Community > Posts By > JRonin

JRonin's photo
Tue 11/05/13 06:39 PM
a list of things Im awesome at! I encourage everybody to read and maybe craft a few lists of their own!

I'm really good at:

Quoting my favorite films,
bonding with animals,
being a sci-fi geek,
smiling and laughing,
communicating my feelings,
light conversation,
deep, philosophical conversations,
finding the ironic/hilarities in the everday,
cracking jokes,
active listening,
giving advice,
organizing,
getting lost in adventure fiction novels
writing short subjects, poetry, songs, opinion articles,
mountain biking,
hiking and exploration,
singing,
acting,
practicing acoustic guitar,
photographing nature,
eating health food then binging on Swedish Fish candies,
drinking in moderation,
celebrity impressions,
boiling noodles and eating them in record time,
acknowledging the glass as half full,
seeing the themes within allegorical works of fiction and discussing them with a partner,
communing with my inner spirit animal (it's a wolf, by the way),
putting together movie marathon parties!

So, what are you awesome at? :wink:

JRonin's photo
Tue 11/05/13 03:29 PM
Edited by JRonin on Tue 11/05/13 03:31 PM
Generally, I don't really worry about people who play mind games. I give them a polite three days grace to get back to me. If they don't, I move on. Yeah there is some wonderment as to why they didn't contact me back, but, hey, life happens.
if you don't want someone to leave you, dont mind-*uck them and then expect to get any attention when you're the one avoiding them.
It's counter-intuitive and used to drive me nuts when i was younger until i simplified it and took the angst right out of the equation.
And irony of ironies, the more I don't fall for their mind games, the more I was chased! GO FIGURE, LOL!!!

JRonin's photo
Tue 11/05/13 03:22 PM

well, it happened.
I broke down. I was in the shower, thinking about my life, my relationship that fell apart, the woman I loved who I was prepared to plan a future with who rejected me.
I was thinking ont he past two months, how it's been a struggle to keep my emotions in check, how difficult it's been to try and make a connection with someone lately, and how utterly lonely I am.
I took all that, sank to the floor of the shower, and cried until I couldnt anymore...

flowerforyou

Best to acknowledge feelings. You don't try to suppress a smile when you're happy, when good things happen in your life. Why would you try to suppress tears when you're sad, when life isn't so kind? It is healthy to acknowledge and express your emotions. Do not feel bad for losing it. We all do at some point in our lives when the weight of the world bears down upon us. Luckily we have the chance to change our outlook on life with each new day, and actually with each new moment if ya really think about it.

...I still don't feel like myself. I never feel whole unless I'm with someone, or at least I feel MORE whole when I am, because i thrive on the exchange of information the physical affection, the witty repartee and back and forth, the laughter, closeness, affection....
...its getting harder and harder to tolerate the silence and my hearts going into rock-hard mode whenever I try to connect with someone and get nothing in return.
Or i get a message back saying "sorry you're not my type." I almost caught myself in thinking there was something wrong with me.

There is something wrong with you. There's something wrong with all of us. Nobody is perfect. All you can do is be the best you that you know how to be if that makes sense. Work on your faults. Play to your strengths. Focus on the things that make you smile and do those things with friends or alone until you meet someone special.

Food for thought...maybe the past relationships didn't work and you're struggling to connect with someone now because you've never felt whole alone. You need to ask yourself why this is. If you can't be happy without someone, you'll never be happy with someone. Your happiness or self-worth shouldn't depend on another's opinion or actions. You're great not just when somebody thinks you're great, but when you strive to be great. Realize this and give the gift of you to the world. Somebody will recognize it as such and you will find what you seek. Enjoy your life alone and you won't be alone long. :thumbsup:

I cant get over how useless I'm starting to feel, but i know i have to stay strong and remind myself that things don't happen instantaneously, and how much now, more than ever, patience HAS to take hold.
I'm stepping away from things for a while. at least until such time as my heart can be balanced again and i can feel better....it's been up and down for the past few months since my breakup and I'm extremely vulnerable and hating it....
hanging by a thread...

Life is a rollercoaster ride of ups and downs. Know that you've had wonderful, fantastic memorable times throughout your life and you will have many more in the future. Only you can choose whether to focus on the negative or positive things (and people) around you. Look in the mirror and smile knowing you are blessed to be able to make that choice another day. Then go make the most of it! Good luck on your journey. flowerforyou

This was the exact acknowledgement of my feelings I was looking for.
Thank you. I got some rest and felt better. :thumbsup:

As for some of the rest of you guys....meds? Seriously? Things get low, but I pride myself on being human and not suppressing my feelings or emotions or stunting them with pills. Therapy for me is friendship, people to talk to, a distraction, or what solace I can provide myself. Psychotherapy? Thanks for the suggestions but...wow.

You're quite welcome. Glad to hear it. I should be like Lucy in Peanuts and charge ya a nickel. :tongue:

Go forth and spread joy now. Pay it forward, ya know. :thumbsup:

And agreed that you don't need meds or professional help if this is an isolated or generally rare incident. If it was chronic, or becomes chronic, then you should seek assistance from outside sources. For random meltdowns, ya get Lucy for a nickel telling ya to go listen to Three Little Birds. :wink:

I'd give you a dollar for that advice!

JRonin's photo
Tue 11/05/13 09:56 AM

You know J, your far from alone. Something that might help is the realization that the reason why there are forums like this is because many of us are dealing with something. We may be more or less open about it but we are dealing with something.

You know another thing, you may not find it here. This may be the place you can come to and bleed a little but it may or may not be the place where someone takes you up on your hearts desire. That's ok too. Just having the place to come to might be enough.

Mingle is a great healing place and if that's all you get out of it, that's more than a lot of places in this world and life offer. No harm done in sharing what is on your mind, and you know what, no harm if that woman doesn't step up to take the bait. It's ok to be lonely, and it's ok to think that you may never find true love. These are feelings most of us have gone through for all types of reasons.

Sometimes it's worth it just to be able to say ouch and know that other people are listening.

I feel ya there, I primarily come here not really looking for much of anything but to share stuff and make friends.

JRonin's photo
Tue 11/05/13 09:42 AM

well, it happened.
I broke down. I was in the shower, thinking about my life, my relationship that fell apart, the woman I loved who I was prepared to plan a future with who rejected me.
I was thinking ont he past two months, how it's been a struggle to keep my emotions in check, how difficult it's been to try and make a connection with someone lately, and how utterly lonely I am.
I took all that, sank to the floor of the shower, and cried until I couldnt anymore...

flowerforyou

Best to acknowledge feelings. You don't try to suppress a smile when you're happy, when good things happen in your life. Why would you try to suppress tears when you're sad, when life isn't so kind? It is healthy to acknowledge and express your emotions. Do not feel bad for losing it. We all do at some point in our lives when the weight of the world bears down upon us. Luckily we have the chance to change our outlook on life with each new day, and actually with each new moment if ya really think about it.

...I still don't feel like myself. I never feel whole unless I'm with someone, or at least I feel MORE whole when I am, because i thrive on the exchange of information the physical affection, the witty repartee and back and forth, the laughter, closeness, affection....
...its getting harder and harder to tolerate the silence and my hearts going into rock-hard mode whenever I try to connect with someone and get nothing in return.
Or i get a message back saying "sorry you're not my type." I almost caught myself in thinking there was something wrong with me.

There is something wrong with you. There's something wrong with all of us. Nobody is perfect. All you can do is be the best you that you know how to be if that makes sense. Work on your faults. Play to your strengths. Focus on the things that make you smile and do those things with friends or alone until you meet someone special.

Food for thought...maybe the past relationships didn't work and you're struggling to connect with someone now because you've never felt whole alone. You need to ask yourself why this is. If you can't be happy without someone, you'll never be happy with someone. Your happiness or self-worth shouldn't depend on another's opinion or actions. You're great not just when somebody thinks you're great, but when you strive to be great. Realize this and give the gift of you to the world. Somebody will recognize it as such and you will find what you seek. Enjoy your life alone and you won't be alone long. :thumbsup:

I cant get over how useless I'm starting to feel, but i know i have to stay strong and remind myself that things don't happen instantaneously, and how much now, more than ever, patience HAS to take hold.
I'm stepping away from things for a while. at least until such time as my heart can be balanced again and i can feel better....it's been up and down for the past few months since my breakup and I'm extremely vulnerable and hating it....
hanging by a thread...

Life is a rollercoaster ride of ups and downs. Know that you've had wonderful, fantastic memorable times throughout your life and you will have many more in the future. Only you can choose whether to focus on the negative or positive things (and people) around you. Look in the mirror and smile knowing you are blessed to be able to make that choice another day. Then go make the most of it! Good luck on your journey. flowerforyou

This was the exact acknowledgement of my feelings I was looking for.
Thank you. I got some rest and felt better. :thumbsup:

As for some of the rest of you guys....meds? Seriously? Things get low, but I pride myself on being human and not suppressing my feelings or emotions or stunting them with pills. Therapy for me is friendship, people to talk to, a distraction, or what solace I can provide myself. Psychotherapy? Thanks for the suggestions but...wow.

JRonin's photo
Mon 11/04/13 11:31 PM
well, it happened.
hanging by a thread...

JRonin's photo
Mon 11/04/13 08:47 PM
Trust me, you're gonna get plenty of willing men banging down your door to get a date with you, but don't look to random strangers on here for validation if you're not completely prepared for an honest (or soul-crushingly critical) answer.

Best advice I can give, since I used to be that way myself to a certain degree until I realized what I need is just a few faithful followers rather than a wealth of false friends to validate my existence.

And I kinda hate to say it, but....yeah you do seem a bit on the insecure side.

don't focus on finding the right man, focus on being the right woman, and the right man will reveal himself.

May your heart always be in the right place and your actions follow through.

JRonin's photo
Sat 11/02/13 09:09 PM

Type that in another forum and just say hot or not

Nah, I'd rather be the odd one out.

Lukewarm!

:tongue: laugh

JRonin's photo
Fri 11/01/13 07:17 PM
Standing in these amber-colored stalks of wheat

not another soul for miles

i ponder.

ponder choice

ponder isolation

ponder sadness

i sink deeper into this sadness

falling to my knees

anguish hardens my heart

tears flow down my cheeks

i scream into the sky

does the world hear?

does it care?

need a response

need direction

need action

need...

...a hand to hold mine

arms around me

grasping tightly

shielding me from despair

a feminine voice

bolstering my anguish with

her gentle voice in my ear

"I've got you. I've got you. Just let go of it all.

I wont let go til you do.

shhhhhh.....im here......

....i'm here....shhhhhh"

The tears and anguish dont stop for a few single solitary minutes

I cant let go of my pain.

I look in the direction of hope but

the distance to it is too far

this wasteland will kill me

i pray for a quick death

at least then my pain will be ended

and hope will wrap her arms round me in death

and i can lay comfortable in her embrace

for eternity

in the solace i never achieved in life

JRonin's photo
Fri 11/01/13 01:46 PM
ever wonder why a person is hot? Can't base it on looks alone, obviously, but what's your take on why or how?

JRonin's photo
Thu 10/31/13 07:05 PM

How goes the search ronin? Any luck?

Talking to a fgew folks but very few talking back. Maybe I'm boring.

Patience is a virtue. Just have fun, be yourself and don't try so hard

excellent point. thanks

JRonin's photo
Thu 10/31/13 07:04 PM

No my answer is final laugh

brokenheart

That wasn't meant for you ronin lol

Relieved face! :smile:

JRonin's photo
Thu 10/31/13 07:01 PM
A man once asked his father "How do I find the right woman?" The boy's father said to him, "Don't wporry about finding the right woman. Focus on being the right man."

Same is true of you, ladies. if you're the right girl, the right guy for you will make his presence known.
Hoping for the right girl to make her presence known to me, but somehow I know it will take time and patience. I'm willing to wait. And hope.

Just a bit of wisdom from an ancient proverb.

One love,
-JRonin.

JRonin's photo
Thu 10/31/13 06:36 PM
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!!!

Hope everyone's got stories to share. Unfortunately, or fortunately, I'm staying home tonight with a horror film all alone with a bowl of noodles. work was kind of stressful, so Im just veggin' out now, but what's the most fun you had Halloween night? :smile:

JRONIN.

JRonin's photo
Tue 10/29/13 11:38 PM

How goes the search ronin? Any luck?

Talking to a fgew folks but very few talking back. Maybe I'm boring.

JRonin's photo
Tue 10/29/13 06:18 PM

WOW!!! I will give "btvs..." props for being so bold as to ask that question. Now, BT, here are the rules. You ever notice how many women get "outed" in extramarital relations versus men? Why is that? Trust me, the ladies here know that answer, and so do you. Think about it. And for just a subtle ear-whisper to you. A married man/woman should always seek another married man/woman for relations outside of their marriage. For the ladies who will want to castrate me for such advice...it was a woman who made me aware of that little gem of advice.
[/quote

Not the first time on this site I've heard extremely flawed logic, but this is just too hilariously insanely stupid advice!

rofl slaphead huh

WOW. JUST WOW.

That is all.

JRonin's photo
Mon 10/28/13 10:14 AM

I like attention lol

Me too.

JRonin's photo
Mon 10/28/13 10:11 AM

I read it againblushing shades smokin :tongue: embarassed glasses :banana:

Im that good? wow

hehe double meaning! lol

JRonin's photo
Mon 10/28/13 10:10 AM
thank you all

JRonin's photo
Mon 10/28/13 10:08 AM

flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

back at ya

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 18 19