Community > Posts By > Zero_Effected

no photo
Mon 12/24/18 08:56 AM
waving howdy peeps!!! drinker
just poppin by to wish everyone a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!! flowers drinker drinker

well THESE have been an interesting couple of months!!! frustrated

1st moment of note was back in early November.. whilst on a typical early morning jaunt out with my pooch.. we were heading home when out of the blue, a black pick-up drove straight at us.. we were an easy 4 feet off the soft shoulder, minding our own business, but for some reason, I looked up and saw a man, with a mean look, coming at us head on.. I dove into the ditch, pushing my dog ahead of me, to get out of the a-holes way.. he finally swerved just before he hit the ditch and sped off.. couldn't catch his plate though.. but did manage to hobble the rest of the way home quickly enough.. with only a few scrapes and bruises!

fast forward to Dec. 6th...
again while on my morning pooch jaunt.. I stepped on what I thought was a small mound of snow, about the size of a grapefruit, only to discover it was a rock and proceeded to loose my footing and face plant into the asphalt! I remember my dog yelping as I fell, then the pain shoot up thru my leg, then the taste of blood!

I chipped my tooth and split my lip when my face hit the pavement!
I laid on the soft shoulder for about 10 mins with my arm in the air, waving at passerby's.. not one car stopped!

I finally found the courage to get up only to drop on my knees and hands hard again, from the ankle pain.. later I'd discover bruises on both.. after a few breathless moments, I tried getting up again.. this time in slow motion.. once I got my right foot solidly under my weight, I started hopping home with dog in tow.. she was amazing!!! I was about a 7 min walk from the house when I fell.. but it took about 45 mins to make that grueling trek back.. car after car drove past.. ignoring my weak attempts at pleas of help! when I finally hopped into my driveway.. as I paused for breath, tears streaming down my face, I yelled out at the universe.. "thanks for nothing you ingrate, non-humanitarian F**KS!" that morning I lost even more faith in mankind!! "The world is going to hell in a hand basket" my grandma used to say.. she was one smart lady.. and somewhat of a psychic it would seem!!

to add insult to (literal) injury.. I spent 2 weeks at home, alone, hobbling around as best I could (thank GAWD for keeping those crutches all these years LOL).. I finally managed to get thru to our local volunteer service for a lift to the hospital AND they even did a grocery run for me!!

my kids live too far away too help but my eldest did some groceries for me yesterday and is coming on the 26th.. WOOT!! she also plans on doing a bunch of cooking for me AND cleaning!! wow.. what a sweetheart!! She would have come sooner but she just got back to work end of Nov. from maternity leave.. and has a 1 & 2 yr old at home that need her! So she's stepping up the best way she can!

that said.. MY Christmas and new year will be spent in a cast.. at home.. catching up on TV shows and movies.. not what I had envisioned for my time off but.. just the way it has to be for another 6 weeks.. good job I work from home though.. I can still work AND get paid!! :thumbsup:

hoping all YOUR dreams come true in 2019!! as do mine.. once I wake up from this nightmare!!! laugh

no photo
Sun 11/18/18 08:45 AM
it's SUNDAY people.. you know what THAT means huh winking

no photo
Sun 11/18/18 08:39 AM

-5 C (23F)

feels like -8 C (18F)
calm winds
SNOWFALL WARNING - 10 to 20 cm of snow (4-8") overnight'n tomorrow

it's SHOVEL time.. oh joy ohwell

dang weatherman got it wrong.. AH-gain!
we ended up with 18" of the white fluffy stuff surprised welcome to the Great White North!!!

that of course, followed by a light rain, then 2 more inches of the danged white stuff grumble had to make a snow maze to walk the dog cuz the streets were messy'n slippery... sad2 mind you.. the dog LOVES the maze laugh

today?
-6 C (21F) with SUNSHINE!! :thumbsup: but it ain't melting! noway

no photo
Sun 11/18/18 08:31 AM
welcome to Canada... we be legal too, eh?! bigsmile smokin

no photo
Sun 11/18/18 08:26 AM
I'm honored to have met you too!! flowerforyou it is therapeutic isn't it.. smokin hey.. I got 3 empty bedrooms and lookin' for a roommate.. interested?? you can mow to your hearts content AND shovel too.. it's also very therapeutic.. bigsmile laugh

they're good.. she's a mechanic now surprised :thumbsup: and off on their own.. the other and her 2 are good as well.. family's grown since I saw you last.. 3 g-babys now.. shades

still making your annual trek back to the 'homeland'? winking

drinker

no photo
Thu 11/15/18 05:44 PM

laugh I LOVE it!! WOOT.. the pub is front page news.. lets hope that'll draw'em in.. even just to say "hi" bigsmile smokin drinker drinker

no photo
Thu 11/15/18 05:43 PM

Zee,

The pub's front windows are blacked out again.

The cats had clear glass so that they could watch for law officers in case their catnip operation was raided.

I cleaned out the remaining catnip.

YAY.. AWEsome!! thanks Dave!!! :thumbsup:

just hope you remembered to double bag that catnip.. if NOT? you'll be cleaning it up again!! tongue2

no photo
Thu 11/15/18 05:39 PM
-5 C (23F)

feels like -8 C (18F)
calm winds
SNOWFALL WARNING - 10 to 20 cm of snow (4-8") overnight'n tomorrow

it's SHOVEL time.. oh joy ohwell

no photo
Thu 11/15/18 05:22 PM
sorry I missed you too.. how's life my dear?

yeah.. BEEN awhile huh laugh I can't believe I still remember how to type a smiley surprised LOL

she's still got it baybay WOOT!! smokin

by the way.. brought more coffee.. this time? it's in a VERY tightly sealed thermos! enjoy!! drinker flowers

I should put something inspirational in here.. shouldn't I.. hmmm... think

like pitching in to mow a "strangers" lawn winking biggrin drinker

no photo
Tue 11/13/18 07:02 PM
-10 C (14F)
winds at 40+ km/hr (approx 30 miles/hr)
brrrrrrrr cold out with more snow coming! although thankfully, not staying.. YET!

no photo
Tue 11/13/18 06:55 PM
hmmmmmmmm.. *zee wonders if she'll ever get to flip this thread again..* do ya think we can make it to part 82?? spock

probably take another few years at the rate I've been on over the past year huh laugh oh well.. when in pub.. winking drinker

no photo
Tue 11/13/18 06:52 PM

Zee, you need to tell the cats to take down the leasing sign that they put up.

*zee heads to the front window and rips off the sign.. then heads out to find the fur ball* no worries.. I got it.. pitchfork

no photo
Tue 11/13/18 06:50 PM

Silly Human, Trix are for kids.

So, is the pub going to be open again?

laugh

for now.. yes! winking
why....... are you looking for a job??? shades

I will tend to the bar for you, but I will not clean the restrooms.

well THAT sucks.. ohwell *zee goes in search of the mop'n bucket*

no photo
Tue 11/13/18 06:49 PM

I'm so glad to hear that.. good for you both!! flowerforyou

yes ma'am.. and still doing some reno's.. GAWD it never ends.. but hey.. that's MY fault right?! I'm thinking I like working with my hands too much winking at least it's keeping me outta trouble!! laugh

I'm pleasantly amazed at all the old face's I'm seeing here.. and it sure is nice having a bit of free time to come back and 'mingle' :wink:
His Halloween pic is on my profile ;-)

Tis always the season for a renovation..I am
getting ready to paint my place purple ;-)

my daughter would love to get a house and paint it purple.. inside AND out.. it's her fave color.. I'm sure it'll look.. funky! noway
laugh

although that said.. my reno's are still at the plastering stage.. got a whole basement to do.. then put in the ceiling.. THEN paint.. phew.. I'm exhausted just thinking about it yawn LOL

VERY cool costume.. :thumbsup: and? what were YOU at Halloween?? spock

no photo
Sun 11/11/18 05:32 PM

Silly Human, Trix are for kids.

So, is the pub going to be open again?

laugh

for now.. yes! winking
why....... are you looking for a job??? shades

no photo
Sun 11/11/18 05:30 PM

I'm thinkin' a bit of both laugh

you know life.. always gettin' in the way... winking

(((soufie)))) flowers
hoping all is well with you'n krupa drinker

Couldn't be better ;-)
You still in that gorgeous house?

I'm so glad to hear that.. good for you both!! flowerforyou

yes ma'am.. and still doing some reno's.. GAWD it never ends.. but hey.. that's MY fault right?! I'm thinking I like working with my hands too much winking at least it's keeping me outta trouble!! laugh

I'm pleasantly amazed at all the old face's I'm seeing here.. and it sure is nice having a bit of free time to come back and 'mingle' :wink:

no photo
Sun 11/11/18 05:17 PM

waving drinker smokin
crap.. has it really been over a year??? noway

hey everyone.. just poppin' by to say Hi!!! waving

yes my evil minion.. I am BACK! *insert evil laughter*pitchfork

looks like the "CLOSED" sign has been up since I left.. spock

kidding aside.. hiya Dave.. waving
how's trix?

no photo
Sun 11/11/18 09:05 AM
((((2k)))) (((((storm)))) flowers

just poppin in ta show luv! waving

no photo
Sun 11/11/18 08:56 AM
kiss on that bald pate!
waving

no photo
Sun 11/11/18 08:44 AM

Is this all about bootie calls or do they still think they are mommy's lil' princess when they are facing old age?

Wake up- the clock is ticking

it's reasons like this that MAY make an older woman want a younger man.. cynicism does NOT look good on anyone! noway

in my experience.. negativity attracts negative people and opinions..
having dated men from different age groups.. I've discovered men my age or slightly younger are a good fit.. that said.. it's not set in stone.. I'd be attracted to a man that had a character similar to mine.. regardless of his age.. but within reason (in other words.. not looking for a 35 year old.. OR to be someone's mommy! slaphead )

plus.. I was NEVER mommy's lil princess.. I was more Daddy's lil tomboy bigsmile

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25