Community > Posts By > Ruth34611

Ruth34611's photo
Tue 07/26/16 08:13 PM

seems you answered your own question here...

I know but this is the actual issue, how to make it work now

i would say --- don't lie... i see your point on his behalf, but it didn't get him anywhere, and even if she did get back with him, he would spend a lot of time still trying to figure out if shes a gold digger now... so was the price of lying worth a month or two of getting what he wanted when he could have had so much more?

but if she liked him without money, the only thing thats really changed is she knows he's a liar... he should pick up his ballsack and point that out to her, making her realize it was something he needed to do... but crying and threatening suicide won't help any whatsoever....

I told the same thing to him that suicide won't help and it is time to be a man. They were going out for a year and he was going to propose her so the feeling is very strong and he should fight for his love. Well I am also looking for ways to help him so I posted this thread.

Ah I see. This wasn't a little white lie he told in the beginning. He lied to her for a year. I wouldn't get back together with him either.

I understand that but still if we have to give him a chance what would be best way you feel

He lied to her for a year even though he was sure enough about her to get ready to propose. He didn't trust her and now she can't trust him. Trust is nearly impossible to regain. Sorry but I think they should part ways hopefully having learned a very important lesson.

Ruth34611's photo
Tue 07/26/16 07:23 PM

Dearest Ruth. A few months ago, I would have agreed. I'm too old, too set in my ways. My dream girl has eluded me and I should just accept it.

I met a light. I saw it in the dark, like a diamond covered, hidden. I looked at this diamond for some time, admired it and it's beauty. I was constantly struggling with the possibility that someone special might be there, just beyond my reach. So this beautiful person and I made a connection. We realized that the odds, distance and cultural differences, were daunting. We still agreed that, though an entire day seperated us, we should make an attempt. She lives in the future, I live in the past. Now I can't start my day without her posts and whatsapps.
We are building a mystery, me and my beautiful tigress. I met her here on Mingle. We finally talked and all we did was laugh! So can this happen for you Ruth? ... only the Creator knows. Sometimes you have to give up on a dream, bury it in the burial ground of your ancestors and say it is finished. So maybe there is hope for us all. (((((((Eva)))))))

I was afraid my post might produce just this reaction. I'll state again, I am not worried about finding love. This post is about the idea of soul mates and whether people believe that there is one person and one person only who they are meant to be with and who they can find happiness with. So, with that clarification, I am very happy you feel you have found that person and I'll take your answer as a "yes, you believe in soul mates". flowerforyou

Ruth34611's photo
Tue 07/26/16 07:14 PM

seems you answered your own question here...

I know but this is the actual issue, how to make it work now

i would say --- don't lie... i see your point on his behalf, but it didn't get him anywhere, and even if she did get back with him, he would spend a lot of time still trying to figure out if shes a gold digger now... so was the price of lying worth a month or two of getting what he wanted when he could have had so much more?

but if she liked him without money, the only thing thats really changed is she knows he's a liar... he should pick up his ballsack and point that out to her, making her realize it was something he needed to do... but crying and threatening suicide won't help any whatsoever....

I told the same thing to him that suicide won't help and it is time to be a man. They were going out for a year and he was going to propose her so the feeling is very strong and he should fight for his love. Well I am also looking for ways to help him so I posted this thread.

Ah I see. This wasn't a little white lie he told in the beginning. He lied to her for a year. I wouldn't get back together with him either.

Ruth34611's photo
Tue 07/26/16 06:52 PM
I used to believe in soul mates. I do not anymore. And, not because I am bitter or jaded when it comes to relationships. Actually, I'm just the opposite. Both relationships and being single have their pros and cons and I think both can be wonderful times in a person's life. But, over the last 3 or 4 years I have stopped believing in the idea of "the one" or the person "meant for me". For a deeply spiritual person I am also pretty logical and I think that love and a good relationship is more about meeting someone, falling in love and making a choice to be together and to create a life together. I think you must have things in common and be willing to compromise in areas you don't agree. I don't think there is only person for everyone. That's not to say you won't find a person you spend the rest of your life with, it just means there isn't only person who can ever fill that role.

What do you think?

Ruth34611's photo
Tue 07/26/16 06:20 PM

The wonderful thing about cell phones today is the blocking feature.

FINALLY! A chick that gets it!

And a cute one too. :thumbsup:

blushing :banana:

Ruth34611's photo
Tue 07/26/16 05:43 PM
Edited by Ruth34611 on Tue 07/26/16 05:43 PM
Generic tampons are NOT as good as brand name.

oops Not that kind of female advice?

Ruth34611's photo
Tue 07/26/16 04:36 PM
The wonderful thing about cell phones today is the blocking feature.

Ruth34611's photo
Tue 07/26/16 04:35 PM
Is that one of the characteristics?

Ruth34611's photo
Tue 07/26/16 04:34 PM
I feel like I should ask Storm for her photo.

Ruth34611's photo
Tue 07/26/16 04:21 PM

.. most relationships start off that way..
Frist..night together..
Him.. was that good for you baby..
Her...yes...asleep

rofl :thumbsup:

Ruth34611's photo
Tue 07/26/16 04:08 PM

Okay got lot of opinions in general, now let me bring the actual topic in light.
I was in LA for the weekend and I accidentally bumped into my long lost best friend. He looked very sad and gloomy so I asked him about it and he started telling me his problem.

He saw a lovely gal in a club and fell in love with her. He found out that she is a regular there so he started daily coming to that club just to met her and finally after 3 days he saw her again and approached her. Now he is a son of a very wealthy businessman and his ex was a gold digger so when this gal asked about him, he said that he is a poor guy who works as a waiter. He took a job in the same club, rented a room and starting hanging around this gal. They fell in love and as the relationship was getting serious, she found out about him and his dad from a magazine.
Now she wants to break the relationship as she feels cheated but all my friend wanted was true love and not another gold digger. She is not talking or listening to him and he is all sad and suicidal so I told him that I will help him. Any ideas

If he is suicidal over a girl he's barely started dating, he's got bigger problems than his little white lie.

Ruth34611's photo
Tue 07/26/16 04:06 PM
Edited by Ruth34611 on Tue 07/26/16 04:06 PM

why lie at all? whats the point?

To trick you into going out with me.

lol... if i have to trick women into going out with me, then i don't need to date...

Just trying to insert a little humor into the thread. :wink:

i thought you were hitting on me again...love

I gave up after you sent me that restraining order. ohwell

Ruth34611's photo
Tue 07/26/16 03:23 PM
Hungry.

Ruth34611's photo
Tue 07/26/16 03:21 PM

You can be in a relationship and still be lonely.

Then you in the wrong relationship my dear. One should never feel lonely. Thats a sign of being in the wrong relationship

It was just a thought. I'm not in a relationship nor am I lonely. flowerforyou

Ruth34611's photo
Tue 07/26/16 03:19 PM

lol... if i have to trick women into going out with me, then i don't need to date...

Just trying to insert a little humor into the thread. :wink:

Ruth34611's photo
Tue 07/26/16 03:09 PM

Ruth34611's photo
Tue 07/26/16 03:07 PM
Edited by Ruth34611 on Tue 07/26/16 03:08 PM

GOSH!!! I love cake!

Me too. Let's find a wife who will bake us cake!

If she's ok with being barefoot...cool

Well she'd have to be to make good cake.

Ruth34611's photo
Tue 07/26/16 03:04 PM

GOSH!!! I love cake!

Me too. Let's find a wife who will bake us cake!

Ruth34611's photo
Tue 07/26/16 03:03 PM
It was chicken but now I'm really wanting cake.

Ruth34611's photo
Tue 07/26/16 03:02 PM

I am really sorry if you got dumped after 40years. Like I said singleness is important, when a cake flops you look at the ingredients, the problem might not have been with you , bt there was a problem before you got married, that thing was brought into the marriage by the single one. Sex and love doesn't keep a marriage together but information, as a single guy I'm learning the needs and wants of a woman so that I know what is. The needs of a woman is different from the needs of a man.

I agree that relationships would do better with more cake.

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25