Community > Posts By > mightymoe

mightymoe's photo
Fri 09/07/18 07:56 AM

So presenting FACTS is now "conservative bashing"? And showing the inherent bias of a cited piece is "bashing"?
no, it's called bashing when you can't read what the topic is about....hint - it's not about Trump....in any way

And if you will look REAL CLOSELY, I didn't mention Trump in my original reply, just stated that you are attempting in the OP to bash Obama with something that is normal for ALL ex-presidents to do.

See how YOUR biased media source is leading you around?

yea, because I started the topic...I didn't jump into your anti Trump thread and bash Obama, did I?

mightymoe's photo
Fri 09/07/18 07:53 AM

CNN is the modern Onion....only brainwashed liberals believe anything CNN says...

except this piece is not what "CNN said", but what an actual military vet did and his interaction with Colin Kaepernick.

not really, it was more about Trump saying McCain wasn't a hero...

Well, now that you mention it, do you believe Trump was wrong in criticizing John McCain as "not a hero"?

Trump has a right to his opinion, just like you do ... Opinions aren't right or wrong, they're just opinions

Yes, I know that everyone is entitled to an opinion. I asked for YOURS, not a parroting of your president's party line.

Oh, and there IS a difference between your and my opinion, and the president's opinion. As the occupant of the office he sits in, he is supposed to represent ALL of us. How can he claim he is FOR veterans and the flag when he is spouting off about the NFL, but then he makes fun of ANY POW?
spouting off? He's trying to correct something a lot of people think is a problem...isn't that his job? Correcting problems seems to be in that Presidential job description? Me personally, I wish all of you Trump haters would shut up and let him do his job,but it's your right to be a part of the problem rather than being part of a solution...

mightymoe's photo
Fri 09/07/18 05:26 AM

I believe there's that option for premium members only....
you're correct, it's a pay for item...

mightymoe's photo
Fri 09/07/18 05:22 AM
Edited by mightymoe on Fri 09/07/18 05:29 AM

The governments of the world wouldn't tell anyone. It would happen unannounced because what's the point of warning people of such an event?

And that's not a bad thing.

The governments of the world are not the only ones who would know of an impending doom. The many astronomers, astrophysicists, amateur astronomers who are not part of any government would also know and I am sure they would alert the world.
especially with multimedia and YouTube . .. laughing .. someone would be unable to keep something like that to themselves .
the space around Earth is huge, it can't be watched 100% of the time no matter what..our government funds most of the space observation posts anyway, so they can control information... Just last week, they found a meteor the size of a 17 story building, gunna pass between the earth and the moon at about ¹150,000 miles from us..a "very" near Miss, in astonomical terms...

I forgot to say it will pass by earth (hopefully) tommorow, sat. The 8th..

mightymoe's photo
Fri 09/07/18 05:08 AM

I've been surrounded by a world full of people eagerly accusing each other of hypocrisy, for most of my life. After a while, came to be very specific about what I will accept as actual hypocrisy, because so many of the cases turned out to be something else on close inspection.

For example, I don't support most "hypocrisy by transference" accusations.
That's what this one seems to be. That is, the complaint seems to be that people support Trump OVERALL, rather than opposing him IN EVERY RESPECT, while they also oppose some particular things that Trump has done or said. That's too vague and disconnected for me to allow "hypocrisy" as the label.

In addition, a lot of the time, accusing someone of hypocrisy like this, ignores the far greater negative acts of the person being criticized.

In my observation and personal analysis, Trump's attack on McCain isn't problematic because he declared McCain to not be heroic, due to having been captured. What's problematic about it, is that it is part of an overall attitude that Trump has, that facts and logic and consistency don't matter in the least, and that only "what I want right now" is important.

Because that is the reason WHY Trump pretends to disrespect McCain. He does so entirely because during his campaign, he NEEDED to pretend to have no respect for McCain, in order to persuade some Republicans to support himself for President, OVER McCain. The only reason why he continues to pretend to believe as he does, is again, all about himself, and has nothing to do with obeying any principle. He continues to pretend to think badly of McCain, because he is defending Trump, not because he is defending an ideal.

That isn't hypocrisy, it's vastly worse. It shows that Trump is entirely UNPRINCIPLED. That he has no recognizable sense of personal honor.
all your psychoanalysis aside, they just didn't like each other...

mightymoe's photo
Fri 09/07/18 05:04 AM

CNN is the modern Onion....only brainwashed liberals believe anything CNN says...

except this piece is not what "CNN said", but what an actual military vet did and his interaction with Colin Kaepernick.

Well, now that you mention it, do you believe Trump was wrong in criticizing John McCain as "not a hero"?

Yes. I feel as a President, it is destructive and irresponsible to speak of a vet that way when speaking of their military service.

I feel, unlike a professional athlete, he LITERALLY has a responsibility to our military men and women.

he has a right to his opinion...Trump and McCain didn't like each other, simple as that...what did McCain do to "become" a hero? He got caught, then did everything they told him to do...not very heroish in my opinion... Did he save a platoon ( or anyone for that matter)? Did he stop a ship from sinking? Has he done anything to be considered a hero?

maybe nothing at all, but if one is taking a 'loyalty to all vets' approach of condemning the kneeling of someone during an anthem, I expect more respect for their service, whether they have been captured or not, ESPECIALLY from someone elected commander in chief.

thanks for your opinion...glad to know you care so much for our vets...oh, wait....you think all the vets are hero's, but the flag is "just a piece of cloth" , and nobody should have pride in their country....

mightymoe's photo
Fri 09/07/18 04:55 AM
Edited by mightymoe on Fri 09/07/18 04:56 AM

http://www.sott.net/article/395237-Obama-threatens-to-cancel-taxpayer-funded-speech-in-Denmark-if-his-contract-is-released-to-the-public

Representatives for Barack Obama have threatened to cancel the former president's upcoming paid speech at a Denmark university if details of his speaking contract are released to the public.

Obama will participate in a moderated question and answer session on Sept. 28 at the University of Southern Denmark before local business leaders, university students and local dignitaries, according to Business Kolding, the event's organizer.

But the event has already sparked criticism from citizens of Denmark's Kolding Municipality, which is providing 750,000 kroner, or $117,000, in taxpayer funds to support the behind-closed-doors event titled "A Conversation with President Barack Obama."

Kolding currently faces a deficit of 100 million kroner in its next year's budget. The town's mayor, Jørn Pedersen, justified using taxpayer dollars to fund Obama's invite-only talk, claiming the event is effectively a marketing opportunity for the town, according to Danish news outlet JydskeVestkysten.

"At this event, current and future leaders will have an opportunity to experience President Obama first hand. Everyone can expect to be inspired. And we have every reason to be proud," Kolding Mayor Jørn Pedersen said.

But Pedersen said he has been kept in the dark by the event's organizers regarding the total cost of hosting Obama's talk.

When pressed by a local news outlet for more information, Business Kolding said the Obama team would cancel the event outright if details surrounding his speaking contract were released to the public.

Despite efforts to keep the media in the dark, JydskeVestkyn estimates Obama will rake in up to two million kroner, or $312,000, for partaking in the event.

The University of Southern Denmark anticipates that Obama's visit will "boost" the university's prestige.

"SDU is an international university with a strong vision. We wish to break down barriers and mould the future. We are convinced that President Barack Obama's visit will give us a tremendous boost," said Henrik Dam, the university's vice-chancellor.

"As a regional player, this is a unique opportunity for us to support an exceptional event here in the Region of Southern Denmark. It is an event that in every possible way promotes SDU's strategic goals of being an international university, enabling every talent and encouraging the exceptional," added pro-vice-chancellor Bjarne Graabech Sørensen.

Obama's office did not respond to The Daily Caller News Foundation's request for comment.

Comment: The Clinton's have taught him well.

117,000 kroners ? Is that all ? I know the Clinton's are great teachers of corruption but Obama didn't learn much. Hillary would have charged 5 times that much.
just what the city paid...doesn't mean there aren't other contributers there...

mightymoe's photo
Fri 09/07/18 04:53 AM

http://www.sott.net/article/395237-Obama-threatens-to-cancel-taxpayer-funded-speech-in-Denmark-if-his-contract-is-released-to-the-public

Representatives for Barack Obama have threatened to cancel the former president's upcoming paid speech at a Denmark university if details of his speaking contract are released to the public.

Obama will participate in a moderated question and answer session on Sept. 28 at the University of Southern Denmark before local business leaders, university students and local dignitaries, according to Business Kolding, the event's organizer.

But the event has already sparked criticism from citizens of Denmark's Kolding Municipality, which is providing 750,000 kroner, or $117,000, in taxpayer funds to support the behind-closed-doors event titled "A Conversation with President Barack Obama."

Kolding currently faces a deficit of 100 million kroner in its next year's budget. The town's mayor, Jørn Pedersen, justified using taxpayer dollars to fund Obama's invite-only talk, claiming the event is effectively a marketing opportunity for the town, according to Danish news outlet JydskeVestkysten.

"At this event, current and future leaders will have an opportunity to experience President Obama first hand. Everyone can expect to be inspired. And we have every reason to be proud," Kolding Mayor Jørn Pedersen said.

But Pedersen said he has been kept in the dark by the event's organizers regarding the total cost of hosting Obama's talk.

When pressed by a local news outlet for more information, Business Kolding said the Obama team would cancel the event outright if details surrounding his speaking contract were released to the public.

Despite efforts to keep the media in the dark, JydskeVestkyn estimates Obama will rake in up to two million kroner, or $312,000, for partaking in the event.

The University of Southern Denmark anticipates that Obama's visit will "boost" the university's prestige.

"SDU is an international university with a strong vision. We wish to break down barriers and mould the future. We are convinced that President Barack Obama's visit will give us a tremendous boost," said Henrik Dam, the university's vice-chancellor.

"As a regional player, this is a unique opportunity for us to support an exceptional event here in the Region of Southern Denmark. It is an event that in every possible way promotes SDU's strategic goals of being an international university, enabling every talent and encouraging the exceptional," added pro-vice-chancellor Bjarne Graabech Sørensen.

Obama's office did not respond to The Daily Caller News Foundation's request for comment.

Or maybe Trump,,, seen those tax returns yet?

I don't think Trump or tax returns are part of this.... Did you not read the op?

mightymoe's photo
Thu 09/06/18 09:56 PM
Edited by mightymoe on Thu 09/06/18 09:58 PM

Yes. I feel as a President, it is destructive and irresponsible to speak of a vet that way when speaking of their military service.

I feel, unlike a professional athlete, he LITERALLY has a responsibility to our military men and women.

he has a right to his opinion...Trump and McCain didn't like each other, simple as that...what did McCain do to "become" a hero? He got caught, then did everything they told him to do...not very heroish in my opinion... Did he save a platoon ( or anyone for that matter)? Did he stop a ship from sinking? Has he done anything to be considered a hero?

mightymoe's photo
Thu 09/06/18 05:46 PM

Twitter permanently bans Alex Jones, Infowars citing abuse.

Twitter is permanently banning right-wing conspiracy theorist Alex Jones and his "Infowars" show for abusive behavior.

http://www.usnews.com/news/business/articles/2018-09-06/twitter-permanently-bans-alex-jones-infowars-citing-abuse

To me, it's good to hear of this. This guy is the leader of the tinfoil hat brigade and one of the biggest spewers of the hate, lies, and misinformation. Next to Trump, this guy is the definition of "Fake News".

ya know, the only reason I came in here is to see how long it took before the hate started....the first post...whoa

mightymoe's photo
Thu 09/06/18 05:43 PM

I have no idea who Jones is but I don't like censorship. When does the book burning begin?

Twitter is a company. It has the right to censor anything it wants on its platform. Unless the American taxpayer starts footing Twitter's costs, we have no say in what they censor.
they're all privately owned companies... This guy's response sums it all up...

mightymoe's photo
Thu 09/06/18 05:36 PM

Obama is a lifelong oxygen thief.

Like Dub said, Obama is also ancient history. But all you Trump fanatics can't let him go. Even your Fearless Leader carries a torch for him, always bringing him up. When Obama was in the office, talk about W died out after Obama actually got stuff DONE in his first 100 days. But since our current Pervert in Chief can't get crap done, he has to keep bringing up Obama and the Clintons!

Do you guys all still call Obama's number, then hang up when he answers the phone? It is SO SWEET you all miss him.

Actually, I'll admit, I miss having a president I can be proud of too.
never had that feeling...in fact, Trump is the only president I gave a sigh of relief when I saw he won... Every other president I can remember, I experienced a pang of dread when they won... I'm not a big fan of Trump, but ANYTHING would be better than another four years of liberal hell from that witch...

mightymoe's photo
Thu 09/06/18 05:29 PM

Trump has a right to his opinion, just like you do ... Opinions aren't right or wrong, they're just opinions

mightymoe's photo
Thu 09/06/18 02:07 PM

mightymoe's photo
Thu 09/06/18 01:57 PM

a public leader/figure, who lead the US out of a pit of near depression is getting paid to speak .... what a scandal shocked
I don't think anyone said scandalous... I just asked what the big secret is...

mightymoe's photo
Thu 09/06/18 09:53 AM

mightymoe's photo
Thu 09/06/18 08:45 AM

Wow. You really hate rich successful people. It's not about helping anybody. It's about being paid for what the job is wprth. I find most are over paid for the amount of work they do. They can always go to work somewhere else without all the benefits. All democrats think the tax cut stole their money. They don't see it as them living off others and waiting for a check.

how does this align with 'the money must come from somewhere'

so If I have a budget where 10 people are each paying 30 dollars to make it work, that means I need a budget of 300 dollars. So if 5 suddenly pay only 20 dollars, who is gonna make up for that 50 dollars no longer being divied up?

More jobs being created and more people paying into the system. Get someone off welfare and paying taxes is a win win.

not if they still dont earn above poverty income, and therefore aren't held accountable to pay tax.

Its only a win for the employer, who has another workhorse to work toward the profit that goes to their pockets.

Guess what..learn more.. earn more..work your way up to a better life.
Not a new concept
And the profit should go in the employers pocket. It's their company

You want profit. Start your own company..lay out your own money. Take the risks..until then..it is someone else's profit
And they have no obligation to give it to you!..none

yes,they DO have an obligation to do it!!!

it is called 'paying your FAIR share of taxes'!...

the MIDDLE CLASS sure seems to have an obligation to do it,dont they?

EVERYBODY is SUPPOSED to do it,except people who have enough money to be in Donald trump's tax bracket dont seem to be required to do it,and are leaving the middle class holding he bag to make up the difference that THEY[the super wealthy] are SUPPOSED to be paying.

so,please explain to us how come the MIDDLE CLASS have an obligation to pay THEIR fair share of taxes,but the SUPER WEALTHY DONT have the same obligation?
why don't you enlighten us on how much the "wealthy" pay or don't pay? Remember, 10% of a billion is a hundred million... So even if it's at 10%, which I know is higher, anyone who makes a billion dollars is paying way more than any person in the middle class..

mightymoe's photo
Thu 09/06/18 08:36 AM

mightymoe's photo
Sun 09/02/18 04:06 PM

There are several compounds in different parts of the US. training children for war . I t's nothing new been going on for more than a Decade. The media is not Full. force on reporting any of this. Only because. It was reported children were being mistreated. In one of these compounds.

I believe they are on Private properties. Even US citizens have complained of this in different states .

US/, Washington better wise up and go after these people forming the componds. Because they are coming for Americans.

I think the skinheads have one up in Washington or Oregon..somewhere up there and you are right it is private property so the law has a hard time gathering Intel on what they are doing in there
the Patriot act allows the game wardens full police powers...meaning they're the only law enforcement that can go anywhere without a warrant and arrest anyone for any crime...

mightymoe's photo
Sun 09/02/18 11:07 AM
Longest border with Mexico...

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25