BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Sat 01/18/14 08:06 PM
Sleep! Its 4am and im wide awake. Guess this is what happens when your head is like a washing machine full of bricks. happy

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Thu 01/16/14 08:21 AM
Id be daunted by an older woman! Still, it would be an experience i guess. Daresay itd be a fun one too!

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Wed 01/15/14 08:21 PM
Ask you to wash the wet ones laugh

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Wed 01/15/14 07:53 PM
Black, streaked with very occasional sunset orange

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Wed 01/15/14 07:46 PM
Apologise for the wet patch...

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Wed 01/15/14 07:39 PM
Im a fake man. My pictures are stolen. Im really a 69 year old female Russian ex shot putter. laugh

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Wed 01/15/14 07:33 PM
Sleep! Seeing as im suffering from empty bed syndrome n all that...

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Thu 12/19/13 02:37 AM
Really? I was a little dissapointed with black flag. Still, to each their own laugh

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Fri 12/13/13 06:10 AM
ok, todays weapon: The great rock chord songbook

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Fri 12/13/13 05:45 AM
yeah you should, Skyrim has to be up there with the best on xbox. be prepared to give up your social life! lol

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Fri 12/13/13 05:33 AM
alo matey, haha.nah ill stick to coffee and beer! lol bit of a disspaointing end to europe for the tic the other night, eh? Big Samaras didnt look interested at all lol

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Fri 12/13/13 03:34 AM
Just nipped on to say hello to all the folks i used to shoot the **** with here, hope your all well
happy

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Sun 11/03/13 07:05 AM
Personaly, for me, no.

Doesnt anyone find it strange that the bulk of religion, outwith Paganism, has only realy been around since mankind became civilised? Around 2000 years give or take?

The garden of Eden - we have found things that are known to have lived waaaay before man.

God talking to Moses, but no one since?

Would an almighty creator realy expect people just to believe a book compiled a few hundred years after the death of Jesus Christ?

If He has made us in His image, then we are part of His design. That includes inquisitiveness and the ability to question things, not to believe things as they are or risk not getting past the pearly gates for not believing a book?

I think the only believeable part is the 'let there be light' - this may correspond with the big bang, but the rest - no, not for me.

Still, this is just me. Religion is a good thing for people who can give themselves up to believing it. It gives people hope, and thats a great. I personaly believe there is a reason everything exists, and if there is a creator its not the 'almighty smiter' from the Bible.

Christians dont be offended, this is just my opinion

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Sun 11/03/13 06:46 AM
Here was me thinking I could offer someone some advice on something close to home, but I guess my plumbing isnt correct laugh laugh

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Sun 11/03/13 06:45 AM
come on guys you aint falling for this!!

'female doctor' - why female?

Shhhhcam!

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Thu 10/31/13 06:00 AM

Like I said I wasnt trying to cause offense and apologies if any has been taken.

No offense taken. I'm very sorry your loved one was taken advantage of. flowerforyou

Thank you :)

Who knows, im wrong about a lot of things, ill probably end up wrong here again!

:banana:

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Thu 10/31/13 05:56 AM
Order my breakfast!

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Thu 10/31/13 05:54 AM
well your bf ignoring you would be the first sign!

Always very protective of his cell/mobile phone?

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Thu 10/31/13 05:49 AM

Wow this was a dead thread! lol

yeah I would guess I used to be open minded but that closed firmly after seeing someone I know charged a lot of money for a pshchic who was, in my opinion, utterly shite. The person in question was grieving and I just dont think its right that she was taken advantage of, and I could honestly have throttled this charlatan. People shouldnt have to be open minded when theres a death involved, it should be up to the psychic (if they want paid ridiculous money) to show they realy can do what they claim.

Still though, each to their own. If people believe it then fair enough I wouldnt argue with it :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

x

I agree with you Brian and as far as charging money because it's the only way to be valued or taken seriously, I see that as a huge cop out...Authenticity does not require validation....I will be the first to admit that I have not spent much time studying or analyzing the validity of psychics...When I have questions or concerns, I reject their claims and their services and look to myself and the counsel of those who love me for resolution, help, and/or advice...I agree with Moe too, as long as people are willing to pay, self proclaimed psychics are going to charge for a reading which they have every right to do...My reasons for feeling the way I do are intellectually and spiritually based (my intellect and my spirituality) which means they are my opinions and feelings not to be taken as fact....

Psychic is a word derived from the Greek word psyche ( something that gives life to the body )...Later, anima (soul) was added to the meaning to tie together the relationship between the human mind (inner) and body (outer)...This tells me that psychic, as a derivative of the word psyche, does not imply the ability to perceive information above and beyond the five normal senses of perception...The word psyche is also linked to the word psychology, or the study of the mind as it relates to inner and outer realities...Understanding the meaning of the word psyche made it easy for me to accept as fact that being psychic does not imply power or enlightenment...Connecting with the spirit world does not bring enlightenment either...A "claimed" ability to channel would not guarantee harmony with a higher power...For me, the most evidenced proof of this comes from the so called psychics themselves when they insist they can make a connection for others and in doing so feel entitled to ask for compensation!...The only way to connect to a higher power is to cultivate your own spirit and this takes immense introspection which must not only be cultivated constantly, it must be adhered to religiously!...Anyone who thinks they have a psychic gift would also acknowledge that this ability can only be used for the higher good of ALL...In order to do this as a constant, a person would have to be devoid of ego...Psychic "ability" is something that we all have...Uncultivated, it remains a tiny little part of our total package...I view self proclaimed psychics as people who try to convince others (through inflated ego) that, when it comes to the power of perception, they are gifted or just a little more special than the rest of us mortals...ohwell

Good to see some rational thinking :)

Im not saying that its not true, just that I dont personaly buy into it anymore.

You make a great point regarding psychic's needing to be devoid of ego. Someone may not charge for readings, but still do it for the fame or thrill of people believing they are tuned to a higher purpose.

I just think theres so many things that could be done to prove beyond doubt either way, but in my book it always seems to boil down to 'I cant seem to channel anything right now' or 'no one wishes to come forward' or something of the like. Surely in a world full of doubters, any higher purpose would leave no reason for doubt.

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Thu 10/31/13 05:41 AM

So, you are saying that because someone you loved got scammed by someone claiming to be a psychic, you do not believe psychic abilities exist at all? Does that really make sense to you?

I'm not suggesting you must believe. It is neither here nor there to me if you believe or not. But, your reasoning doesn't make sense in this case.

Like I said I wasnt trying to cause offense and apologies if any has been taken.

If you read my first post - namely my boss in work who extracted information using suggestive techniques, not psychic ones, was a major part in it. As was the television entertainer Derren Brown. The part with the charlatan psychic was possibly the straw that broke the camels back.

There was also a test done on live television over here where 3 psychic's (one was Derek Ogilvie) were tested on their ability with the promise of a cool million pounds if they passed, and all 3 completely flunked it. 3 'reputable psychics'.

Then there was another well known television psychic, Derek Acorah, who worked on a show called Most Haunted over here for around 3 years. He was tricked by one of the shows investigators Keiran O'Keefe. Mr O'Keefe ensured Mr Acorah (Pakora as I like to call him) overheard him mention the name of a spirit haunting the property. But the name and ghost were completely made up. Then during filming Mr Pakora brought the name up and claimed he was haunting the premises. The result was the sacking of Mr Acorah and a completely ruined rep.

Someone mentioned that if people are willing to pay, why shouldnt psychics charge silly money. One word for you - Grieving. Hardly makes someone stupid. Think before committing to ridiculous statements

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 17