no photo
Fri 07/19/13 11:48 PM

There's always something that isn't thought about until it's to late. Like not setting the ladder up near a cactus bed when you're trying to catch a wood pecker. hahaha

HAHAHA!! Oh the visions that conjures!!
I sense a story there Izzy!

no photo
Fri 07/19/13 11:40 PM
Edited by MelifluousSculptor on Fri 07/19/13 11:46 PM
Oh I have a few things on facebook though...

Meet George.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=345288172261118&set=a.119997434790194.17871.100003398152477&type=3&theater

And here's a sheep's skull I had fun painting.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=241050212684915&set=a.119997434790194.17871.100003398152477&type=3&theater

I love how the divisions in the skull look like parts of a map. Skulls are natural works of art and it took me a long time to decide that I would paint them.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=241055989351004&set=a.234379620018641.49305.100003398152477&type=1&theater

(why don't they show as links??)

no photo
Fri 07/19/13 11:35 PM
I really need to get organized (p'ha!!) and get my stuff up somewhere. Here's the only thing I've put on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWxgq4cFRuQ

Digital stuff IS art. It accesses a different part of the brain than conventional art does though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWxgq4cFRuQ

no photo
Fri 07/19/13 11:09 PM

Love driftwood and I'm currently incorporating it to my home. Saw this one recently and was actually going to do something similar, but am still looking for the right driftwood. The person who did this beat me to it. Beautiful, IMHO.

I think how you decorate your home is also an art in itself. :)

Oh Red!! I saw this a year or two ago and had the same reaction! I may be wrong, but I don't think it's drift wood, I think someone has made that. I'd love to know how, because I'd love to make something like that too! Oooone daaaay

no photo
Fri 07/19/13 11:05 PM

I think if the art gets you to experience feelings, or emotions then it is art.

Jeanniebean, you just might be right. I watched a little blurb the other day about a dog that made "art". The owner put trace paper on a canvas and taped the whole thing up, gave it to the dog, and he went crazy trying to get the tape off. The result was a whole bunch of scratches on a piece of canvas board with the colours of the american flag. I was thinking to myself "you have got to be kidding". But it did elicit a response, didn't it! LOL People were eating it up! I just have a problem with calling a dog with a packing tape fixation an artist! LOL

no photo
Fri 07/19/13 10:51 PM

I'm not one to brag or anything but I can rock out a kazoo like nobodys business.....smokin

LMAO!! Kaazoooo solo!!!
I love it!!

no photo
Fri 07/19/13 10:44 PM

Okaaaayyy... I've given a couple of guys my email address to chat, but I'm not a real OR a fake scammer... oops slaphead
Is there really a danger to giving someone your email address?? scared

some use it to Scam,Spam,and selling it,might even manage to hack into your Computer!
Best is to use a Web-based Address,like Yahoo,Google or Hotmail,where you can just walk away from,and create another Account!
Also need to make strong Passwords,not something the Scammers can guess!

Right, thanks! I do use hotmail, but didn't think about getting spammed. D'oh!

no photo
Fri 07/19/13 10:41 PM

I'd trade a life with someone who looked more like this because I would be found attractive on a universal scale.

Meh. Sure she's pretty, but she's kind of cookie cutter, don't you think? Red, I think you're lovely biggrin

no photo
Fri 07/19/13 10:36 PM

If you could change a single thing about yourself, would you? What would it be and why? And do you think you'd be anymore happier then you are now, if you did?

As the illustrious Jim Ignatoski.(taxi) said...."'why would I want to change me?...I'd just have to buy new clothes..!!'. :) But my point is one thing would lead to dissatisfaction with every choice we didn't make?...frustrated

Dallas, I loved taxi!! Jim was my fav!
the second part of your statement is somehow rattling around in my head LOL Is it just me or did anyone else understand that LMAO! (I'm laughing at myself Dallas, not you!)

no photo
Fri 07/19/13 10:32 PM

That I'm a strong, intelligent and perfectly capable woman to achieve whatever I want in my life.

That I can unconditionally love others and myself, and I choose to.

That I can forgive myself for whatever I may have done wrong. Learn about it, and just understood that every choice I took, at the long run (sometimes short) are blessings in my life, if not I wouldn´t be who I am today.

Great attitude Kat!!

no photo
Fri 07/19/13 10:31 PM

I'm trying to learn to trust again I'm having a hard time with it I know and believe there are still good and honest men out there but I recently went through something that's making trust hard. So that's what I'm working on

Oh I hear that pkh. I was married to a man for three and a half years before I realized he was a compulsive liar and he turned out to be really quite nasty. That was a very hard thing to get over. Be gentle with yourself. It's ok that you're having trouble trusting again. Remind yourself that you're good and kind and all the lovely words you can think of, and that you'll be ok. It's ok, things will get better. flowerforyou

no photo
Fri 07/19/13 10:27 PM

sounds to me like he found someone else...

....so I was right he was just trying to create drama unecessarily

No sweet. He didn't cheat. He has too much respect for himself to do that. He really is a good man.

I'm so sorry you experienced so much pain in your relationship.

no photo
Fri 07/19/13 10:22 PM

I learned I'm about as good at a relationship as I am at flying a space shuttle...So I dropped the idea and now am pursuing educational goals.

We'll see how it goes.smokin

That's a good thing to do, F&L. Sometimes we just need to spend time with ourselves. Don't worry though. You've learned from the relationships you've had, right? you get better at it with practise :smile:

no photo
Fri 07/19/13 10:19 PM
Thank you mg, that's nice to hear.

no photo
Fri 07/19/13 10:18 PM

Melu- yes, people change. People also get better at living their own truths, too. I went through/ am going through that kind of period, myself. It s not easy. Fortunately, my partner and I are working things through and are still heading in the same direction. If the time comes that we no longer are able to do so, I hope that we deal with things as maturely as you have. flowerforyou

Reset. Regroup. Be kind to yourself. That's all we can do. :heart:

flowerforyou Aww. Yes it's tough, isn't it. We also worked on things for a good long time, as we promised each other not to give up until we had really tried to fix it. There were so many circumstances that worked against us too. Maybe without those, things wouldn't have come to an end, but it's a futile exercise to think about that.

I like what you say about reset regroup and be kind to yourself. That last one is key!! I also found being kind to each other really helped both of us to accept things and move on because there was very little bitterness and a big interest in helping each other ease our pain. So we help each other in whatever ways we can and we do coffee and stuff. It's hard not to call him babe, or honey, or sweetheart any more, but we're having fun trying to think of new nick names for each other.

Anyway. I wish you much peace with whatever happens. Either way, you will be ok. You have a good mind set :thumbsup:

no photo
Fri 07/19/13 10:11 PM
Edited by MelifluousSculptor on Fri 07/19/13 10:19 PM

no photo
Fri 07/19/13 02:09 AM
Okaaaayyy... I've given a couple of guys my email address to chat, but I'm not a real OR a fake scammer... oops slaphead
Is there really a danger to giving someone your email address?? scared

no photo
Fri 07/19/13 01:55 AM
It's a tough lot you've got there, isn't it Dodo?

no photo
Fri 07/19/13 01:04 AM
Lovely, icj. I really like the bright colours on the women : )

no photo
Fri 07/19/13 01:01 AM
Yes, totally makes sense. You sound just like an artist winking