BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Mon 08/19/13 02:53 AM

HOLLER!!
What if Ms Right has appeared on the scene and wants to chat ... on a F1 Sunday, :laughing:

Welcome to Mingle
flowerforyou
Hahaha thank you for the welcome!

If Ms Right appeared on the scene on F1 Sunday, Ms Right will, im afraid, need to remain Ms Right until the race finished laugh laugh

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Mon 08/19/13 02:51 AM
ill look them up, thanks for the heads up :banana: : dont compose my own stuff to behonest, although I think I could. Maybe i should try :smile:

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Sun 08/18/13 11:07 AM
Interesting take Crystal, and not one I can argue with in any way. Guess my view was a bit biased from viewing older couples together, they always seem the happiest. But I guess thats the ones that were truly happy and not the ones that felt compelled to stay in an unhappy household.

How times change indeed. :smile:

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Sun 08/18/13 10:56 AM
Good stuff, it needs a name! :smile:

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Sun 08/18/13 10:41 AM

'Love changes everything' by (insert band name here, because I've forgot who sings it. An eighties tune). It reminds me of when me and my mum once lived in a hostel around the time the song was released.

Any Meatloaf song, too :)
New to this and still have no idea how this quoting thing goes.

Meant to write aint meatloaf a bit of a mandiva? LOL

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Sun 08/18/13 10:38 AM

Man how times change huh ?
But i DO think there are still plenty of folks out here who are
Looking for that ...
Just hard to find in an OCEAN of "It takes all kinds to make a world"
Good luck and never give up hope in your own pursuits of happiness

drinker
Amen to that!!

The common attitude in my day seems to be 'I, me, mine'

Still, cant tar them all with one brush, as they say laugh

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Sun 08/18/13 10:31 AM
Edited by BrianLovesGuitar on Sun 08/18/13 10:48 AM

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Sun 08/18/13 09:43 AM
Is a committed partner a thing of the past? I used to think no, now im not so sure. Even when people say they are.

Think I should have been born in the 50's or 60's - anyone notice how relationships from then seem to last a lifetime.

Give me a quiff anyday laugh laugh

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Sun 08/18/13 09:36 AM
Not trying out for the Royal Marine Commando's will be one of my biggest regrets....or even the Territorials.

Having said that im not sure i follow the morals of current campaigns. But then again its not the job of a serviceman/woman to question morals, just follow orders....

so maybe it was a good thing i didnt laugh

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Sun 08/18/13 09:10 AM
I took mine from facebook, saved them to my desktop then uploaded to this - also a newbie :banana:

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Sun 08/18/13 08:42 AM
Hi guys,

I play acoustic guitar and need idea's for some new songs to learn. I have been learning so much Jack Johnson recently that my fingers are bleeding, even if i wasnt around in the 'summer of 69'

Picture the scene: Sunset on a beach (dont get that much in Scotland!), campfire, few beers: Whats the ideal song???

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Sun 08/18/13 08:37 AM
Haha, thanks for the welcome. I think ill skip the unwanted stuff mentioned by Winx though laugh
I hope you'll give out some too ol bean.

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Sun 08/18/13 08:32 AM
Linwood near Glasgow!!

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Sun 08/18/13 08:30 AM
I think the biggest song for me (reasons remaining annonymous) in this respect is called 'Do you remember?' by Jack Johnson. He's not much known here in Scotland but the blokes my inspiration.

The other is by a new up and comer from Sheffield in England, called Jake Bugg. The songs called 'two fingers' - was played at one of my best friends funerals 3 weeks ago and has been in my head ever since.

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Sun 08/18/13 08:27 AM
Im Scottish, the proclaimers are National Hero's here. They even mention the town im from in one of their songs!

I had to make frequent road trips back n forth from Ohio to Massachusets while my mother was dying of cancer. I only had a few cds to play cuz I kept forgettin to pick something up for the trip.

One of the few was a Proclaimers 'best of' or something, and it had a lot of faith/spirituality messages, which my mother was struggling with. I liked it, then, just fine, but now it evokes too much emotion for me as I connect the music with her passing.

yes - there is some music that I prefer not to listen to also...but it's not listed here

I think where there are good memories, it's OK
quite right. The same band did 500 miles, and that one reminds me of a time in a pub in Oban with excellent company. The song came on the juke and the whole pub sang along loudly. Great memory.

:thumbsup:

alotta rap and metal from decade early 2000 is really hard for me to listen to but I still do because it is bittersweet...I was going through a very difficult time but at the same time made some friends who helped me (mostly just by lending an ear or an evening) so it also reminds me of them.....after the passage of some time it has become, finally, some of my favorite music....reminds me of stephen, jared, james, jarren, erin, shirly, christine, wes, eric, theresa, and a buncha folks from the local music scene at the time :heart: flowerforyou

oh and the library ladies :)

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Sat 08/17/13 11:47 AM
By unwanted I assume you mean web trolls? LOL. Nothing to fear there, ill just turn a blind one to that happy

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Sat 08/17/13 11:41 AM
Thanks Winx, trying to figure out how it all works. You would think its simple, but im a bloke. What can I say....laugh laugh

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Sat 08/17/13 11:29 AM
New to this...confused much...yeplaugh

1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 17 Next