Community > Posts By > cheechako

no photo
Sun 05/03/15 09:51 AM
I agree with most of what you say. Jesus had more than one name "The Word", "The rock" etc. He was the God who created the earth (with the father's power). However in the plan for mankind no one gets resurrected until he returns to set up his kingdom. The first resurrection.

John 3:13
No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.

Would it make sense that a thief would go to heaven and Moses, David etc would have to wait for the resurrection?

no photo
Sun 05/03/15 09:36 AM

John 20:16-18

16 Jesus said to her, “Mary!” She turned and said to him in Hebrew, “Rabbouni,”[a] which means Teacher. 17 Jesus said to her, “Stop holding on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am going to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’” 18 Mary of Magdala went and announced to the disciples, “I have seen the Lord,” and what he told her.

I think that says he hadn't been to heaven yet.

no photo
Sun 05/03/15 09:16 AM
Luke 23:43

43 He replied to him, “Amen, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise.”

I think this is a very misunderstood scripture. Christ did not go to heaven the day he died. He was in the grave three days and three nights before he was resurrected. Later he said, "do not cling to me for I have not ascended to heaven". Nobody has or will go to heaven until the time of the first resurrection. If you move the comma, the scripture has a totally different meaning. The thief will be with him in paradise but not today. Today is when he told him.

He replied to him, "Amen I say to you today, you will be with me in Paradise"

no photo
Sun 05/03/15 08:59 AM

i do not agree... jesus is not God

he is not his own father...

and he did not tell us to treat him as equal to God

and i do not see jesus as God for that would be in direct contradiction to the first commandment

when he said that "the father and I are one" is in the same context as saying "you and i are one"...existing for the same purpose, but not the same entity...

Exactly! We are all brethren with Christ!

So why does he say he is our God and why doesn't he ever refer to us as brothers? Again, yes Jesus had actual blood brothers/sisters. But for the rest of the world, why doesn't he refer to us as brothers/sisters.

I think he does refer to us a brothers and sisters,

Matthew 12:50
For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.
John 17:21
That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
Luke 22:29
And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

no photo
Sun 05/03/15 08:17 AM

17 Jesus *said to her, “Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, ‘I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.’” John 20:17

Good point. The way I see it God (Elohim) is a family. Those who keep the commandments of God have the chance to be part of that family. What could be more wonderful than that?

no photo
Sun 05/03/15 08:09 AM
If you type Holy Spirit into BibleGateway, there are a lot of results. The Holy spirit must flow out from god, but it can flow back to him also. If we are baptized with the Holy spirit and it grows in us, would that make us the same as Jesus and God the father?
In a much lesser form.

no photo
Sun 05/03/15 07:45 AM
The following verse 3 also emphasizes that while God Almighty is the source of all creation, that creative process was THROUGH Jesus.

I agree Jesus created with the power of god the father. He was also the God of the old testament who communicated with Moses.

1 cor :10
10 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;

2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;

4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

He had enough power that no one could even look at him from the front.
Exodus 33
. 20 But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.

John 17:5

And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

He emptied himself of that power before he was born as a human, I assume that power must have flowed back to the father. They would have to be exactly the same for that to happen.

no photo
Sun 05/03/15 07:21 AM
I don't see how Moses could have gone to Heaven when he died.

John 3:13
No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.

This was written long after Moses was dead. I think Moses is sleeping until the time of the first resurrection.

Revelation 20:4-6
4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They[a] had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

no photo
Sun 05/03/15 07:12 AM

We may disagree there. Jesus is a god. He made the world.
John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

He isn't as powerful as God but is still God. Mohammed and Moses are dead.

Firstly, I'd like to re-emphasize that the commonly mistranslated verse of John 1: verse 1 is more accurately written, "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God's."

(Please Note, God's Is Possessive And Not Plural)

The following verse 3 also emphasizes that while God Almighty is the source of all creation, that creative process was THROUGH Jesus.

While The True God does have many other subjective Entities and Spirit-Like Souls whom he has created like Angels... No others are deemed gods.

In Islam there is only one God, and while there are those who are often confused as being gods... There is only One !

If Jesus is implied as a 'lesser-god' than the Almighty God... Then this too also becomes Polytheism, and can not be condoned.

To be sure, Moses, Jesus, and Mohammad all lived and died and then were received into God's presents immediately.

Moses, Jesus, and Mohammad all have their reward in Allah's presents, and are not dead.

no photo
Sat 05/02/15 09:44 AM
We may disagree there. Jesus is a god. He made the world.
John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

He isn't as powerful as God but is still God. Mohammed and Moses are dead. Jesus was resurrected back to life and will return to set up his kingdom at the appointed time.
This is illustrated by the statue Nebuchadnezzar dreamed of. The rock that smashed the statue is Christ ending the human governments and setting up a Godly one.

no photo
Sat 05/02/15 09:23 AM
Do you think Mohammed is a god and will return to earth as a powerful figure?

no photo
Sat 05/02/15 09:02 AM
Sheik
Isn't Habakkuk 2 and Zephaniah 1 both referring to the "Day of the Lord"? I would assume Habakkuk 3 is also.
I think that would be the last white horse. The second coming of Christ.
Are you saying the first white horse may be a clash between the descendants of Ishmael and the rest of the world?

Islam Vs Christianity

no photo
Sat 05/02/15 08:22 AM
The first white horse is a religious system masquerading as Christian. They preach all about Christ and pretend to be Christian ministers.
2 Corinthians 13
For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.
2 Corinthians 11:14
And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light
2 Peter 2:1
But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves.
Matthew 7:15
“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.
Matthew 24:11
and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.
Matthew 24:24
For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
2 Corinthians 11:13
For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ.
1 John 4:1
Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
Matthew 24:5
For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many.
Mark 13:6
Many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am he,’ and will deceive many.

The second white horse is the real Christ. We need to be careful not to be fooled.

no photo
Thu 04/30/15 08:12 PM
That is interesting, some dreams do seem pretty real. I think understanding the Bible is something that comes as you try to live what you learn. It is the most interesting Book I have ever seen. Not all the information on any subject is in one place. I find Bible Gateway really handy for research.

no photo
Thu 04/30/15 07:00 PM
The inhabitants of the earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the creation of the world will be astonished when they see the beast, because it once was, now is not, and yet will come.

I don't think that fits the government.

no photo
Thu 04/30/15 08:04 AM
The Us may well be sinking into Babylon but I don't see how you could think it is Babylon itself. Babylon rides a number of kingdoms. The Beast with seven heads and ten horns. Seven heads Babylonian Empire, Persian Empire, Greek Empire split into four parts so four heads, that makes six heads. Roman Empire makes seven heads and it has ten horns, ten revivals. This was ridden by the religious system started by after the flood, made to look Christian by Constantine. Holy Roman Empire. An uneasy alliance of Church and state, also mentioned as the feet of iron and clay on the statue Nebuchadnezzar dreamed of.
If the United States is Babylon. Who or what do you think the Beast is?

no photo
Wed 04/29/15 08:22 PM

historical A member of an organization of robbers and assassins in India. Devotees of the goddess Kali, the Thugs waylaid and strangled their victims, usually travellers, in a ritually prescribed manner. They were suppressed by the British in the 1830s.

The above is from Google and the English Oxford dictionary. But in more modern times,and to me,the closest description would be 'bully'.I don't see it having anything to do with race now,other than it's origin.

You got it right!

no photo
Wed 04/29/15 08:06 PM
The Roman Empire was and is not and is to come.

no photo
Wed 04/29/15 08:03 PM
I think the United States is a fairly new country and not a part of The Beast or Mystery Babylon. I think Beast is a civil government and Babylon is a Religious System. The Church and State system set up by Constantine, after the Council of Nicaea.

Daniel 7:17
‘The four great beasts are four kings that will rise from the earth.
Daniel 7:19
“Then I wanted to know the meaning of the fourth beast, which was different from all the others and most terrifying, with its iron teeth and bronze claws—the beast that crushed and devoured its victims and trampled underfoot whatever was left.
Daniel 7:23
“He gave me this explanation: ‘The fourth beast is a fourth kingdom that will appear on earth. It will be different from all the other kingdoms and will devour the whole earth, trampling it down and crushing it.

Revelation 17
Babylon, the Prostitute on the Beast
17 One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the punishment of the great prostitute, who sits by many waters. 2 With her the kings of the earth committed adultery, and the inhabitants of the earth were intoxicated with the wine of her adulteries.”
3 Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness. There I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns. 4 The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls. She held a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominable things and the filth of her adulteries. 5 The name written on her forehead was a mystery:
BABYLON THE GREAT
THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES
AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
6 I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of God’s holy people, the blood of those who bore testimony to Jesus.
When I saw her, I was greatly astonished. 7 Then the angel said to me: “Why are you astonished? I will explain to you the mystery of the woman and of the beast she rides, which has the seven heads and ten horns. 8 The beast, which you saw, once was, now is not, and yet will come up out of the Abyss and go to its destruction. The inhabitants of the earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the creation of the world will be astonished when they see the beast, because it once was, now is not, and yet will come.

no photo
Wed 04/29/15 06:13 AM
Would you repeat that, I can't remember what you said!