no photo
Thu 03/06/14 03:43 PM

.. has he still not got his haircut yet.. damn man. cut that reg off.. its 2014.. not 1976..lol..
I had a bowl cut in 1976 it's taken me till the 21st century to catch up with 70's fads, who knows maybe by 2050 I'll be ready to try out the early Justin Bieber look. laugh

Nooooo Tech, dooooon't do iiiiittt....!

Haha bowl cut rofl

no photo
Thu 03/06/14 03:34 PM

In this case, no, because I brought up my opinion because of her post. So, it made sense to quote the post.

This is news to me too, I hadn't realized this was posting ettiquitte. I always quote someone because I want them to know I heard what they said. Feels like a manners thing to me.

AAaaannyway... Long hair on men? Groovy! Body hair is nice too if it's soft and fuzzy. So long as he cleans the bathroom XD (man those things breed, I swear!!)

no photo
Thu 03/06/14 03:11 PM

Effective communication with the person. Research revealed that women tend to reveal their secrets in bed. ;)

Waaaahhoo!!rofl (It isn't easy being cheezy)

no photo
Thu 03/06/14 03:10 PM
Pacific Star, you should write a guide to internet dating :thumbsup: flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 03/06/14 03:07 PM

Hey new friend Mel! waving

Beating around the bush can slake off dead wood (no pun intended) allowing the bush to blossom, so can it scare out the skunk. If I were punning and not philosophizing through metaphor I would have said: Beating around the bush can revive dead wood, so can it scare away the beaver. bigsmile

I prefer an unrushed direct approach. Even if it's awkward or uncomfortable and whether it results in satisfaction or disappointment. It feels more honest and definitive to me.

That said I shall be direct. After reading your profile and other forum post's I'm very interested in getting to know you. I'd like to write to you privately but alas your settings only allow those located within 50 miles to contact you. I'm located just slightly outside that limitation by a multiple of oh about 25 X's. sad2

Hi TechnoV waving
LOL yes I limited myself by saying close to home because I'm currently carless (boo!) But I realize I'm cutting myself off with that. I'd love to chat : ) and will change that setting. And I like direct. Honesty is a beautiful quality!

no photo
Tue 03/04/14 06:16 PM

I would say, if you have an interest in someone, go read
anything/everything they have ever written on the forums.

Lightning enlightening :-)

(You can click on the number beneath their forum
picture to do that.)

Souf!!! Thank you!! I was looking for a feature like this. :thumbsup:

no photo
Tue 03/04/14 06:15 PM

I think you mean online-wise here, so...
Ask questions (try to avoid rapid firing them) about basic stuff and gauge how personal to follow up based off responses. It's just like the usual give and take in the "physically present level" just in a less personal text based format here.

Pho, this is what I struggle with, as with "physically present" life. I need connection, and struggle with how to establish it. Apparently many people don't want deeper connection, although they think they do (read Moe's post!). Am I wrong??

no photo
Tue 03/04/14 06:11 PM

.. you mean there's actual profiles. to read.. damn that's what I'm doing wrong..lol... to be honest I just be as honest as I can be.... and what I've learned from watching other people on here.. don't just come out and ask for sex

I like that Ph. Honesty is the best policy? Not always. But I feel wrong when I'm not.

no photo
Tue 03/04/14 06:06 PM
Edited by MelifluousSculptor on Tue 03/04/14 06:09 PM

i beat around the bush, no pun intended... it reveals the true nature of people... people that tell you who they are are usually wrong...

LOL slaphead I set myself up for that, didn't I?! :laughing:
That's thought provoking Moe. Will have to spend some time this evening doing some reassessing LOL

no photo
Tue 03/04/14 06:01 PM
This could be fun happy rofl

no photo
Tue 03/04/14 05:52 PM

I'm surviving! This cold weather has almost done me in!! Hence the new pictures of me in the hat and coat. Maybe if I share it, and everybody takes a tiny piece, the cold will just go away. waving

How are you doing Moe? Are you warm?

no photo
Tue 03/04/14 05:44 PM
OMG Technovative, tears in my eyes laughing at your responses! Doesn't matter what your hair looks like, you're too groovy :laughing:

no photo
Tue 03/04/14 05:36 PM
Thanks Mighty One flowers

no photo
Tue 03/04/14 05:25 PM
The greatest beauty can be seen in an honest smile. I'm a sucker for a genuine smile! And kindness is beautiful. Character traits are so much more attractive than physical beauty.

no photo
Tue 03/04/14 05:19 PM
Everybody is here to look for meaningful contact, whether that be a romantic relationship, or someone to chat with. How do you get to know somebody? Are there certain things you want to know that you ask directly, or do you beat around the bush to get the feel of a personality (or something in between)?

no photo
Wed 02/26/14 09:35 PM
Hia from Stratford :)
What are all us crazy Ontarians doing here?? We should all take a trip somewhere warm and sunny!! Yeesh

no photo
Tue 02/25/14 08:15 PM
Thought I'd offer my 2 cents worth, seeing as I was married to a tall man. He's 6'6", and I'm 5'6". I had a lot of neck pain while we were married, and he had a lot of back pain. He often didn't look at women, but if there was a tall woman around he'd always look. Never in a disrespectful way, but I know he was attracted to tall women.

As a point of interest, I don't necessarily think he is the norm, but he is actually insecure about his own height. He hates that he stands out in a crowd. A tall woman would probably help him feel less isolated. Maybe a tall man would appreciate you in that aspect as well as for your other fine qualities.

For the record though, what that other person said about "what others say about you is none of your business" I thought was on the money. Focus your energy on being your dazzling self : )

no photo
Tue 02/25/14 07:51 PM
Good wish Maria, I like that one. Although, I've had many relaxing days (except for the cold) and I'm going a little stir crazy.

no photo
Tue 02/25/14 07:49 PM
I'm wishing for sun!! Man this has been a brutal winter and I've so had enough. Next week brutally cold. One day spring will come. Dratted groundhog!!

no photo
Tue 09/17/13 05:15 AM

attraction is not a choice.....it has nothing so much to do with the outside of the person.....we are looking for a image......

Attraction might not be a choice for a brief time, but I've known gorgeous men who quickly revealed themselves as ugly and my attraction to them ceased immediately.

My first husband came as a shock to my mother, who later told me she thought he looked like an old polish woman who was just missing the handkerchief. He became ugly too.