Community > Posts By > mightymoe

mightymoe's photo
Sat 09/01/18 09:35 AM

There are 32 teams in the NFL. Yes, Cleveland and Detroit do still count, even if they are the only 2 teams to go perfect. laugh

Ray Rice was a Running Back, not a Linebacker. The Linebacker was Ray Lewis.

I was close,anyway...

mightymoe's photo
Sat 09/01/18 08:35 AM

Put it this way...
When budget cuts are needed to work out a better budget so the people feel better about our debt, NASA is one of the programs that gets slashed down so it "looks" like that regime is saving money and people like it.
If you ask random people on the street, many have no idea what NASA is but they believe our money should be going to "more important" things than space exploration.
Forty years ago if you asked people what the Apollo program was you would get an answer. Nowadays, people have no idea what the Apollo program was.
Hell, most can't even tell you what the Cassini mission was. What's even worst is the fact that many don't even know what the New Horizon mission is and that is still an active mission.
The only time people think about NASA is when there is a disaster.
People know about Challenger and Columbia shuttles but know nothing about Apollo 1.
People associate those disasters with NASA. Public opinion of NASA is low so when budget cuts are needed, their funding is chopped down. Nobody really notices, except those of us that focus on NASA.

Personally, I believe Earth's space expansion is the only "non-culling" solution to our over-population problem and we are a long way from being able to make it work reliably.
The only other solution is to start living in ocean biospheres and we know less about living underwater than we do about living in space.
misdirection... I guess 500 billion dollars a year for war makes more sense than learning about space...or the oceans for that matter...

mightymoe's photo
Sat 09/01/18 06:07 AM

Yeah man but the government tries to appease the people.
You do realize that public opinion is a major factor in NASA funding right?
So, to offset that they have to be willing to gain any advantage anyway they can.
Part of that advantage is other governments but also in the enlightenment from civilian contractors like SpaceX.
The failures in recovery have been noted, even tho they were civilian experiments. It all adds to the common knowledge bank that will build real science in our children's future.
The ball may not be a good ball for us but what we figure out might enable it to be a ball for our children.
The way we are over-populating and eating our resources, they will need a reliable ball to sustain them.
Sadly, I believe we are being far too short-sighted for the next generation...perhaps two or three generations maybe...if we can come together as a species.
As it sets, if nothing is done, our children will see a world of 10 billion people or more and I shudder to think what our grandchildren will face.
lol...20 trillion dollars in debt and you think the government cares what the people think?... Did they care what the people thought during the last few wars? It wasn't about the people thought, it was what obarry wanted...

mightymoe's photo
Sat 09/01/18 05:52 AM
Edited by mightymoe on Sat 09/01/18 05:53 AM

It seems like the more they detain and deport them more come in. I wonder sometimes if someone is not paying off the boarder patrols.

Employers should be required to do e-verify in Texas and when employers submit W-2's to irs should be cross check with e-verify records. Fines and jail time for business owners that don't comply.

It may reduce some of that crap.
have you looked at the names of most of the border gaurds? Remember, they have to speak Spanish as well...

mightymoe's photo
Sat 09/01/18 05:44 AM

The NFL wouldn't be going through this if kaep was white. Do you deny it? A white man can be fired when his work performance isn't up to standard but blacks play the race card.

We will know when it happens. Kaepernick was ranked 29 out of the top 100 quarterbacks.

Which of the 70 qbs ranking below Kaepernick in 2016 were let go after ?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2016/passing.htm
ummm...you should check your data...in 2016, according to the site you posted, Collin was dead last of all starting qb's...there's only 29 teams in the NFL....

mightymoe's photo
Sat 09/01/18 05:39 AM
What some people don't seem to understand is that the players work for the NFL and the teams they play for...it doesn't matter who or how good you are, if you causing problems at the workplace, your gonna get fired... Ray Rice, arguably the best linebacker in the league at the time, lost everything the second he knocked out his wife in the elevator.... The NFL is a workplace, not a stage to vent your problems to the world... Since Collin, an mediocre QB at best, couldn't keep his mind on football rather than American problems, was fired...not so hard to see, is it?

mightymoe's photo
Sat 09/01/18 05:27 AM

The NFL wouldn't be going through this if kaep was white. Do you deny it? A white man can be fired when his work performance isn't up to standard but blacks play the race card.

We will know when it happens. Kaepernick was ranked 29 out of the top 100 quarterbacks.

Which of the 70 qbs ranking below Kaepernick in 2016 were let go after ?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2016/passing.htm
probally a few. So what. 29th isn't that great, especially if your ego causes low team moral. He brings teams down with his " it's all about me attitude" . He can play in the Canadian league. They might put up with his antics.

really? Is that what his teammates said?

Like I said, NFL doesnt deserve half the talent that they exploit, let alone Colin. He opened the door to a purpose bigger than entertainment and sports, and I hope NFL learns a valuable lesson about infringing on players ability to merely quietly kneel.
well, I'm sure the NFL has a different opinion of what talent is than you...and maybe, they just could be right...

mightymoe's photo
Fri 08/31/18 05:14 PM

There's a lot of people that don't fully understand what NASA is for.
Space exploration is an infant endeavor.
NASA is the test bed and in any test bed things fail.
People expect cutting edge technology to work like a ball.
Balls do what balls do, you can count on a ball being and acting like a ball. If I spend money on a ball, I get a ball.

Cutting edge science and technology doesn't always do what its supposed to do. To get to the 'ball' stage, there's a lot of trail and error and trial and error costs tax money and lives of the test pilots.
However, to get it to be a 'ball' all the kinks have to be worked out and the place to work out those kinks is in space and getting to the "test chamber" is expensive.

SO, people say cut the spending of NASA because they are not doing anything of importance.
The thing is, even the failures show us things we need to learn to get to the 'ball' stage.
Its a species collective learning task.
One nation can't do it all, all by themselves.

I believe we, as a species, should pool our resources and work together to make space expansion a reliable ball.
That means USA, Russia, China, Europe and every other country that is investing in the technology should combine and become one.
Nobody 'owns' space. Nobody 'owns' planets.
there's been plenty of fails...Hubble, soyez, 2 space shuttles, all sorts of crap falling on us...look at how much money Hubble costs, with going into space and repairing the mirror, and it's given us tons of data since...one of the best projects ever for space exploration and learning... But it's not the public who gripes about the costs, it's the government

mightymoe's photo
Fri 08/31/18 05:07 PM

It's good to see them doing their job. Repeat offenders should face heavier fines. Double second time triple fine 3rd time and so on.
yea, I was thinking the same thing...if they could care less about the laws and fines, then maybe the owners need to sit in jail and triple the fines...

mightymoe's photo
Fri 08/31/18 04:32 PM
Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) reportedly detained more than 100 undocumented immigrants on Tuesday as part of a raid at a manufacturing company in Texas.

ICE detained 160 workers at a trailer manufacturer known as Load Trail, according to ABC News. The network notes that the company had been previously charged with knowingly hiring undocumented workers.

"I knew these were clearly illegals. This is not the way we are supposed to be hiring," Katrina Berger, the Department of Homeland Security's special agent in charge of investigations, told ABC News. "They told me to keep doing my job - that if they were visited by ICE again, they would simply pay the fine and go on."

Berger told the network that the raid was carried out after the agency received a tip about Load Trail hiring undocumented immigrants. Some of the immigrants were allegedly using fraudulent identification papers as well.

Berger added that the search did not conclude with any criminal arrests.

In 2014, Load Trail paid a fine of nearly $500,000 for knowingly employing unauthorized workers, according to ABC News, which added that the company had employed 179 people who were in the country illegally at the time.

The development in Texas comes as ICE continues to carry out raids across the country. Earlier this month, agents raided businesses in Montana and Nebraska, indicting 17 business owners and mangers for fraud and money laundering.

ICE did not immediately respond to request for comment from The Hill.

mightymoe's photo
Fri 08/31/18 04:18 PM

Well you want to piss off your boss. Disrupt business ..you get let go.
Others in the industry ( and it is a industry) see what you did and they don't want you doing it while they are paying you. So you don't get hired
Nothing new with that..business 101
My advice to him:
Buy a Popeye's franchise before all your money is gone..which will be soon ..because either you owe one or in a year or so you will be working the drive thru window at one
He'd done..out of the game too long and tainted..by his own doing
Hope your personal protest was worth the unemployment, Colin
You da man !! Lol

not buying it. This man was not the only one to 'disrupt business'. how many of the others were cut out?

Ray Rice...sued the NFL and won, but will still never wear a NFL uniform again... And he was way better than Collin...

I dont think the NFL any longer deserves Colin. I just want him to win the suit to send the message that certain types of retaliation against people's livelihoods for exercising free expression wont be tolerated.

he probably will...but that doesn't mean he'll have a job when it's over...no NFL team wants him, already been proven..

nothing worthwhile is ever achieved without sacrifice!!!

and,SOMETIMES,SOME people are willing to place their values above their own personal gain!

THOSE are the people who you know actually believe that what they are fighting for is the right thing,because they are willing to SACRIFICE something of value to try to make it happen.

that is A LOT different than all of these people who CLAIM that they believe in something,but aren't willing to try to do anything that might cost them something to try to make it happen,except spout off a few cheap,and empty words.

but,the people of integrity who are willing to SACRIFICE are the ones who actually change the world!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

lol...yea, he changed the world....that's why he's jobless right now...

mightymoe's photo
Fri 08/31/18 04:13 PM

Federal employees already have great salaries. It's nice to see Trump budgeting our money. I give him A+ for the week. :thumbsup:

REALLY??

you think that government workers make so much money that SUPER WEALTHY BILLIONAIRES need financial help more than they do??

so,tell us...
just how much money do you think that civil servants make??

and,what is the cost of living in the areas where they live?
[like in the washington D.C. area?]

surely you wouldn't mind enlightening us on these facts,since you act like you know everything well enough to justify helping super wealthy billionaires,and not them??

[and,PLEASE,show your work!!! we need FACTS to back 'your opinion' up with,cuz as we all know,'your opinion' isn't always as 'factual,as it needs to be!]
laugh

Wow. You really hate rich successful people. It's not about helping anybody. It's about being paid for what the job is wprth. I find most are over paid for the amount of work they do. They can always go to work somewhere else without all the benefits. All democrats think the tax cut stole their money. They don't see it as them living off others and waiting for a check.

SO,in other words,you CANT come up with any facts to back up your opinion that super wealthy billionaires need the money they got from the government because of trumps $2 TRILLION DOLLAR TAX CUT more than the federal workers need their cost of living raise that they were supposed to get????????

[WHODATHUNKIT???]

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

did you forget we're 20 trillion dollars in debt? They get a raise every year, they can afford to skip two years...

mightymoe's photo
Fri 08/31/18 04:09 PM

McCain's mother was there, she is 106 ! That was so sad for her !!
106? Wow it must suck to be that old...I hope I'm gone by 70

mightymoe's photo
Fri 08/31/18 04:04 PM

because they are users ...
no, bad mothers... Some don't understand anything not natural they injest while pregnant hampers the babies cell division.... If the brain isn't properly developing because of toxins in the mothers body, the kid comes out without full brain functions..

mightymoe's photo
Fri 08/31/18 03:58 PM
How about the first MTV video...money for nothing

mightymoe's photo
Fri 08/31/18 03:56 PM

Korm - freak on a leash, not even a close contest
Korn is pretty bad azz...haven't seen any of their videos tho...

mightymoe's photo
Fri 08/31/18 03:54 PM
They still make M.V.'s? I haven't seen one in years...

mightymoe's photo
Fri 08/31/18 03:43 PM

... do you think you can have, or how many have you had?
I guess since "soulmates" don't exist, as many as you think...

mightymoe's photo
Fri 08/31/18 03:41 PM

And then there are the mole people that live in hollow Earth that are far more advanced than us surface dwellers.
And lets not forget about how when Atlantis sank its inhabitants learned to breathe underwater and became merefolk.
Plus there are Nazi's living on the Moon and are plotting an attack on us poor Earthlings.
Not to stress that aliens and UFOs are really travelers from a future Earth coming back in time to collect specimens because their genetic code is corrupted and cows are extinct.
And lets see...every thing ever written is a true accounting because nobody would write or draw anything from imagination and legends and lore is always based in fact.

Okay, got it.
wasn't the moon, the aliens took Hitler with them....to Argentina...

It tells the story of a group of Nazi Germans who, having been defeated in 1945, fled to the Moon, where they built a space fleet to return in 2018 and conquer Earth.

See also: Rocket Ship Galileo, Robert A. Heinlein's 1947 novel in which Nazis establish a secret base on the Moon.

It must be a true fact because two historical accountings align.
but what about the Nazi zombies? Are they coming to?

Yes and they ride zombie T-Rexes and carry machine guns

those bastards...I hate them

mightymoe's photo
Fri 08/31/18 02:55 PM

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-cancels-scheduled-pay-raises-most-federal-employees-n905151

President Donald Trump announced Thursday that he was canceling scheduled pay raises for most federal employees that had been set to go into effect in January, citing government budget concerns.

In a letter to House and Senate leaders, Trump wrote that he’d decided “across-the-board” pay raises as well as locality pay raises for civilian federal workers in 2019 would be frozen.

“I have determined that for 2019, both across‑the‑board pay increases and locality pay increases will be set at zero,” he wrote.

In the letter, Trump said a 25.7-percent pay raise for localities, as well as a 2.1-percent pay increase for across-the-board pay, both scheduled for January 2019, would add billions to the federal deficit. Specifically, he pointed to the scheduled locality pay raise as costing $25 billion.

The move comes just nine months after Trump signed his $1.5-trillion tax cut bill into law and five months after he signed a mammoth $1.3-trillion spending bill.

Democrats and other critics of the tax cut bill attacked it as a gift to corporations and the wealthy, with little to help average Americans.

The combined effect of both bills is expected to send the government's budget deficit toward the $1 trillion mark next year, according to an analysis by the Congressional Budget Office. Deficits would grow to $1.5 trillion by 2028, the report projected, and could exceed $2 trillion if the tax cuts are fully extended and if Washington doesn't cut spending.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
so,trump is ok with giving the SUPER WEALTHY BILLIONAIRES a MULTI- TRILLION DOLLAR TAX CUT that will drive our deficit up OVER $1 TRILLION DOLLARS,but doesn't want to give MOST federal employees a measley 2.1% cost of living pay increase,or pay any money for the operation of our infrastructure.

[notice he said MOST federal employees,and not ALL federal employees!!! so,THAT means the SOME federal employees,like senators,and congressmen will STILL be getting THEIR pay raises,but all the REST of the federal employees wont be getting a DIME!!!]

it sure is funny that trump thought we could afford to give the SUPER WEALTHY BILLIONAIRES a $2 TRILLION DOLLAR TAX CUT,but we cant afford to give all of the poor,underpaid CIVIL servants a single dime!!!

[these aren't WELFARE recipients,or any of the OTHER people that all of the trump supporters keep whining about,and claiming are just lazy bums looking for a FREE HANDOUT,these are the HARD WORKING CIVL SERVANTS who go to work every day to keep this country,and its government running!!]

I just cant wait for some of the delusional trump supporters on here to put in their two cents,and tell us exactly HOW they can possibly believe that trump has the best interests of the common,working man,or the country in his heart,and isn't just a worthless piece of crap who is only trying to help the super wealthy billionaires [like HIMSELF] fleece the government or every penny they possibly can at the expense of the middle class,and every OTHER person in the united states ho isn't a millionaire/billionaire.

well,

we're waiting!!

lets hear it!!!

I am sure that we could all use a good laugh!

so it's ok when the Dems cheat everyone, but not the repubs? whoa

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25