act nice; and then get really angry and blame you when you don't rip your clothes off for them.

Nice is simply not enough. You must be smart, genuine, witty, interesting, empathetic, confident..the list goes on.

I am so tired of guys whining "I'm nice and nobody wants me; women must want mean guys!"

Sheesh.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Fri 08/08/08 04:07 PM
Thinking of dating a mature gentleman?

sparkleplenty424's photo
Fri 08/08/08 09:41 AM

oh i'm not offended in the least
i understand.
and i don't send friends requests to just anyone.
but when i just want to make a comment to them about something in the forums or personally to them and my email is rejected...it's just a bit irritating. i know i'm on a site that is directed more towards dating but i am a forum fanatic. and i like to interact that way.

Oh, Becca- I don't know you but I am so glad you came back here too! I have been to several sites to visit the forums but keep wanting to be here. I have no interest in dating, I just enjoy the lively interaction of a good forum. This is one of the better ones.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Fri 08/08/08 09:39 AM

As a general rule I have not emailed married men...but I had a bad experience with not one...but two married men who not only hit on me constantly, but argued the point with me about why I don't date married men. One said he was filing for separation soon and the other just liked to play around on his wife.

Why should I have to defend my morals to people who have none in my opinion. Note...I said, in my opinion!

It was very uncomfortable and I did not want to risk having those conversations again. So, I don't talk in email to married men anymore, even if it seems they are only about forum topics...that's how the first two started out. frown

So, it's people like these that make it hard for married people to gain friendships here...that's my guess anyway.
Thanks for that perspective. I hadn't thought of that.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Fri 08/08/08 06:21 AM

Why is it that men like there ladies with long hair?
It's the whole Barbie doll syndrome. The more you look like a Barbie doll the more attractive they find you.

Unfortunately, once you get past a certain age, only a small number of women can carry off long hair. The rest of us look witchy. So sometimes short hair is a necessity at my age.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Fri 08/08/08 06:15 AM
Mingle,
It's where the happy people go!

Or was that disco? I forget.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Fri 08/08/08 05:22 AM

Why would you want to make the poor wolves sick. tears tears
Oh, yah, what was I thinking? Sorry !flowerforyou

sparkleplenty424's photo
Fri 08/08/08 05:19 AM

why do people dwell on being cheated on? It's part of life and learning. I got cheated on but I don't think it has any relevance in my life now. He did what he needed to do to be happy. Life goes on.
I think it has relevance and as far as learning what lesson has been learned (1) You can never trust anybody.(2) once a cheater always a cheater. Does anybody have any other lessons that they learned from this ?

I agree I never trust n e one...but friends and family...and never wolves with sharp teeth..in sheeps clothing
what about if they are wearing spandex?

sparkleplenty424's photo
Fri 08/08/08 05:19 AM

why do people dwell on being cheated on? It's part of life and learning. I got cheated on but I don't think it has any relevance in my life now. He did what he needed to do to be happy. Life goes on.
I think it has relevance and as far as learning what lesson has been learned (1) You can never trust anybody.(2) once a cheater always a cheater. Does anybody have any other lessons that they learned from this ?
those are not the lessons that I learned. I learned that it takes two to make a relationship work and there is no good guy or bad guy. Had he been happy with me, he would not have cheated. And just because one person in your life succumbed to the demands of their own personal needs does not reflect at all on other people. If you choose not to trust people because one person in your life made a mistake then you are doing that because you want to. And in your second statement you are saying that people are doomed to continue making the same mistakes over and over in their lives.

Have you never made a mistake? Do you want people to conclude that no one can be trusted and that you will continue to make the same mistake over and over for the rest of your life?

It's just not that simple.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Fri 08/08/08 05:14 AM

I don't think anyone on this site would admit to being a cheater when 99% of the people on here state that cheaters should be hogtied and fed to the wolves.

being hog tied can be fun...devil
with the right person, just about anything can be fun. Wolves have pretty sharp teeth, tho...

sparkleplenty424's photo
Fri 08/08/08 05:11 AM
Define "anyone".

sparkleplenty424's photo
Fri 08/08/08 05:10 AM
I don't think anyone on this site would admit to being a cheater when 99% of the people on here state that cheaters should be hogtied and fed to the wolves.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Fri 08/08/08 05:05 AM

sparkleplenty424's photo
Fri 08/08/08 05:02 AM

Sharing a life with someone is so much better than being alone
being single is not necessarily being alone. I have wonderful people in my life. I am single, but I am far from alone.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Fri 08/08/08 04:58 AM

So when your profile says friends, it means what?
Your not going to reply. If you don't want E-mails just say so. Even a blank page shows some respect.
Respect works both ways. If someone sends out e-mails to everyone within a 50 mile radius, fails to read the profiles, doesn't bother to customize the e-mail to indicate that he has even looked at your profile - why do you owe them the time of day? Who is really the rude one? The one who is trolling and hoping to catch something in his net, or the one who sidesteps the net?

sparkleplenty424's photo
Thu 08/07/08 08:52 PM
I have no retirement so I almost have to die young. It's my only hope.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Thu 08/07/08 08:50 PM
most of it

sparkleplenty424's photo
Thu 08/07/08 08:37 PM
I don't want to date someone who drinks, so, no.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Thu 08/07/08 08:34 PM
I thought that dating implied non-exclusivity. The next step would be a committed relationship.

People who are merely dating are free to see other people. I thought that was the whole point of dating - you date until you find someone you want to settle down with.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Thu 08/07/08 08:27 PM
too young. And the whole God requirement would keep me away.

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 20 21