BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Fri 08/23/13 04:56 PM
Well the one that was doing it to me has either deactivated their account or it has been done by admins on this.

I got a message at the same time i was reporting it asking for my email again. Said no, you aint who you say you are.

Least theyre gone waving

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Fri 08/23/13 09:08 AM

I'm a moderator. It us better to report the profile using the report button and explain there. That way there is a log

Done!

My guess is the person in question is African, but as I say its just a guess.

These people are clearly stealing peoples profile pictures from social networking sites and using them on places like Mingle2, which is more or less a form of identity theft.

Anyway thats it been reported, heres hoping its dealt with :smile:

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Fri 08/23/13 08:39 AM

The site can tell. This is one of the best site for getting rid of them but we can't catch them all. The members have to notify us. don't go off site with someone because it's out of our jurisdiction

Hi Yellowrose,

Are you part of the admin team from this site, if so I can message you the details.

Lucky for me I just laugh that crap off, but it may be a good thing to stop it happening to others.

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Fri 08/23/13 08:37 AM

Report and block them. The site will handle them

Hi,

I would love to, but how can the admins differenciate?

Would be nice though, and its so tempting to name and shame the people but you cant really without concrete proof.

:smile:

This all reminds me of what it was like on
meetme.com, which used to be yearbook.com.
A place where you go to talk to different
people.

It really didn't seem to be a friendship driven
site. Was just a place where guys tried to
pickup women. Most of the time, I'll bet
nothing ever materialized out of it.

One thing I remember happening, was they had
these models, hot young women who were actually
scammers, e-mail you or click on the "like you
button.

Oh, at first guys were jumping with joy
thinking this gorgeous young women was
contacting them, including myself. The
smart ones got the picture pretty much
right away though.

Its just needless. People praying on folks looking for something positive in their lives, and it aint right.

Im quite lucky in that i signed up for this with no expectations, just for some friendly talk. Dont get me wrong, if someone local popped up and were sincere, a PUBLIC meet would be something id possibly consider, but im not sure. Its pretty much impossible to judge someone over a keyboard.

If you are doing this with the best of intentions, then good luck to you guys.

The fakers can take a long walk off a very short bridge....

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Fri 08/23/13 07:53 AM

Report and block them. The site will handle them

Hi,

I would love to, but how can the admins differenciate?

Would be nice though, and its so tempting to name and shame the people but you cant really without concrete proof.

:smile:

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Fri 08/23/13 07:51 AM

Snowden: UK government now leaking documents about itself

The NSA whistleblower says: 'I have never spoken with, worked with, or provided any journalistic materials to the Independent'

The Independent this morning published an article - which it repeatedly claims comes from "documents obtained from the NSA by Edward Snowden" - disclosing that "Britain runs a secret internet-monitoring station in the Middle East to intercept and process vast quantities of emails, telephone calls and web traffic on behalf of Western intelligence agencies." This is the first time the Independent has published any revelations purportedly from the NSA documents, and it's the type of disclosure which journalists working directly with NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden have thus far avoided.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/aug/23/uk-government-independent-military-base?cmp=a

Hi,

If you have access to BBC iplayer, so on and watch the latest Horizon: Beating the hackers

Some frightening stuff on there, ill tell you scared

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Fri 08/23/13 07:47 AM

Yes its like a whole crew and on their profile it says they're Austrailian. I've been deleting at least 2 to 3 a day.

Geez, thats a lot.

Best to stick to my own area then, i think lol :smile:

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Fri 08/23/13 07:46 AM

Yeah, it was truemate1626. I'm not gona bait them with replies but I assume they'll be some begging story or some offer to ccome visit with last minute airticket problems..and can I help? Lol.
Scammers!

Ahh mines a different one, but story sounds the same.

They must think were mugs lol laugh laugh

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Fri 08/23/13 07:29 AM

Yes, but I can usually tell a scammer.

Hi,

Me too. The style of writing usualy gives it away...or the grammar (not that mines any better lol) happy

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Fri 08/23/13 07:14 AM

I just need a true love!!!! But i just keep falling into the hands of guys impersonating to be females!!! Cant we just be honest with each other?

Hi, I dont have anything to hide, or any reason to.

I wouldnt even say im on here looking for someone, but its good for meeting and talking to people. Age, sex and location are irrelvant to me :smile:

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Fri 08/23/13 07:10 AM

Just had the same. Someone from "Texas" who ended up being from Ghana by email. The girl is probably some guy sat trying pulling a scam , poor fool, lol.

Mate this sounds like the exact same thing!

Does this persons profile picture show a girl of 30 with brown hair???

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Fri 08/23/13 07:09 AM

It would be nice if every person on the web
were genuine and real. Sadly, that's just
not the way it goes.brokenheart

True that, just dont want to say otherwise incase its true lol

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Fri 08/23/13 07:01 AM
I have an email address i made just for this, with its own password. Im a bit wary of net fraudsters.

Lets just say the person in question gave me a life story of being stuck in another country, having had their money swindled by and ex, and making statements like 'yes im from American'

Alarm bells? Thats more like a bomb going off in a broom cupboard laugh laugh

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Fri 08/23/13 06:56 AM
Anyone else here had someone message them to ask for their email address, but found it a bit fishy?

Just had one where someone claiming to be from a certain country, when going from their grammer and style of writing, were blatantly from somewhere else. Its not just someone that cant spell very well, trust me. Seems a bit dodgy they ask for your email address and give you a life story which is realy hard to believe....

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Fri 08/23/13 06:48 AM
actually I think a week on her qualifies in making you and experienced Mingler laugh laugh laugh

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Fri 08/23/13 06:37 AM
Hey, welcome!

Im (sort of) a newbie now lol laugh

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Fri 08/23/13 06:14 AM

11/22/63 is fantastic.

Current:

Once Upon A Halloween - Richard Laymon. Horror, set on Halloween. Satanic cult, and ghosts. Like all the Laymon books I've read, they're fun fast reads.

Genre:

Don't really have a favorite genre, I like scifi, horror, fantasy, mystery, thriller. I like King, John Irving, Richard Laymon, Robert McCammon, Larry McMurtry

Favorite:

Boy's Life - Robert McCammon
Steel Beach - John Varley
The Hotel New Hampshire - John Irving
The Drawing Of The Three - Stephen King
Lord Of The Rings - Tolkien

Thanks, ill need to look them up!

I have just finished 11/22/63 - superb book. Bit of a sad ending but i suspected thats what would happen.

Honestly, if you like Lord Of The Rings, you should order some David Gemmill books. There are whole ranges, but they are superb reads. Anyone ive ever told them about ends up buying all his work!

laugh laugh

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Fri 08/23/13 02:25 AM
''The world aint all sunshine and rainbows. Its a very mean and nasty place, and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently of you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it aint about how hard you hit; its about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. Thats how winning is done. Now, if you know what your worth go out and get what your worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not point fingers saying you aint where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and that aint you, your better than that!''

By a certain Mr Balboa, but so true to life. Classic

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Fri 08/23/13 02:19 AM
Thanks sweets :)

I think, whilst American folk music may be influenced by other nations, her folk music has definatley taken its own route, IE county music and as you mentioned, rythmn and blues, rap etc.

Scots and Irish folk music is very similar, i just collectivley call it Celtic. The Scottish, Irish, Welsh and even the Cornish English all share the Celtic connection.

English folk music in my mind is the likes of Greenfingers etc....to be honest I dont know many English folk songs...maybe someone can fill me in there..

BrianLovesGuitar's photo
Fri 08/23/13 02:12 AM
Old mother Hubbard went to the cupboard
To fetch her poor dog a bone.
When she bent over
Rover took over
And gave her a bone of his own.

Oh dear oops